PDA

View Full Version : I am disgusted

ducknwork
09-16-2009, 06:47 AM
With Jimmy Carter. There was nothing racist about Joe Wilson's outburst, yet he feels like Carter needs to accuse Wilson of it. I am sick of people being labeled as racist if they disagree with Obama. Carter's comment were 100 times more ignorant and disrespectful than Wilson's.
________
UGGS (http://uggstoreshop.com/)

subroc
09-16-2009, 06:56 AM
The new America. Disagree with a obama or his policies and if you are from the opposition party you are a racist.

The left has been drawing and firing that racist label for years. Look what they did to Sam Alito during his confirmation hearings.

For some of us, it is starting to lose its luster. I think honest thinking Americans are starting to see the dishonesty in the label. Far left wingers like Carter still try and use it though.

Franco
09-16-2009, 07:56 AM
Reverse discrimination is alive a well.:mad:

K G
09-16-2009, 08:30 AM
With Jimmy Carter. There was nothing racist about Joe Wilson's outburst, yet he feels like Carter needs to accuse Wilson of it. I am sick of people being labeled as racist if they disagree with Obama. Carter's comment were 100 times more ignorant and disrespectful than Wilson's.

The new America. Disagree with a obama or his policies and if you are from the opposition party you are a racist.

The left has been drawing and firing that racist label for years. Look what they did to Sam Alito during his confirmation hearings.

For some of us, it is starting to lose its luster. I think honest thinking Americans are starting to see the dishonesty in the label. Far left wingers like Carter still try and use it though.

He's trying to be relevant, since he failed so miserably to be relevant during his thank-God-it-was-short Presidency....

Go home to Plains, Jimmy....your time is past.

kg

txbadger
09-16-2009, 08:45 AM
While Wilson's free speech was ill-chosen in that venue, the issue of illegals seem to be real. There is no way to deny access to illegals.

Interestin the msm headlines Carter's opinon while avoiding ACORN's fraud, think there's an agenda?

Goose
09-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Carter is nothing more than a bitter old man. Forget him. The left roll him out like some elder statesman when things get tough and they need a quote or two to help calm the masses. Screaming "racism" doesn't work anymore and neither does Jimma Carter.

Nobody cares about the color of Dear Leader's skin. What we do care about and what the country is beginning to appreciate is just how awful this man is. History will remember him as the first President we've had who hates America with a passion and pisses on the Constitution every chance he gets. He can do a lot of damage in four years and will. Our nightmare is just beginning.

Ideas matter which is why the democrats don't. Rather than debate issues with concerned Americans who oppose your ideas and tactics it's much easier to label them racist. Thugs like Jesse Jackson made a career (and a fortune) with this tactic.

And the most ironic thing out of this entire race mess is the fact that the democrat party is the worst enemy the African American people have and they don't even realize it. The truth of the matter is this party doesn't give a damn about the problems of these people. All the democrats want is the black man's vote so they can stay in power. Shouting racism and remembering slavery are two tactics democrats will continue forever. 500 years from now we'll still be reminded of the horrors of slavery and racism...tactics that should make everybody sick.

Pete
09-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Racism is on a dramatic increase. Our youth both black and white have been and are being indoctronated into thinking white people are bad. White people automatically see color,,white people this and white people that.
we have fools on daytime tv as hosts who are so sure of themselves propagating foolishness. Our polititions do the same,, and the media floods the airwaves with it.

There is nothing left to think good about white people,,as a matter of fact I hate them evil honkey cracker bass turds.

Pete

Bob Gutermuth
09-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Carter is irrelevant, has been since he got elected. Color Jimmy Carter a jerk.

TXduckdog
09-16-2009, 10:47 AM

Jimmy Carter!!! Isn't he dead yet?

For that matter how bout a little disgust for the House of Reps for their inane slap on the hand of Joe Wilson. That beetch is, and I quote the president...."just a jackass".

Bob Gutermuth
09-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Carter has a new book out. I saw a bit on the news the other nite that Bin Ladin has endorsed it. That ought to be the kiss of death as far as the best seller list is concerned.

ducknwork
09-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Jimmy Carter!!! Isn't he dead yet?

For that matter how bout a little disgust for the House of Reps for their inane slap on the hand of Joe Wilson. That beetch is, and I quote the president...."just a jackass".

If Wilson apologized to Obama (which he did) and they settled it like men, (which they did) then it is no business of the HOR to call for an apology and put him in timeout for the incident.
________
Uggs (http://uggstoreshop.com/)

dnf777
09-16-2009, 12:11 PM
I have to agree. Mr. Carter should have kept this highly inflammatory opinion to himself. Sure, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when you have such a large forum, as any ex-president does, you really should be more careful. I think Americans in large tend to forgive former presidents of their errors, and hold them in relatively high esteem. This respect carries with it the responsibility to understand that many will regard your words as more than mere opinion, and can really fan flames, as I believe this did.

Maybe he does have racist beliefs, maybe he doesn't. Trying to prove what is in one's heart or soul is impossible, except through one's overt acts, and nothing I've seen has convinced me those were racially motivated words.
Disrespectful of not only Mr. Obama, but the House and America, yes. I do feel it would be in HIS best interests to utter an apology to the House and move on. Democrats have apologized in the well, and republicans shoudn't be excused from proper decorum either. :2c:

ALPHA-OMEGA
09-16-2009, 02:39 PM
This is a letter my wife composed a couple weeks ago and sent last week. I added my comments and will post right... OOPs, after this posting. We have some pretty strong language here but how else should we have said it and have it come across the way it needs to be read?

open letter to President Obama‏
Sent: Mon 9/07/09 8:52 AM
To: comments@whitehouse.gov;

(The OMEGA) added here

My dear Mr. President:

President Obama, you have the chance to be a great President if you remember you were not elected by a majority of whites or a majority of Republicans. You were elected by the majority of Americans, who represent all political parties, all religions, all races, all economic levels and all educational levels. We are awaiting your leadership in the direction you promised to lead. Leave the minority to fight its own demons. The minority does not support you but it will benefit from your leadership.

I will say what the majority of Americans are too politically correct to say. The minority is unhappy with its new political status. It fears harvest day, the day it will reap what it sowed; hate, bigotry, intolerance, inequality, injustice, oppression, and racism. The minority is engaging in the politics of resentment and it is using its fear of retribution and reparation to fuel the fire.

The minority uses "dog whistle politics" (1) to inflame the "rabble" (2) and it treats you as a foreigner who broke into the White House. The minority is well organized and has its own Political Party .

Its Party understands the fear and hate the minority feels and uses that fear and hatred to push its agenda. It understands and repeats the minority's dog whistle politics. It defends and participates in the minority's struggle to usurp the power of your Presidency. It defends and participates in the minority's treasonous language and threats against you, America, and the Constitution. The Party of the Minority does not need the Hispanic vote, the Black vote, the Native American vote, the Asian vote, or any Off White vote. It needs to scare enough white people, so they flee for safety in the strong arms of the Party that will protect them from citizens of color. Fear, hate, and misdirection is the way this Party wins elections.

The Party of the Minority, the "Republicans gave up winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically, from racial polarization." (2004 Ken Mehlman, RNC Chairman) "The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe Whites will quit the Democrats and become Republican." ( 1970 Kevin Phillips, Republican Strategist)

The once great Republican Party has reached its final destination and is now the Party for "Negrophobe Whites" that " tries to benefit politically from racial polarization". The Republican Party reaped what it sowed before the first vote was cast in this Presidential election. Real Americans" (1) in "real America" (1) voted to support the people who would best defend the Constitution for "real America." All other Americans voted to support the people who would best defend the Constitution for all Americans. Too late the Republican Party learned that there were too few "real Americans" and "real America" had shrunk.

