PDA

View Full Version : The victimizer becomes the victim

Steve Amrein
10-02-2009, 08:08 AM
It seems that letterman is showing what he is all about. He has now had to fess up to being a sh#@head and trying to spin it. Maybe it explains how his extreme dislike to Sara Palin because she could prolly kick his azz. I am beginning to think that the movie Men in Black that portrayed some hollywood types as aliens is not to far off.

YardleyLabs
10-02-2009, 09:11 AM
It seems that letterman is showing what he is all about. He has now had to fess up to being a sh#@head and trying to spin it. Maybe it explains how his extreme dislike to Sara Palin because she could prolly kick his azz. I am beginning to think that the movie Men in Black that portrayed some hollywood types as aliens is not to far off.
Are you talking about his public admission that he had affairs rather than giving into an extortionist threatening to make his sex life public? (See http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/01/david-letterman-extortion_n_307221.html)

Goose
10-02-2009, 09:33 AM
What a piece of work Letterman is. Another powerful liberal forcing young, subordinate female staffers to have sex with him or risk being fired. I wonder how many girls he forced himself upon? Two? Ten? Fifty? Reminds me of Bill Clinton.

Maybe he should strike a deal with ACORN to open his very own white house.

subroc
10-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Jeff, the huffington post...I am sure we will get an honest analysis of an extreme left wingers, like lettermans, indiscretions from them. In typical left wing, circle the wagon, fashion, the extortion is the only story. While that issue is important, and at least half the story, in this case, how about the abuse of power angle with those subordinate to him? Where is the outrage over that?

BTW, I am not suprised you frequent the huffington post as a news source.

Buzz
10-02-2009, 10:20 AM
I didn't realize that sexual indiscretion was a lefty phenomenon.

code3retrievers
10-02-2009, 10:33 AM

No, but it seems to be celebrated under the left and only condemned under the right.

Kind of like Roman Polanski raping a 13 year old and the media saying that she was almost 14 so it was not that big of a deal. Paraphrased, but the author said that one of the other excuses was that the girls mother basically threw her daughter at Polanski.

Extortion is wrong but so is sexual misconduct both on the left and right. This country has lost it moral compass.

I do not care what you do in your bedroom but please keep it in your bedroom and keep it legal.

Terry Britton
10-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Are you talking about his public admission that he had affairs rather than giving into an extortionist threatening to make his sex life public? (See http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/01/david-letterman-extortion_n_307221.html)

If we go with the old law, he should be stoned in public.

Buzz
10-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Kind of like Roman Polanski raping a 13 year old and the media saying that she was almost 14 so it was not that big of a deal.

I don't see what Polanski has to do with it. I don't give a rat$ @$$ what happens to him. I thought it was comical that every right wing radio show I tuned into had the host whipping up a story that I frankly couldn't care less about.

subroc
10-02-2009, 11:14 AM
...the huffington post...I am sure we will get an honest analysis of an extreme left wingers, like lettermans, indiscretions from them. In typical left wing, circle the wagon, fashion, the extortion is the only story. While that issue is important, and at least half the story, in this case, how about the abuse of power angle with those subordinate to him? Where is the outrage over that?

This was a complete thought. The indiscretion isn't even the issue I was pointing out.

Thanks for playing.

Buzz
10-02-2009, 11:22 AM
This was a complete thought. The indiscretion isn't even the issue I was pointing out.

Thanks for playing.

I wasn't replying to you.;)

Bruce MacPherson
10-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Personally I think Letterman is a no talent jerk but , as far as I can tell, he hasn't ever set himself up as an example of moral turpitude. What I find more interesting is the disdain people like Letterman seem to have for those that have chosen to follow a more traditional, for lack of a better word, lifestyle.

Matt McKenzie
10-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Personally I think Letterman is a no talent jerk but , as far as I can tell, he hasn't ever set himself up as an example of moral turpitude. What I find more interesting is the disdain people like Letterman seem to have for those that have chosen to follow a more traditional, for lack of a better word, lifestyle.

Agreed. As far as I can tell, he didn't rape anybody. His sex life is between him and his partners and his wife. The problem I have with him is his attitude toward people who hold themselves to a higher personal standard and state it publicly. Like many, since he is unable or unwilling to be faithful to the mother of his child who he just married this year, he assumes that anyone who claims to follow a more stringent moral standard must be a liar or a hypocrite. I think that he shows the world who he is and each of us can form our own opinions about him.
The truth of the matter is this: he's an entertainer. He isn't a politician. The only power he has is the power we chose to give him.

TXduckdog
10-02-2009, 11:53 AM
I don't see what Polanski has to do with it. I don't give a rat$ @$$ what happens to him. I thought it was comical that every right wing radio show I tuned into had the host whipping up a story that I frankly couldn't care less about.

Buzz...I believe it goes to the point that the lefties have very little moral integrity.

You don't care about the fact that a child rapist is being fawned over by the left...NOBODY should be supporting this guy.

Wow, ok.

Buzz
10-02-2009, 11:57 AM
a child rapist is being fawned over by the left.

Really? Fawned over? Who told you that? Sean, Rush, Beck???

By the left, do they mean Hollywood?

I don't care what anyone in Hollywood says, left or right.

TXduckdog
10-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Nope...watched Whoopie on the View.

Buzz
10-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Nope...watched Whoopie on the View.

Oh, you mean Hollywood.

TXduckdog
10-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Yeah, sorry about not being specific.

Ain't Hollywood sort of left leaning?

Buzz
10-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Yeah, sorry about not being specific.

Ain't Hollywood sort of left leaning?

Is The Nation a right wing rag?

Here is what likely most liberals think about it. Note the comments from those liberals who are "fawning" over Polanski:

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/anotherthing/479379/roman_polanski_has_a_lot_of_friends

Raymond Little
10-02-2009, 12:35 PM

Damn the Bad Luck!

Blackstone
10-02-2009, 01:44 PM
What a piece of work Letterman is. Another powerful liberal forcing young, subordinate female staffers to have sex with him or risk being fired. I wonder how many girls he forced himself upon? Two? Ten? Fifty? Reminds me of Bill Clinton.

Maybe he should strike a deal with ACORN to open his very own white house.

Pretty strong accusations! I haven’t seen anything so far indicating Letterman “forced” himself on this woman. How do you know the sex wasn’t consensual? There are probably as many, if not more, women that pursue powerful men as there are powerful men pursing women. In fact, I never heard anything about Clinton forcing any of the women he was linked with into having sex.

Richard Halstead
10-02-2009, 02:35 PM

What if it had been your daughter? Would you be leading the crusade against Polanski?

I see this all the time you don't care untill your family or loved one is affected. A coworker didn't care about juvenile diabeties. Michael J. Fox didn't do commercisls about Parkinson's until affected. My cousin concerned about the genetic disease in our family until she was affected.

ErinsEdge
10-02-2009, 02:48 PM
What I find more interesting is the disdain people like Letterman seem to have for those that have chosen to follow a more traditional, for lack of a better word, lifestyle.

He still got his dig into Sarah before his guilt admission because I shut him off at that point. I think it's hysterical. Maybe that's the reason he finally married his wife-when the extortion hit. What a jerk.