PDA

View Full Version : Be afraid, very afraid!!

road kill
09-04-2009, 09:23 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/sep/04/curl-biden-fills-vacationing-obamas-void/

ducknwork
09-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Meanwhile, Mr. Obama has hosted a private White House dinner to celebrate Ramadan, a Muslim religious holiday (during which adherents are supposed to fast),

This struck me funny.

The rest made me want to vomit.
________
Toyota, aichi specifications (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota,_Aichi)

road kill
09-04-2009, 11:09 AM
This struck me funny.

The rest made me want to vomit.

What surprises you?

It's what he does, it's who he is!!

Did he visit with any Christian leaders on National Day of Prayer??
http://www.ndptf.org/about/index.cfm

Too radical??

OH, BTW---Where are all the separate Church & State people??

You secular progressives' hypocrisy knows no bonds!!

Just asking...........:D

ducknwork
09-04-2009, 11:17 AM
No, it was funny because he had a dinner for a holiday when you are supposed to fast...

SOOO....

back off a little, bud...

BTW, can I have my head back? I think you mistakenly bit it off.
________
Chevrolet chevelle specifications (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Chevrolet_Chevelle)

YardleyLabs
09-04-2009, 11:22 AM
No, it was funny because he had a dinner for a holiday when you are supposed to fast...

SOOO....

During Ramadan you fast during the daytime and feast at night.

road kill
09-04-2009, 11:25 AM

SOOO....

No, No, I am with you.
I am tired of the secular progressives on this board typing multiple paragraphs telling us what Obama really means.

We know what he means, we are not stupid.
We know the truth, it is not held by 1 person.

Truth is that this is an assault on the American way of life.
It is incredibly BRAZEN and few are standing up to it yet.

I am sorry if you thought I was coming at you, I think we are probably on the same page, as most Americans are.

We do not need vast wholesale change.

As far as Obama talking to the kids in school??
Maybe he should show them the "Constitution of the United Staes of America."

Peace Brotha!!

stan b

YardleyLabs
09-04-2009, 11:27 AM
What surprises you?

It's what he does, it's who he is!!

Did he visit with any Christian leaders on National Day of Prayer??
http://www.ndptf.org/about/index.cfm

Too radical??

OH, BTW---Where are all the separate Church & State people??

You secular progressives' hypocrisy knows no bonds!!

Just asking...........:D

I believe in complete separation of Church and State but have no problem at all with Presidents hosting prayer breakfasts, lighting Christmas trees or Menorahs, or hosting dinners for Ramadan or Passover. We are a country where people generally are religious to some extent, even if I am not, and where our Presidents have generally been religious. Why shouldn't our Presidents be able to celebrate his own religion and honor the religions of others?

road kill
09-04-2009, 11:30 AM
I believe in complete separation of Church and State but have no problem at all with Presidents hosting prayer breakfasts, lighting Christmas trees or Menorahs, or hosting dinners for Ramadan or Passover. We are a country where people generally are religious to some extent, even if I am not, and where our Presidents have generally been religious. Why shouldn't our Presidents be able to celebrate his own religion and honor the religions of others?

Because he chose one over the other!!

See, if you read the whole post & link, you will note he snubbed the "National Day of Prayer" people, but visited with the "Ramadan" people.

Surely you can see the hypocrisy here......or maybe not.

BTW---I know you are smart enough to knw what the seperation of Church & state really means anyway.
It's to keep Govt out of the Church, not the Church out of Govt.

YardleyLabs
09-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Because he chose one over the other!!

See, if you read the whole post & link, you will note he snubbed the "National Day of Prayer" people, but visited with the "Ramadan" people.

Surely you can see the hypocrisy here......or maybe not.

BTW---I know you are smart enough to knw what the seperation of Church & state really means anyway.
The National Day of Prayer is a political event, nto a religious holiday. Ramadan is a holiday on par with Passover or Christmas in importance to believers. You are right, there is no comparison.
Separation of church means that the trappings of government should not be used in support of religion. I have no problem with any member of government adhering to any religion or no religion. However, I have serious issues with a member of government using their governmental office in furtherance of religion.

Terry Britton
09-04-2009, 02:17 PM
The National Day of Prayer is a political event, nto a religious holiday. Ramadan is a holiday on par with Passover or Christmas in importance to believers. You are right, there is no comparison.
Separation of church means that the trappings of government should not be used in support of religion. I have no problem with any member of government adhering to any religion or no religion. However, I have serious issues with a member of government using their governmental office in furtherance of religion.

Wow. We agree. Then Obama shouldn't further the religion of Obama in the schools this coming Tuesday.

YardleyLabs
09-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Wow. We agree. Then Obama shouldn't further the religion of Obama in the schools this coming Tuesday.
Worse yet, he might be preaching in favor of personal responsibility, hard work, and perseverance. Children could be warped for life. Maybe we could start a new tradition where every President will do this at the beginning of every school year. We might create a monstrous generation of kids who are fanatically committed to getting a good education. Oh the horror....

