PDA

View Full Version : While we've been arguing, errr, discussing.

Bruce MacPherson
09-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Anybody catch much news of Bernanke speech at the Brookings Institute. The recession is likely over, the recovery may be anemic but hey it's better than nothing.
Now back to our regularly scheduled bickering.

dnf777
09-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Anybody catch much news of Bernanke speech at the Brookings Institute. The recession is likely over, the recovery may be anemic but hey it's better than nothing.
Now back to our regularly scheduled bickering.

Weird huh? I heard ONE newscaster mention his comments, and how they were downplayed in the media, they they went right on ignoring them! I think what the economy DOES is more important than what anyone says about it, and most people have figured that out by now.

Goose
09-16-2009, 11:27 PM
I didn't see any of B52's speech, either. I'm certainly glad the recession is over.

Did he say anything about the cow jumping over the moon?

Bruce MacPherson
09-16-2009, 11:59 PM
Weird huh? I heard ONE newscaster mention his comments, and how they were downplayed in the media, they they went right on ignoring them! I think what the economy DOES is more important than what anyone says about it, and most people have figured that out by now.

Yep, I agree with that.

Henry V
09-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Did not hear about this speech but there was quite a bit of coverage of the economy and finance system the past few days since it was the anniversary of the collapse of Lehman Brothers and destabilization of the entire financial system.