PDA

View Full Version : Feds using tax $ to sell obamacare

Bob Gutermuth
08-22-2009, 12:40 PM
I am outraged that my federal tax dollars are being used to sell this boondoggle!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/22/white-house-reveals-identity-firm-sent-unsolicited-e-mails-health-reform/

Roger Perry
08-22-2009, 12:54 PM
I am outraged that my federal tax dollars are being used to sell this boondoggle!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/22/white-house-reveals-identity-firm-sent-unsolicited-e-mails-health-reform/

Fortunately, my pension is only supporting me and mine, I don't get enough to pay much in tax money for the govt to waste.

You can't be too outraged if you are not paying much in taxes. :rolleyes:

Bob Gutermuth
08-22-2009, 01:21 PM
If I only pay a cent per annum in taxes I do not want it wasted on things like advertizing osamacare.

luvmylabs23139
08-22-2009, 01:30 PM
When I heard about it this morning I was furious.

YardleyLabs
08-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Are your objections to the way email was being used (something I would understand) or to the use of public funds to promote the President's communications in support of his legislative agenda? If the latter, can I assume you were equally outraged by the use of public funds to promote the 2001 and 2002 tax cuts and the Iraq war? Or do you save your outrage for a President you detest?;-) A President that will not work actively to promote his legislative agenda doesn't deserve to be President. Virtually all the publicity costs of the campaigns opposing and supporting health insurance reform are from private sources. However, public funds are also being used by the White House and Republican and Democratic legislators to support and oppose the changes.

M&K's Retrievers
08-23-2009, 12:24 AM
Are your objections to the way email was being used (something I would understand) or to the use of public funds to promote the President's communications in support of his legislative agenda? If the latter, can I assume you were equally outraged by the use of public funds to promote the 2001 and 2002 tax cuts and the Iraq war? Or do you save your outrage for a President you detest?;-) A President that will not work actively to promote his legislative agenda doesn't deserve to be President. Virtually all the publicity costs of the campaigns opposing and supporting health insurance reform are from private sources. However, public funds are also being used by the White House and Republican and Democratic legislators to support and oppose the changes.

AAH. the voice of reason....

Franco
08-24-2009, 09:56 PM
My problem with it is that there is no tax money left to spend!

It is being paid for with borrowed money from foreign countries and newly printed dollars.

The current administration is making a bad situation much worse!