PDA

View Full Version : example of media bias at the NY Times

subroc
08-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Nice example of left wing media bias at the NYTimes

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Times-touts-economic-momentum-recovery-in-1992-not-so-much-52781412.html

Franco
08-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Just more crap from the political liars.

JDogger
08-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Why don't you link to the NY Times then? Why the Washington Examiner?

Just askin'

JD

subroc
08-10-2009, 05:53 AM
Why don't you link to the NY Times then? Why the Washington Examiner?

Just askin'

JD

The article pointed it out just fine. No need to reinvent the wheel.

JDogger
08-10-2009, 07:41 AM
The Washington Examiner is unbiased...Right?

Bob Gutermuth
08-10-2009, 07:59 AM
With the current state of the government controlled media in the country, ie 90+ % of the media from ABC to the Washington compost being on the side of the far left, why does the left continue to hammer on the few outlets that are centrist or right of center? Are not we, who are conservative entitled to some truth from the media instead of the leftleaning propaganda that much of it provides?

Gerry Clinchy
08-10-2009, 08:28 AM
I read the original Times article, and I was very surprised that they were considering such a small decrease in unemployment rate as significant.

Bob Gutermuth
08-10-2009, 08:39 AM
3 kinds of lies: Lies, damned lies and statistics.

JDogger
08-10-2009, 11:48 PM
With the current state of the government controlled media in the country, ie 90+ % of the media from ABC to the Washington compost being on the side of the far left, why does the left continue to hammer on the few outlets that are centrist or right of center? Are not we, who are conservative entitled to some truth from the media instead of the leftleaning propaganda that much of it provides?

The right wing dominates the AM broadcast airwaves, Fox radio and TV, and as much of the internet as you care to log-on to.
You're under-represented? Check out RTF Potus place.
Don't like MSNBC, CNN, etc. Don't watch it. Pretty simple, Huh? I don't like Fox or Rush, I don't watch.
The few newsprint publications that still exist do so because they serve the mainstream public that is out there, or so is their free-willed judgement.
Don't bitch about biased, the right is as biased as the left.
You are being represented in perfect proportion to your percentage in the general population, (well PP excluded).
There was a popular election. It was not rigged. The SCOTUS did not have to weigh-in this time around. The left won, the right lost, get over it, and start planning, instead of just whining, and threatening. It'll swing your way again, I promise. It's the way it works.

G'night JD