How is it handling its loss? The words of Robert Byrd, (3) echo at the very heart of the minority.
"Rather I would die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds." (1944 Robert Byrd, Citizen)

How will the Republican Party avoid further losses? Its strategy is beautiful and shameful in its simplicity and is disrespectful to America and to Americans. All the Republicans need are a few more angry white people who are too afraid of their shadows to think clearly and too mad to see that they are being played by the Politicians to "quit Democrats and become Republican." The Republicans will do all they can to help Americans be afraid and angry. Who says they don't care?.

Most Americans are to PC to say what I have said. Some will agree, some will disagree. Some will call me a racist. Some will call me a liar. I have reported what I have seen, others can decide for themselves.

You see Mr. President, "real America", will not follow you and it will attempt to derail you. The citizens of "real America" would rather trample Old Glory into the dirt than to have a Black man lead them. Americans, the majority, gave you the authorization to act on our behalf. We gave you our trust to do what you promised. You must lead America and not bow to the minority who gave you no mandate and gives neither you nor the Office of the Presidency any respect. Your leadership will benefit the majority and the minority.

Whether the Republicans ' old tired Southern Strategy succeeds or not you will not serve a second term. Four years is not enough time to clean up the mess you inherited. Americans are impatient and you will be blamed for all that your administration cannot fix. Do the best for our Country in the time you have. Your time for greatness is now and America's time to heal is now.

(1) dog whistle politics: the use of language or phrases that allows two messages at once, one message is pitched for the majority of Americans and the other pitched to the intended sub-group. A few examples of the minority's dog whistles are given. "community organizer", radical black who hates whites; " ACORN", radical blacks who have organized to take over America; "real America," those parts of America that are intolerant of minorities; "real American" whites who are intolerant of minorities; "Diversity", government enforced inclusion of minorities; "States' Rights", inequality of minorities sanctioned by state governments; "politically correct", denial of "real Americans" right of hate speech; "government funded programs", reparation to minorities; and "freedom of speech", real Americans' right to deny others their right to speech.

(2) Rabble, disorganized, disorderly crowd of people, a mob, the lowest class of people, the word used by the Framers of the Constitution when they debated how to best protect the new government from the voters, "the rabble"

(3) Robert Byrd: Negrophobe White Democrat Senator who did not switch Political Party as did his counterpart Negrophobe White Democrat Senators Jesse Helms and Strom Thurmond. Helms and Thurmond switched from Democrat to Republican because the Republican Party encouraged and applauded their racism. I hope I did not take the wind from the Right. Senator Byrd made this statement over 60 years ago and has apologized and will continue to apologize. He understands what is said cannot be unsaid.

Thank you,

Cody Covey
09-16-2009, 02:47 PM
ALPHA since you are on this board and haven't made one post about dogs would you care to enlighten us as to who you are? I'm guessing one of the few that have been banned for being in this part of our dog world.

To address your post i would just like to say as many other have said on this board. JUST BECAUSE WE DISAGREE WITH THE PRESIDENT DOESN'T MAKE US RACIST. There now that is out of my system, was it racist when your party "disagreed" with Bush. Do you really hate white people, or maybe just texans. Please show me how anyone here or anywhere that disagrees with the president, just a little bit of proof in this matter would be great. Just shouting racist doesn't make someone a racist....believe it or not.

ALPHA-OMEGA
09-16-2009, 02:51 PM
To the POTUS.
From the ALPHA

Sir:

I believe that you made a big error in not demanding that Medicare for All be phase in by the Congress over the next 15 years utilizing all the funds that would otherwise be expended on Insurance. Dropping Medicare start date by three years each year for 15 years and transfering funds to Medicare instead of Insurance at each drop would make Medicare solvent. (Be careful here, their are people who will find ways to walk away with billions if you let them) Between five and ten years from now it should also provide funds make Social Security solvent. By year fifteen if my estimate is correct, Medicaid would be a thing of the past and with other savings and economies, a large portion of the National Debt would be gone, in fact it would probably be totally gone in my lifetime.

Down side... about one million plus employees of the health insurance industry no longer needed, about seventy to one hundred thousand a year to 2025. The up side... the one million do not add to making us more healthy. They may, in reality, be the defacto death panels your Republican Friends have been talking about and trying to say belong to you Mister President.

Big Government Bureaucracies make you unhappy? Form a Semi-Private Non-Profit, like the Post Office, to run all Social Programs and down size the Government. Have salaries limited to same amounts as Federal or Military Pay Scales, with no bonus. Us recovering Republicans would love this but I can hear every "Inside the Beltway" Republican scream in agony and some like thinking Democrats also. Well they have not represented us on the streets for years so let them scream. Maybe then we will get them to serve us and not vica versa. I am flat tired of having to go to only Democrats for good governance and truth. In the 1950's thru the 1970's we had a Republican Party, though not perfect, that was a Party for the People and not strictly for special interests or themselves as it has become since then.

SOME WORDS OF WARNING
I was listening to Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck on FOX around 2:00 A.M. September 5, 2009. They were saying to go out and take "Real America" back and other coded statements like my wife described above. They are asking for someone acts on these words. It worked for Rush Limbaugh and Gordan Liddy in the 90s with their uncoded comments "we need smaller government...blow up the buildings...take them down...put the barrel to the back of your postman's head and pull the trigger twice" were almost daily statements on their programs. Americans were murdered when the Murrow building came down at the hands of Timothy McVey and more than one postman met people acting on the words of Liddy. Neither Liddy nor Limbaugh were held accountable for their words, such is the beauty of freedom of speech.

Keep your Secret Service close, keep Michelle and the Girls closer. Family values have a different meaning to the audiences of Beck and Limbaugh. They revel in hate and believe that if something happens to you, there will be good target practice as the "Liberals" boil out of the inner cities in anger.

It makes me sick that some Americans have these thoughts. My wife believes that "There are evil people posing as Christians who are mocking God and pray for your death. She says "It is a terrible symptom of the Christian Community that some hide behind God's name in doing the Devil's work. These people are not the followers of Christ but the followers of Lucifer."

Although my wife is a Christian, I am not. I choose to walk with Him and not follow. We discuss our thoughts as one but I do not speak for Him. Standing beside Him, I have seen Christian after Christian being plucked from his shadow and sent down a different path by men who say they speak for Him but follow a far different Black Hearted God.

I know you have much to accomplish. Keep your eye on the prize and keep watching over your shoulder. Remember there is only a small group working toward your failure, others are clueless, but most of us are informed and support you Mr. President. I am hoping for the best for Our Country, the Country of All Americans and not just Real Americans.

I AM ONE OF YOUR THREE HUNDRED MILLION BOSS'S WHO THANKS YOU AND IS MONITORING YOUR PERFORMANCE, CONTRACT RENEWAL IS IN THREE YEARS AND UNLIKE MY WIFE I HAVE FAITH IN YOUR ABLITY TO GET THE JOB DONE AND MY FELLOW AMERICAN COUNTRYMEN TO SUPPORT YOU, GO TO THE PEOPLE AND NOT THE POLITICIANS AND YOU WILL GET THE SECOND FOUR YEARS.

SEMPER FI

Bayou Magic
09-16-2009, 02:56 PM
This is a letter my wife composed a couple weeks ago and sent last week. I added my comments and will post right... OOPs, after this posting. We have some pretty strong language here but how else should we have said it and have it come across the way it needs to be read?

(The OMEGA) added here

My dear Mr. President:

President Obama, you have the chance to be a great President if you remember you were not elected by a majority of whites or a majority of Republicans. You were elected by the majority of Americans, who represent all political parties, all religions, all races, all economic levels and all educational levels. We are awaiting your leadership in the direction you promised to lead. Leave the minority to fight its own demons. The minority does not support you but it will benefit from your leadership.

I will say what the majority of Americans are too politically correct to say. The minority is unhappy with its new political status. It fears harvest day, the day it will reap what it sowed; hate, bigotry, intolerance, inequality, injustice, oppression, and racism. The minority is engaging in the politics of resentment and it is using its fear of retribution and reparation to fuel the fire.

