PDA

View Full Version : Flat Screen TV

vern3
10-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Looking to buy at least 50" and wondering which brand is the best to stick
with and best place to purchase? Thanks in advance. Vernon

Gene
10-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Vernon, I have two fairly new 52 inch TV's. One at camp and one at home. Samsung and a Vizio. Vizio was about $ 500 less purchased from Walmart. Been happy with both of them so far. For the money I'd purchase a Vizio.. They aren't rated as the best but they are about 1/3 of the cost of some with dang near equal picture. Good luck.

Gene

finkomania
10-12-2009, 08:37 AM
I really like my Sony Bravia 46 in which I bought brand new on ebay. It is an option to consider as you can find older models that are still brand new in the box at a discount price.

dnf777
10-12-2009, 02:04 PM
I'll second Gene. I just got a Vizio and am very happy. I'm not a video nut, so if the absolute sharpest picture in the world is important, may not be best choice. I just couldn't justify the money to watch old Gunsmoke reruns on a state-of-the-art set!

Zman1001
10-19-2009, 08:16 AM
I also say Vizio. There is a reason that they are the #1 selling flatscreen tv. Are they as good as Sony? No. Are they as good as almost every other tv out there. Im my opinion, yes.

picture quality is very good. My parents have a 46" vizio and they have it hooked up only to rabbit ears. It picks up better picture quality and reception with rabbit ears than I do on a Samsung TV. I also think Vizio picture is just as good or better than the Samsung I have.