Hoosier
09-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Worse yet, he might be preaching in favor of personal responsibility, hard work, and perseverance. Children could be warped for life. Maybe we could start a new tradition where every President will do this at the beginning of every school year. We might create a monstrous generation of kids who are fanatically committed to getting a good education. Oh the horror....

Or brown shirts blindly following Dear Leader...

Cody Covey
09-04-2009, 02:42 PM
I say if he sticks to what he says he is going to talk about then who cares that he is giving a speech it is a good message. Although the trouble i have is that politicians seem to have a hard time not politicizing things so i have a hard time believe that the man who has been on a constant campaign will JUST give a speech about doing well in school. As of right now though I'll hold judgement.

gman0046
09-04-2009, 03:20 PM
During the Presidential Campaign Osama said he was a Christian. Isn't Ramadan A Muslim religious holiday? WTF?

YardleyLabs
09-04-2009, 03:44 PM
During the Presidential Campaign Osama said he was a Christian. Isn't Ramadan A Muslim religious holiday? WTF?
Maybe you don't realize that George Bush was the person who started the tradition of Ramadan dinners in the White House. See http://www.usnews.com/blogs/god-and-country/2009/09/01/the-mind-behind-obamas-ramadan-dinner-george-w-bush.html

Roger Perry
09-04-2009, 04:29 PM
I guess listining to Limbaugh and Beck have a great influence on the far right here. Don't you people have a mind of your own? Do you really need right wing wackos to tell you what to believe?

Terry Britton
09-04-2009, 05:17 PM

Nah, or the homework wouldn't be so focused on doing stuff for Obama. It is up to the community, parents, teachers, and local leaders to teach personal responsibility, hard work, and perserverance. I don't want a politician talking to my kids outside of my supervision. I don't want the religion of Obama preached in public schools.

As far as the community getting involved, I am involved in a project along with other great alumni including hall of fame baseball players to get young kids re-motivated in the proven winning ways of my hometown after several years of sliding.

I want to see the speech first removing anything with an "Obama" religious agenda on it. I would also like all references to the President or Obama removed from the homework assignments, and replaced with the words "school", "community", and/or "country". Third, it would reach many more kids if they would use Hannah Montana, Demi Lovato, Jonas Brothers, iCarly, along with a few sports stars.

Possibly a good idea, but it has "CULT", "AGENDA" and "Nazi Germany" written all over it, especially how it was being sneaked in.

BTW, NO, I don't watch FOX News, nor do I listen to talk radio.

dnf777
09-04-2009, 05:28 PM

So sayeth the supreme court of RoadKill??

come on, we don't need fancy restatements...the Constitution says it clearly....

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

MAKE NO LAW

It doesn't say it can't put "in God we trust" on coins. That is not making a law. By tendering coinage in a transaction does not mandate one to "trust in God". I see no problem with that. If Bush or Obama wants to put a Christmas tree in the whitehouse lawn....no problem. If Obama does not want to recognize "prayer day"...no problem. These are all NON mandates, and are not in dutch with the Constitution. I was raised Catholic and we never had a "national day of prayer"...we prayed every day. Why should I feel compelled to participate in something because a preacher from another denomination with political clout got a presidential declaration??

This is really a non-issue.

code3retrievers
09-04-2009, 06:47 PM
I guess listining to Limbaugh and Beck have a great influence on the far right here. Don't you people have a mind of your own? Do you really need right wing wackos to tell you what to believe?

It's interesting. The left is always attacking conservatives because of the entertainment they listen to. I do not know of one person that basis their politics on any one of those people. I listen to them but I also listen to the other left wing entertainers also.

Why is it that the left does not have a viable alternative to conservative talk radio? Air America is a waste land and the few that have made it thus far are nuttier and nastier than Rush or Beck (i.e. Randy Rhodes / Ed Shultz) Heck the left even elected one of its own nut jobs. (Al Franken) Now that's funny!

road kill
09-04-2009, 07:24 PM
So sayeth the supreme court of RoadKill??

come on, we don't need fancy restatements...the Constitution says it clearly....

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

MAKE NO LAW

It doesn't say it can't put "in God we trust" on coins. That is not making a law. By tendering coinage in a transaction does not mandate one to "trust in God". I see no problem with that. If Bush or Obama wants to put a Christmas tree in the whitehouse lawn....no problem. If Obama does not want to recognize "prayer day"...no problem. These are all NON mandates, and are not in dutch with the Constitution. I was raised Catholic and we never had a "national day of prayer"...we prayed every day. Why should I feel compelled to participate in something because a preacher from another denomination with political clout got a presidential declaration??

This is really a non-issue.

Happy Ramadan!!:D

zeus3925
09-04-2009, 08:06 PM
The Washington Times, founded by Rev. Sun Myung Moon, belongs in the recycle basket along with the National Enquirer. Better give up reading it less someone decides you are a "Moonie".