The minority uses "dog whistle politics" (1) to inflame the "rabble" (2) and it treats you as a foreigner who broke into the White House. The minority is well organized and has its own Political Party .

Its Party understands the fear and hate the minority feels and uses that fear and hatred to push its agenda. It understands and repeats the minority's dog whistle politics. It defends and participates in the minority's struggle to usurp the power of your Presidency. It defends and participates in the minority's treasonous language and threats against you, America, and the Constitution. The Party of the Minority does not need the Hispanic vote, the Black vote, the Native American vote, the Asian vote, or any Off White vote. It needs to scare enough white people, so they flee for safety in the strong arms of the Party that will protect them from citizens of color. Fear, hate, and misdirection is the way this Party wins elections.

The Party of the Minority, the "Republicans gave up winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically, from racial polarization." (2004 Ken Mehlman, RNC Chairman) "The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe Whites will quit the Democrats and become Republican." ( 1970 Kevin Phillips, Republican Strategist)

The once great Republican Party has reached its final destination and is now the Party for "Negrophobe Whites" that " tries to benefit politically from racial polarization". The Republican Party reaped what it sowed before the first vote was cast in this Presidential election. Real Americans" (1) in "real America" (1) voted to support the people who would best defend the Constitution for "real America." All other Americans voted to support the people who would best defend the Constitution for all Americans. Too late the Republican Party learned that there were too few "real Americans" and "real America" had shrunk.

How is it handling its loss? The words of Robert Byrd, (3) echo at the very heart of the minority.
"Rather I would die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds." (1944 Robert Byrd, Citizen)

How will the Republican Party avoid further losses? Its strategy is beautiful and shameful in its simplicity and is disrespectful to America and to Americans. All the Republicans need are a few more angry white people who are too afraid of their shadows to think clearly and too mad to see that they are being played by the Politicians to "quit Democrats and become Republican." The Republicans will do all they can to help Americans be afraid and angry. Who says they don't care?.

Most Americans are to PC to say what I have said. Some will agree, some will disagree. Some will call me a racist. Some will call me a liar. I have reported what I have seen, others can decide for themselves.

You see Mr. President, "real America", will not follow you and it will attempt to derail you. The citizens of "real America" would rather trample Old Glory into the dirt than to have a Black man lead them. Americans, the majority, gave you the authorization to act on our behalf. We gave you our trust to do what you promised. You must lead America and not bow to the minority who gave you no mandate and gives neither you nor the Office of the Presidency any respect. Your leadership will benefit the majority and the minority.

Whether the Republicans ' old tired Southern Strategy succeeds or not you will not serve a second term. Four years is not enough time to clean up the mess you inherited. Americans are impatient and you will be blamed for all that your administration cannot fix. Do the best for our Country in the time you have. Your time for greatness is now and America's time to heal is now.

(1) dog whistle politics: the use of language or phrases that allows two messages at once, one message is pitched for the majority of Americans and the other pitched to the intended sub-group. A few examples of the minority's dog whistles are given. "community organizer", radical black who hates whites; " ACORN", radical blacks who have organized to take over America; "real America," those parts of America that are intolerant of minorities; "real American" whites who are intolerant of minorities; "Diversity", government enforced inclusion of minorities; "States' Rights", inequality of minorities sanctioned by state governments; "politically correct", denial of "real Americans" right of hate speech; "government funded programs", reparation to minorities; and "freedom of speech", real Americans' right to deny others their right to speech.

(2) Rabble, disorganized, disorderly crowd of people, a mob, the lowest class of people, the word used by the Framers of the Constitution when they debated how to best protect the new government from the voters, "the rabble"

(3) Robert Byrd: Negrophobe White Democrat Senator who did not switch Political Party as did his counterpart Negrophobe White Democrat Senators Jesse Helms and Strom Thurmond. Helms and Thurmond switched from Democrat to Republican because the Republican Party encouraged and applauded their racism. I hope I did not take the wind from the Right. Senator Byrd made this statement over 60 years ago and has apologized and will continue to apologize. He understands what is said cannot be unsaid.

Thank you,

I don't have the words for this garbage, particularly coming from an anonymous source.

Frank Price

Bruce MacPherson
09-16-2009, 03:04 PM

(The OMEGA) added here

My dear Mr. President:

Thank you,

This is great reading, really. A classic example of how the liberal mind, why can't they understand how great this President is, it's because they are ignorant and he's black, works. Hope the President appreciates your concern.

ALPHA-OMEGA
09-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Dogs and me. We are all racist, greedy and bigoted. It is just that some of use recognize it in our selves and work on eliminating, others choose to ignore or amplify. Where do you stand?

Three Puppies:
Tigres Shadow (F) Lab afraid of the water
Teddy Bear Boniface (M) Pom walks on back of Chairs/Hi-Road
Gidget (two brain Cells)(F)L/hair Chihuahua feet no touch floor
G. Diane (F) Human one mean gal
The puppies are family members and not pets
Daughter and grand daughter
Son and grand son these are pets meaning we feed and water
USMC 26A 2 active res/ 2 inactive res Msgt
USPS 14 in process of retirement ET-10
just had l/rotator cuff repaired and expect to start physical therapy next couple weeks

We had Dear Uncle in Missouri who died a year ago that we often visited. He ran a kennel, pet supply and grooming business, and at one time or another raised and sold Dolbies, had an obedience school and even set up a small cemetery originally for his puppies and later the locals who loved him and the dog he provided over the years. He was a lot like some of the gentlemen here. When we visited we would sway him from the dark side but he would drift back. The next time we returned and would have to sway him back. I so wish that he had lived to see the Great EYE Opening that is just now occurring in this nation. What we are now hearing is just the start of the new discourse to get the hate and haters behind us and go forth as a better Nation.

Semper Fi

Roger Perry
09-16-2009, 03:34 PM
History will remember him as the first President we've had who hates America with a passion and pisses on the Constitution every chance he gets.

If Obama did not uphold the laws of the Constitution, the Repubicans wouild be up in arms and demand a special prosicuter to impeach Obama.

Where was your outrage when Bush s**t all over the Constitution?

Bush challenges hundreds of laws

President cites powers of his office

By Charlie Savage, Globe Staff | April 30, 2006
WASHINGTON -- President Bush has quietly claimed the authority to disobey more than 750 laws enacted since he took office, asserting that he has the power to set aside any statute passed by Congress when it conflicts with his interpretation of the Constitution.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2006/04/30/bush_challenges_hundreds_of_laws/

Roger Perry
09-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Carter has a new book out. I saw a bit on the news the other nite that Bin Ladin has endorsed it. That ought to be the kiss of death as far as the best seller list is concerned.

Where did you get your "news" from Bob, Rush limbaugh? Please quote the source.

Uncle Bill
09-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Alpha-Omega writes: "We had Dear Uncle in Missouri"...

I thought Mutha lived in Pennsylvania.

As for your self-ascribed title, let me decipher...you are Not the beginning, but you certainly are the end-all for any coherent articulation concerning whatever topic you are posting on. You do bring out the WTF??? in all of us.

UB

ALPHA-OMEGA
09-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Does not take much to see how accurate we have been, but that is neither here nor there.

Many seem to confuse the terms liberal, progressive, moderate, conservative and fascist. The farther fascist the more confused. I have been Pegged as a moderate republican (NO LONG REPUBLICAN) and the OMEGA accurately a Conservative democrat.

Your position on the food chain? Just ask, do I get all my information from talk radio, FOX and far right www. Or do I listen to the other ten thousand venues of information and and maybe use them as a source of reality.

In 1993 I returned to the good Old U.S. of A. and the first thing I saw on T.V. was Rush Limbaugh. I said to myself, that this man will turn us into Fascist Nation given half a chance. Then the Murrah Building came down and I knew we were there.

Bayou Magic
09-16-2009, 03:57 PM
losDogs and me. We are all racist, greedy and bigoted. It is just that some of use recognize it in our selves and work on eliminating, others choose to ignore or amplify. Where do you stand?

