PDA

View Full Version : Democratic Foreign Policy.....clueless

TXduckdog
09-29-2009, 10:25 AM
After thoroughly infuriating the French(yes, thats how bad its become) and the Brits over his two-stepping about an Iran policy, Gibbs, the poster child for this WH stated yesterday that the policy summit going on in the WH the next few days is "just the beginning of the long process of determining the new policy for Iran and Afghanistan."

Decision by committee? Most likely. Diluted ambitions, very probable.
Recipe for disaster...ABSOLUTELY.

Obama better get, as we used to say in the Army: "his crap in a small bag" when it comes to the military situation.

What's so tough about taking your commanders advice?

Buzz
09-29-2009, 10:34 AM
What's so tough about taking your commanders advice?

Yea, why do we even bother to elect a president and put him in charge of the armed forces? They really screwed up on that part of the constitution. They could have just said that the Commander in Chief is obligated to do whatever the commanders tell him to do. Maybe we need a little military coup?

subroc
09-29-2009, 10:41 AM
an entire election cycle and however many months he has been in office to start the process in determining his policy on how to deal with iran...sounds good

ducknwork
09-29-2009, 10:53 AM
I don't really believe that he has the experience or knowledge to command anything military related, unless we are talking Axis and Allies or World of Warcraft. He really has no choice BUT to listen to the people who know what they are talking about. Any input he has would surely be based on politics, rather than military experience.

IMO, military service should be a prerequisite to running for POTUS.
________
LovelyWendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Buzz
09-29-2009, 11:06 AM
IMO, military service should be a prerequisite to running for POTUS.

Another thing they forgot when they wrote the constitution. And to think, I was led to believe that the framers came up with a perfect document.

ducknwork
09-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Another thing they forgot when they wrote the constitution. And to think, I was led to believe that the framers came up with a perfect document.

That's why we have ammendments.;)
________
Big Tits Sex (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/10/big-tits/videos/1)

Julie R.
09-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Yea, why do we even bother to elect a president and put him in charge of the armed forces? They really screwed up on that part of the constitution. They could have just said that the Commander in Chief is obligated to do whatever the commanders tell him to do. Maybe we need a little military coup?

You know, a President's ability to lead depends in large part on surrounding himself with competent advisors in areas where he has little or no experience. Not rewarding his cronies and appointing a bunch of tax cheats and thugs. Only a monumental narcissist would deem himself the supreme authority on all things Presidential. Oh wait, that's what we elected...a monumental narcissist that thinks he knows everything and is so much smarter and more brilliant than every other human on the planet....

C'mon Buzz, even a die hard, liberal one-worlder like you has to admit this President has FAR more pressing matters that need his attention than whether or not his adopted hometown hosts the 2016 Olympics. And even you have to admit it's a bit of a stretch for a former community organizer to know anything substantive about foreign policy and/or military strategy.

TXduckdog
09-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Buzzy....the commanding officers in the field as well as the Service Chiefs are there to advise the Prez of the situation in the field and make recommendations as to troop strength, et al.

Since Obama lacks sufficient gravitas to know what the heck he's doing in foreign and military matters, perhaps he should listen to his eyes in the field and support their recommendations.

Or, he should fire them and replace with people he trusts. To make decisions by policy wonk committee is absolutely the LAST thing this Prez should do.

But hey, thats the liberal way.

Raymond Little
09-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Buzzy....the commanding officers in the field as well as the Service Chiefs are there to advise the Prez of the situation in the field and make recommendations as to troop strength, et al.

Since Obama lacks sufficient gravitas to know what the heck he's doing in foreign and military matters, perhaps he should listen to his eyes in the field and support their recommendations.

Or, he should fire them and replace with people he trusts. To make decisions by policy wonk committee is absolutely the LAST thing this Prez should do.

