PDA

View Full Version : Spector is an ASS!!!!

luvmylabs23139
08-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Sitting hear listening to Spector, What a jerk. He really thinks that I should give my hard earned money to a bunch of darn welfare slime. He is a total jerk. He wants single payer and admits that abortion should be paid for with my money. They just asked him why he defected and was told he is traitor. What a true statement. He was elected as a republican and defected and threw his voters under the bus.

Chris Atkinson
08-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Honestly, I sometimes scratch my head and wonder if creation of POTUS PLACE was a smart thing....

Chris

achiro
08-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Honestly, I sometimes scratch my head and wonder if creation of POTUS PLACE was a smart thing....

Chris
Just think, this stuff could be in the main forum. ;-)

luvmylabs23139
08-11-2009, 10:09 AM

Chris

It's a good thing. Many of us may rant and rave about politics, but it's not on the main forum. Those that want to avoid politics can simply not click on this section.

Honestly, I see more controversey flair up on the main forum on dog related matters, just look at EIC.
I own an EIC affected. Everyone involved did everything rght (prior to EIC testing) As far as I'm concerned it's just "stuff happens" and then we deal with it. EIC is just an example of stuff beyond our control.

We vote for our senators and when we vote for someone we expect them to represent their voters, not change their spots for reelection.

dnf777
08-11-2009, 10:19 AM

Chris

It is kinda like a bad wreck along the highway....as much as I don't want to, I can't help but keep looking! ;-)

luvalab
08-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Better for everyone that loves dogs that I'm commenting on Hillary's dancing than someone else's dog training... seriously.

Cody Covey
08-11-2009, 10:28 AM
You know Chris if you just do a drive by of the forum you would think that we all hated each other and wished we could send Jeff Henry and Roger far away, but really the debates are just that debates and i would dare to say that most people leave it at the door when they leave this part of the forum

K G
08-11-2009, 11:25 AM

Chris

As one of my FAVORITE sales trainers said to me once: "You gotta care...but not that much...."

Your terms of service/participation spell out how folks are supposed to play on RTF. Everyone is reponsible for their own "words." If we can't play "nice" (a relative term, indeed, but we all know what it means...;-)), we don't get to play here. Pretty good deal for all involved, really....and everyone you've given the boot to did something egregious to deserve it.

I'd bet you've booted as many, if not more, folks from the other threads (particularly the main one) than you have from here. Just sayin'.....:D

You're a good man Chris Atkinson regards, :p

kg

K G
08-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Sitting hear listening to Spector, What a jerk. He really thinks that I should give my hard earned money to a bunch of darn welfare slime. He is a total jerk. He wants single payer and admits that abortion should be paid for with my money. They just asked him why he defected and was told he is traitor. What a true statement. He was elected as a republican and defected and threw his voters under the bus.

He is the epitome of a turncoat.

His seat is where the Senate turnaround should begin in 2010. You folks in PA need to remember this....you're not getting what you voted for.

kg

road kill
08-11-2009, 01:16 PM
The beauty of this site that makes it far more civil than other political forums is that what brought us all here is LOVE!!

That's right, LOVE!!

We all LOVE our dogs.
There are people here with souls!!

stan b

BonMallari
08-11-2009, 01:58 PM
He is the epitome of a turncoat.

His seat is where the Senate turnaround should begin in 2010. You folks in PA need to remember this....you're not getting what you voted for.

kg

Spot On K.G. , but will the voters of PA. wake up or just put that X next to the Specter name and vote yet another incumbent back in office....

Think TERM LIMITS :D

Buzz
08-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Either Arlan Spector or Joe Sestak will be the next elected senator of Pa.

Uncle Bill
08-11-2009, 02:26 PM
This 'place' on RTF is very important. Those that cringe at arguing about this nations politics don't need to open this up. But those of us that find what is happening to this nation IS important enough to fight for, are thankful we have a location we can air our views.

Thank you Chris.

Plus, as stated by others, we DO have a FEW things in common...we are after all, a family. Even in small families, which RTF is NOT, there are differing views of any topic...you know...like opinions and that comparison.

Most posters here are quite thick-skinned. They should be...as well as passionate about their beliefs. We aren't so enamoured with politics that we will jump into the arena that ONLY slings mud at each other...they are NOT family.

Of course there are BBs just for that. I've attended, and been flayed by the best, but again, those are NOT family. I'm not interested in marching down the street carrying a placard that sez "Hooray for our side". THAT is what's childish.

I do, however, get concerned that so many of our 'family' bypass this 'place'. Makes me wonder if they have no opinion about what's happening, and they are just willing to go-along-to-get-along. Because they find it disgusting to argue politics on a Retriever Training Forum, do they attend othe locations to voice their views? Or are they uncomfortable discussing them at all?...like in, "It's nobody's business what I think!"

