PDA

View Full Version : TT Pro G2 or Sport G3

Latisha
08-05-2009, 05:45 PM
I am in the market for a new collar and looking at the Sport G3. I am also considered the Pro 100 G2 while they are still available on clearance. The Sport seems like it would probably be enough, so wondering if the upgrade and additional cost of the Pro is worth it?

Latisha

Wyldfire
08-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Go with the Pro. You will have it 7 years from now. Better made and as you and your dog advanced the range will become important. Range is over flat level ground, so when the dog gets into cover the extra range can become very important. It is more user friendly as the buttons are right at your finger tip. No looking down to get right button.

Juli H
08-05-2009, 09:08 PM
yes, go with the pro....

Juli

dnf777
08-05-2009, 11:31 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the sport transmitter is the same frame as their remote release transmitter. While mine has worked fine in the two months I've had it, I'm not overly impressed with the design. I hope it proves more durable than what I fear. Doesn't seem nearly as rugged as my Flyway canister transmitter.

Latisha
08-06-2009, 04:17 PM
The smaller Sport transmitter is very "Dogtraesque" to me. The collar I have used for the past 7 years has been a Dogtra so if anything, I am not sure I will like the bigger TT canister. I know the older TTs seemed way too big and clunky for me.

The price difference between the Sport and Pro is pretty big and is hard to justify right now. I looked at the new Dogtra's but don't like the LCD for the settings. I never liked having to take my eyes off my dog to adjust the correction like I have to with the Dogtra, and so the TT's seem superior in that regard.

Is the 1 mile range really needed? My Dogtra is only a 1/2 mile and not sure I have ever needed more. I don't run FT's.

The only other concern I have is that the only G2 left is the Pro 100 - which seems to be the least popular of the Pro series. Generally that is for a reason. :p

Latisha

Wyldfire
08-06-2009, 04:44 PM
The size difference between the Sport and the G2 transmitter is not the big. Picture below is my transmittor from my pro control (similar to the Sport), G2 tube, and old style tube transmitter. If you use more momentary than continues than go with the Flyaway. Saves you $20. I do feel as the tube transmitters are better built. The receiver is the same between them.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o220/adfoster/IM002473.jpg

Wyldfire
08-06-2009, 04:58 PM
I will add that with the purchase of the Flyaway at $270 you are done with expense, but if you go with the Sport for $230 you will have to buy batteries for it as needed.