PDA

View Full Version : Hunt Test on Memorial Weekend ?

Doc E
08-12-2009, 09:44 AM
We're starting to look at dates for our Spring HRC Test for 2010.
Memorial Day weekend looks good, but I'm wondering if people are doing too many "Memorial Day things" to attend a Test?

Would you attend a Test on Memorial Day Weekend?

Golddogs
08-12-2009, 10:03 AM
We're starting to look at dates for our Spring HRC Test for 2010.
Memorial Day weekend looks good, but I'm wondering if people are doing too many "Memorial Day things" to attend a Test?

Would you attend a Test on Memorial Day Weekend?

If it is a good event, dog folks will not care what weekend it is. In some cases, knowing you have a holiday off is a plus. One less vacation day to burn.

Virgil
08-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Personally, I am hoping the local tests don't run that weekend.
Reason is, I hope to make a few more this year, so if the local tests don't run that weekend, I will have extra time to hit one a bit further away with it being a long weekend.

So I guess I am hoping a neighboring state runs one that weekend, but no local clubs do.

Jeff Huntington
08-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Kansas City HRC has their test on Memorial Day weekend this past year and they appeared fairly full.

If you put in on (well)...they will come.

Frenchy
08-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Doc, I'm usually doing other Memorial Day weekend type stuff. Paddlefishing the Missouri has been the tradition the last couple of years. Wouldn't rule out a test that weekend, but it usually turns into a social weekend with all my other non-dog friends. I make time for dog events every other weekend, and use the holiday weekends to spend time with family and friends.

HarryWilliams
08-12-2009, 01:36 PM
That's the weekend that the Helena, Montana club has their NAHRA test. Don't know if that makes a difference or not. HPW

tshuntin
08-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Personally, I am hoping the local tests don't run that weekend.
Reason is, I hope to make a few more this year, so if the local tests don't run that weekend, I will have extra time to hit one a bit further away with it being a long weekend.

So I guess I am hoping a neighboring state runs one that weekend, but no local clubs do.

Virg, WHRC has always had their double header test on Memorial weekend. I do not ever see that changing. So the good news is you can stay close to home and run two tests over one weekend.

CR_FowlDawg
08-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Doc,

FYI...

You will also be competing with the Oregon Hunting Retriever Club Memorial Day Double Header AKC event that same weekend in Portland OR...

TroyFeeken
08-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Here in Fargo, ND at NDRC we have a double JH and double SH and usually see some decent numbers that weekend.

Fred Coleman
08-13-2009, 07:26 PM
OHRC does a AKC double header in PDX every year that weekend.

HiRollerlabs
08-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Entry Express would show you clubs that run on the holiday and you can see the entry numbers. Madison WI typically has a nice turnout as far as I know.