PDA

View Full Version : Elder Bush: Olbermann, Maddow are 'sick puppies'

Roger Perry
10-17-2009, 09:11 AM
Elder Bush: Olbermann, Maddow are 'sick puppies' (http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/20038)

October 17, 2009 - 6:26am

Top News (http://www.capitolhillblue.com/taxonomy/term/17)
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/files/101709bush.jpg

Former President George H.W. Bush says MSNBC entertainers Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow are "sick puppies" for the way they treat his son -- former President George W. Bush -- and other who don't agree with him.
The elder Bush, in an interview with CBS News, singled out the two liberal talk show hosts as examples of what he called an increasing lack of civility in politics.
"I don't like it," Bush said of the coarse tone of national debate. "The cables have a lot to do with it. It's not just the right. There are plenty of people on the left."
Maddow and Olbermann anchor MSNBC's nightly dishing of liberal opinion and often single out George W. Bush for harsh commentary and treatment. Although neither are trained journalists, the cable network bills their talkfests as "news" shows.
"The way they treat my son and anyone who's opposed to their point of view is just horrible," Bush said.
Bush told CBS that harsh, unrelenting criticism "should not be par for the course. To the degree it turns off one student or one person from serving, that's bad."
The former President was also critical of right-wing commentators for the way they treat current President Barack Obama. The attacks, he said, "crosses the lines of civility" but added that he did not think the majority of attacks from the right stemmed from racism.

subroc
10-17-2009, 09:26 AM
and the point in you posting this?

Roger Perry
10-17-2009, 09:32 AM
and the point in you posting this?

I was going to offer GHW Bush some cheese to go with the whine. Poor Georgie boy.

ducknwork
10-17-2009, 10:33 AM
He evenly criticized right wing media. Of course he was going to say more about MSNBC, he has a dog in that fight.

So back to the original question.

Your point?

Or is it like everything else you post: pointless?
________
StarrySky (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/StarrySky/)

ErinsEdge
10-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Obama is whining worse about Fox. "I've got one television station that is entirely devoted to attacking my administration."

dixidawg
10-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Can you imagine the uproar if ANY conservative commentator said something like this about a liberal?

On Tuesday’s Countdown show, MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann spewed bile at conservative commentator Michelle Malkin, accusing her of possessing "fascistic hatred," and comparing her to a "mashed-up bag of meat with lipstick on it."
During his show’s regular "Worst Person" segment, Olbermann attacked Malkin for her role in bringing attention to the recent controversy over school children in New Jersey singing a song about President Obama. Blaming the conservative commentator for death threats made against a woman who posted video of the children singing, Malkin was crudely slammed by Olbermann: "She received death threats and hate-filled voice mails all thanks to the total mindless, morally bankrupt, knee-jerk, fascistic hatred, without which Michelle Malkin would just be a big mashed-up bag of meat with lipstick on it."

BonMallari
10-17-2009, 10:59 AM
I was going to offer GHW Bush some cheese to go with the whine. Poor Georgie boy.

Your lack of respect for former President Bush speaks volumes...As a father I expect him to stick up for his son, as a former president he speaks the truth and is sticking up for the attack on the office Pres Bush 41 has served this country in very many ways , I respect that service very much..Olbermann is a sports anchor turned political commentator

JDogger
10-17-2009, 11:08 AM
An old joke says that when you wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty and the pig likes it.

Ring a bell?

Roger Perry
10-17-2009, 11:41 AM
He evenly criticized right wing media. Of course he was going to say more about MSNBC, he has a dog in that fight.

So back to the original question.

Your point?

Or is it like everything else you post: pointless?

Two sentences does not make it equal criticism

Pals
10-17-2009, 03:32 PM
The whiner in chief took to his web address this morning to complain again about how unfair it is to question his exaulted greatness. The man is biggest whiner there is Roger and he doesn't have one iota of class that GHB has-get over it. Do let us know when Dear Leader is going to stop campaigning and start acting like a president....

dixidawg
10-17-2009, 04:53 PM

I would say that all depends on the content of the two sentences......

Richard Halstead
10-17-2009, 04:55 PM
GE owns the NBC stations and GE CEO Jeffry Imholte doesn't want anything bad about President Obama. Imholte was appointed by Obama to the NY Federal Reserve.

Franco
10-17-2009, 09:27 PM
GE owns the NBC stations and GE CEO Jeffry Imholte doesn't want anything bad about President Obama. Imholte was appointed by Obama to the NY Federal Reserve.

Especially since GE is first in line for several multi-billion dollar green contracts.

Obama has GE/NBC/MSNBC in his pocket.

Transparency and change we can beleive in...my ass!

Bob Gutermuth
10-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Olberman is such a horses caboose that I even mute him when he is doing the sunday nite football lead in & halftime shows. He is typical of PMSNBC and the rest of the state run media, in Osama's pocket.

Goose
10-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Olberman is such a horses caboose that I even mute him when he is doing the sunday nite football lead in & halftime shows. He is typical of PMSNBC and the rest of the state run media, in Osama's pocket.

I take it one step further...on Sunday nights I'll wait until the game has already started before I'll turn it on. Olberbag never makes a visit to my house.

Remember when Costas and the rest of the Sunday night crew did their pregame and their halftime in the dark to make a statement about global warming and the need to conserve energy! I think they called it a green studio! What a hoot! I laughed my arse off that night.

road kill
10-19-2009, 11:31 AM
What are the "Sentence Rules??"

Just askin??:D

TXduckdog
10-19-2009, 06:36 PM

What about the current WH that WHINES about Fox News? Geez they have EVERY OTHER NEWS OUTFIT ON THE PLANET SUCKING UP TO THEM.

What's their freaking problem.