PDA

View Full Version : GDG How are your schools handling this? GDG

short retired
09-04-2009, 12:19 PM
As I am sure you have heard by now, there is a "speech" for our kids to watch in school on Tues. In my area there are some very unhappy parents that thought it was a bit sleezy to not even ask for the parents input on the matter and make the kids watch it without them. My kid's school is leaving it up to the individual teacher on if they will show it or not. I have not heard back from the teachers as to if they are showing it or not. Just curious on how other school districts nation wide are handling it.

jimmyp
09-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Maybe I'm slow.... But what speach?

Jim Danis
09-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Thank God my kids go to a private school!! I don't have to worry one bit about them being forced to watch this trivial BS indoctrination.

road kill
09-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Maybe "the Obama" could show them the "Constitution."

short retired
09-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Maybe I'm slow.... But what speach?

Obama has a "back to school" speech planned for our kids on tues. This was never discussed with parents he just told the Dept of Education or should I say "urged" them to air it at 12 on tues. It even comes with lesson planes since our teachers are not smart enough to create something educational that goes with it. I am not going to go on about how I truly feel about it, but I think is a way to get to the kids without the parents blocking them. He could have aired it in the evening so you could sit and discuss it with them, but all the schools were blindsided with it. There still has been no "official" word from my school board about it. I just know its coming. If my kids teachers call back and say they are showing it, my kids get a 4 day weekend...maybe we will go dove hunting that afternoon while its still legal.

1st retriever
09-04-2009, 01:29 PM
I imagine many kids will be "sick" that day!

dnf777
09-04-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm concerned about the increase in contrails ever since Obama got into office. And my water tastes a little different. I think he's trying to contaminate our precious bodily fluids!!

Franco
09-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Because of the concers of "what else" will be in the speech, our private schools will not show the broadcast. Our public schools are still debating the issue.

I would think because of all exposure this issue has received that Obama will keep the speech stricky on getting a good education and he will delete any other topics he may have wanted to indoctrinate young children to.

Hoosier
09-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Because of the concers of "what else" will be in the speech, our private schools will not show the broadcast. Our public schools are still debating the issue.

I would think because of all exposure this issue has received that Obama will keep the speech stricky on getting a good education and he will delete any other topics he may have wanted to indoctrinate young children to.

For now. I'm sure this little fireside chat is just the start of it. He will probably keep on until most people just lose interest, and no longer make a big deal over it. Let's see if the speech has anything in it that indicates it could be a continuing thing.

Last Frontier Labs
09-04-2009, 06:08 PM
The public school where I work will be on the "Obama Schedule" next Tuesday. The whole day's schedule adjusted to the President's speech and follow up activities. Lot of Dems in the faculty.
My children attend the catholic school and so far, not a word has been mentioned about watching Obama on Tuesday. They don't need the President telling them to stay in school and study hard. They hear it daily from their parents.

Terry Britton
09-04-2009, 06:20 PM
The public school where I work will be on the "Obama Schedule" next Tuesday. The whole day's schedule adjusted to the President's speech and follow up activities. Lot of Dems in the faculty.
My children attend the catholic school and so far, not a word has been mentioned about watching Obama on Tuesday. They don't need the President telling them to stay in school and study hard. They hear it daily from their parents.

I haven't heard from my Kid's school, but since they score a perfect 1500 on their annual assessment, they don't need the Obama cult creation either.

wheelhorse
09-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Both Reagan and the first Bush gave speeches that were broadcast to public schools.