PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question

M&K's Retrievers
10-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Why should Congress pass a health care bill that over 50% of the country is against? Do they know what is best for us?

charly_t
10-22-2009, 12:05 AM
Why should Congress pass a health care bill that over 50% of the country is against? Do they know what is best for us?

NO, they are spending our money again.........which is the only thing they are any good at. I have not voted for a party (demo. or repub.) presidential candidate in many years. I have found a candidate to vote for in congress or the senate a few times but mostly have voted for the lesser of two evils. I
do not trust anyone who lives beyond their means (and mine). It shows very poor judgement. I may not be very smart but any of us old hill-billies know not to do that. We can not fix everything by throwing money at it even if we had it which we do not. It's time for some "tough love".........vote them all out next time their names comes up.
charly_t

JDogger
10-22-2009, 12:11 AM

What is your source for 50% against? Please don't cite WND. OK?

Bleeping regards,

JD

M&K's Retrievers
10-22-2009, 12:43 AM
What is your source for 50% against? Please don't cite WND. OK?

Bleeping regards,

JD

Rasmussen. Anything wrong with that?

JDogger
10-22-2009, 12:45 AM
Rasmussen. Anything wrong with that?

Yeah... ya could link it. Don't get lazy :p

JD

Ya see now, if ya make a statement ya gleaned from some source... cite that source... otherwise yer p*ssin' in the the wind. Ya know?
Well...I read it someplace... maybe Rasmussen...you look it it up...I'm to lazy to give you the link... I'll just 'quote' it and go on my way...

Pluck me...regards,

JD (please note smiley)

Julie R.
10-22-2009, 08:44 AM
The real question is why doesn't Congress include themselves in any plan they think is good enough for the rest of us?

ducknwork
10-22-2009, 08:49 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes:Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Get your head out of the sand.

Almost 50%
http://www.pollster.com/polls/us/healthplan.php#

2nd Paragraph
http://esciencenews.com/articles/2009/10/07/falling.public.support.health.care.reform.can.be.t urned.around

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/healthcare/september_2009/health_care_reform
________
Best portable vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/portable-vaporizers)

road kill
10-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Simple, straight answer:

Control!!

If they pass this, the Dem's will have us, forever!!

Roger Perry
10-22-2009, 09:24 AM
I believe those that already have a health insurance plan are against a health care bill. Those without it are for a health care bill.

road kill
10-22-2009, 09:32 AM
I believe those that already have a health insurance plan are against a health care bill. Those without it are for a health care bill.

HMMMMMM.....sort of like "gimmee mine?"

K G
10-22-2009, 09:53 AM
That's what got BHO elected..."promises".........

kg

Roger Perry
10-22-2009, 09:55 AM
Or, anything the Democrats come up with that will make the american people better off the Republicans are against because they did not do it first. After all, how could they when they are too busy making wars and reducing taxes for big business. Hmmmmmm

Evan
10-22-2009, 11:08 AM

JD"The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 54% are opposed to the plan."
"Currently, 24% Strongly Favor the legislative effort and 42% are Strongly Opposed."
"Just 36% of the nationís senior citizens favor the current legislative effort while 59% are opposed."
"Fifty-six percent (56%) of voters say passage of the plan will make the cost of health care go up while 18% say it will make costs go down."

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/healthcare/september_2009/health_care_reform

Now, go and read for yourself. Don't get lazy, now.

Evan

WaterDogRem
10-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Or, anything the Democrats come up with that will make the american people better off the Republicans are against because they did not do it first. After all, how could they when they are too busy making wars and reducing taxes for big business. Hmmmmmm

Oh that makes perfect sense now. why haven't we all understood your common sense approach? ;)
No way could they be against healthcare because 54% of Americans oppose the plan, right? (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/healthcare/september_2009/health_care_reform)
Even the Republicans understand that healthcare reform is needed, but ideas from them (like Ron Paul, Corker, etc.) are just ignored by certain types of people.

ducknwork
10-22-2009, 12:08 PM

Which people will be better off? The people who receive handouts will receive more handouts. The people who are paying for all this will essentially be penalized for their personal success.

Which group is more important to the continued success of America?
________
Weed Vaporizers (http://weedvaporizer.info/)

road kill
10-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Which people will be better off? The people who receive handouts will receive more handouts. The people who are paying for all this will essentially be penalized for their personal success.

Which group is more important to the continued success of America?

Simply put, the ones receiving the handouts are, more votes!!

Steve Amrein
10-22-2009, 01:36 PM

Wouldnt that make it 75 against 25 for it give or take a few million illeagles.

