PDA

View Full Version : Pontchartrain Hunting Retriever Club Fall AKC HuntTest

Donald Becknel
09-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Pontchartrain Hunting Retriever Club is having their 2009 AKC Fall Hunt Test October 16,17,18 2009 in the Bonne' Carrie Spillway. It will be a Double Master, Senior, and Junior. You can enter thru Entry Express.

The Bonnet Carre Spillway is owned and maintained by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and they have granted our club permission to use the Spillway for our test this weekend. The grounds of the Spillway are renowned among dog enthusiasts throughout the country.

The weekend promises to be a fun and enjoyable event, in the true spirit of the AKC hunt test program. We graciously thank our judges for participating in our hunt. Again, we welcome you and wish success for you and your dog.

There is a grocery store around the corner from the the spillway that serves sandwiches for lunch.

We hope to see you there

Donald Becknel
10-06-2009, 10:23 PM
The Pontchartrain HRC Club's AKC hunt which was scheduled for Oct. 16 -18 has been cancelled. A number of factors contributed to low registration numbers -- the UKC Grand will be going on in Tennessee, quickly followed by the Master Nationals in Austin. The pro trainers would not be able to attend our hunt nor would individual handlers who are planning on competing at the national events. Additionally, there will be several hunts in Texas that weekend. The PHRC UKC Hunt will be held March 13 & 14, 2010.

TN_LAB
10-07-2009, 07:48 AM
I got my notice of the cancellation yesterday. :(

I was looking forward to it. My parents live real close and was planning on killing two birds with one stone. (:p) Plus I had a hankering for some gumbo and etouffee'.