PDA

View Full Version : Forbes Magazine

Franco
09-18-2009, 02:33 PM
They just published the best cities for new jobs. Interesting was that 9 of 10 were in states that voted Republican in the last election.

Little ol Cajun Lafayette, La was ranked #8. Could be because we have full-employment thanks to the oil patch & medical industries.

There is no recession here and won't be until Cap and Trade hits.

Geaux Cajuns! http://www.forbes.com/2009/09/17/cities-hiring-firing-careers-leadership-newjobs_slide_4.html

BonMallari
09-18-2009, 02:48 PM
they just posted the unemployment here in Las Vegas at 13.9 percent and this union town including the one that I am a reluctant member Culinary # 226, a subsidiary of SEIU went heavy for BHO. they originally backed Clinton but when the winds shifted and the momentum swung so did their support. the state used to be a lock for Republicans but with an influx of minorities it has changed to a Democrat state...Glad that I have a job for now but the outlook is bleak..

Franco
09-18-2009, 02:55 PM
they just posted the unemployment here in Las Vegas at 13.9 percent and this union town including the one that I am a reluctant member Culinary # 226, a subsidiary of SEIU went heavy for BHO. they originally backed Clinton but when the winds shifted and the momentum swung so did their support. the state used to be a lock for Republicans but with an influx of minorities it has changed to a Democrat state...Glad that I have a job for now but the outlook is bleak..

We have over 400 restaurants in the area and over 3 dozen considered as Fine Dining. They stay busy and are always looking for help! They are not all Cajun restaurants, Over a dozen Sushi Bars, 5 Thai, Indian...you name it. Only cuisine missing is French as in Escosier Cusine! Plus, we have very good retriever training areas.;-)

Goose
09-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Excluding Puerto Rico the states with the highest unemployment are Michigan, Nevada, Rhode Island, California and Oregon. Nationwide unemployment will climb over 10% this year and stay that way for a long time. And 10% is a fraudulent BLS number...the real number is probably closer to 20%.

With such high unemployment numbers the social security train wreck is fast approaching.

TXduckdog
09-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Franco....will be spending a bit of time near Kaplan here in the near future.

Was hoping there were some retriever guys around.

T.

dnf777
09-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Lafayette has no French restaurants? How'd that happen?

Franco
09-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Certainly, Ill PM you my phone number.

Kaplan is one of the good places to be when the geese are down.:cool:

Franco
09-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Lafayette has no French restaurants? How'd that happen?

We have a lot of Cajun restaurants, Cajun/Creole etc.

Unlike New Olreans, there are no Continental French restaurants. We have restaurants that represent just about every cuisine one could imagine. I just find it interesting that no one is cooking Escosier. We have a Continental Spainish restaurant called, Pampolna(nothing like Mexican food at all) run by real Castillians, so I find it odd that there isn't a French one.

dnf777
09-18-2009, 07:27 PM
We have a lot of Cajun restaurants, Cajun/Creole etc.

Unlike New Olreans, there are no Continental French restaurants. We have restaurants that represent just about every cuisine one could imagine. I just find it interesting that no one is cooking Escosier. We have a Continental Spainish restaurant called, Pampolna(nothing like Mexican food at all) run by real Castillians, so I find it odd that there isn't a French one.

Southern La, including NOLA, IMHO, has the best damn food in the world! If I lived there any longer than I did, I'd have to ride in back of my truck and let the dog drive!

Richard Halstead
09-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Sometime in the early 70's Time had a cover with "Spendy Wendy" Anderson titled the Good Life in Minnesota. I don't remember the critera but believe it might have been lifestyle. The cover showed the former govener in a scene like American Gothic holding a large northern pike instead of a pitchfork.