Lucky Seven
10-22-2009, 02:00 PM

Roger,

Reach between your legs, grab a good hold of your ears and pull your head out of your rear end.

US history:
World War I - Woodrow Wilson - Democrat
World War II - FDR - Democrat
Korean War - Truman - Democrat
Bay of Pigs - Kennedy - Democrat
Vietnam War - LBJ - Democrat
Grenada - Reagan - Republican
Persian Gulf War - Bush - Republican
Bosnia and Herzegovina - Clinton - Democrat
War on Terror - Bush - Republican

So 6 to 3, Democrats are the WINNERS!!!

Democrats have started more wars by a 2:1 margin

The numbers do show, Rebublican wars do cost more..... BUT Dem's wars are far more bloody and take more AMERICAN lives.

Chad

Bob Gutermuth
10-22-2009, 03:25 PM
The maoists and marxists who surround osama have decided that America is about to become a communist country. Socialized medicine is the first major step along that road. We who pay the bills nolonger have any say..

TXduckdog
10-22-2009, 03:26 PM

It's those "big businesses" that keep folks employed, not just they themselves but all the mom and pop subcontractors and suppliers.

Better off?...That may very well come back to haunt you.

Bob Gutermuth
10-22-2009, 03:42 PM
I was far better off under President Reagan than I will be under Barak Hussein Osama.

M&K's Retrievers
10-22-2009, 10:46 PM

JD

Ya see now, if ya make a statement ya gleaned from some source... cite that source... otherwise yer p*ssin' in the the wind. Ya know?
Well...I read it someplace... maybe Rasmussen...you look it it up...I'm to lazy to give you the link... I'll just 'quote' it and go on my way...

Pluck me...regards,

JD (please note smiley)

Silly me for assuming most were familar with Rasmussen :oops: Looks like others have done my job for me. Thanks!! :D

ducknwork
10-23-2009, 07:59 AM
Simply put, the ones receiving the handouts are, more votes!!

No, no, I said American success...;-)
________
Allergies Forums (http://www.health-forums.org/allergies/)

DSO
10-23-2009, 10:01 AM
I'd say Rasmussen is a pretty credible source. What say you southpaws out there?

Danny

YardleyLabs
10-23-2009, 10:16 AM
I'd say Rasmussen is a pretty credible source. What say you southpaws out there?

Danny
He is a very legitimate pollster with a decidedly conservative twist to how he words his questions and how he reports his results. However, his "bias" is consistent and therefore predictable relative to other polls. His methodology is based entirely on robo-calls. No interviewers are ever used. This reduces overall response rates and results in more negative responses on any issue than is found when human interviewers are used. Once again, this is a predictable bias. Overall he is probably one of the best 5-6 in the business.

DSO
10-23-2009, 11:02 AM
He is a very legitimate pollster with a decidedly conservative twist to how he words his questions and how he reports his results. However, his "bias" is consistent and therefore predictable relative to other polls. His methodology is based entirely on robo-calls. No interviewers are ever used. This reduces overall response rates and results in more negative responses on any issue than is found when human interviewers are used. Once again, this is a predictable bias. Overall he is probably one of the best 5-6 in the business.

I think I remember Rasmussen being about on the $ in the last presidential race. They consistently had Obama ahead if my memory serves me correctly. I Didn't realize they had a conservative slant. By the way... How can a pollster be viewed as "very legitimate" and "probably one of the best 5 or 6 in the business" if his polls are not fairly accurate? Not trying to be a wise guy... just seems that that legitimacy is likely a bi product of accuracy.

Danny

dnf777
10-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Roger,

Reach between your legs, grab a good hold of your ears and pull your head out of your rear end.

US history:
World War I - Woodrow Wilson - Democrat
World War II - FDR - Democrat
Korean War - Truman - Democrat
Bay of Pigs - Kennedy - Democrat
Vietnam War - LBJ - Democrat
Grenada - Reagan - Republican
Persian Gulf War - Bush - Republican
Bosnia and Herzegovina - Clinton - Democrat
War on Terror - Bush - Republican

So 6 to 3, Democrats are the WINNERS!!!

Democrats have started more wars by a 2:1 margin

The numbers do show, Rebublican wars do cost more..... BUT Dem's wars are far more bloody and take more AMERICAN lives.

Chad

You must read the FoxNews Textbook of History!
Do you honestly think FDR started WWII????

Not sure what you mean by "start". I think Hussein "started" the Gulf War by invading Kuwait. I think the terrorists "started" the WOT by flying planes into our buildings. Oh, and I think I remember something about the Japanese bombing a little naval base by the name of Pearl Harbor? (not that that started WWII, but it clinched our involvement)