dnf777
08-04-2009, 09:35 AM
OMG. Watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAOBlqUqUZ8

I will avoid that sight!

VERY nice dress!

brandywinelabs
08-04-2009, 09:42 AM
R U saying Glenn is dressed nicely? Or did I miss something?;)

K G
08-04-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm reminded of a Rare Earth song from the 70's....

Hey, Big Brother
As soon as you arrive
You better get in touch with the people, Big Brother
And get them on your side, Big Brother
Keep them satisfied.

Welcome to the beat of a city street
Walk on now and don't be shy
Take a closer look at the people you meet
And notice the fear in their eye, yeah
Watching the time passing by.

Hey, Big Brother
As soon as you arrive
Keep them satisfied.

Focus your eye on the filthy sky
Just as far as-a you can see
Everybody's gettin' kinda tired of waitin'
'Cause nobody wants to cry, yeah
Nobody wants to die.

Hey, Big Brother
As soon as you arrive
Keep them satisfied.

Now that you've got the picture, what you going to do
Now that you've got the picture, what you going to do

Woah, hey, Big Brother, I know you're out there somewhere
If we don't get our thing together
Big Brother will be watching us
He ain't gonna get me
Are you gonna let him get you
He'll never get me
He'll never get me, no

Big Brother's coming
No he'll never get me no no no no
Hey, Big Brother
Keep them by your side, ah

(Songwriters: Fekaris, Dino; Zesses, Nikolas E)

kg

subroc
08-04-2009, 10:06 AM
waiting for the lefties that vilified the past administration for activities that were put in place with the safety and security of the nation in mind, as part of the patriot act, to find a way to twist this invasion of privacy as needed, as part of the auto manufaturers take over, when buying a car.

K G
08-04-2009, 10:19 AM
waiting for the lefties that vilified the past administration for activities that were put in place with the safety and security of the nation in mind, as part of the patriot act, to find a way to twist this invasion of privacy as needed, as part of the auto manufaturers take over, when buying a car.

Me too!!!!:D

Demands a flood of righteous indignation but expecting a trickle regards, ;-)

kg

dnf777
08-04-2009, 10:24 AM
R U saying Glenn is dressed nicely? Or did I miss something?;)

Was Glenn in that clip?

brandywinelabs
08-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Me too!!!!:D

Demands a flood of righteous indignation but expecting a trickle regards, ;-)

kg

So far not even a trickle...........

K G
08-04-2009, 12:07 PM
VERY nice dress!

Was Glenn in that clip?

Glenn who???? :o:D;-)

Proud to share my initials with her regards, :cool:

kg

JDogger
08-04-2009, 04:27 PM
http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/08/cars-gov-terms-service

http://www.dot.gov/privacy.html

Before you play the video of Glenn Beck's latest loonyhttp://www.dot.gov/privacy.html-tunes conspiracy theory, keep in mind that it's totally nuts. Here's the key information debunking it:

If you are a consumer visiting cars.gov (http://www.cars.gov/) (the "cash for clunkers" website) the Federal government cannot take control over your computer, nor will it ask permission to do so.
The "Terms of Use" statement to which Beck refers in this clip is not from cars.gov (http://www.cars.gov/). Rather it is a login page for dealer transactions located (https://supplierpayments.esc.gov/OA_HTML/RF.jsp?function_id=28716&resp_id=-1&resp_appl_id=-1&security_group_id=0&lang_code=US&params=1QjBbvK328ZbUaSUNj3kbu7K3gvpagsk17LptZc1LOg ) at esc.gov.
The only people who can get login credentials for the esc.gov (https://supplierpayments.esc.gov/OA_HTML/RF.jsp?function_id=28716&resp_id=-1&resp_appl_id=-1&security_group_id=0&lang_code=US&params=1QjBbvK328ZbUaSUNj3kbu7K3gvpagsk17LptZc1LOg ) site are dealers who have been screened and registered for the "cash for clunkers" program.
To summarize: the page in question isn't on cars.gov and can only be used by dealers who have already registered. Consumers won't be impacted by any of this.With that out of the way, enjoy the crazy:

achiro
08-05-2009, 11:06 AM
http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/08/cars-gov-terms-service

