PDA

View Full Version : DogDen-2 experience?

dnf777
10-15-2009, 08:18 PM
My dog ate his last house. (igloo style from TSC)
Any truth the the "chew-proof" claims by the DogDen houses?

TheBear
10-18-2009, 07:00 PM
I have 2 of them. The oldest is over 5 years old and still looks great. Great dog house.

Nate_C
10-20-2009, 11:35 PM
I have had 5. All great. Yes they are pretty much chew proof in that all the edges are metal which 99.9% of all dogs will not chew and the sides are round and wide so the dog cannot get there mouths on them. good temp control as well.

fetchtx
10-21-2009, 07:12 AM
I have used the Dog Den products for years. The older ALL METAL ones were the best, however when they went to plastic outside, they changed the metal roof and floors in them and used much thinner gauge galvanized metal. Floors rust quicker now and when I called them they informed me that dogs wet feet cause this as ya know gee water and urine on feet, even thou I wash runs, yep with water lots to keep any urine out of kennels, those pesky dogs can't resist walking on a wet run after washed, go figure. Owner refused to replace floors from this. Unfortunate decision on his part

Nate_C
10-21-2009, 11:02 AM
I have the plastic sided ones and haven't had that problem, oldest one is 5 years old now. I have my on salt treated supports and use hay and cedar in them though in the winter. That might help alot.

munsie
10-26-2009, 03:21 PM
I have the plastic sided ones and haven't had that problem, oldest one is 5 years old now. I have my on salt treated supports and use hay and cedar in them though in the winter. That might help alot.

I bought one in 2003 and it has endured the north Texas weather and regular use so far. Two dogs have used it and they both seem to prefer it over the plastic dogloo that I got at Petco before I bought the Dog Den 2.

I would be happy with it even if it started to show some significant wear by now, but it is still in good shape.

BTW, my current dog suns himself on the roof as well. So it is good if your dog likes to take a page from Snoopy's book.

Nate L
10-26-2009, 03:47 PM
I have two of the plastic/galvanized ones. 4 years old and no problems. If I'm not mistaken they are offering and all metal house again.