PDA

View Full Version : Rush and Rams

RailRoadRetrievers
10-15-2009, 06:53 AM
Why can't Rush own an NFL team? What has he stated that was so devisive that disqualifies his minority ownership with a group of partners?

Evan
10-15-2009, 07:10 AM
Why can't Rush own an NFL team? What has he stated that was so devisive that disqualifies his minority ownership with a group of partners?Because America is no longer a free country. If a handful of racial zealots make enough claims about someone being devisive (whether or not their claims are true) some loud, fat reverend will leap in front of cameras and make sure freedom is not available in what was supposed to be a free market system.

It is no longer true that anyone with the money can buy what is on the market. They must fit a popular/populace mold, comrade.

Evan

Buzz
10-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Goose
10-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Liberalism is a mental disorder.

I'm surprised they didn't roll out Mike Nifong to testify against Rush. Instead they roll out their two favorite low life street reverends...Al "Tawana Brawley" Sharpton and Jesse "Hymietown" Jackson to make their case. Jackson was hard to find as he was shacked up with another sweet young thing.

And the hard working sports journalists dredging up fake quotes attributed to Limbaugh should make the liberals proud. Probably the most recorded man in the history of radio and all they can come up with are fake quotes?

It's the Mike Nifong School of Journalism.

cotts135
10-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Rush has no more right to be part owner of an NFL team than you do to commit a felony. Remember if it is assumed that Rush does have this right than the implication is that the owners of the NFL have no right to decide who they can sell to. As far as I know there are no anti discrimination laws that deal with being a seller or owner of an NFL team. That being the case then Rush or anybody else that wants to purchase a team and is denied by the owners is on the outside looking in.

Evan
10-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Rush has no more right to be part owner of an NFL team than you do to commit a felony. Remember if it is assumed that Rush does have this right than the implication is that the owners of the NFL have no right to decide who they can sell to.I would hope we all understand that dynamic. I'm not debating that point at all. It is the false premise used specifically to deny Rush (the subject of this thread) as a potential part owner. Of all the banter about his "long record of racist and devisive language and behavior", only one comment he's alleged to have made is actually true...one. This is what all the flap is about?

Evan

Pete
10-15-2009, 09:18 AM
I have never seen a bigger bunch of cry babies than the far left wingers. They are mostly a group of whiney,sniveling,,little racists.

Its funny ,,but when these week minded panty waste individuals speak,,,there are actually people who listen. Thats the scary part.

If Rush has the money to buy a team and somebody wants to sell it to him then its none of their buisness if he is a racist or not. Racism is not a crime,,,if it were there would be a whole lot of radical liberals behind bars.

Pete

cotts135
10-15-2009, 09:27 AM
I would hope we all understand that dynamic. I'm not debating that point at all. It is the false premise used specifically to deny Rush (the subject of this thread) as a potential part owner. Of all the banter about his "long record of racist and devisive language and behavior", only one comment he's alleged to have made is actually true...one. This is what all the flap is about?

Evan
It seems to me that Rush has had a long history with racially insensitive remarks.

Some Rush rants.

Feb 5, 2007: but a majority of young blacks feel alienated from today's government." Why would that be? The government's been taking care of them their whole lives.

Jan 22, 2009: We are being told that we have to hope he succeeds, that we have to bend over, grab the ankles ..bend over forward, backward....whichever, because his father was black"

July 27 2009: "I do believe" Obama is an "angry black guy"

Now it is not that important if we think that these comments are racially insensitive, it's the owners who are making the decision and apparantly they feel that these are to divisive for their tastes.

The NFL is a very conservative organization but more importantly they are very image sensitive. Anything that tarnishes that image is just not tolerated ,something they have every right to defend.

Roger Perry
10-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Why can't Rush own an NFL team? What has he stated that was so devisive that disqualifies his minority ownership with a group of partners?

Possibly because he said:?

CNN anchor Rick Sanchez read a disputed racist quote attributed to Rush Limbaugh about antebellum slavery on Monday’s Newsroom: “Limbaugh’s perceived racist diatribes are too many to name. Here’s a sample- he once declared that ‘slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back. I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.’”

So Rush Limbaugh has managed to make racist attacks on four of the most admired and respected people of African descent in the past one hundred years, in Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, Colin Powell and Barack Obama. He has called for the assassin of Martin Luther King to be given a medal, and said slavery was a good thing. He has claimed that Joe the Plumber, who isn’t even a plumber is more important in this election than Colin Powell, a decorated military veteran who has served honorably in three administrations. How can the Republican party stand by this man and let their candidates appear on his show?

Besides, the NFL did not think Limbaugh would not do all that well with an all white, right wing football team.

Goose
10-15-2009, 10:11 AM

CNN anchor Rick Sanchez read a disputed racist quote attributed to Rush Limbaugh about antebellum slavery on Mondayís Newsroom: ďLimbaughís perceived racist diatribes are too many to name. Hereís a sample- he once declared that Ďslavery built the South. Iím not saying we should bring it back. Iím just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.íĒ

Besides, the NFL did not think Limbaugh would not do all that well with an all white right wing football team.

I suggest you ask Mr. Sanchez of CNN to source this quote. He won't be able to because he's from the Mike Nifong School of Journalism and they get their bilge from wikepedia. As I said earlier Limbaugh is the most recorded man in the history of radio so let's hear the tape.

Raymond Little
10-15-2009, 10:26 AM
It seems to me that Rush has had a long history with racially insensitive remarks. Someone needs to grow the H%#&* UP!

Some Rush rants.

Feb 5, 2007: but a majority of young blacks feel alienated from today's government." Why would that be? The government's been taking care of them their whole lives. True

Jan 22, 2009: We are being told that we have to hope he succeeds, that we have to bend over, grab the ankles ..bend over forward, backward....whichever, because his father was black"True

July 27 2009: "I do believe" Obama is an "angry black guy"True

Now it is not that important if we think that these comments are racially insensitive, it's the owners who are making the decision and apparantly they feel that these are to divisive for their tastes. Typical Liberal Vomitt

The NFL is a very conservative organization but more importantly they are very image sensitive. Anything that tarnishes that image is just not tolerated ,something they have every right to defend.

It is all about feeling good Buzz, pass the bong man.

Uncle Bill
10-15-2009, 10:28 AM

CNN anchor Rick Sanchez read a disputed racist quote attributed to Rush Limbaugh about antebellum slavery on Mondayís Newsroom: ďLimbaughís perceived racist diatribes are too many to name. Hereís a sample- he once declared that Ďslavery built the South. Iím not saying we should bring it back. Iím just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.íĒ

So Rush Limbaugh has managed to make racist attacks on four of the most admired and respected people of African descent in the past one hundred years, in Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, Colin Powell and Barack Obama. He has called for the assassin of Martin Luther King to be given a medal, and said slavery was a good thing. He has claimed that Joe the Plumber, who isnít even a plumber is more important in this election than Colin Powell, a decorated military veteran who has served honorably in three administrations. How can the Republican party stand by this man and let their candidates appear on his show?

Besides, the NFL did not think Limbaugh would not do all that well with an all white right wing football team.

Jump right in with both feet Roger, and maybe Rush will include you among those he intends to go after with his law suit. Then you'll have your 15 minutes of fame you so long for.

Always predictable, you never fail to fall in step with anything you 'think sounds good' to your pathetic reasoning. As stated by many on this board, you'll never disappoint us by seeking any factual info before posting.

Oh, I keep forgetting, you are an 'independant'. Another SIIC-O that's so obvious it's laughable. 777 must be proud to be in your circle.:rolleyes:

UB

Raymond Little
10-15-2009, 10:32 AM

So Rush Limbaugh has managed to make racist attacks on four of the most admired and respected people of African descent in the past one hundred years, in Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, Colin Powell and Barack Obama. He has called for the assassin of Martin Luther King to be given a medal, and said slavery was a good thing. He has claimed that Joe the Plumber, who isnít even a plumber is more important in this election than Colin Powell, a decorated military veteran who has served honorably in three administrations. How can the Republican party stand by this man and let their candidates appear on his show?

Besides, the NFL did not think Limbaugh would not do all that well with an all white right wing football team. Now who's Racist???

CNN and Sanchez will need to find their sources for that quote very soon to use in court. I figure the law suit will be atleast $250,000,000 min and Rush is going to win.;-) Liberal journalism, regurgitate crap you heard from a blog as truth and tar your enemy with it. Lazy Baskards can't even do their own homework.:rolleyes:

Bob Gutermuth
10-15-2009, 10:42 AM
When the courts get done with the bloviators who attribute the phony quotes to Rush I hope they award tons of damages for the libel or slander(I am not a lawyer, Deo Gratia). It is sickening the way the govt run media seeks to distort the truth about Conservatives.

ducknwork
10-15-2009, 10:43 AM
Some Rush rants.

Feb 5, 2007: but a majority of young blacks feel alienated from today's government." Why would that be? The government's been taking care of them their whole lives.

Jan 22, 2009: We are being told that we have to hope he succeeds, that we have to bend over, grab the ankles ..bend over forward, backward....whichever, because his father was black"

July 27 2009: "I do believe" Obama is an "angry black guy"

Racism is a common term used by those who don't like to hear the truth.
________
HONDA 175 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CL175)

Cody Covey
10-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Will basically be impossible for him to win a libel/slander case since he is a public figure. Public figures have an assumed risk of being libeled or slandered against and you have to prove huge damages to be able to win a case. He won't win, I predict

Bob Gutermuth
10-15-2009, 11:01 AM
How much damage will being removed from the bidding potentially cost Rush? I hope he succeeds in suing the jerks who are dragging his name thru the mud.

Buzz
10-15-2009, 11:03 AM
It is all about feeling good Buzz, pass the bong man.

Or in the Drugster's case, pass the vicodin.

Or was it Oxycontin?

Blackstone
10-15-2009, 11:04 AM
Racism is a common term used by those who don't like to hear the truth.

That works for both sides.

Raymond Little
10-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Will basically be impossible for him to win a libel/slander case since he is a public figure. Public figures have an assumed risk of being libeled or slandered against and you have to prove huge damages to be able to win a case. He won't win, I predict

Bet you though these guys would not win either did you?????;-)

http://anythinghollywood.com/2009/06/david-beckham-wins-libel-suit/

http://stupidcelebrities.net/2009/07/31/pete-andre-wins-libel-suit-against-newspaper-over-affair-story/

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,163809,00.html

Blackstone
10-15-2009, 11:30 AM
I would hope we all understand that dynamic. I'm not debating that point at all. It is the false premise used specifically to deny Rush (the subject of this thread) as a potential part owner. Of all the banter about his "long record of racist and devisive language and behavior", only one comment he's alleged to have made is actually true...one. This is what all the flap is about?

Evan

How many racist, devisive comments are necessary before it counts?

Buzz
10-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Bet you though these guys would not win either did you?????;-)

http://anythinghollywood.com/2009/06/david-beckham-wins-libel-suit/

http://stupidcelebrities.net/2009/07/31/pete-andre-wins-libel-suit-against-newspaper-over-affair-story/

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,163809,00.html

Never underestimate what a little fame and fortune can buy.

After-all, The Drugster got off, didn't he?

brandywinelabs
10-15-2009, 11:41 AM
I believe that Mr. Sanchez' remarks are not valid. In fact Rush is pursuing the source and then will pursue legal action.

He has dropped out of the group trying to buy the Rams.

What Rush said on the dates quoted. His "rants". Is the substance fact or fiction?

"July 27 2009: "I do believe" Obama is an "angry black guy"" It is a statement about a specific person. Not racial. Quite probably true based on associations and his book.

"Feb 5, 2007: but a majority of young blacks feel alienated from today's government." Why would that be? The government's been taking care of them their whole lives. " Again quite probably true. So is it racial? If he was talking about blacks, then it is most likely statement of fact. You could probably say the same about the majority of poor young white boys.

"Jan 22, 2009: We are being told that we have to hope he succeeds, that we have to bend over, grab the ankles ..bend over forward, backward....whichever, because his father was black""
I don't know what to say to that one. The reasoning doesn't necessarily make sense. Sounds like one of his ramblings.

Yes, Rush goes off a bit on tangents. But there is generally a lot of truth in what he says about someone/something. He can generally back it up.

Steve Amrein
10-15-2009, 11:47 AM
I live in St. Louis and frankly we could use something cause the Rams are stinking it up for quite a while now.

It sounds like the NFLL is quite hypocritical and a bunch of wussies. If they would take a hard a line on so called offensive acts then the league would be in serious need of 1st string players. The list of Jackassery that has been done by players is appalling.

Blackstone
10-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Rush Limbaugh has the right to say whatever he wants, whether itís racist and divisive or not. However, he must also live with the consequences.

The NFL and team owners have the right to sell an interest in a team to who ever they want. They can also deny ownership to someone if they feel it damages the image and reputation of the league or team. Whether you believe Rush is a racist or not, that is how many people perceive him. Wasnít it his comments about Donovan McNabb that got him kicked off of ESPN? If he made half of the racist comments attributed to him, I would consider him a racist.

There are also other racially charged comments attributed to Limbaugh that concerned the NFL, so why would the NFL want him. Some black players have already said they will not play for a team he has ownership in. Some fans have also said they will not attend Rams games if he is an owner. Letís face it, the NFL is all about making money. So, if you were the NFL, who would you side with, the fans and players, or Rush Limbaugh?

dnf777
10-15-2009, 12:03 PM
777 must be proud to be in your circle.:rolleyes:

UB

For the Love of God! Can we not even have the NFL be apolitical!????
For that reason, I'm staying the hell out of this one! I still don't know what all these little names I'm being called are? sicco? rino? I guess I need to watch more Rush or Oprah?? Ain't gonna happen! :razz:

Steve Amrein
10-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Rush Limbaugh has the right to say whatever he wants, whether itís racist and divisive or not. However, he must also live with the consequences.

The NFL and team owners have the right to sell an interest in a team to who ever they want. They can also deny ownership to someone if they feel it damages the image and reputation of the league or team. Whether you believe Rush is a racist or not, that is how many people perceive him. Wasnít it his comments about Donovan McNabb that got him kicked off of ESPN? If he made half of the racist comments attributed to him, I would consider him a racist.

There are also other racially charged comments attributed to Limbaugh that concerned the NFL, so why would the NFL want him. Some black players have already said they will not play for a team he has ownership in. Some fans have also said they will not attend Rams games if he is an owner. Letís face it, the NFL is all about making money. So, if you were the NFL, who would you side with, the fans and players, or Rush Limbaugh?

The whole freakin thing is about money McNabb would not turn a deal if Rush owned the team. for enough money he would wash his jet. Lets not kid ourselve the NFL players play for money period. For most of us the last time we played football for fun we were 8.

Blackstone
10-15-2009, 12:15 PM
The whole freakin thing is about money McNabb would not turn a deal if Rush owned the team. for enough money he would wash his jet. Lets not kid ourselve the NFL players play for money period. For most of us the last time we played football for fun we were 8.

I know most people can be bought, but obviously there wasnít been enough money being offered to make some of these players compromise their principles. Sometimes money is not as important as the stand you take.

Lucky Seven
10-15-2009, 12:29 PM
The NFL who is full of wife beaters, dog killers, murderers, bastered fathers and drug dealers is going to keep Limbaugh out ....... What a JOKE.

I bet if the 2 poverty pimps ..... Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson wanted to buy into a team, they'd be allowed. Do they not say controversial things ???

How about that discrace of a journalist Keith Oberlman ..... would he be allowed to buy in ????? Does he not say controversial things ?????

LIBERAL DOUBLE STANDARDS are at play again ......

Steve Amrein
10-15-2009, 12:39 PM
I know most people can be bought, but obviously there wasnít been enough money being offered to make some of these players compromise their principles. Sometimes money is not as important as the stand you take.

It was not the players choice. It was the spinless owners who likely dont want folks looking in their closets.

dnf777
10-15-2009, 12:43 PM
The NFL who is full of wife beaters, dog killers, murderers, bastered fathers and drug dealers is going to keep Limbaugh out ....... What a JOKE.

I bet if the 2 poverty pimps ..... Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson wanted to buy into a team, they'd be allowed. Do they not say controversial things ???

How about that discrace of a journalist Keith Oberlman ..... would he be allowed to buy in ????? Does he not say controversial things ?????

LIBERAL DOUBLE STANDARDS are play again ......

From hearing about this from a "couldn't care less" standpoint, it doesn't seem like any standards are being applied. Am I the only one reminded of Imus's nappy-head episode here?

It sounds like nobody did anything illegal, and no one is being forced into anything or denied anything. Someone may have said stupid things, and the market forces, whether they be consumers, sponsors, members of a team, etc...are putting their money where their mouth is and not supporting somethng they don't like. The NFL is a private corporation, that by its nature tends to be very public and community orientated, and has chosen not to affiliate with Mr. Limbaugh for whatever reason they, or their members choose.

I just said more than I said I would.....frankly, it doesn't affect me in the least bit, as does any sport, so I really don't give a FF. (not force-fetch)

Lucky Seven
10-15-2009, 12:50 PM
From hearing about this from a "couldn't care less" standpoint, it doesn't seem like any standards are being applied. Am I the only one reminded of Imus's nappy-head episode here?

It sounds like nobody did anything illegal, and no one is being forced into anything or denied anything. Someone may have said stupid things, and the market forces, whether they be consumers, sponsors, members of a team, etc...are putting their money where their mouth is and not supporting somethng they don't like. The NFL is a private corporation, that by its nature tends to be very public and community orientated, and has chosen not to affiliate with Mr. Limbaugh for whatever reason they, or their members choose.

I just said more than I said I would.....frankly, it doesn't affect me in the least bit, as does any sport, so I really don't give a FF. (not force-fetch)

So you would say the same things if some high end golf clubs went back to keeping blacks out ..... right ??? :rolleyes: They are private and can also choose to affiliate with whoever they want too ...... right ????

Buzz
10-15-2009, 01:15 PM
It was not the players choice. It was the spinless owners who likely dont want folks looking in their closets.

Spineless owners? They don't owe Rush a thing. Why would they risk one nickel on his behalf?

I find it laughable that anyone can with a straight face claim that Rush isn't a racist. If he isn't, he does a darn good job of imitating one.

TXduckdog
10-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Buzz.....he might say some racially sensitive things....sensitive to folks that cry racist over the the simplest things, when in reality they are not.

You have no proof positive of Limbaughs character. What's laughable, actually sad is a better word, is that someone like you would go down that road.

Blackstone
10-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Buzz.....he might say some racially sensitive things....sensitive to folks that cry racist over the the simplest things, when in reality they are not.

You have no proof positive of Limbaughs character. What's laughable, actually sad is a better word, is that someone like you would go down that road.

I don't really think you have to be that sensitive to think Rush is a racist.

