PDA

View Full Version : American Ingenuity

Gerry Clinchy
10-29-2009, 02:13 PM
It is really exciting to read of American innovation
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/29/technology/companies/29moto.html?pagewanted=1&th&emc=th

Now, if they could just keep the manufacturing here as well, it would be perfect.

It always amazes me that if US can produce minds like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and the engineers at Motorola ... why can't we also produce the minds like for the legislative sector? Visionary, pragmatic problem-solvers ... minds that find new ways to "skin a cat". Also interesting that the strong "leadership" comes from a CEO from another culture, but imbued with a real "fix it" attitude. Knows his business, and makes decisions based on very detailed knowledge of the product.

Do those on the forum have "nominees" for such people for our legislatures? We all seem to have plenty of nominees for the "dirt pile", but only a very few of the "other" type.

No wonder Verizon Wireless was trying to give me a free phone last week :-) Glad I decided to wait on that.

I might say, while I'm not fond of the design of my Motorola Razr, I've dropped it more times than I can count; the battery cover is held in place by scotch tape for that reason; but it still works very well!

Buzz
10-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Is this why my apple stock is taking a dump after reporting a huge quarter?

Another iPhone killer... :rolleyes: