PDA

View Full Version : Notice how the names change...

SueLab
08-12-2009, 12:17 AM
I've noticed how names of policies change...

First, Illegal immigrants - nope, they are illegal aliens...they are not entering this country legally so they are not immigrants. They are criminals because they are breaking our immigration laws.

Then, there is no longer a War on Terror but for the life of me I can't remember the new politically correct verbage...

Now, just this week when it is realized that it won't fly...Instead of Obamacare/health care reform it is suddenly Health Insurance Reform...

Does the title really change the agenda for the voter? Are we really so easily mislead when verbage changes...???

subroc
08-12-2009, 04:26 AM
Historically, my favorite name change is the Department of War being changed to the Department or Defense.

Eric Johnson
08-12-2009, 06:16 AM
Prior to 1948, there was a Dept of the Navy and a Dept of War (Army). They created the Air Force (Dept of..) and rolled all three in the the Dept of Defense. Makes perfect sense to me.

Eric

Evan
08-12-2009, 06:22 AM

First, Illegal immigrants - nope, they are illegal aliens...they are not entering this country legally so they are not immigrants. They are criminals because they are breaking our immigration laws.But you're overlooking a favorite term of the Kool-aid-drinking apologists; "Undocumented workers". You know, just like a drug dealer is an undocumented pharmacist? :rolleyes:

And of course they're all "workers", right?

Politically correct regards,
Evan

subroc
08-12-2009, 06:27 AM
War...Defense

:D chuckling :D

The game is played on both sides of the football

dnf777
08-12-2009, 10:33 AM

First, Illegal immigrants - nope, they are illegal aliens...they are not entering this country legally so they are not immigrants. They are criminals because they are breaking our immigration laws.

Then, there is no longer a War on Terror but for the life of me I can't remember the new politically correct verbage...

Now, just this week when it is realized that it won't fly...Instead of Obamacare/health care reform it is suddenly Health Insurance Reform...

Does the title really change the agenda for the voter? Are we really so easily mislead when verbage changes...???

When I was in the army, Uncle Sam classified me as an "Obligate Volunteer"! How's that for an oxymoron? Only the gov't could come up with such a name.

SueLab
08-12-2009, 04:28 PM
You're right Evan, I forgot that one!

Hew
08-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Or in the Clinton Admin. when govt. spending and taxation were changed to "investments."

Uncle Bill
08-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Or in the Clinton Admin. when govt. spending and taxation were changed to "investments."

And a Hummer wasn't a vehicle in the military.:rolleyes:

UB

road kill
08-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Speaking of the Clinton Admin, didn't "NO" change meanings??

I mean there was more than 1 definition, right??

YardleyLabs
08-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Speaking of the Clinton Admin, didn't "NO" change meanings??

I mean there was more than 1 definition, right??
I think the word that Clinton had trouble with was "is" as in "It depends on what is is.":D

road kill
08-12-2009, 08:07 PM
I think the word that Clinton had trouble with was "is" as in "It depends on what is is.":D

Oh, thank you oh learned one.

I thought he looked America in the eye and said "I did NOt have sex with that woman!"

Maybe I made that up (or he did).

dnf777
08-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Oh, thank you oh learned one.

I thought he looked America in the eye and said "I did NOt have sex with that woman!"

Maybe I made that up (or he did).

Clinton's BJ didn't result in 4000 dead or $11 trillion in debt. Maybe Mr. Bush should have found a cheaper way to release his tension?:eek::eek::eek:

Julie R.
08-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Clinton's BJ didn't result in 4000 dead or $11 trillion in debt. Maybe Mr. Bush should have found a cheaper way to release his tension?:eek::eek::eek:

Give your boy time to catch up; he's racking up some pretty impressive numbers in Afghanistan and him only 6 mos. in office. Bush isn't president any more but, Obongo should catch up to his spending in 1/8th the time.

Planes for the People!!!!! They need them to better spend YOUR money. ;-)