That is, of course, absolutely correct. Thus the Political Place is a good seperation for us that wish to discuss what we feel is important in the business of freedom, and how those freedoms are being encroached upon.

I am very grateful you have made this 'place' available, Chris.

UB

JDogger
08-11-2009, 08:13 PM
It seems as though this:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/Kliban%20cartoons/foragainst2.jpg

Has become more of this:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/Kliban%20cartoons/Foragainst.jpg

OK OK, Sorry for the size issue.

JD

dnf777
08-11-2009, 08:27 PM
That is so true! I can't wait to see the boxers shouting down the briefs at town halls!

road kill
08-11-2009, 08:40 PM

Or (and most likely) Toomey!!:D

SueLab
08-12-2009, 12:08 AM
The defining moment in Spector's town hall meeting was when he checked his watch while someone was asking him their question...it was like: "How much longer do I have to be here? Can't wait to get back to Washington where I'm in charge"

He was the ultimate politician, always agreeing or letting it slide right by ...

Gerry Clinchy
08-12-2009, 07:41 AM
roadkill

Or (and most likely) Toomey!!:grin:

From your mouth to God's ear :-)

Steve Peacock
08-12-2009, 07:58 AM
"Specter said he didn't think people opposed to various health care proposals have a right to disrupt public meetings on the issue."

Specter said this on the Today Show this morning. Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't this the United States of America where we the people are guaranteed the "Right to free speech" by the Constitution.

Obama and the Democrats that want to silence all the opposition scare the **** out of me. From history I know of another leader that wanted to silence all opposition - Hilter.

I'm telling you, they want our guns because they know another revolution is coming.

``If they don't let us vent our frustrations out, they will have a revolution,'' Mary Ann Fieser of Hillsboro, Mo., told McCaskill at her Missouri health care forum.

Scary

K G
08-12-2009, 09:49 AM

Buzz, are you a citizen/taxpayer/property owner in Pennsylvania? Just curious...

Or (and most likely) Toomey!!:D

roadkill

From your mouth to God's ear :-)

Well, there's ONE PA resident who disagrees with the Spector/Sestak prediction!;-)

The defining moment in Spector's town hall meeting was when he checked his watch while someone was asking him their question...it was like: "How much longer do I have to be here? Can't wait to get back to Washington where I'm in charge"

He was the ultimate politician, always agreeing or letting it slide right by ...

He was SOOOO out of his element. I normally don't enjoy watching someone squirm...this one was totally entertaining!

"Specter said he didn't think people opposed to various health care proposals have a right to disrupt public meetings on the issue."

Specter said this on the Today Show this morning. Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't this the United States of America where we the people are guaranteed the "Right to free speech" by the Constitution.

Obama and the Democrats that want to silence all the opposition scare the **** out of me. From history I know of another leader that wanted to silence all opposition - Hilter.

I'm telling you, they want our guns because they know another revolution is coming.

``If they don't let us vent our frustrations out, they will have a revolution,'' Mary Ann Fieser of Hillsboro, Mo., told McCaskill at her Missouri health care forum.

Scary

I particularly liked McCaskill's reaction to the question when she asked the crowd if they trusted her and they booed....she said "Well then I don't know what else to say...." or words to that effect.

Amazing how tongue-tied these shills get when they don't have the privilege of picking their audience like BHO did for his trip to New Hampshire....

No you can't regards,

kg

Buzz
08-12-2009, 10:43 AM

Scary

People showing up to meetings to shout people down that they disagree with is depriving them of their right to free speech. Pure and simple, Un-American.

Threatening revolution will cause a backlash.

road kill
08-12-2009, 10:45 AM
People showing up to meetings to shout people down that they disagree with is depriving them of their right to free speech. Pure and simple, Un-American.

Depending, of course, on your point of veiw and who is shouting what!!

Steve Peacock
08-12-2009, 11:38 AM

Free speech is free speech whether it is shouted or whispered. DON"T tell me expressing your opinion is un- American, unless the US Constitution has been recently changed.

Steve Amrein
08-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Here is a great little nugget. Its a video of a little girl asking Obama a question in one of the so called town hall meetings. Just a random question from the audience and no hired insurance guns or organized party politics.

Link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZuvQ-3uvY&feature=player_embedded

Her name is Julie Hall. Julia Hall's mother is Kathleen Hall...Massachusetts Women For Obama campaign (chairperson I think) and Inaugural Ball Attendee.

badbullgator
08-12-2009, 12:49 PM

Threatening revolution will cause a backlash.

I guess unless it is an anti war crowd or anti Bush crowd or ........ Guess it depends on who is shouting and who is being shouted at. Keep in mind these people doing the shouting are RWE's and have bibles and guns

dnf777
08-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Free speech is free speech whether it is shouted or whispered. DON"T tell me expressing your opinion is un- American, unless the US Constitution has been recently changed.

I remember here in Pittsburgh, a WWII veteran was arrested and detained (but not charged) for carrying an anti-Iraq war poster to a presidential speech with Mr. Bush. How's THAT for freedom of speech? There was a designated area for "protesters" out of camera range, and when he refused to be herded into this area, he was arrested. This isn't new.

Gerry Clinchy
08-12-2009, 01:28 PM
The local experience where I live is that there is a 9-12 Teaparty group, no "subsidies" that I can see. Just everyday people who feel strongly that we should contact our Congresspeople, go to town hall meetings, write letters to the editor, and demonstrate peacefully.

I think that there has always been talk of the "silent majority". Now those who have remained silent and trusting have realized that it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.

duk4me
08-12-2009, 01:37 PM

Chris

Quit scratching your head your hair will fall out. of course it was a smart thing us dumb ones like to read it.....now the comprehension part might be a problem. :)

SueLab
08-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Here is a great little nugget. Its a video of a little girl asking Obama a question in one of the so called town hall meetings. Just a random question from the audience and no hired insurance guns or organized party politics.

Link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZuvQ-3uvY&feature=player_embedded

Her name is Julie Hall. Julia Hall's mother is Kathleen Hall...Massachusetts Women For Obama campaign (chairperson I think) and Inaugural Ball Attendee.

The little girl was also a guest at the White House Easter egg hunt...

SueLab
08-12-2009, 04:32 PM
I heard a sound track of Nancy Pelosi today and her retoric has changed..."it is helpful to hear other opinions, it is democratic, it is healthy..."

She is the most dangerous politician in Washington. She has shown that will stop at nothing to pass her agenda...

Hew
08-12-2009, 05:42 PM

Hmmm....that's quite a philosophical shift for you. It wasn't that long ago when you were gung-ho on anti-war demonstrations and were downright offended at the notion that anyone could consider anti-war protests to be un-American:

This is the biggest crock of crap I've read in my life. The military serves civilian leadership. What you're saying is, if the public disagrees with what the civilian leadership has directed the military to do, they should just shut up and go away, for fear that they will offend the military. Well, I guess we should just burn the constitution and become a military dictatorship.
A tad fickle, aren't we?

road kill
08-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Yep, it all depends on whose OX is getting gored, don't it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/12/analysis-press-largely-ignored-incendiary-rhetoric-bush-protest/

Please read this, it will help with your perspective.

Buzz
08-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Hmmm....that's quite a philosophical shift for you. It wasn't that long ago when you were gung-ho on anti-war demonstrations and were downright offended at the notion that anyone could consider anti-war protests to be un-American:

A tad fickle, aren't we?

There is a difference in my mind between protesting, and going to disrupt a meeting and shout people down who are trying to talk and ask questions.

Hew
08-13-2009, 02:54 PM
There is a difference in my mind between protesting, and going to disrupt a meeting and shout people down who are trying to talk and ask questions.
Yeah, you're right...the anti-war protesters never disrupted or shouted people down, or interrupted Congressional hearings, or threw fake blood on people, or shut down streets/neighborhoods, or.... They're the good Americans.

And the folks that are invited to express their opinions at town hall meetings hosted by their Congressmen are Un-American when their opinons are not as polite, civil or agreeing as you'd like them to be.

But there is at least one difference between anti-war protests and impolite town hall meeting protests. In the former it was perfectly acceptable by folks like yourself and the media to equate Bush to Hitler or claim he's the biggest terrorist in the world, and in the later, it is unacceptable and racist to call Obama a facist or display a picture of him as the Joker.

Buzz
08-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Yeah, you're right...the anti-war protesters never disrupted or shouted people down, or interrupted Congressional hearings, or threw fake blood on people, or shut down streets/neighborhoods, or.... They're the good Americans.

And the folks that are invited to express their opinions at town hall meetings hosted by their Congressmen are Un-American when their opinons are not as polite, civil or agreeing as you'd like them to be.

But there is at least one difference between anti-war protests and impolite town hall meeting protests. In the former it was perfectly acceptable by folks like yourself and the media to equate Bush to Hitler or claim he's the biggest terrorist in the world, and in the later, it is unacceptable and racist to call Obama a facist or display a picture of him as the Joker.

The people you are talking about, I consider to be on the fringe. Whether the are on the right or the left.

Uncle Bill
08-15-2009, 10:48 AM
The people you are talking about, I consider to be on the fringe. Whether the are on the right or the left.

It's such a revelation to read your posts, Buzz. Do you realize how frequently you illustrate the well known phrase stated by Mr. Einstein? Have you forgotten?

The difference, he said, between idiocy and genius...is that genius has limitations.

UB