Three Puppies:
Tigres Shadow (F) Lab afraid of the water
Teddy Bear Boniface (M) Pom walks on back of Chairs/Hi-Road
Gidget (two brain Cells)(F)L/hair Chihuahua feet no touch floor
G. Diane (F) Human one mean gal
USMC 26A 2 active res/ 2 inactive res Msgt
USPS 14 in process of retirement ET-10
just had l/rotator cuff repaired and expect to start physical therapy next couple weeks

We had Dear Uncle in Missouri who died a year ago that we often visited. He ran a kennel, pet supply and grooming business, and at one time or another raised and sold Dolbies, had an obedience school and even set up a small cemetery originally for his puppies and later the locals who loved him and the dog he provided over the years. He was a lot like some of the gentlemen here. When we visited we would sway him from the dark side but he would drift back. The next time we returned and would have to sway him back. I so wish that he had lived to see the Great EYE Opening that is just now occurring in this nation. What we are now hearing is just the start of the new discourse to get the hate and haters behind us and go forth as a better Nation.

Semper Fi

Can anyone translate this for me? Plain Okie English will work just fine.

Thanks,
fp

Hew
09-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Is the New York Times good enough for you? http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/09/14/bin-ladens-reading-list-for-americans/#more-30319

I'm sure Osama would give all your posts an enthusiastic thumbs up, too.

Pete
09-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Maybe he does have racist beliefs, maybe he doesn't. Trying to prove what is in one's heart or soul is impossible, except through one's overt acts, and nothing I've seen has convinced me those were racially motivated words

Actually its quite easy to tell whats in a man heart.

what one thinks about enough will roll out of his mouth.

Pete

ALPHA-OMEGA
09-16-2009, 04:32 PM
MY Wife , My Wife and the comments we are getting certainly show how badly it has hit home on so many people. They burst into anger and attack without credibility or thought.

Go back and start all over again. Before you answer you must Know yourself. If not, when you answer, everyone will Know the real you.

If you do not understand something give it to your Wife, Sister, or Mother, perhaps one of them can put it into terms you can understand. In my younger days before I grew taller, this helped me. Believe it or not, you may also get to the point where you understand without the need to have an interpreter or use the book of coded words. But this requires an open mind seeking truthful knowledge and not a closed vessel.

YardleyLabs
09-16-2009, 05:19 PM
MY Wife , My Wife and the comments we are getting certainly show how badly it has hit home on so many people. They burst into anger and attack without credibility or thought.

Go back and start all over again. Before you answer you must Know yourself. If not, when you answer, everyone will Know the real you.

If you do not understand something give it to your Wife, Sister, or Mother, perhaps one of them can put it into terms you can understand. In my younger days before I grew taller, this helped me. Believe it or not, you may also get to the point where you understand without the need to have an interpreter or use the book of coded words. But this requires an open mind seeking truthful knowledge and not a closed vessel.
As one of the "liberals" here, I believe you paint with much too broad a brush. Personally, I do not believe that most, or even a large percentage, of evangelicals are racist. I also do not believe that most, or even a large portion of conservatives are racist.

Unfortunately, I do believe that many who are afraid of liberal philosophies, are willing to accept alliances with bigots and race baiters (a category that I believe includes the likes of Pat Buchanan and Glen Beck) in their desperation. The Southern Strategy of Nixon and Reagan gave an aura of legitimacy to such alliances, and today that fraction of the right that is racist has become an essential part of electoral strategy. Personally, I believe that the Republican Party needs to either file for divorce or die. A political party that is incapable of attracting a significant percentage of minority votes will have little role in shaping the future of our nation.

ALPHA-OMEGA
09-16-2009, 05:28 PM
As to being banned, until you mentioned it it never occurred to me.

Maybe it needs to be done. If Individuals here cannot take the heat, give logical rebuttals or have to rely on character assassinations to discredit things not grasped, so be it.

The dog people I know are generally thoughtful, almost gentle and not hateful or resentful. Neither do they what to see our government, nation, or president fail. That seems to be the theme of too many at this site. Is this what the site stands for? Is it the agenda of a majority of the individuals who have posted in the last couple of days? If you say no, then go back and reread all the postings including your own and think about about what you said, what you meant, and how it is interpreted by normal people.

I hear "you don't know me" a lot, but boy, I do get to know what you are and how you think by your postings very quickly. There are some very good people that I could really respect here. Likewise I believe that others should not be given dominion over the animals they purport to love. Especially if the are so locked into hatred and do not seek solutions but are unthinking followers of questionable agendas.

I am thinking that it might be better to not enlighten but then how would I crusade for the right yes, the right Republican Party and not what it has turned into since the Southern Democratic take over in the 1980's. We need two parties and they should not be both the Democratic Party.

Semper FI

road kill
09-16-2009, 05:36 PM

Maybe it needs to be done. If Individuals here cannot take the heat, give logical rebuttals or have to rely on character assassinations to discredit things not grasped, so be it.

The dog people I know are generally thoughtful, almost gentle and not hateful or resentful. Neither do they what to see our government, nation, or president fail. That seems to be the theme of too many at this site. Is this what the site stands for? Is it the agenda of a majority of the individuals who have posted in the last couple of days? If you say no, then go back and reread all the postings including your own and think about about what you said, what you meant, and how it is interpreted by normal people.

I hear "you don't know me" a lot, but boy, I do get to know what you are and how you think by your postings very quickly. There are some very good people that I could really respect here. Likewise I believe that others should not be given dominion over the animals they purport to love. Especially if the are so locked into hatred and do not seek solutions but are unthinking followers of questionable agendas.

I am thinking that it might be better to not enlighten but then how would I crusade for the right yes, the right Republican Party and not what it has turned into since the Southern Democratic take over in the 1980's. We need two parties and they should not be both the Democratic Party.

Semper FI
Calling someone you do NOT know a racist is as serious an attack on that persons character as anything that has been said to you.
Ask Omega.......
Sanctimony is a form of elitism, your forte'

In regard to prejudices, I find most people working to build, support and love their families could by and large care less the color of a persons skin.
Where I find the disconnect is in cultural differences.
They exist, and more missunderstanding occurs there.
I am sure you know that, but that perspective does not support your "race card" defense.

stan b

"semper paratus!!"

Bayou Magic
09-16-2009, 05:46 PM

Semper FI

"...cannot take the heat..." An interesting comment coming from someone hiding behind an alias and signing with "Semper Fi".

No name, no standing regards,
Frank Price

subroc
09-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Can anyone translate this for me? Plain Okie English will work just fine.

Thanks,
fp

I have not understood any of his posts. I stopped reading them after the first handfull.

ALPHA-OMEGA
09-16-2009, 05:59 PM
Sorry about the acronyms and abbreviations, comes with military or public service

Three Puppies:
Tigres Shadow (F) female Lab afraid of the water
Teddy Bear Boniface (M ) male Pom walks on back of Chairs/Hi-Road
Gidget (two brain Cells)(F) female long L/hair Chihuahua feet no touch floor
G. Diane (F) female Human one mean gal
USMC United States Marine Corps 26active duty / 2active reserve / 2 inactive reserve Msgt Master Sargent
USPS United States Postal Service 14 years (in process of retirement) ET-10 Electronics Technician
just had l/rotator left rotator cuff repaired and expect to start physical therapy next couple weeks

SEMPER FI

Bruce MacPherson
09-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Does not take much to see how accurate we have been, but that is neither here nor there.

Many seem to confuse the terms liberal, progressive, moderate, conservative and fascist. The farther fascist the more confused. I have been Pegged as a moderate republican (NO LONG REPUBLICAN) and the OMEGA accurately a Conservative democrat.

Your position on the food chain? Just ask, do I get all my information from talk radio, FOX and far right www. Or do I listen to the other ten thousand venues of information and and maybe use them as a source of reality.