Blackstone
10-15-2009, 01:33 PM

You can bet the owners took their that into consideration. They lose money if some of their top player won't play and the fans don't attend. The owners could probably care less one way or another about Rush Limbaugh (maybe some do), but they do care about the money. Rush is bad for business, so he's out.

Hew
10-15-2009, 01:40 PM
So you would say the same things if some high end golf clubs went back to keeping blacks out ..... right ??? :rolleyes: They are private and can also choose to affiliate with whoever they want too ...... right ????
Buzz? Blackstone? DNF? My bet is on the crickets.

FWIW, I find nothing wrong with country clubs who won't let blacks in, Black Panthers who won't let whites in, Nation of Islam who won't let Jews in, Masonic lodges who won't let women in, sororities who won't let men in, or the NFL who won't let Rush in. It's called freedom of association.

dnf777
10-15-2009, 01:40 PM

Right. It may not be moral, and we may not agree with it, but a private club is a private club.

If a golf club chose not to admit minorities, and the paying members or sponsors were outraged and dropped their membership, the club goes under. Same thing here. No laws are broken, people have just spoken with their wallets. Just like Imus. Wonder if he's called Rush to welcome him to the club?

What'dya bet Hew? You lose. Not only did you lose your bet, even worse, you have me agreeing with you!

Buzz
10-15-2009, 01:41 PM

They don't need proof positive. What's in his heart and what he says may be two different things, but who knows.

I grew up in Detroit. My dad was a fire fighter in one of the worst neighborhoods in the city. He was a block away from the start of the 1967 riots. I worked in the inner city for about 5 years, it wasn't pretty. I have seen some things that would keep you up at night. I can tell ya, my dad was racist. All his friends on the department were racist. I was raised racist and was racist for almost half my life. Growing up in a tough city like Detroit that has serious race issues, I can understand those feelings. But I can't understand a guy like Rush fanning the flames.

Bob Gutermuth
10-15-2009, 01:50 PM
When you consider some of the chumps who are owners in the NFL,Al Davis, Bill Bidwell, The Irsay jerks, Rush would be a great improvement .

Hew
10-15-2009, 01:51 PM
What'dya bet Hew? You lose. Not only did you lose your bet, even worse, you have me agreeing with you!
LOL.

Don't go gettin' all cocky. Even broke clocks are right twice each day. ;)

Hew
10-15-2009, 02:01 PM
I was raised racist and was racist for almost half my life. Growing up in a tough city like Detroit that has serious race issues, I can understand those feelings. But I can't understand a guy like Rush fanning the flames.
Are you saying it's easier not to be racist when you don't have to interact with other races? When you lived in Detroit you were a racist. Now you live in some bucolic burg with less than one half of one percent black people and you've cured yourself? I applaud you for having the sackage to write what you wrote, but what you wrote is tinged with prejudice. I'm not saying I don't have skeletons myself, but then I don't go around branding folks as racists either. ;)

Blackstone
10-15-2009, 02:07 PM

There are still plenty of exclusive country clubs that still exclude blacks, other minorities, and women. Since they are private, it is not illegal for them to do so. Most, if not all, will not admit to those exclusions. However, just by coincidence, they have no members that fall into those groups. Since they are private clubs, they do not have to disclose their membership criteria.

Buzz
10-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Are you saying it's easier not to be racist when you don't have to interact with other races? When you lived in Detroit you were a racist. Now you live in some bucolic burg with less than one half of one percent black people and you've cured yourself? I applaud you for having the sackage to write what you wrote, but what you wrote is tinged with prejudice. I'm not saying I don't have skeletons myself, but then I don't go around branding folks as racists either. ;)

I would say it's easier not to be racist if you don't have to interact on a daily basis with the worst that society has to offer. Where I grew up, I got to meet some really really bad people. I actually started to change when I went to college and met lots of responsible people of other races. My dad has changed too. There is still hope for Rush.

Blackstone
10-15-2009, 02:22 PM
They don't need proof positive. What's in his heart and what he says may be two different things, but who knows.

I grew up in Detroit. My dad was a fire fighter in one of the worst neighborhoods in the city. He was a block away from the start of the 1967 riots. I worked in the inner city for about 5 years, it wasn't pretty. I have seen some things that would keep you up at night. I can tell ya, my dad was racist. All his friends on the department were racist. I was raised racist and was racist for almost half my life. Growing up in a tough city like Detroit that has serious race issues, I can understand those feelings. But I can't understand a guy like Rush fanning the flames.

Buzz,

I grew up in Detroit myself. Racism was pervasive, and the flames were often fanned by those that stood to gain power and/or financial rewards from seeing that situation continue. I commend you for being able to grow beyond what that environment taught you.

Buzz
10-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Buzz,

I grew up in Detroit myself. Racism was pervasive, and the flames were often fanned by those that stood to gain power and/or financial rewards from seeing that situation continue. I commend you for being able to grow beyond what that environment taught you.

Like old Coleman Young? That guy was a tragedy for the city.

Blackstone
10-15-2009, 02:36 PM

The Detroit Metro area is one of the most racially polarized communities you will ever find. Actually, a lack of interaction between races there probably contributes more to racist attitudes than interaction does. Blacks and whites are pretty much raised not to interact with each other. Blacks are raised not to trust whites and whites are raised not to trust blacks. Even though Detroit has a high population of blacks, many donít know any whites unless they happen to work with them. They donít have white friends, and they donít associate with whites. The converse is true for whites in the Detroit Metro.

Detroit and it suburbs have a long history of racism. It has gotten better over time, but a lot of that hatred still exists today.

Pete
10-15-2009, 02:53 PM
I find it laughable that anyone can with a straight face claim that Rush isn't a racist. If he isn't, he does a darn good job of imitating one

Rush is definately not a racist:cool:(my straight face emoticon.) I listen to him if I am driving if he is on. I never heard him say what I would call a racist comment. Now he makes fun of cetrtain people who are black. But not because they are black. But because they are idiots.

I believe that people who cry racism are almost always the ones who are racist.
Its one of those phycological things
Just an observation.

Pete

Evan
10-15-2009, 02:54 PM
How many racist, devisive comments are necessary before it counts?If a race bating hate merchant like Jesse Jackson wanted in on the team-buying, what do you think it would take to deny him a spot in the ownership? Try to be honest.

It depends on who you are as to how many it takes.

Evan

Blackstone
10-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Like old Coleman Young? That guy was a tragedy for the city.

In the beginning, Coleman Young was actually good for the city. He cleaned up some of the things that negatively impacted the cityís residences. Remember the old STRESS police unit? They had a higher kill rate of citizens than any other police department in any major city. Coincidentally, all the citizens they killed were black men. They finally proved some of the STRESS shooting victims had officerís throw away weapons planted on them to justify the shooting. Young disbanded that unit much to the relief of black people.

However, after a while, Young turned into a liability. He was so radical and racially focused that his attitude alienated most businesses and whites in the suburbs. Unfortunately, for Detroit thatís where the money was, and Detroit could not survive with its suburbs. No one wanted to do business with Young and the city of Detroit. That was the beginning of the end for Detroit.

Blackstone
10-15-2009, 03:17 PM
If a race bating hate merchant like Jesse Jackson wanted in on the team-buying, what do you think it would take to deny him a spot in the ownership? Try to be honest

Evan

If the NFL and owners felt Jesse Jackson would be a liability, he would be out too. But, regardless of how you feel about what Jesse Jackson says, it does not excuse, or make acceptable, what Rush Limbaugh says. He is offensive to many people, and the owners don't want him negatively impacting their business.

If you are a racist in your heart, one comment is enough. So, does it take more racist comments from Rush Limbaugh before you see him as a racist than it does for Jesse Jackson?

dnf777
10-15-2009, 03:49 PM
If a race bating hate merchant like Jesse Jackson wanted in on the team-buying, what do you think it would take to deny him a spot in the ownership? Try to be honest.

Evan

Evan,
I doubt a well-run organization like the NFL would want polarizing, divisive personalities in such a leadership position from EITHER side of the political spectrum. (racism aside, Jesse and Rush are polar ends of a spectrum)

Besides, what makes you think Jesse would want to own a team? It actually takes work to manage a franchise! ;-)

Hew
10-15-2009, 04:01 PM
I would say it's easier not to be racist if you don't have to interact on a daily basis with the worst that society has to offer. Where I grew up, I got to meet some really really bad people. I actually started to change when I went to college and met lots of responsible people of other races.
Isn't that pretty much what I said? When you lived and worked around black people you were a racist. Once you didn't live and work around black people you were miraculously cured of your inherent racism. So you like black folks just fine...just as long as they're either college educated or don't live near you.

Evan
10-15-2009, 04:05 PM
If the NFL and owners felt Jesse Jackson would be a liability, he would be out too.In your dreams! You let the NFL, or anyone else openly deny Jesse, or any others of his stripes what they want and youíll see a boycott of epic proportions. The NFL would welcome that snake, and for no other reason than fear of racial ramifications. Racist? One of the all time biggest. But heís black, and there is a different standard for that, no matter how many times his words and his actions confess it.
But, regardless of how you feel about what Jesse Jackson says, it does not excuse, or make acceptable, what Rush Limbaugh says. Way to miss the point. Rush has been presumed guilty and publicly sentenced, and guys like Jesse, Al, and those who fear their influence have carried their water. Whether heís guilty or not is secondary to the tide of reverse racism aimed at him.
He is offensive to many people, and the owners don't want him negatively impacting their business.Yes, and many of those who are offended canít provide you with factual evidence of why they find him offensive, except to parrot what their favorite talking heads have told them. Again, it doesnít matter if itís true.
If you are a racist in your heart, one comment is enough. So, does it take more racist comments from Rush Limbaugh before you see him as a racist than it does for Jesse Jackson?I had no idea you and Rush were so close. You actually know his heart, do you? If your dog pops once on a blind, do you arbitrarily fry him, even if itís only once, rather than a repeated error? This feeding frenzy is sickening, and is remarkably un-American.

Evan

Hew
10-15-2009, 04:09 PM
The Detroit Metro area is one of the most racially polarized communities you will ever find. Actually, a lack of interaction between races there probably contributes more to racist attitudes than interaction does. Exactly. Which makes me wonder how a self-proclaimed former racist who now lives in a town with less than one half of one percent black people can not only claim to be free of racism, but somehow feel so completely cured that they've got the cojones to freely call others racist.
----------------
By the way, what fishbelly-white town did you white-flight to, Blackstone?

Evan
10-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Evan,
I doubt a well-run organization like the NFL would want polarizing, divisive personalities in such a leadership position from EITHER side of the political spectrum. (racism aside, Jesse and Rush are polar ends of a spectrum)

Besides, what makes you think Jesse would want to own a team? It actually takes work to manage a franchise! ;-)I hear what you're saying, buddy.;) The real problem is that, while it's easy to see why the NFL, or any such organization wouldn't want someone like Jesse as an owner, they would have a much bigger problem keeping him out purely because of his race, and the fact that he has influence with an overwhelmingly left wing press.

Actually, I think Jesse and Rush may very well be polar ends of the same spectrum. But tell me this; do you honestly think that if Rush Limbaugh were to become a part owner of an NFL team that he would be the only racist among all NFL team owners? Of course he wouldn't - not by a long shot. This isn't strictly about that. What I'm saying is that even if all the accusations were true about his racial divisveness, it's not the reason for his exclusion. It's just the excuse his political enemies in the media need to pull it off.

That's the part I hate about this. I don't mind that he isn't going to be an owner, or even that it's brought his racial opinions to light. It's that, in a free society, all you have to do is be on the wrong side of the political spectrum among the American media masses, and a tide of opposition automatically washes over anything you publicly attempt. He'll be fine. I don't worry for him. It's America, and its core principles a fear for.

Evan

Roger Perry
10-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Rush was not buying into the team just to be an owner, he wanted a new drug connection.

YardleyLabs
10-15-2009, 04:42 PM
My 2 cents. I think Rush is a hate monger in every respect and enjoys that role because of the money it makes him. If I were owner of an NFL franchise, I would have no interest in inviting him to join me since the controversy surrounding him would affect the entire sport and, I believe, reduce the value of my own property. It's a private business enterprise with no right to ownership. Given that, I would vote to protect my own interests by keeping him out. It would be my right as a capitalist.

BTW, I would vote the same way if Al Sharpton wanted in.

Evan
10-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Rush was not buying into the team just to be an owner, he wanted a new drug connection.You're sure you aren't being too intellectual about this, Roger?

Evan

Evan
10-15-2009, 04:52 PM
My 2 cents. I think Rush is a hate monger in every respect and enjoys that role because of the money it makes him. If I were owner of an NFL franchise, I would have no interest in inviting him to join me since the controversy surrounding him would affect the entire sport and, I believe, reduce the value of my own property. It's a private business enterprise with no right to ownership. Given that, I would vote to protect my own interests by keeping him out. It would be my right as a capitalist.

BTW, I would vote the same way if Al Sharpton wanted in.Jeff,

I would have no trouble supporting your position, if such were the case. It is your right, and their right. But just let them try to apply that right equally to one such as Al Sharpton, or any of his ilk. You know, don't you? You know it's a different set of rules for those creeps...don't you? Different than for Rush, different for you or for me than for nearly any prominent public black person, purely because of the fear of racial ramifications. Just for that reason, the NFL, and other such organizations operate under unique pressure to apply the standards differently, don't you think?

Evan

dnf777
10-15-2009, 04:57 PM
But tell me this; do you honestly think that if Rush Limbaugh were to become a part owner of an NFL team that he would be the only racist among all NFL team owners? Of course he wouldn't - not by a long shot.
Evan

Don't you mean "not by a long Schott".....as in Marge Schott? Not sure if the pun was intended. :cool:

From Wiki:

Margaret Unnewehr Schott (August 18, 1928 Ė March 2, 2004) was the former managing general partner, president and CEO of the National League's Cincinnati Reds franchise from 1984 to 1999. She was the first woman to buy a baseball team rather than inheriting it. [1] She is perhaps most well known for her controversial behavior during her tenure as owner of the Reds, which included slurs towards African-Americans, Jews, the Japanese and gays. She was banned from managing the team by the MLB from 1996 through 1998 due to a series of statements sympathizing with Nazi party leader Adolf Hitler; shortly afterwards, she sold the majority of her share in the team.

Franco
10-15-2009, 05:20 PM
I could care less if Rush were ever a minority owner in the NFL.

Having run the sales operation for one of our nations largest African American radio stations for a publicly owned company, I can tell you that there is much more racism in the black community than in the white. Blacks are allowed to say things without consequences that a non-black would have to be fired for.

In the late 90's we had to merge a Country music station into the same offices as a Hip Hop station. The blacks would openly say how stupid country music is and thier fans, calling them everything from white trash to rednecks. Corporate would only allow us to issue them a memo. Yet, if a white person made any critical comments of black music or thier listeners, we had to deal with Discrimination law suits filed by black attorneys against the white devil corporation!

Eventually, all the country staff quit because thier private vehicles were being keyed, ugly comments written in the bathrooms and physical threats of violence. The country station eventually had to syndicate all the shows as we couldn't get people to work in the same building.

dnf777
10-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Franco,
That is really sad. When in the army, I ran a small satellite clinic out in the woods of Ft. Polk. We had about 30 personel, both military and contractors. When I got there, there was some similar strife, but as the military personel turned over, the new ones were brought in under a more friendly attitude. We started having Friday fish frys, where the black retired E9 and I ran the fryers, and everyone else brought potlucks.
We became a tight-knit group who looked out for each other. It was amazing how people can get along, with just a little effort at the outset. Those days became great memories.

Uncle Bill
10-15-2009, 05:31 PM

Finally we have the reason someone living in Sodak can be such a laughing stock...it was my Daddy's fault!:rolleyes:

Rush has two members of his staff that are black, and last I heard they get along quite famously.

How many black folks do you employ, Buzz???

Your accusations are so asinine they shouldn't even be commented on. But I'll be happy to submit your name, along with Roger's, so you won't be left out of the lawsuit Rush is in the process of developing.

UB

Buzz
10-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Finally we have the reason someone living in Sodak can be such a laughing stock...it was my Daddy's fault!:rolleyes:

Rush has two members of his staff that are black, and last I heard they get along quite famously.

How many black folks do you employ, Buzz???

Your accusations are so asinine they shouldn't even be commented on. But I'll be happy to submit your name, along with Roger's, so you won't be left out of the lawsuit Rush is in the process of developing.

UB

You can do whatever you want. I frankly don't give a $hit.

I didn't blame anything on my dad. And as far as I'm concerned, he's a hero. He was racist, but when he showed up at a fire he risked his life to run into those fires and drag people out regardless of what color they were. He pried them out of totaled vehicles and hauled them to the hospital. He picked them up off the street after they'd been shot or stabbed, stabilized them, and hauled them to the ER (or respectfully zipped them into a body bag). He tried to save what he could of their houses and businesses while getting shot at during the 1967 riots. And he suffered and cried for them when he couldn't save them. And he cried for his friends who died trying to help.

I wish the Drugster lots of luck with his lawsuit. He already showed what money and fame will buy when he dodged doing jail time for his exploits with oxycontin.

Evan
10-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Don't you mean "not by a long Schott".....as in Marge Schott? Not sure if the pun was intended. :cool:It was...you know it was! :D

I understand what you're saying. But it should be...must be noted that Marge Schott is white. Maybe they could pull it off. Maybe they could actually remain free to choose to impose the standard equally if it were a prominent black buyer/candidate. They should be able to. I just very sincerely doubt it.

Evan

Franco
10-15-2009, 06:04 PM
Franco,
That is really sad. When in the army, I ran a small satellite clinic out in the woods of Ft. Polk. We had about 30 personel, both military and contractors. When I got there, there was some similar strife, but as the military personel turned over, the new ones were brought in under a more friendly attitude. We started having Friday fish frys, where the black retired E9 and I ran the fryers, and everyone else brought potlucks.
We became a tight-knit group who looked out for each other. It was amazing how people can get along, with just a little effort at the outset. Those days became great memories.

I knew from the onset that merging too totally different cultures into one office complex wouldn't work. Country Music Radio is an established family music format and Hip Hop is a mindless, beat driven format. See Kanye West insulting Taylor Swift at the MTV Awards last month. Many white people will listen to black music but it is very, very rare to find a black person that will listen to white music. Then, there is the, "you owe use" mentality that runs rampant in the Hip Hop culture. I actually think blacks have regressed due to thier music, than progressed with all the social welfare programs, free medicine and affirmative action. Many just don't know how or want to leave the plantation.

