PDA

View Full Version : So long, farewell, auf weidersehn......

TXduckdog
10-23-2009, 09:58 PM
I have so enjoyed the banter and the dialogue on this thread.

I just wish we could have all these discussions around the campfire with adult beveridge in hand. I firmly believe that most of us have a lot more in common than we think we do.

I leave tomorrow, for a short training module and then back into the breach for the 5th time. Hopefully, this is my last deployment....I'm simply getting too old for this crap. It's a young mans game these days....and my goal is to keep as many of these courageous young men as safe as possible while sticking it to the Taliban/Al Queda.

I believe in leading from the front.....so keep me in your prayers....that I would have clarity of judgement and not lack for decisiveness when the going gets tough.

I'll try and stick my nose in here in the coming months....you all take care. I'll be with the 10th Mtn Division.

Sergeant-Major T.

JDogger
10-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Thanx for your service Tex. Take good care.

JD

Cal09
10-23-2009, 10:16 PM
I will be keeping you in my prayers, and thanks.

M&K's Retrievers
10-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks for your comments and your service. Watch your a$$.

Lili Von Shtupp

Guy
10-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Thank you for your service. Because of men and women like you we are allowed to play with the dogs. Will add you into our prayers.

Nor_Cal_Angler
10-23-2009, 11:08 PM
TX...

Be strong, have courage, and stay safe...

Words do not and can not describe the gratitude I have for you and the men and women like you that put it on the line for us back here. I have faith that you will do as you say, and keep your troops safe in the face of danger and prevail when faced with evil.

I don't know if you are a person of faith, but I believe, I want you to know I will keep you in my thoughts and prayer's. If there is anything I can do please let me know, I will be looking forward to seeing you "pop" in on the boards when you can....

If you should find yourself in a tough spot for what ever reason remember this, it has helped me many times....

One night a man had a dream.
He dreamed he was walking along the beach
with the Lord.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.

For each scene,
he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand.
One belonged to him, and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed
that many times along the path of his life,
there was only one set of footprints.
He also noticed that it happened
at the very lowest
and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered him
and he questioned the Lord about it.

"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during
the most troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when I needed you the most
you would leave me."

The Lord replied,
"My precious, precious child,
I love you and would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then I carried you."

May God bless you and your troops and your and their families, keep you safe, and bring you home swiftly.

Jacob Conway...NCA

Pals
10-23-2009, 11:35 PM
You will be in my prayers! Stay safe and thank you for your service.

DSO
10-24-2009, 12:10 AM
Thank you for your service. Safe tour to you and your soldiers. Regardless of political differences, RTF'ers will ALWAYS support the members of our armed services. That's one of the things I respect most about our membership. IMPORTAINT!!! Please PM me your contact information once you are deployed. I'll PM you with my home email address. It would be an honor to send you and your soldiers some supplies from home. I really mean this. I still have a bottle of Kens syrup that I'm dying to give away! Thanks again for all that you do.

Be well, Danny

Hew
10-24-2009, 04:44 AM
Stay safe. Thanks so much for your service.

dnf777
10-24-2009, 04:44 AM
If you get a chance to hop on the net, send us your APO.....you can NEVER have too much Pogie-bait!

Stryker regards,
dave

cotts135
10-24-2009, 04:47 AM
Thanks for what you have sacrificed for this country. Please cya and get back safe.

Julie R.
10-24-2009, 05:22 AM
We'll miss your commentary here! Stop in from time to time if you can and heartfelt thanks for your service, this tour and the other 4 too. Send your address and/or email contact info when you get a chance along with any reports from the front lines. Anyone who likes Chesapeakes has to be a good guy! Be safe....heads up, heels down, kick on!

Paula Richard
10-24-2009, 06:44 AM
Sergeant-Major T:

God Bless you and all of the soldiers that serve our Country. Please relay to them that we are all behind them 100% and will never forget the sacrafices they make each day to keep us safe.