In 1993 I returned to the good Old U.S. of A. and the first thing I saw on T.V. was Rush Limbaugh. I said to myself, that this man will turn us into Fascist Nation given half a chance. Then the Murrah Building came down and I knew we were there.

I'm not sure what you are, don't care. You just don't make sense to me that's all I need to know.

ALPHA-OMEGA
09-16-2009, 06:42 PM
If you need to disclaim being a racist, a bigot, or for that matter a republican in public, what are you?

I disclaim being a republican although that was me way back and still is according to those who know me. In fact some call me one of the last of the real Lincoln Republicans, this is not true, many still do not believe in nouveau republicanism although they are few and far between.

PS live in Columbia, SC along side Congressman Joe Wilson or Senator Demint, or State Senator McConnell if you want a primer on recognition of Embedded racism. It is not about race here, it is all about race. You have hundreds if not thousands of Sources to check on here.

And remember when someone needs to stand up and shout "I am not a Racist" he believes in Heritage. The second lesson I learned in the Marine Corps was this, If you call it Heritage, then he can get away with almost anything.

Semper Fi

ALPHA-OMEGA
09-16-2009, 07:02 PM
And why does the Alpha or the Omega make no sense to so many here? Read the posts again and reread. Where are the Leaders? Who are the Followers? Face yourselves head on, I actually see some of the huddling masses start to open their eyes. How long will it last till the Obama, or Clinton or the Democraps or other comments without constructive thought come back on line? quick, reinforce each other, someone might go liberal or even go back to being an American and not a Real American.

This has been a lesson on What A Normal American might see here but aimed at the Constituency present. Someone out there take command and lead them out of the woods for they know not what they do.

Sempter Fi

gman0046
09-16-2009, 07:21 PM
I think Mainstream Americans are beginning to realize what a mistake electing Obama has been. The groundswell of dissent has started and will only continue to increase. Only fools will agree with people Obama surrounds himself with. Haven't you had enough of Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers a convicted terrorist, Van Jones, the criminal entity Acorn, 57 Czars?

TXduckdog
09-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Geez, Roger...the Boston Globe!!! You gotta be kidding me.

That rag is so biased...they probably made that shit up.

road kill
09-16-2009, 07:51 PM
If you need to disclaim being a racist, a bigot, or for that matter a republican in public, what are you?

I disclaim being a republican although that was me way back and still is according to those who know me. In fact some call me one of the last of the real Lincoln Republicans, this is not true, many still do not believe in nouveau republicanism although they are few and far between.

PS live in Columbia, SC along side Congressman Joe Wilson or Senator Demint, or State Senator McConnell if you want a primer on recognition of Embedded racism. It is not about race here, it is all about race. You have hundreds if not thousands of Sources to check on here.

And remember when someone needs to stand up and shout "I am not a Racist" he believes in Heritage. The second lesson I learned in the Marine Corps was this, If you call it Heritage, then he can get away with almost anything.

Semper Fi

Again:

Calling someone you do NOT know a racist is as serious an attack on that persons character as anything that has been said to you.
Ask Omega.......
Sanctimony is a form of elitism, your forte'

In regard to prejudices, I find most people working to build, support and love their families could by and large care less the color of a persons skin.
Where I find the disconnect is in cultural differences.
They exist, and more missunderstanding occurs there.
I am sure you know that, but that perspective does not support your "race card" defense.

stan b

"semper paratus!!"

bob & weave...........

BTW-I am claiming you have issues concerning race based on your preoccupation concerning the topic.

code3retrievers
09-16-2009, 08:07 PM

Blah,blah,blah! What a broken record. Could you at least come up with something orginal.

John Abramson

Gerry Clinchy
09-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Yardley (in response to A-O)

As one of the "liberals" here, I believe you paint with much too broad a brush. Personally, I do not believe that most, or even a large percentage, of evangelicals are racist. I also do not believe that most, or even a large portion of conservatives are racist.

Would have to agree with Jeff. A-O it seems you have only joined this group this month. I don't actually know any of them personally, but this POTUS forum has probably been around for about a year, so am finally beginning to get a sense of who is which.

I don't think that someone objecting to being called a racist automatically confirms that they are a racist. If you called me a liar, I'd object to that, too.

If the right-leaning people you've met are all jerks, you may have erroneously assumed the converse: that the jerks are all conservatives. Being a jerk is probably the most non-partisan trait there is :-) It happens all over the place.

Bruce MacPherson
09-16-2009, 08:38 PM
And why does the Alpha or the Omega make no sense to so many here? Read the posts again and reread. Where are the Leaders? Who are the Followers? Face yourselves head on, I actually see some of the huddling masses start to open their eyes. How long will it last till the Obama, or Clinton or the Democraps or other comments without constructive thought come back on line? quick, reinforce each other, someone might go liberal or even go back to being an American and not a Real American.

This has been a lesson on What A Normal American might see here but aimed at the Constituency present. Someone out there take command and lead them out of the woods for they know not what they do.

Sempter Fi

Quick, someone get Sarge here back on his meds.

K G
09-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Looks like it's time for a full-on IGNORE movement.....

kg

M&K's Retrievers
09-16-2009, 09:14 PM
I have not understood any of his posts. I stopped reading them after the first handfull.

Whew! I thought it was just me....

ducknwork
09-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Hy head hurts. I am confused.:confused:
________
Wild_Lianza (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Wild_Lianza/)

road kill
09-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Hy head hurts. I am confused.:confused:

Get a flu shot!!:D

SMITTYSSGTUSMC
09-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Personally, I believe that the Republican Party needs to either file for divorce or die. A political party that is incapable of attracting a significant percentage of minority votes will have little role in shaping the future of our nation.

I also believe the Democrats should try to suck start a .45 just sayin.

YardleyLabs
09-17-2009, 11:29 AM
I also believe the Democrats should try to suck start a .45 just sayin.
Smitty,

Is this just a random comment, or a response to my suggestion that the Republican party should disassociate itself from bigots and make a conscious effort to attract minority support to avoid future irrelevance? Are you saying my analysis is incorrect, or are you suggesting that if Democrats would simply kill themselves that Republicans could thrive as a virtually whites only organization?

ducknwork
09-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Get a flu shot!!:D

Nah...I'll pass. I heard Obama put certain chemicals in it that turn you into a socialist. At least in lab rats...
________
Black Tube (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/11/black/videos/1)

gman0046
09-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Yardley, you just can't help yourself can you? No where did Smitty's post mention racism. Your the one spewing racism with your half ass posts. Is it something in the water in Pennsylvania? It seems thats where most of Liberal kooks are from and we in the south get the blame for being racists. Its Liberals like you that always turn things into something racial. Just glad I live in Dixie.

Cody Covey
09-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Smitty,

Is this just a random comment, or a response to my suggestion that the Republican party should disassociate itself from bigots and make a conscious effort to attract minority support to avoid future irrelevance? Are you saying my analysis is incorrect, or are you suggesting that if Democrats would simply kill themselves that Republicans could thrive as a virtually whites only organization?
If minorities don't believe in conservative principals we should change our principals just to get minorities? I think not...

YardleyLabs
09-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Yardley, you just can't help yourself can you? No where did Smitty's post mention racism. Your the one spewing racism with your half ass posts. Is it something in the water in Pennsylvania? It seems thats where most of Liberal kooks are from and we in the south get the blame for being racists. Its Liberals like you that always turn things into something racial. Just glad I live in Dixie.
Actually, I didn't call Smitty or anyone else in this conversation a racist. However, Smitty's post quoted mine in which I had said:

"Unfortunately, I do believe that many who are afraid of liberal philosophies, are willing to accept alliances with bigots and race baiters (a category that I believe includes the likes of Pat Buchanan and Glen Beck) in their desperation. The Southern Strategy of Nixon and Reagan gave an aura of legitimacy to such alliances, and today that fraction of the right that is racist has become an essential part of electoral strategy. Personally, I believe that the Republican Party needs to either file for divorce or die. A political party that is incapable of attracting a significant percentage of minority votes will have little role in shaping the future of our nation."

