PDA

View Full Version : Bluebonnet Field Trial

Jim Scarborough
09-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Any word from Bluebonnet?

BonMallari
09-25-2009, 05:15 PM
you mean the Danny Farmer with 16 entries in his backyard vs 27 other dogs Open.....it is being Judged by an RTF'er Bruce L....cant wait to hear what he and his co judge threw out there for the first series...I smell a quad

sluggo
09-25-2009, 08:58 PM
12 back to the Open water blind tomorrow

-Susan Gray

BonMallari
09-25-2009, 09:15 PM
12 back to the Open water blind tomorrow

-Susan Gray

Seven of the twelve are Danny Farmer trained/handled....He sure is tough to beat North or South....

budsdad
09-26-2009, 06:29 PM
open results:

1. 10 Winnie/Farmer
2. 42 Bobby/Farmer
3. 22 Pearl/Farmer/Caire
4. 24 Catcher/Farmer
RJ 16 Boomer/Baird

Don't know JAMs

Amateur callbacks to land blind

I think all this is correct!!

JWC
09-28-2009, 07:48 AM
Amateur Results

1st - FC/AFC Wolf Creek CR Skeeter - Bickley
2nd- FC/AFC Trumarc's Stormin Norman II - Rosenblum
3rd - El Toro - Widner
4th - FC Bayou-Star Beyond Independent - S. Caire
RJ - Watermark's Chorus Girl - Walls

Many thanks to the Amateur judges, Bob Gibson and Eugene McNabb, for setting up fair and challenging tests. Also, thanks to the Open judges Bruce Levelholtz and Greg Bradford for the same.:D

Aaron Homburg
09-28-2009, 07:55 AM
Way to go Team Bickley!!!! Skeeter first in his first trial since his injury I believe!!! Did not take long for the rust to come off! Way to go guys!

Aaron

Mike W.
09-28-2009, 07:57 AM
Congrats to Danny Widner for placing in the midst of the Danny Farmer onslaught !

Jim Scarborough
09-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Congrats to Danny Widner for placing in the midst of the Danny Farmer onslaught !

I'll second that notion. Congratulations Danny!

FOM
09-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Good job Robby and Skeeter.....don't know if I'm happy to see him back and performing or not ;) Give him an extra ear scratching for me.....see you later this year....

FOM

MardiGras
09-28-2009, 07:52 PM
I'll second that notion. Congratulations Danny!

He and Bull did a nice job... Bull was 1 of 3 dogs to complete the 4th series without handling. I was proud of them both! :D

Ken Guthrie
09-29-2009, 08:49 PM
We had 41 starters, the first series was a little derby double on the right and a flyer well out of the picture on the left....most people call this a triple. The short right hand bird was about 125 yds thrown flat from right to left tight hip pocket to the long bird which was 280 yds (per the rangefinder) thrown hard angle back from right to left. The flyer was about 150 yds shot left to right and ridden out about 50 to 60 yds. All birds were hen pheasants, cover was medium to light. Wind was consistent to absent all day - for the most part the dead birds were down wind all day. Both dead birds retired. Order was short, long, flyer.

Out of the 41 starters, 14 dogs got all three birds without handling - most of these had 2 or 3 large hunts, 25 dogs picked up (a couple may have non-seriously handled after failing the test out of the county), 2 dogs handled. So we called back 16 dogs...... by normal open judging standards we would have only had single digit callbacks. I am pretty certain in all my years in the game and judging I have never seen that many pick ups in a stake. There were perhaps 3 really "good" jobs.

Land blind was about 360-375 yds back through the middle of previous marks. We very generously called back 12 dogs.

Water blind was about 250+ yards. 70 yard angle entry, miss a close in point and a far out island. We very generously called back 9 dogs.

Last series was a wide open mixed bag triple run off of a tank dam. Long retired bird was a dead hen pheasant up and out from the water about 125 yards, probably about a 350 yd bird over spits, islands, big water etc. Short retired left hand bird was a fresh shot dead hen mallard thrown flat from right to left into the water against a log in the middle of a lot of stick ups. Flyer duck shot on the right off the top of the dam onto land at about 150 yds. Order was short, long, flyer.

We had 2 handles and 1 pick up.......six dogs got all the birds, 5 of those dogs had marking problems somewhere in the trial. Plus we had lots of answers on our blinds. We gave 4 places and 4 jams.

It was an honor and pleasure to judge the trial, especially with my co-judge and friend Greg Bradford. We didn't have to do much judging really, the hardest part was finding dogs to call back which we bent over backwards to do.

So, with 41 open dogs including Farmer's truck, your telling me the test was good enough to trump such talent...

or

The dogs were so bad the they couldn't do your "derby double"?

I notice that you use the word "generous" in your description.

So again, was your test so difficult or were the dogs so bad that you had to be "generous"?

I'm surprised you didn't run a poison bird flyer in the first series.

What's in that water up north? ;-)

Ken Guthrie
10-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Ken,

Engaging you in conversation on something you did not see is a waste of my time. Go away.

Bruce

:D:D

Never claimed I saw it...

But since you were so inclined to describe your test in such detail I assumed you would volunteer to discuss it some more.