PDA

View Full Version : Music As Torture

Gerry Clinchy
10-22-2009, 02:14 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/22/report-musicians-demand-release-songs-used-torture-gitmo-detainees/

Torture is NOT a laughing matter, but I couldn't help chuckling over this.

Just about every parent of a teenager could claim to have endured this kind of torture for hours ... days ... weeks ... months ... YEARS?

If my captor gave me a choice of torture methods, I think I'd choose the music kind.

Franco
10-22-2009, 02:20 PM
I think I'd rather stick an ice pick in my ear than listen to Michael Buble, Striesand or any Hip Hop! Today's country music would be a close second.

dnf777
10-22-2009, 03:25 PM
they used Michael Bolton to flush out Noriega back in the 80s or 90s.

Matt McKenzie
10-23-2009, 10:05 AM
Maybe my oldest son and his band could get a plush government job playing to terrorists. They play what I call, "Music to kill your mother to". I'm going to the release of their first EP tonight and I am really looking forward to leaving with my ears bleeding. ;-)

Blackstone
10-23-2009, 11:06 AM
I recently TRIED to watch a documentary on “No Wave” music. I had never heard of it, so I was interested to hear what it was about. It was the most abrasive compilation of noise I have ever heard. I had to turn it off. If there is music genre that could be used as a form of torture, that would be it!

Gerry Clinchy
10-23-2009, 11:12 AM
The gist of the article that started this thread was that musicians wanted to know what music was used as "torture". It would be interesting to know. The musicians filed a Freedom of Information request. Wouldn't it be a hoot if it turns out to be something like "God Bless the USA" :-)