His reaction, which only quoted the last two sentences of my comment, was to suggest that all Democrats (presumably including myself), shoot ourselves unless I am misinterpreting the phrase "suck start a .45". I'm simply asking for an explanation of such an apparently unprovoked reaction.

Bruce MacPherson
09-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Smitty,

May I remind you it wasn't that long ago that the Democrat party was facing irrelevance. If conservatives would have acted like conservatives during this last administration it is my opinion that would still be the case. I believe solid ideas will always beat good intentions. Looked at objectively FDR's New Deal, LBJs Great society, abject failures. The party that has made this about race has not been the party of conservatives. Rather the party that at it's core has a frightening plantation mentality developed to keep the poor folk just happy enough not to leave home and keep their need for power and big government alive and well.

zeus3925
09-17-2009, 04:34 PM
We'll see if we can get A_O and Smitty to take their meds. Now where did they put their Thorazine?

Hoosier
09-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Looks like it's time for a full-on IGNORE movement.....

kg

That is the most intelligent thing I've read on this entire thread. Now lets not make the mistake of quoting.

SMITTYSSGTUSMC
09-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Smitty,

Jeff,
I have allowed to you spew forth your vile discontent while keeping my mouth I.E. key board relatively quite for a long time. While I do not agree with you on any subject saving for the fact that running labs in this sport is a good time, I will not sit back and let you state “Personally, I believe that the Republican Party needs to either file for divorce or die.” KEY WORD DIE without reciprocation of my personal beliefs that “I also believe the Democrats should try to suck start a .45 just saying.”

Now as in any socialist society we would have to wipeout one political party to have a one party system I would prefer we get rid of the democrats, and you would prefer we get rid or republicans.

I hope this helps explain my reason for the comment earlier but I am sure you will still think of me as raciest. Because that is all you have to go on, as a democrat you can not honestly say you look forward to working harder for less money just because you want to give a portion to those who will not get off there ass and get a job. Now if the ass is black, white, brown, purple, yellow, does not matter I do not want to support the lazy. If you want to call me a raciest then that is the demographic I am raciest against the lazy not a color, (a choice) You and those like you that support big government are creating more lazy people and I would prefer we give them a .45 and let them “suck start” said weapon as there burden on society will be that of about $.89 depending on what type of ammo.

dnf777
09-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Does anyone here deny outright that there are some in the extreme right driven by racist ideals? Maybe just a few? (to be fair, the left also) I think the comments were directed at the mainstream NON-RACIST republicans who are getting painted with the same brush by the widespread media coverage of the few kooks. That it would serve them well to dissociate with that crowd. Just like most mainstream dems dissociate with Rev Wright and Bill Ayers. All families have their crazy uncles.....but you shouldn't be seen hanging out with them in public too much!

And from an independant viewpoint, I see dems distancing themselves from their crazy uncles much more effectively than the Republicans. Although the dems have never worked in harmony....too many "liberal" ie free thinkers, and not as many good soldiers.

Gerry Clinchy
09-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Does anyone here deny outright that there are some in the extreme right driven by racist ideals? Maybe just a few? (to be fair, the left also)

I think that was noted by several of us.

I think the comments were directed at the mainstream NON-RACIST republicans who are getting painted with the same brush by the widespread media coverage of the few kooks. That it would serve them well to dissociate with that crowd.

Absolutely. As mentioned on the audio I heard, at the DC demo, one of the leaders of the 9-12 demonstrators clearly disavowed the "handful" of nutcases in the crowd. However, that didn't get as much airtime as the kooks.

And, clearly I don't recall that anyone on this forum had anything but disapproval for the fellow who wore a weapon to the O's townhall meeting.

Just like most mainstream dems dissociate with Rev Wright and Bill Ayers. All families have their crazy uncles.....but you shouldn't be seen hanging out with them in public too much!

And from an independant viewpoint, I see dems distancing themselves from their crazy uncles much more effectively than the Republicans. Although the dems have never worked in harmony....too many "liberal" ie free thinkers, and not as many good soldiers.

Here on this forum A-O didn't seem to think disavowal meant anything ... just that we were denying that we were really racists at heart, just didn't want to admit it to ourselves. :confused:

I have a sense that some people who are registered Ds, may be independents at heart; same for Rs. But one figures out after a while as an independent that it makes some sense to register with one party or the other to be able to vote in the primaries. However, I'm beginning to wonder about that when the choices in the primaries also turn out to be "the least of the evils".

I might tend to agree that many of our legislators, however, may place integrity behind other agendas. ;-)

Bruce MacPherson
09-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Does anyone here deny outright that there are some in the extreme right driven by racist ideals? Maybe just a few? (to be fair, the left also) I think the comments were directed at the mainstream NON-RACIST republicans who are getting painted with the same brush by the widespread media coverage of the few kooks. That it would serve them well to dissociate with that crowd. Just like most mainstream dems dissociate with Rev Wright and Bill Ayers. All families have their crazy uncles.....but you shouldn't be seen hanging out with them in public too much!

Some people have racist views. They are on the right and the left. The objectionable thing here is that it is becoming, at least to me, evident that when this administration and it's supporters feel they are losing the argument, policy wise, they have no problem claiming it's about race rather than their policy.

YardleyLabs
09-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Smitty,

Jeff,
I have allowed to you spew forth your vile discontent while keeping my mouth I.E. key board relatively quite for a long time. While I do not agree with you on any subject saving for the fact that running labs in this sport is a good time, I will not sit back and let you state “Personally, I believe that the Republican Party needs to either file for divorce or die.” KEY WORD DIE without reciprocation of my personal beliefs that “I also believe the Democrats should try to suck start a .45 just saying.”

Now as in any socialist society we would have to wipeout one political party to have a one party system I would prefer we get rid of the democrats, and you would prefer we get rid or republicans.

I hope this helps explain my reason for the comment earlier but I am sure you will still think of me as raciest. Because that is all you have to go on, as a democrat you can not honestly say you look forward to working harder for less money just because you want to give a portion to those who will not get off there ass and get a job. Now if the ass is black, white, brown, purple, yellow, does not matter I do not want to support the lazy. If you want to call me a raciest then that is the demographic I am raciest against the lazy not a color, (a choice) You and those like you that support big government are creating more lazy people and I would prefer we give them a .45 and let them “suck start” said weapon as there burden on society will be that of about $.89 depending on what type of ammo.
Actually I would prefer to have two political parties that are both strong and a center of power that moves back and forth between them. That way each knows that if they become too arrogant in how they wield their temporary power that payback will come in the not very distant future.

I believe that our current problems began when Newt and friends decided that if they played their cards right they could obliterate the Democratic party forever. That kind of thinking leads to nihilistically destructive partisanship as has been evidenced on both sides since 1996, although one could argue that it goes back to the election of 1964. I sincerely believe that our future as a nation depends on ending that type of dispute by reestablishing a tradition of compromise toward centrist positions. This is feared by the extremists of both parties who know that a move toward the center will marginalize their positions.

For the record, I did not call you a racist or mean to imply it in any way.

dnf777
09-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Some people have racist views. They are on the right and the left. The objectionable thing here is that it is becoming, at least to me, evident that when this administration and it's supporters feel they are losing the argument, policy wise, they have no problem claiming it's about race rather than their policy.

Obama has flat out rebuked Carter's claim. And I think he is a legitimate spokesperson for this administration!

I agree with many points of the protesters. Thats why I hate to see them undermined by the extremists who grab all the tv spots. I don't seek to discredit all, or even most republicans with race claims, and I think that is clear from my other posts. But I cannot reconcile some of the rhetoric we've seen with legitimate debate.

Calling escaped gorillas a relative of Michelle Obama isn't racist? Cartoons of watermelons on the whitehouse lawn isn't racist? Granted, those idiots don't speak for mainstream republicans (God, I hope) but it would be nice to see them rebuked by others on the right, just as the left tried to push Wright and Ayers aside.