http://www.dot.gov/privacy.html

Before you play the video of Glenn Beck's latest loonyhttp://www.dot.gov/privacy.html-tunes conspiracy theory, keep in mind that it's totally nuts. Here's the key information debunking it:
If you are a consumer visiting cars.gov (http://www.cars.gov/) (the "cash for clunkers" website) the Federal government cannot take control over your computer, nor will it ask permission to do so.
The "Terms of Use" statement to which Beck refers in this clip is not from cars.gov (http://www.cars.gov/). Rather it is a login page for dealer transactions located (https://supplierpayments.esc.gov/OA_HTML/RF.jsp?function_id=28716&resp_id=-1&resp_appl_id=-1&security_group_id=0&lang_code=US&params=1QjBbvK328ZbUaSUNj3kbu7K3gvpagsk17LptZc1LOg ) at esc.gov.
The only people who can get login credentials for the esc.gov (https://supplierpayments.esc.gov/OA_HTML/RF.jsp?function_id=28716&resp_id=-1&resp_appl_id=-1&security_group_id=0&lang_code=US&params=1QjBbvK328ZbUaSUNj3kbu7K3gvpagsk17LptZc1LOg ) site are dealers who have been screened and registered for the "cash for clunkers" program.
To summarize: the page in question isn't on cars.gov and can only be used by dealers who have already registered. Consumers won't be impacted by any of this.With that out of the way, enjoy the crazy:
OK, so you are saying that it is fine for our gubmint to monitor private businesses. Check.

dnf777
08-05-2009, 11:24 AM
OK, so you are saying that it is fine for our gubmint to monitor private businesses. Check.

Yes, and if the SEC had taken it's charge more seriously and honestly, we wouldn't have just spent billions bailing them out...or sending their execs on luxurious vacations....whatever we did with that money??

I don't want the gov't running or interfering with private business, but ensuring fair trade and competition is reasonable. That's what gives the small business guy a fair chance. Gov't certainly protects the big corporations, and what's good for them, is good for the small guy.

JDogger
08-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Yep. If that private business is doing business with the government, you betcha. Medicare and medicaid providers should also be closely monitored. Same goes for non-bidding defense contractors.

YardleyLabs
08-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Actually, there's a pretty big difference between monitoring a computer that is connected to a Federal government cash transaction system and monitoring a business. Generally speaking, systems that are permitted to connect with massive financial systems are carefully vetted to be sure that they are not going to become security holes into the system.

Systems that I have worked with that included such links to financial links have invariably been single purpose machines. They were connected to the external system but were not connected to any internal system. I don't know how the cars application has been designed. However, given that it is used to permit dealers to submit information on a specific clunker and then to receive pre-approval of a $3500-4500 payment from the government, the potential for abuse is very high. Whether the disclosure is simply bureaucratic stupidity or a legitimate warning about an actual surveillance program for ensuring system integrity is not clear. If I saw that warning I would certainly make sure that the computer used contained no other data or applications and tha it was not linked to any of my other computers.

The fact that Beck has misrepresented the link and the context in which a user is subject to the warning is not surprsing given the source.

JDogger
08-05-2009, 12:54 PM
I have an idea, though. Why don't some of us, posing as "constitutional watchdogs," start sending him things to get crazy about on his show? I'm thinking that "Obama is injecting mind-control serum into our nation's meat products" and "sex was invented by Democrats to distract you during the far-left take-over of our government" would be great positive-behavior reinforcing memes. We'd end up with Beck's audience turning vegetarian and not having children. Now that's called making lemonade from lemons, isn't it?

K G
08-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Your best bet is to continue believing that all of the "money" that the government is giving away is going to actually help our economy. Talk about a fantasy....:rolleyes:

All cash for clunkers has done is accelerate the purchase cycle for new cars and eliminate thousands of automobiles from being acquired by folks who might need them to replace their own pre-1984 jalopies. Has anyone (the government hasn't, that much is obvious) considered the energy that is going to be used to return these cars to scrap metal? Has anyone considered where this scrap metal will be sent to be "reused?" Has anyone considered the amount of pollution this process will release into our environment? Has anyone considered that while the additional high-mileage cars that are on the road get better gas mileage, they'll be traveling MORE miles than their predecessors, resulting in EXACTLY the same if not MORE fossil-fuel emissions to be released into the environment?

If the Cap and Trade bill is passed, it won't matter WHAT kind of car you drive....you won't be able to AFFORD the fuel it will take to get from point A to point B.