BonMallari
10-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Evan,

Besides, what makes you think Jesse would want to own a team? It actually takes work to manage a franchise! ;-)

then how do you explain the owner of my team the COWBOYS....they dont come any more southern good old boy than Jere'...and look at all the felons..err..misguided youths that he has hired...Tank,Pacman, heck he would have hired Vick if the eagles hadnt beat him to it

Thomas D
10-15-2009, 07:13 PM

Agree tough to win but the "amount" of damages really has little to do with it. The public figure must prove that the statement was made with "actual malice". i.e the person making the statement knew the statement to be false, or issued the statement with reckless disregard as to its truth.

mjh345
10-15-2009, 07:24 PM
When the courts get done with the bloviators who attribute the phony quotes to Rush I hope they award tons of damages for the libel or slander(I am not a lawyer, Deo Gratia). It is sickening the way the govt run media seeks to distort the truth about Conservatives.

Any philandering drug addict who can get BobG to think the lawyers and courts would be justified in working to get him a huge settlement must have something going for him!!

Tort reform my A$$..... GO RUSH!!

dnf777
10-15-2009, 07:36 PM
heck he would have hired Vick if the eagles hadnt beat him to it

That was actually my pick in the pool! Denver was number 2.

Blackstone
10-15-2009, 07:47 PM
In your dreams! You let the NFL, or anyone else openly deny Jesse, or any others of his stripes what they want and youíll see a boycott of epic proportions. The NFL would welcome that snake, and for no other reason than fear of racial ramifications. Racist? One of the all time biggest. But heís black, and there is a different standard for that, no matter how many times his words and his actions confess it.

You may not like Jesse Jackson. You may think heís a racist for accusing whites of racism (sometimes without justification), but he doesnít regularly make racist comments, like Rush Limbaugh. I donít think he is quite as polarizing as Rush Limbaugh, so I donít know if the NFL would bar him from ownership or not. However, I can guarantee if Louis Farrakhan was trying to buy into an NFL team, he would be blocked. I really donít think the fact that his is black would make a difference, do you?

Way to miss the point. Rush has been presumed guilty and publicly sentenced, and guys like Jesse, Al, and those who fear their influence have carried their water. Whether heís guilty or not is secondary to the tide of reverse racism aimed at him.

Rush is not a victim here. I have heard him make derogatory comments about blacks and latinos. I donít see the ďtide of reverse racismĒ aimed at Rush. Are you saying he is being turned down because he is white? Or, that black players donít want to play for him because heís black? Arenít 99% of the NFL owners white?

Yes, and many of those who are offended canít provide you with factual evidence of why they find him offensive, except to parrot what their favorite talking heads have told them. Again, it doesnít matter if itís true.

I donít need ďtalking headsĒ to form my opinion about Rush Limbaugh. I have been offended by things I personally heard him say (which is why I donít listen to him). I was offended by his comments about Donovan McNabb on ESPN. I have been offended by other quotes attributed to him. The media is not ganging up on Rush Limbaugh. He is not being tried in the public, and presumed guilty. He is not a victim. He regularly makes racially derogatory remarks, and this time, it had consequences.

I had no idea you and Rush were so close. You actually know his heart, do you? If your dog pops once on a blind, do you arbitrarily fry him, even if itís only once, rather than a repeated error? This feeding frenzy is sickening, and is remarkably un-American.

I donít pretend to know whatís in Rushís heart. In fact, I believe some of what he says is done just to whip people with racist mentalities into a frenzy. Thatís how he makes his money. My point was if you are a racist, one racist comment is enough. Some people may unintentionally make a racially insensitive comment. I can understand that. However, some people, like Rush Limbaugh, realize they are making comments that offend other ethnicities, and they do it repeatedly. So, one comment from him is enough for me.

P.S. Please donít insult my dogs by comparing them to Rush. My dogs are much nicer than he is.

Blackstone
10-15-2009, 07:50 PM
----------------
By the way, what fishbelly-white town did you white-flight to, Blackstone?

None. I lived in Detroit for several years, then moved to Southfield, MI, which is a very ethnically diverse suburb of Detroit.

Evan
10-15-2009, 08:06 PM
I donít pretend to know whatís in Rushís heart. In fact, I believe some of what he says is done just to whip people with racist mentalities into a frenzy. Thatís how he makes his money. My point was if you are a racist, one racist comment is enough. Some people may unintentionally make a racially insensitive comment. I can understand that. Until you stop drinking for a few days I really don't care to continue this. "If you are a racist in your heart, one comment is enough." & "I donít pretend to know whatís in Rushís heart." are at complete odds with each other.

Done.

Evan

Blackstone
10-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Until you stop drinking for a few days I really don't care to continue this. "If you are a racist in your heart, one comment is enough." & "I donít pretend to know whatís in Rushís heart." are at complete odds with each other.

Done.

Evan

The 2 comments aren't really at odds with each other unless you misinterpret them. Maybe it's not me doing the drinking.

Buzz
10-15-2009, 09:17 PM
None. I lived in Detroit for several years, then moved to Southfield, MI, which is a very ethnically diverse suburb of Detroit.

Speaking if white flight, have you ever seen Michael Happy's Bolg, "Going Home" in the Detroit News Online?

He did this Audio Slide Show. This place is a little over a half mile from where I worked for 5 years on Davison Avenue. It really hit home for me.

http://download.gannett.edgesuite.net/detnews/2007/news/0721dobelstreet/index.html

Here is his blog:

http://community.detnews.com/blogs/index.php/neighborhood

Kevin Eskam
10-15-2009, 09:17 PM

CNN anchor Rick Sanchez read a disputed racist quote attributed to Rush Limbaugh about antebellum slavery on Monday’s Newsroom: “Limbaugh’s perceived racist diatribes are too many to name. Here’s a sample- he once declared that ‘slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back. I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.’”

So Rush Limbaugh has managed to make racist attacks on four of the most admired and respected people of African descent in the past one hundred years, in Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, Colin Powell and Barack Obama. He has called for the assassin of Martin Luther King to be given a medal, and said slavery was a good thing. He has claimed that Joe the Plumber, who isn’t even a plumber is more important in this election than Colin Powell, a decorated military veteran who has served honorably in three administrations. How can the Republican party stand by this man and let their candidates appear on his show?

Besides, the NFL did not think Limbaugh would not do all that well with an all white, right wing football team.

Rck Sanchez... is this the same guy who left dolphins stadium drunk and hit a man killing him, and then screaming to the police a breath test wont do any good it will hurt my image? and didnt lift one finger to help this guy? He actually went home for over a hour and then went back? Credibility issues here.
Him and Ted Kennedy have something in common, They both killed somebody and got away with it.....

Blackstone
10-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Speaking if white flight, have you ever seen Michael Happy's Bolg, "Going Home" in the Detroit News Online?

He did this Audio Slide Show. This place is a little over a half mile from where I worked for 5 years on Davison Avenue. It really hit home for me.

http://download.gannett.edgesuite.net/detnews/2007/news/0721dobelstreet/index.html

Here is his blog:

http://community.detnews.com/blogs/index.php/neighborhood

Unfortunately, that story is all to common in many areas of Detroit. Until recently, there were still some very stable well maintained communities, like Indian Village, Palmer Woods, and the Outer Drive area on the Northwest side. However, high unemployment and home foreclosures have taken their toll on those areas as well. Detroit is a big city in big trouble. It may take more than a decade for it to recover, if it recovers at all.

BonMallari
10-16-2009, 02:12 AM

so much for the credibility of Rick Sanchez

Rich Noyes noted earlier that CNN's Rick Sanchez stated via Twitter what he couldn't say on the air because of the overdone "Balloon Boy" fracas. He was sorry he aired fabricated Rush Limbaugh quotes:

i've know rush. in person,i like him. his rhetoric,however is inexcusably divisive. he's right tho. we didn't confirm quote. our bad.

Our bad? How about "I was inexcusably reckless in airing fabricated quotes?" But this is at least the third time in the last year that Sanchez has required a retraction when attacking a conservative or Republican.

"We are unsure where that quote came from, as well. We have never posted them." -- Doug Stauffer, Media Matters, 10/15/09.

Let's hope Media Matters wasn't claiming they never posted the "Slavery had its merits" quote -- because they did, on their "County Fair" blog. They jumped on it early, on October 7. Karl Frisch hailed Bryan Burwell for "one hell of a column" -- which included the fake slavery quote.

source media research center

YardleyLabs
10-16-2009, 06:26 AM
It's just all those knee jerk liberals calling anyone a racist who disagrees with their socialist agendas. The next thing you know they will be trying to make a big deal out of this JP just trying to do a good job.....

Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.
(AP) – 15 hours ago

HAMMOND, La. — A Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have.

Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long.
Neither Bardwell nor the couple immediately returned phone calls from The Associated Press. But Bardwell told the Daily Star of Hammond that he was not a racist.

"I do ceremonies for black couples right here in my house," Bardwell said. "My main concern is for the children."

Bardwell said he has discussed the topic with blacks and whites, along with witnessing some interracial marriages. He came to the conclusion that most of black society does not readily accept offspring of such relationships, and neither does white society, he said.

"I don't do interracial marriages because I don't want to put children in a situation they didn't bring on themselves," Bardwell said. "In my heart, I feel the children will later suffer."

If he does an interracial marriage for one couple, he must do the same for all, he said.

"I try to treat everyone equally," he said.

Thirty-year-old Beth Humphrey and 32-year-old Terence McKay, both of Hammond, say they will consult the U.S. Justice Department about filing a discrimination complaint.

Humphrey told the newspaper she called Bardwell on Oct. 6 to inquire about getting a marriage license signed. She says Bardwell's wife told her that Bardwell will not sign marriage licenses for interracial couples.

"It is really astonishing and disappointing to see this come up in 2009," said American Civil Liberties Union of Louisiana attorney Katie Schwartzman. "The Supreme Court ruled as far back as 1963 that the government cannot tell people who they can and cannot marry."

The ACLU was preparing a letter for the Louisiana Supreme Court, which oversees the state justices of the peace, asking them to investigate Bardwell and see if they can remove him from office, Schwartzman said.
"He knew he was breaking the law, but continued to do it," Schwartzman said....

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

I'm glad that we live in a post-racial society.....:rolleyes:

Roger Perry
10-16-2009, 06:47 AM
I heard that the NFL turned Limbaugh down was because he was going to make his players wear white hoods instead of helmets.:lol:

Lucky Seven
10-16-2009, 06:55 AM
I heard that the NFL turned Limbaugh down was because he was going to make his players wear white hoods instead of helmets.:lol:

Boy Roger that's a good one :rolleyes: ....... did you sit around all day trying to come up with that one ???

road kill
10-16-2009, 07:09 AM

Another LIE!!

What ever credibility you had is 100% gone.
What a foolish thing to say!!

subroc
10-16-2009, 07:14 AM
When liberals express liberal views, that's just being a patriotic American. When conservatives express conservative views, it's "divisive."

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2009/10/024716.php

ducknwork
10-16-2009, 08:08 AM
It's just all those knee jerk liberals calling anyone a racist who disagrees with their socialist agendas. The next thing you know they will be trying to make a big deal out of this JP just trying to do a good job.....

(AP) ? 15 hours ago

HAMMOND, La. ? A Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have.

Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long.
Neither Bardwell nor the couple immediately returned phone calls from The Associated Press. But Bardwell told the Daily Star of Hammond that he was not a racist.

"I do ceremonies for black couples right here in my house," Bardwell said. "My main concern is for the children."

Bardwell said he has discussed the topic with blacks and whites, along with witnessing some interracial marriages. He came to the conclusion that most of black society does not readily accept offspring of such relationships, and neither does white society, he said.

"I don't do interracial marriages because I don't want to put children in a situation they didn't bring on themselves," Bardwell said. "In my heart, I feel the children will later suffer."

If he does an interracial marriage for one couple, he must do the same for all, he said.

Thirty-year-old Beth Humphrey and 32-year-old Terence McKay, both of Hammond, say they will consult the U.S. Justice Department about filing a discrimination complaint.

Humphrey told the newspaper she called Bardwell on Oct. 6 to inquire about getting a marriage license signed. She says Bardwell's wife told her that Bardwell will not sign marriage licenses for interracial couples.

"It is really astonishing and disappointing to see this come up in 2009," said American Civil Liberties Union of Louisiana attorney Katie Schwartzman. "The Supreme Court ruled as far back as 1963 that the government cannot tell people who they can and cannot marry."

The ACLU was preparing a letter for the Louisiana Supreme Court, which oversees the state justices of the peace, asking them to investigate Bardwell and see if they can remove him from office, Schwartzman said.

Copyright ? 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

I think that his personal feelings about it are on point, but obviously, he has no legal leg to stand on in this situation. Just another reason why the government needs to get out of the marriage business. It's all BS anyway. If they can't tell you who you can or cannot marry, why do you have to get a license to have them approve of you getting married at all? Marriage is none of the government's business.
________
Host And Design (http://hostndesign.com)

dnf777
10-16-2009, 08:33 AM
I think that his personal feelings about it are on point, but obviously, he has no legal leg to stand on in this situation. Just another reason why the government needs to get out of the marriage business. It's all BS anyway. If they can't tell you who you can or cannot marry, why do you have to get a license to have them approve of you getting married at all? Marriage is none of the government's business.

Franco Harris and Rod Woodson are two examples of how bad things turn out. If they keep letting interracial marriages, who knows how many more immaculate receptions we'll have to put up with!?

Seriously, I agree with you on the point gov't has no business in marriage. If you look at marriages that occur in trailer parks with back-seat honeymoons, you're probably not batting 1000 either. Lots of those "been married three times and have the same in-laws" situations goin on! I wonder if that JP keeps those statistics in order to deny licenses?
disclaimer: any similarity to any mobile home park or blue '83 chevy camaro is purely coincidental.

dback
10-16-2009, 08:37 AM

(AP) – 15 hours ago

HAMMOND, La. — A Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have.

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Well....that settles it. Our resident ILDO (Ivy League Democrat Operative [apologize in advance for the off color humor]) has found this perfect example (of an idiot and in of all places Louisiana) that proves that all you "blue-eyed devils" are racist bastards. Nothing you say could possibly revolve around the serious concerns you have for the policies themselves. You've all been exposed for what you are 'Kard Karrying Klan' members......it's not that you truely have reservations about trillions in deficit spending, the long term effects of government run health care, weakening of our military, nationalization of major portions of our economy, a fundamental disagreement on how to manage an economic recovery or the tenets of that system, etc. etc. etc...nope....it's 'cuz yur RACIST...RACIST I tell ya!'

Com'on Jeff....this one makes it sound like you live in a double wide in N Farmington.

YardleyLabs
10-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Well....that settles it. Our resident ILDO (Ivy League Democrat Operative [apologize in advance for the off color humor]) has found this perfect example (of an idiot and in of all places Louisiana) that proves that all you "blue-eyed devils" are racist bastards. Nothing you say could possibly revolve around the serious concerns you have for the policies themselves. You've all been exposed for what you are 'Kard Karrying Klan' members......it's not that you truely have reservations about trillions in deficit spending, the long term effects of government run health care, weakening of our military, nationalization of major portions of our economy, a fundamental disagreement on how to manage an economic recovery or the tenets of that system, etc. etc. etc...nope....it's 'cuz yur RACIST...RACIST I tell ya!'

Com'on Jeff....this one makes it sound like you live in a double wide in N Farmington.

I actually thought of not posting it because it falls into the category of "gotcha" stories about complete fools where the only reason for posting is to try to link those fools to someone on one end or the other of the political spectrum. However, given that many of the right wing posts on this forum fall neatly into the same category, I decided that I would go ahead and stick it up there.

I think that his personal feelings about it are on point, but obviously, he has no legal leg to stand on in this situation. Just another reason why the government needs to get out of the marriage business. It's all BS anyway. If they can't tell you who you can or cannot marry, why do you have to get a license to have them approve of you getting married at all? Marriage is none of the government's business.I could not disagree more with your opening statement based on my personal experience with many interracial couples and families (white/black, asian/white, etc.), including my son/daughter-in-law and my sister/brother-in-law, as well as my controller of 12 years and my closest neighbor). I could not agree with you more on the last part of your comment. Let the government recognize civil unions to address custody, inheritance and property issues and let churches or whatever address issues of marriage any way they want. We can begin by repealing the Defense of Marriage Act at the Federal level since that is entirely about the Federal government telling people whom they can marry and overriding states laws in the process.

dnf777
10-16-2009, 09:15 AM
[QUOTE=YardleyLabs;512960]I actually thought of not posting it because it falls into the category of "gotcha" stories about complete fools where the only reason for posting is to try to link those fools to someone on one end or the other of the political spectrum. However, given that many of the right wing posts on this forum fall neatly into the same category, I decided that I would go ahead and stick it up there.[QUOTE]

And when people agree with those positions, it sort of makes your point. ;)

Franco
10-16-2009, 09:20 AM

Jeff, since you always like to depict white Americans as the bad guys, I thought I would add some balance.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1621389/20090913/west_kanye.jhtml

Blackstone
10-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Jeff, since you always like to depict white Americans as the bad guys, I thought I would add some balance.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1621389/20090913/west_kanye.jhtml

So, are you saying that Kanye West's inappropriate outburst was racially motivated? I didn't hear him say anything about race, and I didn't hear any black people come out in support of his antics.

Lucky Seven
10-16-2009, 09:46 AM
So, are you saying that Kanye West's inappropriate outburst was racially motivated? I didn't hear him say anything about race, and I didn't hear any black people come out in support of his antics.

OH GOOD lord ...... if a white singer did that to a black singer, Al Sharpton would have been foaming at the mouth.

The outrage would have of the charts.

Just another Liberal double standard

YardleyLabs
10-16-2009, 10:16 AM
OH GOOD lord ...... if a white singer did that to a black singer, Al Sharpton would have been foaming at the mouth.

Whereas Obama complimented Kanye by calling him an "idiot" on national TV. And your post is a perfect example of using the actions of a complete fool to characterize people who have expressed no support for what he did. So you must enjoy being thrown in the same tub with the idiot justice of the peace for Louisiana.

Franco
10-16-2009, 10:44 AM
And when Kanye West said after Katrina that Pres Bush doesn't like black people, where was the outrage from the black community?

Bush help put this country into debt with his incresed spending on domestic poverty and foreign aide to Africa. Yet the black community was silent on West's statement.

I say there is more racism in the balck community than there is in the white one.