Many of us would like to have your address.

Stay safe,

Paula

Blackstone
10-24-2009, 07:07 AM
Thanks for your dedcated service to this country. Take care of yourself, and stay safe.

birdthrower51
10-24-2009, 07:26 AM
Thank you for your post, letting us all know you are heading back over seas. I do not know you, nor am I good at words, but I want to take this opportunity to say thank you, from my heart for what you, and all the great servicemen & women do for us. God Bless you, stay safe & kick a**!

Goose
10-24-2009, 08:11 AM
Shoot a bad guy for me and Goose but stay safe.

TXduckdog
10-24-2009, 08:17 AM
Thanks for all the kind thoughts....will get an address out as soon as is possible.

DNF....pogie-bait is good...I'll let you explain. I've grown a beard and brushed up on my farsi/arabic, have some new electronic gadgets to play with.....catch my drift?

The very hardest part is parting with my hounds. Thankfully.....very generous folks have come forward and all 3 have found very good homes that will keep them safe till I get back. You know who you are....words cannot express the depth of my gratitude.

Take care, all.

Gerry Clinchy
10-24-2009, 08:19 AM
Stay safe, Sergeant-Major T. They prayers of many will be with you.

dnf777
10-24-2009, 08:47 AM
DNF....pogie-bait is good...I'll let you explain. I've grown a beard and brushed up on my farsi/arabic, have some new electronic gadgets to play with.....catch my drift?

Take care, all.

Roger that! Stay safe brother!

Pete
10-24-2009, 10:02 AM
TXDUCKDOG

Thank you for your service and preserving our freedoms. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers alot. We will all await your return to RTF
Keep your wits about you and watch your top knot,,
Now go kick some raghead ass

Pete Eromenok

twall
10-24-2009, 04:15 PM
I will miss your dogged determination and defense of your beliefs. I'm glad we have men and women like you defending our great country.

You and your unit will be in my prayers.

God bless,

Tom

YardleyLabs
10-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Take care of yourself and thanks for your service.

Eric Johnson
10-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Don't know if you'll receive this or not. Thanks for your service and particularly for protecting the lives and safety of the young soldiers that you lead.

Eric

Skybuster
10-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Hey Tex, prayers on the way.... Sock it to 'em, Brother, and take care of yourself and your guys. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your patriotism and service.

road kill
10-25-2009, 03:40 PM
I have so enjoyed the banter and the dialogue on this thread.

I just wish we could have all these discussions around the campfire with adult beveridge in hand. I firmly believe that most of us have a lot more in common than we think we do.

I leave tomorrow, for a short training module and then back into the breach for the 5th time. Hopefully, this is my last deployment....I'm simply getting too old for this crap. It's a young mans game these days....and my goal is to keep as many of these courageous young men as safe as possible while sticking it to the Taliban/Al Queda.

I believe in leading from the front.....so keep me in your prayers....that I would have clarity of judgement and not lack for decisiveness when the going gets tough.

I'll try and stick my nose in here in the coming months....you all take care. I'll be with the 10th Mtn Division.

Sergeant-Major T.
Duty, Honor, Country!!
Thanks from team Elvis.

I feel better knowing men like you have got my back!!
We can never repay you enough.

stan b!!

ducknwork
10-26-2009, 06:30 AM
Thanks for what you do, Tex. Stay safe. We'll be thinking about you and praying for you.
________
Black Cock (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/293/cock/videos/1)

zeus3925
10-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Thanks Tex, for your service! Stay safe!

Sundown49 aka Otey B
10-26-2009, 07:31 PM
As a former CO in the Army the most important man in my company was my First Sergent. He basicly kept all of us safe with his knowledge. Sound like you will have a bunch depending on you also. GOD SPEED and be safe.

Hoosier
10-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Thanks Tex, stay safe, and give em hell. Keep in touch, I always like reading your posts.