M&K's Retrievers
09-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Obama has flat out rebuked Carter's claim. And I think he is a legitimate spokesperson for this administration!

Duh! Of course he did. The Dems drag out Jimmy to play the race card against anyone who disagrees with Obama while Obama downplays Carter's comments. Give me a break!

Cody Covey
09-17-2009, 11:16 PM

I agree with many points of the protesters. Thats why I hate to see them undermined by the extremists who grab all the tv spots. I don't seek to discredit all, or even most republicans with race claims, and I think that is clear from my other posts. But I cannot reconcile some of the rhetoric we've seen with legitimate debate.

Calling escaped gorillas a relative of Michelle Obama isn't racist? Cartoons of watermelons on the whitehouse lawn isn't racist? Granted, those idiots don't speak for mainstream republicans (God, I hope) but it would be nice to see them rebuked by others on the right, just as the left tried to push Wright and Ayers aside.Very level heading post Dave though i don't completely agree with the last paragraph. No one tried to disavow Wright or Ayers until it became a controversy. And while I realize that you can't disavow something you don't know about, both Wright and Ayers backgrounds were known. It wasn't until poll numbers started dropping that Obama all of a sudden realized that these were bad people and that he shouldn't associate with them. Does this happen with republicans to? Sure but you brought up the examples so I'm just addressing them. BOTH parties usually only disavow something they are a part of when they are outted and it becomes an issue. I will say again to Jeff and others please site where Glen Beck and others that you are claiming are racist have shown any evidence of actually being so. Please don't tell me that Glen, Sean, and Rush are racist because you believe so, you can't see into their hearts and just blindly calling someone racist is about as true as me saying you are racist Jeff....none.

dnf777
09-18-2009, 07:28 AM
Very level heading post Dave though i don't completely agree with the last paragraph. No one tried to disavow Wright or Ayers until it became a controversy. And while I realize that you can't disavow something you don't know about, both Wright and Ayers backgrounds were known. It wasn't until poll numbers started dropping that Obama all of a sudden realized that these were bad people and that he shouldn't associate with them. Does this happen with republicans to? Sure but you brought up the examples so I'm just addressing them. BOTH parties usually only disavow something they are a part of when they are outted and it becomes an issue. I will say again to Jeff and others please site where Glen Beck and others that you are claiming are racist have shown any evidence of actually being so. Please don't tell me that Glen, Sean, and Rush are racist because you believe so, you can't see into their hearts and just blindly calling someone racist is about as true as me saying you are racist Jeff....none.

I think we can agree on 95% of each other's posts.

As for Glen Beck et al, one can never prove what is in one's heart or mind, only what comes out of their mouth. Most people who make it to that level aren't stupid, and filter very carefully what they say. Perception and interpretation will be left for us little folks on web forums to debate ad naseum!

Have a great weekend, looks like good weather in our corner...
Dave

dnf777
09-18-2009, 07:31 AM

Duh! Of course he did. The Dems drag out Jimmy to play the race card against anyone who disagrees with Obama while Obama downplays Carter's comments. Give me a break!

I don't think ex presidents of any ilk take to being drug out. The ex-presidents club is pretty damn elite, and those folks do whatever the heck they feel like!

I'm gonna let this one go....there's no sense of us arguing amongst ourselves what is in someone else's mind. Other than Michael Richards (Kramer) and Mel Gibson, most keep their feelings inside.

ducknwork
09-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Other than Michael Richards (Kramer) and Mel Gibson, most keep their feelings inside.

And "Rev." Wright and Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

Don't forget that side of the coin...;-)

EDIT: Don't forget Kanye 'Bush blew up the levees' West
________
Vapir no2 (http://vapirno2.net)

dnf777
09-18-2009, 10:47 AM
And "Rev." Wright and Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

Don't forget that side of the coin...;-)

EDIT: Don't forget Kanye 'Bush blew up the levees' West

I don't consider them on opposite sides of a coin, rather all in the same boat. And that boat can be torpedoed for all I care.

Cody Covey
09-18-2009, 11:39 AM
I don't consider them on opposite sides of a coin, rather all in the same boat. And that boat can be torpedoed for all I care.

+1 and many more because i don't have enough characters otherwise haha

gman0046
09-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Hey dnf777, what has Glenn Beck said that wasn't true? Can you please tell us? Beck brought to light the hiring of communist Czar Van Jones who Obama hired and fired after Beck exposed him. The only reason you didn't hear about it was the fact the Liberal media you watch and listen to failed to cover the story as to not embarrass Obama.

gman0046
09-18-2009, 01:12 PM
You Liberals just don't get it. Senile old Carter's comment was carefully staged to imply anyone not agreeing with Obama is a racist. It was a tactic to prevent anyone from disagreeing with the Messiah.

dnf777
09-18-2009, 04:27 PM
Hey dnf777, what has Glenn Beck said that wasn't true? Can you please tell us? Beck brought to light the hiring of communist Czar Van Jones who Obama hired and fired after Beck exposed him. The only reason you didn't hear about it was the fact the Liberal media you watch and listen to failed to cover the story as to not embarrass Obama.

Have you been wire-tapping my cable box again? How do you know who or what I listen to. Oh, maybe you're presuming to know?

I think Beck suffered brain damage during his botched hemorrhoid operation. That's just my opinion, but he seems to have acquired those psychotic darting eyes and restless affect of a schizo ever since returning. Not saying he doesn't have a valid point now and then, but he thrives on fanning hatred and fear.

How do I notice....oh, I guess I watch him now and then....but you already knew that.

ducknwork
09-18-2009, 04:29 PM
You would make a great politician. That was a great way to not answer the question.;-)
________
Ford motor company philippines (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Motor_Company_Philippines)

dnf777
09-18-2009, 06:34 PM
You would make a great politician. That was a great way to not answer the question.;-)

This may surprise you, but I don't have time to maintain a file of Glen Beck's lies and scare tactics. I watch him occasionally, and agree with some of his points, then he goes kind of whacko, and I turn the channel.

Instead of googling Beck's lies and sorting through the 600,000 hits, I'm preparing for a private reception for the friends of Rep. Glenn Thompson, our new 5th district congressman, who will be in town next week.

gman0046
09-18-2009, 06:55 PM
I guess by now everyone knows dnf777 has yet to provide any real facts to back up his BS. He bad mouths O'Rielly, Hannity and Beck but has NO facts to back his bogus nonsense. Thats the Liberal way. I think everyones wise to him by now.

YardleyLabs
09-18-2009, 07:10 PM
You might want to look in a mirror and fact check a few more of your own posts which seem to be heavy on vitriol and light on facts or logic.

I guess by now everyone knows dnf777 has yet to provide any real facts to back up his BS. He bad mouths O'Rielly, Hannity and Beck but has NO facts to back his bogus nonsense. Thats the Liberal way. I think everyones wise to him by now.

You Liberals just don't get it. Senile old Carter's comment was carefully staged to imply anyone not agreeing with Obama is a racist. It was a tactic to prevent anyone from disagreeing with the Messiah.

Yardley, you just can't help yourself can you? ... Your the one spewing racism with your half ass posts. Is it something in the water in Pennsylvania? It seems thats where most of Liberal kooks are from and we in the south get the blame for being racists. Its Liberals like you that always turn things into something racial. Just glad I live in Dixie.

I think Mainstream Americans are beginning to realize what a mistake electing Obama has been. The groundswell of dissent has started and will only continue to increase. Only fools will agree with people Obama surrounds himself with. Haven't you had enough of Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers a convicted terrorist, Van Jones, the criminal entity Acorn, 57 Czars?

Gallup, 9/19, 51% Approve Obama and 42% Disapprove.

Marvin S
09-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Gallup, 9/19, 51% Approve Obama and 42% Disapprove.