Roger Perry
09-05-2009, 08:25 AM
It's interesting. The left is always attacking conservatives because of the entertainment they listen to. I do not know of one person that basis their politics on any one of those people. I listen to them but I also listen to the other left wing entertainers also.

Why is it that the left does not have a viable alternative to conservative talk radio? Air America is a waste land and the few that have made it thus far are nuttier and nastier than Rush or Beck (i.e. Randy Rhodes / Ed Shultz) Heck the left even elected one of its own nut jobs. (Al Franken) Now that's funny!

If you listen so much, name one time where Limbaugh, Beck or any of the rest of the far right have said anything positive about the democratic party. Or, for that matter can you name one time that the far right has said anything negative about the way the republicans have run the country.

The same holds true for the liberal radio personalities.

I choose not to listen to either the far right or left political stations because they have their own agenda and it is always negative about the other party.

road kill
09-05-2009, 08:33 AM
If you listen so much, name one time where Limbaugh, Beck or any of the rest of the far right have said anything positive about the democratic party. Or, for that matter can you name one time that the far right has said anything negative about the way the republicans have run the country.

I choose not to listen to either the far right or left political stations because they have their own agenda and it is always negative about the other party.

I think I'll start listening to Bill Maher, Michael Moore, Dan Rather and Al Franken more.
They seem fair and unbiased!!

Thanks RP!!:D

Roger Perry
09-05-2009, 10:12 AM
I think I'll start listening to Bill Maher, Michael Moore, Dan Rather and Al Franken more.
They seem fair and unbiased!!

Thanks RP!!:D

The choice of whom you wish to listen to is your own.

I just do not like listening to people who parrot the likes of Limbaugh and Beck and the religious right and believing their way thinking is the only way.

road kill
09-05-2009, 11:20 AM
The choice of whom you wish to listen to is your own.

I just do not like listening to people who parrot the likes of Limbaugh and Beck and the religious right and believing their way thinking is the only way.
You prefer the secular progressive left and beleive their way is the only way.

Fair enough.

stan b

Bob Gutermuth
09-05-2009, 12:56 PM
I'll stick with Glen Beck, Rush, Sean Hannity, and Bill O'rielly in preference to those on the government controlled media, like PMSNBC. I would be as well off listening to Radio Havana as the koolaid korps on PMSNBC or NBC or NPR

Roger Perry
09-05-2009, 01:01 PM
I'll stick with Glen Beck, Rush, Sean Hannity, and Bill O'rielly in preference to those on the government controlled media, like PMSNBC. I would be as well off listening to Radio Havana as the koolaid korps on PMSNBC or NBC or NPR

I would have bet my life on that.

Personally I prefer the unbiased National Public Radio for my news and political information

Bob Gutermuth
09-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Thats the best joke I've heard all week, NPR is about as unbiased as Barney Frank.

Roger Perry
09-05-2009, 01:42 PM
I'll stick with Glen Beck, Rush, Sean Hannity, and Bill O'rielly

Those that you listed are a complete joke. I would not waste 5 seconds listening to any of them. If you want to be a limbaugh bobble head more power to you.

BonMallari
09-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Personally I prefer listening to Laura Ingraham or Michael Savage on the radio, I have satellite radio in the truck so I can listen to Beck

K G
09-05-2009, 02:48 PM

While I can honestly say I don't listen to either of them, I don't quote Wikipedia as a credible resource, either....;-)

kg

tpaschal30
09-06-2009, 03:40 PM
When has NPR ever shown prolife and progun folks in a good light?

TXduckdog
09-07-2009, 05:31 PM

Roger.....both of them and Hannity and O'Reilly were willing to give Obama the benefit of the doubt when he was first elected and stated so. All of them were supportive of the idea of the first black president and stated so. They all think there are a few good ideas in the reform bills and have stated so.

But they all are are cynical and distrustful of the Dems and the Left because they know and understand them so well and the Dems have given them more than enough reason to be cynical. Like ramming through massive legislation without ever reading it.

But they all are

Bob Gutermuth
09-07-2009, 07:47 PM
They have all said that they are POSITIVE the democrat party is ruining the country.

dnf777
09-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Roger.....both of them and Hannity and O'Reilly were willing to give Obama the benefit of the doubt when he was first elected and stated so.

And Clinton stated that he "never had sex with that woman...":eek:

BonMallari
09-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Even though they will NEVER admit it Rush Limbaugh's popularity exploded during the Clinton administration. the current administration will keep guys like Limbaugh, Hannity,and Beck alive and full of fodder..they thrive on controversy, thats why to me you have to take them in very small portions,because they all share the same talking points

Conversely the Randi Rhodes, Garafalo, Al Franken types thrived during the Bush yrs because they had their boogey man with a face to pin on it..

The trick is not to be entirely consumed by either side and make up your own minds, but the media is a powerful force in today's culture and their influence reaches far and deep into the American psyche..there are way too many on both sides of the aisle that cant think for themselves and makes this country ripe for being controlled by whoever has the slickest marketing campaign and packages their candidate like a new laundry soap that you absolutely cant live without...scary but true..