FEMA was not geared of for natural disasters. It was Gov Blanco that wouldn't let the Federal troops in for 3 days after Katrina to provide aide and relief!

ducknwork
10-16-2009, 10:46 AM
I could not disagree more with your opening statement

Okay, let me clarify what I meant. I am not against interracial marriage. Frankly, I couldn't care less. It's just not for me. I don't put it in the same category as same sex marriage, which I am opposed to. What I was agreeing with the JP about was what he said about the kids having a hard way to go. I don't think that anyone could really argue the fact that interracial children have a more difficult time fitting in and are bullied or picked on more than children of only one race. (Of course, this is not meant as an absolute statement. I know there are exceptions, so I don't want anyone asking me about Tiger Woods or Mariah Carey or Barack Obama...) In many cases, I think this could lead to hanging with 'the wrong crowd' as they are generally accepting of anyone who will engage in the behaviors that they do. I feel for children of interracial couples because they just have one more thing stacked against them in this world that can be difficult enough for a child already. However, this is not a valid reason for anyone other than the said couple to make any decision regarding their marital status or future children.
________
Wendie 99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Buzz
10-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Bush help put this country into debt with his incresed spending on domestic poverty and foreign aide to Africa. Yet the black community was silent on West's statement.

Got any numbers I can see on this?:confused:

Franco
10-16-2009, 11:18 AM
F I G U R E 1 - 1. U.S. Foreign Aid, 1946–2006

a

U.S. dollars (current), millions
1950 1960 1970 1980
Source: U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID),

U.S. Overseas Loans and Grants

(Greenbook) (http://qesdb.usaid.gov/gbk/index.html).
a. If one deducts funds spent on Iraq reconstruction during 2004–05 (amounting to $6 billion in
2004 and $10 billion in 2005), these increases in U.S. aid are still significant.
1990 2000
F I G U R E 1 - 2. U.S. Aid in Constant Dollars, 1946–2006

a

U.S. dollars, millions
1950 1960 1970 1980
Source: U.

Here is more...http://www.cgdev.org/doc/commentary/Bush_and_Foreign_Aid.pdf

Nor_Cal_Angler
10-16-2009, 12:04 PM
I actually thought of not posting it because it falls into the category of "gotcha" stories about complete fools where the only reason for posting is to try to link those fools to someone on one end or the other of the political spectrum. However, given that many of the right wing posts on this forum fall neatly into the same category, I decided that I would go ahead and stick it up there.

I could not disagree more with your opening statement based on my personal experience with many interracial couples and families (white/black, asian/white, etc.), including my son/daughter-in-law and my sister/brother-in-law, as well as my controller of 12 years and my closest neighbor). I could not agree with you more on the last part of your comment. Let the government recognize civil unions to address custody, inheritance and property issues and let churches or whatever address issues of marriage any way they want. We can begin by repealing the Defense of Marriage Act at the Federal level since that is entirely about the Federal government telling people whom they can marry and overriding states laws in the process.

You have a CONTROLLER?????

Someone should tell him to look for a different line on work, he isn't doing a very good job.....lol

Sorry, just had to!!!!

NCA

Matt McKenzie
10-16-2009, 02:33 PM
For the record, what comments has Rush Limbaugh actually made that indicate that he is a racist? I apologize if it was already discussed, but I just don't have the gumption to wade through this entire thread. I know many of his comments are seen as divisive and insensitive, but I'd like to know what he's said that is racist.

Cody Covey
10-16-2009, 03:12 PM
am i wrong in the thought that the defense of marriage acts says that states aren't required to recognize marriages from other states. That doesn't take away at all from those states right. The only thing it does is reinforce other states rights and nothing to prohibit others. If i don't understand the whole bill or am being short sighted please explain.

BonMallari
10-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Okay, let me clarify what I meant. I am not against interracial marriage. Frankly, I couldn't care less. It's just not for me. I don't put it in the same category as same sex marriage, which I am opposed to. What I was agreeing with the JP about was what he said about the kids having a hard way to go. I don't think that anyone could really argue the fact that interracial children have a more difficult time fitting in and are bullied or picked on more than children of only one race. (Of course, this is not meant as an absolute statement. I know there are exceptions, so I don't want anyone asking me about Tiger Woods or Mariah Carey or Barack Obama...) In many cases, I think this could lead to hanging with 'the wrong crowd' as they are generally accepting of anyone who will engage in the behaviors that they do. I feel for children of interracial couples because they just have one more thing stacked against them in this world that can be difficult enough for a child already. However, this is not a valid reason for anyone other than the said couple to make any decision regarding their marital status or future children.

your statement about kids from inter racial couples is ludicrous. My entire family of brothers and sisters married caucasian spouses...we are of Filipino descent but are all US educated and in most cases about as conservative as they come. We dont see color in my family, all the grandkids are inter racial and have never had a problem due to race, and they have lived in the deep south of Atlanta, Texas, the lily white state of Utahand Idaho and even your state of NC..even though you say you have no problem with it, your statement speaks of a different tone..

ducknwork
10-16-2009, 05:18 PM
If you are in any way, shape or form accusing me of being a racist and a liar, you should read closer. Your last sentence sure sounds like you are. I would appreciate it if you wouldn't insult me like that without having any good reason.

As far as interracial children go, I think that it would be safe to say that some races mix and aren't as obvious or as hot of a topic as white and black. Can you honestly say that a white/black mixed child will (generally speaking) have as easy of a life as your family sounds to have had? I seriously doubt it. If you think otherwise, I think that is awful naive.
________
UKGal_22 (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/UKGal_22/)

BonMallari
10-16-2009, 05:32 PM
If you are in any way, shape or form accusing me of being a racist and a liar, you should read closer. Your last sentence sure sounds like you are. I would appreciate it if you wouldn't insult me like that without having any good reason.

As far as interracial children go, I think that it would be safe to say that some races mix and aren't as obvious or as hot of a topic as white and black. Can you honestly say that a white/black mixed child will (generally speaking) have as easy of a life as your family sounds to have had? I seriously doubt it. If you think otherwise, I think that is awful naive.

NEVER insulted you ...NEVER accused you of being a racist...did not like your blanket statement about children from an interracial union...I just think that you not coming from a family that has inter racial kids has very little idea what obstacles we face and dont face...I dont know too many black/white couples so for me to comment on their obstacles would also be unfair

dback
10-16-2009, 07:56 PM

I'm going to give you this one because we probably agree more here than disagree. It irritates the hell out of me to be painted or see others painted with the broad brush of 'racist' in the normal course of life simply because an interaction took place between two different races. I have been in a 37 year long interracial marriage and in that length of time only twice has someone said/acted in a truely racist fashion towards us...once in Mexico City a man called her a name for marrying outside her race and once here (I couldn't get the POS out of his car once I caught him). I had the good fortune of playing basketball at the college level ... my college roommate was black, my traveling roommate was black and most of my teammates were black. The crap we dished out to each other (much of it race oriented) would raise the hair on most people's neck but none of it was "racist". The closest of friendships have endured all these years later and will continue to do so. Today nearly all my employees are minority and I'm confident that each would privately say that I am a very fair employer and friend ..... yet..... a few weeks ago a vehicle was traveling through our neighborhood doing about 60 mph in a 25 mph zone. I told him to slow down, the driver (black youth) immediately proclaims that I'm a racist even though I only saw a speeding green malibu until the last moment. I do not, nor do my innumerable minority friends figure race into our relationship equation.

Here is where we probably depart on agreement. Some find 'racism' at every corner ie. "I was pulled over by LEO today because I'm black/hispanic/asian (forget I ran a red light). Does racism exist??? Sure....however, IMO, not nearly as much as is claimed by some. In some circles it is a 'crutch'. Rush is critical of many people....by a wide margin, whites....but heaven forbid he criticize a minority because then he's a racist. It's a convenient crutch for many to paint him as a racist. His politics aside....consider that he is making a point and the object of his point just happens to be black (or hispanic or ...)

ducknwork
10-16-2009, 08:04 PM
[B]I just think that you not coming from a family that has inter racial kids

When did I say that?

Hell, I guess I could be interracial. I'm half Italian, half redneck. But guess what? I look white. Most people never know the difference. It's not the same with black/white mixes. I have seen them in school have a tough time fitting in. I am sure it has been a little longer since you were in school and it is a safe bet that there were far fewer interracial couples back then.
________
Wellbutrin Settlement (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/wellbutrin/)

Blackstone
10-17-2009, 01:44 PM

First, what does Al Sharpton have to do with what Kanye West did? Maybe Sharpton would have had something to say if a white singer had done that to a black singer, and maybe he wouldn't. Unless it happens, we will never know for sure. You are just making an assumption. For all you know, Al Sharpton may have disapproved of what West did as well.

I cannot speak for Kanye West's true intentions, and unless he reveals them, no one else can either. As far as I'm concerned, this was just an act of stupidity, and there is no reason to bring race into it.

Blackstone
10-17-2009, 04:36 PM
And when Kanye West said after Katrina that Pres Bush doesn't like black people, where was the outrage from the black community?

And, when Glen Beck said Obama has exposed himself as someone with a deep seeded hatred for white people, where was the outrage from the white community? When Beck said he believed Obama is a racist, where was the outrage from the white community? When Rush Limbaugh referred to Obama and Halle Berry as ďHalfrakin AmericansĒ, where was the outrage from the white community?

The fact is, the ďblack communityĒ is comprised of a lot of individuals with various view points, ideologies, and life styles. Just like whites, they do not necessarily act or react as a collective.

Kanye West, who, by the way, is only an entertainer, said what HE believed. That doesnít mean the ďblack communityĒ was required to comment on it, support it, or be outraged by it.

I say there is more racism in the balck community than there is in the white one.

