PDA

View Full Version : Bail out??

road kill
10-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Here is a fair question.
If the Feds think top executives pay should be cut in these comoanies that received a bail out because they were going bankrupt, using there own logic, we should cut their pay!

The US Govt is in deep debt headed towards bankruptcy and they come to US, the taxpayers, over and over again to "bail them out!"

It's time they took a cut in pay and benefits, just like they have forced upon us!!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/33417281

WaterDogRem
10-22-2009, 10:51 AM
Too bad they won't give us the power to vote on their pay, instead of them deciding their pay scales/raises. Wonder if that would change things? These positions Should be about serving the people(their employers), not being an elitist, with very modest middle class (or lower) pay & benefits, peroid. They say the low & middle classes are the heart of American, so why should they not live like those classes too?

Hopefully the revolt will happen at the 2010 voting polls, by sending most of them home with the message that we'll not take this anymore.

ducknwork
10-22-2009, 11:05 AM
RK, according to your logic, would China be deciding the pay rate of our government employees you speak of?
________
oxygen vaporizer (http://oxygenvaporizer.com)

road kill
10-22-2009, 11:06 AM
RK, according to your logic, would China be deciding the pay rate of our government employees you speak of?

It looks more and more like that every day, doesn't it?

I mean who holds the paper on us now??

JDogger
10-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Too bad they won't give us the power to vote on their pay, instead of them deciding their pay scales/raises. Wonder if that would change things? These positions Should be about serving the people(their employers), not being an elitist, with very modest middle class (or lower) pay & benefits, peroid. They say the low & middle classes are the heart of American, so why should they not live like those classes too?

Hopefully the revolt will happen at the 2010 voting polls, by sending most of them home with the message that we'll not take this anymore.

Who exactly will we replace those in congress with, that we want to toss out next election? I assume you're running? The slates of candidates are already being formed. Are they any different? I think not. Bumping up the councilman to Mayor, the Mayor to Governor, the Governor to US Senate, the Senator to Presidential candidate, will that give us anything different?
Term limits sound good, but replacing the experienced with the novice may not serve us any better.

JD

road kill
10-23-2009, 06:55 AM
Who exactly will we replace those in congress with, that we want to toss out next election? I assume you're running? The slates of candidates are already being formed. Are they any different? I think not. Bumping up the councilman to Mayor, the Mayor to Governor, the Governor to US Senate, the Senator to Presidential candidate, will that give us anything different?
Term limits sound good, but replacing the experienced with the novice may not serve us any better.
JD

WOW!!

You voted for a "novice" for President but would not for Congress??!!??!!:shock:

WaterDogRem
10-23-2009, 10:28 AM

JD

Guess you like what Congress has been doing with our Country. Sad:(

JDogger
10-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Guess you like what Congress has been doing with our Country. Sad:(

I don't know how you got that interpretation. What I said was who are you going to replace them with? Some other politicians? How will that be a revolt?

JD

PS Stan, I didn't vote for Obama. I always vote third party if I have an option. Dems and repubs seem much the same to me. Dems a little less distasteful.

WaterDogRem
10-23-2009, 04:05 PM
I don't know how you got that interpretation. What I said was who are you going to replace them with? Some other politicians? How will that be a revolt?

JD

PS Stan, I didn't vote for Obama. I always vote third party if I have an option. Dems and repubs seem much the same to me. Dems a little less distasteful.

By voting out a good amount of current members will send a strong message to them all.

JDogger
10-23-2009, 04:50 PM
By voting out a good amount of current members will send a strong message to them all.

I wish you luck.

TXduckdog
10-23-2009, 09:17 PM
How about replacing the experienced with those that are willing to serve their constituents?

JDogger
10-23-2009, 10:10 PM
How about replacing the experienced with those that are willing to serve their constituents?

Good idea Tex. Who are they? Got any ideas?
Let's toss the bums out!
That'll work. Lets elect the last Mayor or Govenor to congress that screwed up. There's some change we can believe in.
We've been there, done that now. What do you suggest?
Whining on RTF/PP? That'll effect some change...Why don't you run for something?

JD

WaterDogRem
10-26-2009, 12:31 PM
Good idea Tex. Who are they? Got any ideas?
Let's toss the bums out!
That'll work. Lets elect the last Mayor or Govenor to congress that screwed up. There's some change we can believe in.
We've been there, done that now. What do you suggest?
Whining on RTF/PP? That'll effect some change...Why don't you run for something?

JD

Since you obviously don't believe we can make a difference by voting, because we'll just put a screw up mayor or governor into congress, why do you even vote? And especially why 3rd party, when you don't believe any change will come of it? What are you running for? What do you suggest?