PDA

View Full Version : Bark Limiter Issues?

FOM
09-03-2009, 09:56 AM
I just got 2 new bark limiters, I have 2 which are about 3-4 years old and have worked just fine. I bought new ones so I could keep a couple on the truck and a couple at home.

One collar seems to be functioning correctly while the other seems to be over sensitive. For example the dog shakes his head rapidly it goes off, which of course sets off a chain reaction and the poor knucklehead gets a unprovoked correction.

Anyone else seeing an issue with this?

Lainee

Howard N
09-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Anyone else seeing an issue with this?

Yeah, I've got one that goes off when the dog swallows. It's gone off in the field when she's breathing hard too. I only use it in the truck to keep the pup from making noise when I'm working another dog. The new one doesn't seem as good as the circa 1994 TT bark collar I used to have.

FOM
09-03-2009, 04:10 PM
One on the newer ones seems to work good, while the other does not.

It could be this dog because he got a correction using a Dogtra collar, too that I had borrowed...this dog is jinxed I think....poor fellow!

JusticeDog
09-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Poor Ranger... :(:(

Brad B
09-04-2009, 12:01 AM
I have one that I bought last fall and it has gone off when he shakes his head and a few times when I've been buckleing it on. I just try to be more careful not to jerk it when putting it on. Plus he doesn't have to wear it as often now.

Thomas D
09-04-2009, 07:19 AM
What does TT say? They will replace won't they?

The Snows
09-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Haven't had that problem with the units we have (one purchased within the last 12 months). What I do have problems with on one unit is the on / off button. It is difficult to use as you seem to have to depress the button waaaaay down into the unit to turn either on or off (currently using the corner of the buckle to depress button deep enough).