I think if you would ask most black people, they would tell you just the opposite. So, whoís right? Each side tends to overlook, down play, or rationalize racism perpetrated by members of their own group. For every antidotal incident of black racism you can present, there can just as easily be one of white racism presented. But, what would that prove? The truth is, racism is still pervasive on both sides. Trying to determine which one is the most racist seems a bit ridiculous. The real problem is that racism is still prevalent in our society.

subroc
10-17-2009, 04:48 PM
...The truth is, racism is still pervasive on both sides. Trying to determine which one is the most racist seems a bit ridiculous. The real problem is that racism is still prevalent in our society.

I do not believe racism is a problem. If the racism is systemic, that is a problem. I do not believe it is systemic. I think our society has enough, more than enough, checks in place to prevent systemic racism. Individual racism is impossible to prevent. Trying to prevent it through thought police legislation like hate crime laws is ludicrous.

Roger Perry
10-17-2009, 05:30 PM

You have thrown out more than your fair share of insults and personal attacks. I do not believe how you are still allowed to make comments on this forum.

Franco
10-17-2009, 06:16 PM
And, when Glen Beck said Obama has exposed himself as someone with a deep seeded hatred for white people, where was the outrage from the white community? When Beck said he believed Obama is a racist, where was the outrage from the white community?

Obama did sit in Rev Wright's church for 20 years. That is cause enough for concern. Rev Wright is no different than lets say a David Duke. Can anyone imagine the outrage a political candidate would have endured if they attended a Duke rally? The liberal media looked the other way on that issue and that media is OK with reverse discrimination.

I can't comment on Limbaugh as I'm not a listener and don't know the context of what he was saying.

Blackstone
10-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Obama did sit in Rev Wright's church for 20 years. That is cause enough for concern. Rev Wright is no different than lets say a David Duke. Can anyone imagine the outrage a political candidate would have endured if they attended a Duke rally? The liberal media looked the other way on that issue and that media is OK with reverse discrimination.

I can't comment on Limbaugh as I'm not a listener and don't know the context of what he was saying.

There was not outrage about George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan & Bob Dole campaigning at Bob Jones University, a well know racist institution. Or what about President Reagan's long association and close friendship with Strom Thurman? Those should have been causes for concern as well? I guess the liberal media missed those, and the conservative media was ok with overt discrination.

Franco
10-17-2009, 09:15 PM
There was not outrage about George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan & Bob Dole campaigning at Bob Jones University, a well know racist institution. Or what about President Reagan's long association and close friendship with Strom Thurman? Those should have been causes for concern as well? I guess the liberal media missed those, and the conservative media was ok with overt discrination.

What a strech, your arguement is weak! Other than being a whacko Evangelical U, BJU intergrated not long after most U's. You would have to condem every political candidate that has step foot on a southern university! GWB, Ron Raegan and Bob Dole campaigned there decades after desegregation. Whereas, Obama was a member on Rev Wright's congregation up to a month before the election.

BTW, R Raegan had Rev Billy Graham as his spiritual mentor. Rev Graham broke form BJU in the 1950's and that break almost put BJU out of business.

Blackstone
10-18-2009, 12:26 AM
What a strech, your arguement is weak! Other than being a whacko Evangelical U, BJU intergrated not long after most U's. You would have to condem every political candidate that has step foot on a southern university! GWB, Ron Raegan and Bob Dole campaigned there decades after desegregation. Whereas, Obama was a member on Rev Wright's congregation up to a month before the election.

BTW, R Raegan had Rev Billy Graham as his spiritual mentor. Rev Graham broke form BJU in the 1950's and that break almost put BJU out of business.

I don't see where it is a stretch. Bob Jones University didn't allow blacks to enroll until '71 or '72, but they had to be married. BJU didn't allow unmarried black students until '75. However, BJU continued its policy banning interracial dating and marriage until 2000. That means the policy prohibiting interracial dating and marraige was still in place at the time Reagan, Bush & Dole campaigned there, not decades after.

So, if Billy Graham was Reagan's spiritual advisor, don't you think Reagan knew about BJU's discriminatory racial policies and its condemnation of Catholics before he campaigned there? Don't you think it should have been ďcause for concernĒ that he still decided to go?

It should have been because right after Reagan took office, he attempted to reverse the long-standing IRS policy of denying tax-exempt status to private schools that practice racial discrimination, and tried to grant an exemption to Bob Jones University. Ultimately, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the IRSí policy.

subroc
10-18-2009, 05:21 AM
Is this reverse racism or something else?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.48d4a7ee7157a03122c383175e63be4 f.161&show_article=1

luvalab
10-18-2009, 07:27 AM
Is this reverse racism or something else?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.48d4a7ee7157a03122c383175e63be4 f.161&show_article=1

This sounds like a bunch of mental children being petulant over meaningless grievances and slights. It sounds like poor listening skills and comments taken out of context. It sounds like people acting in a rash manner because for whatever reason they are feeling exposed or defensive or insecure.

Sounds like most (not all, but well more than half of) conversations about race.

Pete
10-18-2009, 08:35 AM
I am only guessing but I think the more non-racists are accused of racism the more they will become racists. Most normal people can see that their freedoms are being altered in the name of make believe racism.
It frustrates them ,,,so maby the next time All sharpton cries racism maby someone will crack him over the head with a bat. Then for sure that guy will be racist:rolleyes:

Why is it non racists seldom cry racism.

Wasnt there a senator Byrd that was a KKK member ,,yet liberals loved him. mmmmm
p

ErinsEdge
10-18-2009, 08:57 AM
Most normal people can see that their freedoms are being altered in the name of make believe racism. Why is it non racists seldom cry racism

Good stuff there Pete, but then I'm sure you are being "derisive".

Love how Obama is mocking before a crowd structured to laugh with him. Little does he realize a ever growing number of Americans don't like to be mocked in his ::being PC:: common tone.

Blackstone
10-18-2009, 12:30 PM
A couple of things strike me odd about this story.

1. Didnít the majority of students have to vote for her in order for her to win Homecoming Queen? If so, I would assume they saw pictures of her, and knew she was white before they voted for her. Iím sure there are some black students that donít like the fact that a white girl won Homecoming Queen at a traditionally black college, but thatís their problem. Obviously, the majority of the black students didnít have a problem with it.

2. How did everyone find out she sent a letter to Obama, and what the letter said? Did she leak it to other students and the press? How did the press get a copy of the letter (they were able to use quotes from it)? It kind of makes me wonder if she wasnít looking for a little publicity.

road kill
10-18-2009, 04:35 PM
First, what does Al Sharpton have to do with what Kanye West did? Maybe Sharpton would have had something to say if a white singer had done that to a black singer, and maybe he wouldn't. Unless it happens, we will never know for sure. You are just making an assumption. For all you know, Al Sharpton may have disapproved of what West did as well.

I cannot speak for Kanye West's true intentions, and unless he reveals them, no one else can either. As far as I'm concerned, this was just an act of stupidity, and there is no reason to bring race into it.

I think with the case the "Race Hustlers" have made against Rush, it no longer needs to have actually have happened!!

just sayin'......

Pete
10-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Good stuff there Pete, but then I'm sure you are being "derisive".

Nancy,, If I only new what derisive means:p:p
I'll go look it up ,,I promise:D

I often scratch my head with all the double standard stuff. Cant they hear themselves.
Thats why I consider blatant hypocrocy and chronic finger pointing as some type of mental disorder. And then have a man in his position crying about the right wing opposing him day in and day out along with the evil fox network brainwashing viewers.
I dont know, I get more disenfranchised with the going ons of our nations business more and more each day.
The patients are in charge of the asylum.
Lets hope the Myans were wrong and there will be someone else to put in office in 2013.

Pete

ErinsEdge
10-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Nancy,, If I only new what derisive means:p:p
I'll go look it up ,,I promise:D

Look up transparency too because I think the administration has that mixed up with smoke.

Matt McKenzie
10-18-2009, 08:00 PM
FWIW, there's no such thing as "reverse racism". That term drives me nuts. Most folks can't even define the word, "racism". If they could, they would realize that "reverse racism" makes no sense at all. And now, back to your originally programmed argument.

Pete
10-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Look up transparency too because I think the administration has that mixed up smoke

Straight from my Webster new age political dictionary
Transparacy,, 1 the act of transparacy,, 2 the art of hiding that which is transparant,, 3 oblique,fuzzy 4 or twisting facts so no one can see your intent.

No I'm not ridiculing or mocking:D Not my style

Pete

Hoosier
10-18-2009, 08:25 PM
You have thrown out more than your fair share of insults and personal attacks. I do not believe how you are still allowed to make comments on this forum.

I haven't found any of her posts offensive, but I'm not looking to fake being offended, to shut up anybody who disagrees with me.

Evan
10-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Meanwhile, another awe inspiring performance from "great quarterback", Donovan McNabb

#5 | QB | Eagles
22/46, 269 YDS - 0 TD's

Ooooooooooh!!!

Raiders win 13 to 9!

Evan

road kill
10-19-2009, 04:57 PM
All this was about is squashing ideology, period.
Any conservative would have been attacked.

The "Race Hustlers" have to protect their own!!

JDogger
10-19-2009, 10:17 PM
A thirteen page thread that covers the broad areas of sports, racism, politics, reverse racism, Rush, singers, outrage, interacial marriage, foreign aid, the NFL, free countries, zealots, falling on swords, what money can buy, liberalism/conservatism as mental disorders, rights, not rights, drugs yes or no, panty-waists, whiney snivelers, racists again, lock 'em up, the right/the left is racist, quote your source, pass the bong, UB?, distortion, truth, oxycontin,

I'm only up to page two... RTF...PP... gotta love it.

JD