PDA

View Full Version : Final numbers on Cash for Clunkers....GDG

Ken Guthrie
08-27-2009, 07:18 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iZoB_s-ZQeGF169daIEwmk5u2NdgD9AAM7A04

1. Toyota Corolla
2. Honda Civic
3. Toyota Camry
4. Ford Focus front-wheel drive
5. Hyundai Elantra
6. Nissan Versa
7. Toyota Prius
8. Honda Accord
9. Honda Fit
10. Ford Escape front-wheel drive

So did this really help the US produced car industry?

K G
08-27-2009, 07:22 PM
It was designed to cut exhaust emissions. That it would help import automakers was a foregone conclusion.

Kg

Ken Guthrie
08-27-2009, 07:26 PM
It was designed to cut exhaust emissions. That it would help import automakers was a foregone conclusion.

Kg

Understood.

Would it been more cost effective if our government gave a coupon for new exhaust systems from a dealership of your choice?

Franco
08-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Would it been more cost effective if our government gave a coupon for new exhaust systems from a dealership of your choice?

Please Ken, that makes too much sense and our government will have none of that!

Anyone notice that there were no autos built by Gooberment Motors on that list?

Fire N Ice
08-27-2009, 07:55 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iZoB_s-ZQeGF169daIEwmk5u2NdgD9AAM7A04

1. Toyota Corolla
2. Honda Civic
3. Toyota Camry
4. Ford Focus front-wheel drive
5. Hyundai Elantra
6. Nissan Versa
7. Toyota Prius
8. Honda Accord
9. Honda Fit
10. Ford Escape front-wheel drive

So did this really help the US produced car industry?

Ken in doing a little quick google search on Toyota and Honda some statistics should be noted. In a article announcing a Honda plant in Nov of 07 in Reuters it stated that Toyota, Honda, and Nissan together employed 113,000 employees in the US, almost half of the 239,000 the big three do. I also saw in an article announcing a 2.1 billion dollar Toyota plant in in Miss. that 86% of all Toyota's sold in the US were manufactured in the 6 US plants they have. Times have changed Toyota, Honda, and Nissan obviously contribute jobs and reliable efficient vehicles produced right here in the US. As a footnote I drive a Chevy always have always will, but that's because I like their trucks best.

Ken Guthrie
08-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Ken in doing a little quick google search on Toyota and Honda some statistics should be noted. In a article announcing a Honda plant in Nov of 07 in Reuters it stated that Toyota, Honda, and Nissan together employed 113,000 employees in the US, almost half of the 239,000 the big three do. I also saw in an article announcing a 2.1 billion dollar Toyota plant in in Miss. that 86% of all Toyota's sold in the US were manufactured in the 6 US plants they have. Times have changed Toyota, Honda, and Nissan obviously contribute jobs and reliable efficient vehicles produced right here in the US. As a footnote I drive a Chevy always have always will, but that's because I like their trucks best.

Good info. Thanks.

BonMallari
08-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Glad I didnt turn in my clunker 96 Suburban, I dont think any of those ten car models would have worked for a field trial vehicle

WaterDogRem
08-28-2009, 12:39 PM
It would be very interesting to track how many of these vehicles sold with Cash for Clunkers become Repos.