Looking forward to Jeff's response to the above regards, ;-)

kg

brandywinelabs
08-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Hey, my 94 ranger 4.0L 4x4 didn't qualify for a new model of the same.
It gets the same EPA as the new ones with out all of the new fuel efficienct add-ons of the new ones. I thought the automakers were improving the fuel mileage.
So what is this really doing? I can't say here what I really think.........

dnf777
08-05-2009, 02:32 PM
I have an idea, though. Why don't some of us, posing as "constitutional watchdogs," start sending him things to get crazy about on his show? I'm thinking that "Obama is injecting mind-control serum into our nation's meat products" and "sex was invented by Democrats to distract you during the far-left take-over of our government" would be great positive-behavior reinforcing memes. We'd end up with Beck's audience turning vegetarian and not having children. Now that's called making lemonade from lemons, isn't it?

So what are ya puttin' in the lemonade, JDogger? :rolleyes:

JDogger
08-05-2009, 08:35 PM
So what are ya puttin' in the lemonade, JDogger? :rolleyes:

Jes' lemons, they seem to be the "fruit de jour."

JD

luvalab
08-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Your best bet is to continue believing that all of the "money" that the government is giving away is going to actually help our economy. Talk about a fantasy....:rolleyes:

All cash for clunkers has done is accelerate the purchase cycle for new cars and eliminate thousands of automobiles from being acquired by folks who might need them to replace their own pre-1984 jalopies. Has anyone (the government hasn't, that much is obvious) considered the energy that is going to be used to return these cars to scrap metal? Has anyone considered where this scrap metal will be sent to be "reused?" Has anyone considered the amount of pollution this process will release into our environment? Has anyone considered that while the additional high-mileage cars that are on the road get better gas mileage, they'll be traveling MORE miles than their predecessors, resulting in EXACTLY the same if not MORE fossil-fuel emissions to be released into the environment?

If the Cap and Trade bill is passed, it won't matter WHAT kind of car you drive....you won't be able to AFFORD the fuel it will take to get from point A to point B.

Looking forward to Jeff's response to the above regards, ;-)

kg

:shock:

Huh. Wasn't sure this day would come on an extra-dog topic, but I think I totally agree with Mr. K G, esp. middle paragraph.

Seems to me I remember a lot of dealers 6 months ago complaining that there were too many used cars out there... Hmmmm....

You don't suppose that government and business got together on the side and came up with a plan that...

Nah, that's crazytalk...

achiro
08-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Patriot Act under Bush=Bad, gives gubmint too much power.
Spying through computer under Obama= Good, bad bad business need to be controlled.
Got it.

Pete
08-05-2009, 10:36 PM
So If I get rid of my wopping 17 mile per gallon car to get a wopping 22 mpg car will I save the environment and balance the budget.
Who of you are fooled by this folly

In 79 my diesel rabbit got 52mpg and my neigbors 80s model geo metro got 60.mpg

So in 30 years we have turned into genieses thinking our 22 - 40 mpg cars including hybrids are are oh so special.

its all a crock of jit.

Things are becoming so rediculous there not worth argueing or debating about anymore.

p

JDogger
08-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Got it.

No...no. You don't.

What ever made you think the internet was a private place?

dnf777
08-05-2009, 10:46 PM
So in 30 years we have turned into genieses thinking our 22 - 40 mpg cars including hybrids are are oh so special.
p

Why do you think that is? I can guarantee you that if I could get my truck (GMC 2500HD) with similar HP, 30MPG, for nearly the same price...I'd be at the dealer when they open tomorrow. I'd be willing to pay a little extra even.

Gas prices WILL go up again someday. Americans WILL want more fuel efficient vehicles. Automakers have (as you pointed out) made care MORE efficient that what we have now, already. What are we missing here? What's stopping the "free" market from bringing what we want to market?

I honestly don't know.

JDogger
08-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Why do you think that is? I can guarantee you that if I could get my truck (GMC 2500HD) with similar HP, 30MPG, for nearly the same price...I'd be at the dealer when they open tomorrow. I'd be willing to pay a little extra even.

Gas prices WILL go up again someday. Americans WILL want more fuel efficient vehicles. Automakers have (as you pointed out) made care MORE efficient that what we have now, already. What are we missing here? What's stopping the "free" market from bringing what we want to market?

I honestly don't know.

