PDA

View Full Version : President Obama’s Address to Students Across America September 8, 2009

Paul Kartes
09-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Got this from a school teacher.

How many of you parents and grandparents reading this are aware of the fact that on September 8, 2009 our imperial President Obama will be addressing every Kindergarten through 12th grade classroom in this nation through an internet feed? The speech is ostensibly to be focused on education. The following website contains guidelines for teachers to follow before, during and after this speech from the U.S. Department of Education:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/10582301/President-Obama%E2%80%99s-Address-to-Students-Across-America-September-8-2009.

Everyone with a child attending public schools should read these guidelines.
If the President has something to say to the children of this country it should be said on television with their parents present, not in a classroom out of sight and sound of parents.

I can hear you Democrats whining about how unfair this letter is to Obama. Well then answer me this: What if President Bush, better yet, Vice President Cheney wanted to speak to every public school student in the nation without parents approval? Gee, do ya think you’d sit back and do nothing about that? I think not. Not being a hypocrite Democrat I would also be alarmed if it was a Republican President attempting this covert speech.
Andy

TXduckdog
09-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Andy...welcome to the discussion. Check out the Florida GOP thread.....it's about this very topic.

Paul Kartes
09-02-2009, 06:05 PM
sorry missed it.

cotts135
09-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Got this from a school teacher.

How many of you parents and grandparents reading this are aware of the fact that on September 8, 2009 our imperial President Obama will be addressing every Kindergarten through 12th grade classroom in this nation through an internet feed? The speech is ostensibly to be focused on education. The following website contains guidelines for teachers to follow before, during and after this speech from the U.S. Department of Education:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/10582301/President-Obama%E2%80%99s-Address-to-Students-Across-America-September-8-2009.

Everyone with a child attending public schools should read these guidelines.
If the President has something to say to the children of this country it should be said on television with their parents present, not in a classroom out of sight and sound of parents.

I can hear you Democrats whining about how unfair this letter is to Obama. Well then answer me this: What if President Bush, better yet, Vice President Cheney wanted to speak to every public school student in the nation without parents approval? Gee, do ya think you’d sit back and do nothing about that? I think not. Not being a hypocrite Democrat I would also be alarmed if it was a Republican President attempting this covert speech.
Andy

Newsflash........................ Kids everyday throughout the country are getting internet feeds from Astronauts to leading business leaders. Nothing new here except the person. Maybe he might talk about the importance of a good education and how to tell the difference between BS and fact. Come to think of it, if that is the subject, then there needs to be a lot of parents attending.

Buzz
09-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Bush talking to students wouldn't bother me.

Cheney, maybe...

Pete
09-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Dudes

It part of his marketing plan.the guy is a walking talking billboard.

Its more sickening than watching Bob Dole run for president. No harm or fowl on Bob .All he did was keep repeating his name

Obamas method promotes indoctrination.
Just a simple observation

Pete

Bob Gutermuth
09-03-2009, 09:24 AM
The last time someone tried indoctrinating youth it resulted in a group called the Hitler Jugend.

If my kids were in school, this is one day they would play hooky with my blessing.