But hey, thats the liberal way.
Carter Redux:rolleyes:

paul young
09-29-2009, 01:54 PM
You know, a President's ability to lead depends in large part on surrounding himself with competent advisors in areas where he has little or no experience. Not rewarding his cronies and appointing a bunch of tax cheats and thugs. Only a monumental narcissist would deem himself the supreme authority on all things Presidential. Oh wait, that's what we elected...a monumental narcissist that thinks he knows everything and is so much smarter and more brilliant than every other human on the planet....

C'mon Buzz, even a die hard, liberal one-worlder like you has to admit this President has FAR more pressing matters that need his attention than whether or not his adopted hometown hosts the 2016 Olympics. And even you have to admit it's a bit of a stretch for a former community organizer to know anything substantive about foreign policy and/or military strategy.

real estate salespeople, on the other hand, are widely known to be authorities on foreign policy and military strategy......-Paul

Buzz
09-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Or, he should fire them and replace with people he trusts.

I think a move like that would cause Rush's and Sean's heads explode.

Bob Gutermuth
09-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Osama is clueless. He couldn't lead a one car funeral nevermind the greatest country on earth.

paul young
09-29-2009, 03:00 PM
i very much doubt that it became the greatest country on earth due to people with your attitude, Bob!

you are the KING of negativity on this forum.-Paul

Gerry Clinchy
09-29-2009, 03:49 PM
real estate salespeople, on the other hand, are widely known to be authorities on foreign policy and military strategy......-Paul

Hey, we let lawyers do it ;)

Bob Gutermuth
09-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Paul I am simply giving Osama the same respect and credit that the left gave George W Bush when he was POTUS.

Roger Perry
09-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Paul I am simply giving Osama the same respect and credit that the left gave George W Bush when he was POTUS.

Credit for what? Starting two wars and not finishing them and no way of getting out of them? I will credit Bush for that. I also give Bush credit for sending the country into a recession.

Bob Gutermuth
09-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Barney Frank ,Chris Dodd and the mortgage industry started the recession not W.

YardleyLabs
09-29-2009, 08:27 PM
The man was President for eight years and had a level of control in Congress for six of those years that is virtually unprecedented for any Presidency. Not even you can spray him with that much Teflon.

zeus3925
09-30-2009, 05:58 AM

Just like they do it in Latin America. Does the word "junta" mean freedom and democracy to you?

K G
09-30-2009, 07:33 AM
The current commander in Afghanistan has laid out the situation for BHO. BHO will make the decision as CIC on which way to go.

God help him if he makes the wrong call.....

kg

Buzz
09-30-2009, 08:27 AM
Just like they do it in Latin America. Does the word "junta" mean freedom and democracy to you?

What does the word sarcasm mean to you?:D

paul young
09-30-2009, 08:36 AM
i won't shed any tears for him if he does, but i will for the troops deployed there. i think he will make the right decision.-Paul

zeus3925
09-30-2009, 08:45 AM
What does the word sarcasm mean to you?:D

It was YOU advocating a military coup. They do it all the time in Latin America and elsewhere. Invariably it becomes a fubar in short order. You want that here in the USA?? I hope to hell I never will see that in my country.

If you don 't want to play by the rules now, how can I trust you to play by the rules when your side gets back in to power?

Buzz
09-30-2009, 08:48 AM
It was YOU advocating a military coup. They do it all the time in Latin America and elsewhere. Invariably it becomes a fubar in short order. You want that here in the USA?? I hope to hell I never will see that in my country.

If you don 't want to play by the rules now, how can I trust you to play by the rules when your side gets back in to power?

Perhaps you should sift through my comment history. You'll gain a better appreciation for the word sarcasm. I think most on this forum got it.

ducknwork
09-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Perhaps the term facetious would be a little more understandable, buzz...:D
________
Scarborough Van Assembly (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Scarborough_Van_Assembly)

Roger Perry
09-30-2009, 03:04 PM

Bush appointed his own people to HUD when he took office so don't blame the mortgage mess solely on Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. HUD policy was and is reviewed every 5 years.