Cause we don't want it. Ever count how many F-350 Power strokes and 3500 Duramax diesels are at your local FT/HT that aren't pulling a thing? Really...you don't know? Guess.

JD

dnf777
08-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Cause we don't want it. Ever count how many F-350 Power strokes and 3500 Duramax diesels are at your local FT/HT that aren't pulling a thing? Really...you don't know? Guess.

JD

I understand your point. But my point is why don't we have Duramax and F350s that get 35mpg? I'll bet you an RC and a moonpie that we will someday, and I'll also bet the technology is already on the books in Detroit. And when gas/fuel is $5+ per gallon again, people will want them.

Julie R.
08-05-2009, 11:55 PM

JD

OMG the SIN!!! All those rich folks drivin they pimped out rides; somebody needs to pull the plug. I sure hope Obongo does something about that. Maybe the gubmint should tax the hell out of them so they have to trade in those clunkers and go gitt'm all some little econoboxes. Think of all that money that could be redistributed!

You've sunk to a new low JDog, attacking field trialers and hunt testers for what they drive.

JDogger
08-06-2009, 12:08 AM
You've sunk to a new low JDog, attacking field trialers and hunt testers for what they drive.

It's what I drive Julie. How did you read Attack into what I wrote? JD

JDogger
08-06-2009, 12:19 AM
I understand your point. But my point is why don't we have Duramax and F350s that get 35mpg? I'll bet you an RC and a moonpie that we will someday, and I'll also bet the technology is already on the books in Detroit. And when gas/fuel is $5+ per gallon again, people will want them.
There is only so much energy in a gallon of gas, Dave. The mileage you get equates to weight/load/speed. We can want better, more fuel efficient PU's, but we aren't likely to get it in heavy trucks with internal combustion engines. I'm ready to load a crate in my Mini-Cooper, anybody else? My image at the line has more to do with the dog work than the ride I arrive in.

JD

code3retrievers
08-06-2009, 08:00 AM
Yep. If that private business is doing business with the government, you betcha. Medicare and medicaid providers should also be closely monitored. Same goes for non-bidding defense contractors.

So you are saying if I am a business owner that sells shock collars to a department of the federal government that they should be allowed to look at what is on my computer?

If so you are dumber than I thought.

By the way, this is the case and I will be damned if I would ever let them look at my personal information in this way. To think, the left was worried about scary Dick Cheney and Bush.

achiro
08-06-2009, 08:14 AM
No...no. You don't.

What ever made you think the internet was a private place?
Not the same thing at all. Let me add malware, keystroke loggers, and trackers to your computers. I bet you'd like that fine.

Steve Amrein
08-06-2009, 08:33 AM
There is only so much energy in a gallon of gas, Dave. The mileage you get equates to weight/load/speed. We can want better, more fuel efficient PU's, but we aren't likely to get it in heavy trucks with internal combustion engines. I'm ready to load a crate in my Mini-Cooper, anybody else? My image at the line has more to do with the dog work than the ride I arrive in.

JD

Ah but heres the thing. My 8,000 lb duramax is bumping up against 20 mpg. Let say the mini gets 40 it tips the scales at 2500 with your dogs stuff in it. The mini would have to get 70 MPG to see the same efficiancy per pound/Gal. If you wanted the mini hauled to the trial it may take away 3-4 mpg. Its all relative since everyone is paying 40 cents a gallon fuel tax ad ad a nickel for diesel. BTW one can still convert fry greese for around 90 cents a gallon. If I was a dealer I would by a stand alone laptop that only went to their site and when finished with the program put in the trunk of the last clunker on the way to the shredder.

I will give access to the feds if I can have access to acorns computor system.

dnf777
08-06-2009, 09:03 AM

JD

Of course there are limitations, but we are nowhere near the maximum efficiency of the int. combustion engine. I was using the example the other post mentioned of 50+mpg in the past, and extrapolating that to our trucks. I"ll stand by my bet that someday we will see those better numbers...

JDogger
08-06-2009, 10:48 PM
If so you are dumber than I thought.

Please code3, let loose, please tell us what you really think. Don't hold back, let it all go. I suspect you harbour a simmering fear and anger, that must be released, and if not, maybe directed towards violence in
some other venue. I hope not to hear of you on some evening broadcast, after shooting x # of innocent victims, before turning the gun on yourself.
My thoughts and prayers are with you brother.

JD

Smilie added for emphasis :p:p:p