Jeff, you are at times a bright guy. You said you were also a business person. The only time the polling gets checked is when there is an election. They need business between elections so will reach the conclusion the buyer wants. :eek: So who knows who they are talking to? They have never called me. ;)

But it's like the bond rating agency's with the CDO's. You don't know they weren't doing their homework until things turn South.

I know of no one other than the few lefties on this forum who approve of Obongo. I read the bumper stickers. Many whom I know who voted against Bush are now having real buyer's remorse. Is that surprising? In fact, many of them get real testy when the subject is broached. :eek:

YardleyLabs
09-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Jeff, you are at times a bright guy. You said you were also a business person. The only time the polling gets checked is when there is an election. They need business between elections so will reach the conclusion the buyer wants. :eek: So who knows who they are talking to? They have never called me. ;)

But it's like the bond rating agency's with the CDO's. You don't know they weren't doing their homework until things turn South.

I know of no one other than the few lefties on this forum who approve of Obongo. I read the bumper stickers. Many whom I know who voted against Bush are now having real buyer's remorse. Is that surprising? In fact, many of them get real testy when the subject is broached. :eek:
I suspect it's the circles one travels in. When I was one of 2000 partners in an accounting firm, I was one of only two Democrats. It didn't keep Democrats from winning elections. I understand that my politics are far from the norm when I am with my dog training friends just as my gun ownership and involvement in blood sports is the exception among my liberal friends. However, in my day to day life, at church, at the gym, among my clients, or among my very extended family, Obama is the favorite.

However, the vote would be close if the Republicans ever put forward a candidate who was a social moderate or libertarian, believed in diversity, and was an economic conservative who believed that budgets should be balanced even if that means higher taxes. That kind of Republican would probably win in a landslide. For what it's worth, I live in a Republican area in which the majority of voters have voted against the Republican candidate for President and against the Republican candidates for Senate and Congress (Santorum and a congressional lookalike) in the last two elections, while voting in favor of Republicans in almost every local contest.

Cody Covey
09-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Again why should we change our view points just because certain groups of people won't vote for republicans. I personally believe that if you don't agree with conservative points of view, NOT MODERATE ones, then you should vote for a candidate that you do agree with. I don't think we should pander to people to get votes (yes i realize that is what politics are about) If you don't agree, all we should/can do is try and show them the right way.

YardleyLabs
09-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Again why should we change our view points just because certain groups of people won't vote for republicans. I personally believe that if you don't agree with conservative points of view, NOT MODERATE ones, then you should vote for a candidate that you do agree with. I don't think we should pander to people to get votes (yes i realize that is what politics are about) If you don't agree, all we should/can do is try and show them the right way.
Unfortunately, from my perspective, the most conservative elements of the Republican party have done their best to chase out the more moderate elements. Arlen Specter is the most recent victim. I continue to wonder when Olympia Snow will decide to bail. While one part of me, as a Democrat, welcomes things that make Republicans lose, I don't think it is good for the country and do not like the fact that this also emboldens the most extreme factions of the Democratic party. Ultimately, political parties that fail to win elections end up changing their leadership since the first rule of Washington will always be to win.

Gerry Clinchy
09-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Obama has flat out rebuked Carter's claim.

An English journalist commented on this on the radio today. He ended his commentary with, "Former Presidents, over 80 years old, who have been proven wrong repeatedly, should just shut up."

Gerry Clinchy
09-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Yardley

Arlen Specter is the most recent victim.

I have a hard time seeing Specter as anybody's "victim".

He's served in govt for 36 years. He has come to the point where, in his own words, he believes his career is more important than his constituency.

He was welcomed with open arms by the Ds ... but then they stripped him of his committee seniority. Doesn't seem like they treated Arlen better than the Rs. Looked very much like the Ds "used" him for some good headlines, then dumped him because they likely have younger up-and-comers who could hold the seat longer for them than Arlen.

Marvin S
09-18-2009, 10:44 PM
However, the vote would be close if the Republicans ever put forward a candidate who was a social moderate or libertarian, believed in diversity, and was an economic conservative who believed that budgets should be balanced even if that means higher taxes. That kind of Republican would probably win in a landslide. For what it's worth, I live in a Republican area in which the majority of voters have voted against the Republican candidate for President and against the Republican candidates for Senate and Congress (Santorum and a congressional lookalike) in the last two elections, while voting in favor of Republicans in almost every local contest.

Been looking for 1 like that myself for a long time. Except for the raising taxes to balance a bloated budget I agree with your points.

But life is interesting, after 10 years of attending City Council meetings, I decided to throw my hat in the ring. I have attended all Budget Committee meetings & cannot believe the financial illiteracy.

Our Mayor, a lifelong D is doing all within her power to derail my candidacy. That has to tell you something. ;-) While I don't believe anyone is on the take, there are no checks & balances.

Bruce MacPherson
09-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Been looking for 1 like that myself for a long time. Except for the raising taxes to balance a bloated budget I agree with your points.

But life is interesting, after 10 years of attending City Council meetings, I decided to throw my hat in the ring. I have attended all Budget Committee meetings & cannot believe the financial illiteracy.

Our Mayor, a lifelong D is doing all within her power to derail my candidacy. That has to tell you something. ;-) While I don't believe anyone is on the take, there are no checks & balances.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me but it always does. Take an average individual put them in a position of some authority, give them access to more money than they have ever dealt with then sit back and watch the lunacy.
The take is still going on Marvin it's just getting harder to spot.

JDogger
09-19-2009, 12:36 AM

OK. I can't help myself. Marvin, who voted against Bush in the last election?

Running for City Council...? Oh yeah!

"Our Mayor, a lifelong D is doing all within her power to derail my candidacy. That has to tell you something. :wink: "

What does it tell you Marvin?

JD

JDogger
09-19-2009, 12:48 AM
Have you been wire-tapping my cable box again? How do you know who or what I listen to. Oh, maybe you're presuming to know?

I think Beck suffered brain damage during his botched hemorrhoid operation. That's just my opinion, but he seems to have acquired those psychotic darting eyes and restless affect of a schizo ever since returning. Not saying he doesn't have a valid point now and then, but he thrives on fanning hatred and fear.

How do I notice....oh, I guess I watch him now and then....but you already knew that.

I appreciate your sense of humor in the humorless desert of RTF/PP.
Please do not relenquish the stick http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/smilies/poke.gif

regards, JD

M&K's Retrievers
09-19-2009, 01:28 AM
This is funny to read/watch. The liberals are scrambling.

M&K's Retrievers
09-19-2009, 01:57 AM
I don't think ex presidents of any ilk take to being drug out. The ex-presidents club is pretty damn elite, and those folks do whatever the heck they feel like!

I'm gonna let this one go....there's no sense of us arguing amongst ourselves what is in someone else's mind. Other than Michael Richards (Kramer) and Mel Gibson, most keep their feelings inside.

DNF did not finish again::p

dnf777
09-19-2009, 07:02 AM
DNF did not finish again::p

No, it's just that some arguments have no logical conclusion, and I've learned when it's time to stop wasting time. Trying to prove what is in someone's head in impossible and only open to interpretation, although some here seem to think they can. :rolleyes:

ducknwork
09-19-2009, 07:04 AM
When arguments do have a logical conclusion, they are frequently ignored...
________
VAPORIZER AFFILIATE PROGRAMS (http://vaporizeraffiliateprogram.com)

M&K's Retrievers
09-19-2009, 11:53 PM
[QUOTE=dnf7No, it's just that some arguments have no logical conclusion, and I've learned when it's time to stop wasting time.

If you knew when it's time to stop wasting time you wouldn't be jacking around with POTUS:D

dnf777
09-20-2009, 06:03 AM
[QUOTE=dnf7No, it's just that some arguments have no logical conclusion, and I've learned when it's time to stop wasting time.

If you knew when it's time to stop wasting time you wouldn't be jacking around with POTUS:D

I've said before, PoTUS is like a bad car wreck along the road.....you can't help but keep looking!