PDA

View Full Version : About time!

dnf777
10-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Hopefully the Birthers are in their "last throes" with this dismissal! Of all the legit issues to call Obama out on, this really was silly and counterproductive to conservative momentum. Maybe now the opposition party can move forward with real, constructive, shaping of policy. It's hard to be taken seriously when you let kooks run the shop!

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/10/29/judge-dismisses-suit-about-obamas-eligibility-to-be-president/

Born in the USA regards
Dave

Bob Gutermuth
10-29-2009, 08:08 PM
I hope not, it would be a great way to boot the messiah out of office early. If he was really born in America why is he afraid to produce the certification??????????????

Pete
10-29-2009, 08:59 PM
According to a couple of talking heads today it wouldnt matter if he was a citizen or not because he got the majority vote:rolleyes:

Pete

ducknwork
10-29-2009, 09:50 PM
According to a couple of talking heads today it wouldnt matter if he was a citizen or not because he got the majority vote:rolleyes:

Pete

I think a little thing called the Constitution might say that his citizenship (or lack of) would matter.
________
Airsoft Pistols (http://airsoft-shop.info/tag/pistols)

JDogger
10-29-2009, 11:02 PM
I think a little thing called the Constitution might say that his citizenship (or lack of) would matter.

Yawn...well since no case has been made...is it time to let it go? Or, would you prefer to make the conservative/republican movement continue to look silly?

JD

Hew
10-30-2009, 12:49 AM
Hopefully the Birthers are in their "last throes" with this dismissal! The dismissal was because the court didn't have jurisdiction; not because proof of his citizenship was established by the court. I suspect to those who doubt his citizenship the ruling doesn't mean squat. Of all the legit issues to call Obama out on, this really was silly and counterproductive to conservative momentum. Maybe now the opposition party can move forward with real, constructive, shaping of policy. Name a few Repbulican leaders or conservative writers/leaders who put any stock in the birther movement. You can't because they don't. Tying birthers to conservatism or Republicans is as silly as linking 911 Truthers to Democrats/Liberals. It's hard to be taken seriously when you let kooks run the shop!

dnf777
10-30-2009, 05:04 AM
Name a few Repbulican leaders or conservative writers/leaders who put any stock in the birther movement. You can't because they don't. Tying birthers to conservatism or Republicans is as silly as linking 911 Truthers to Democrats/Liberals."

So are you throwing these kooks under the bus? I hope so.
BTW, I said this was counterproductive to the conservative movement...not that it represented mainstream republican ideals. IMHO, Michael Steele, and other annointed leaders of mainstream conservatism SHOULD do as you imply, and point out that these are fringe elements that DONT represent the republican party.
And by "letting kooks run the shop", I'm referring to the sum total of air time that varioius elements of the republican party have gained. I'm sure the MSM will get blamed, and that may be valid, but I'd figure a way to keep those idiots off the air. It ain't helping 2010 or 2012!

Hew
10-30-2009, 08:33 AM
So are you throwing these kooks under the bus? I hope so.
BTW, I said this was counterproductive to the conservative movement...not that it represented mainstream republican ideals. You said, "Maybe now the opposition party can move forward with real, constructive, shaping of policy." Sounded to me like you were saying the Republican Party was so invested in Birtherism that it was doing anything else. IMHO, Michael Steele, and other annointed leaders of mainstream conservatism SHOULD do as you imply, and point out that these are fringe elements that DONT represent the republican party. Why should he do that? Did Howard Dean point out that Truthers don't represent Democrats?
And by "letting kooks run the shop", I'm referring to the sum total of air time that varioius elements of the republican party have gained. OK, you're still implying that the Birther movement is some element/component of the GOP. Can you name any prominent GOP politician/policy maker (you know, someone high up the food chain...a "kook who runs the shop" if you will) who is involved in spreading the word that Obama isn't a citizen? If anything, the Birthers are pissed at the GOP because they have run from addressing the Birther's issues.
//////////////

ducknwork
10-30-2009, 08:34 AM
Yawn...well since no case has been made...is it time to let it go? Or, would you prefer to make the conservative/republican movement continue to look silly?

JD

Yawn... I love it when a lib can't read and takes an opportunity to (incorrectly) be a smartass. Would you like to continue to make liberals look silly, or would you like to stop making incorrect inferences while ignoring context clues that point directly to something else just to attempt prove a point?

If you will re read the post that I quoted, apparently there are some who said that even if he wasn't a citizen, it wouldn't matter due to the fact that he got the majority of the vote.

I clearly did not say that I think it should continue. Think what you want. Although, you do have to admit it is strange when someone who has 'nothing to hide' won't prove that they have nothing to hide. Kinda like pleading the fifth...
________
Colorado medical marijuana (http://colorado.dispensaries.org/)

ducknwork
10-30-2009, 08:37 AM
Can you name any prominent GOP politician/policy maker (you know, someone high up the food chain...a "kook who runs the shop" if you will) who is involved in spreading the word that Obama isn't a citizen?

He is probably referring to WND, Rush and Beck.:rolleyes: After all, they do 'run the shop' according to all the liberals...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
________
Home made vaporizer (http://homemadevaporizers.info/)

dnf777
10-30-2009, 12:27 PM
//////////////

NOW who can't live in the present?? When was Dean last in charge???
I don't give a rat's A$$ what howard dean does. I'm just saying it would do republicans good to shed the notion that they are in any way associated or support the kook element. I'd hate to see their numbers go below the ~20% they're at right now, of Americans who admit they're republican. We need at least two parties, preferably three.

Ducknwork: do you deny that Rush and Beck have a widely heard voice that is influential withing the republican party?? When the RNC chairman has to apologize to him, I'd say he holds some form of leadership ability. Again, I personally don't care WHAT any of them say, do, or don't do. Let them keep doing what they're doing, and they'll end up in the same position in 2010 and 2012. Right now, they're so focused on preventing health care reform, I doubt they have time for this.

Hew
10-30-2009, 12:38 PM
First the GOP is consumed with Birthernism:

Originally Posted by dnf777 http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?p=518825#post518825)
Maybe now the opposition party can move forward with real, constructive, shaping of policy. It's hard to be taken seriously when you let kooks run the shop!

And then they're too busy being obstructionists to pay attention to the Birthers:

Let them keep doing what they're doing, and they'll end up in the same position in 2010 and 2012. Right now, they're so focused on preventing health care reform, I doubt they have time for this.
And your final answer is.....what?

ducknwork
10-30-2009, 01:04 PM
dnf, I don't disagree that they have a widely heard voice that is influential to some. But they certainly don't run the party any more than Maddow, Matthews, or Olberman do. They are radio/TV hosts, not politicians.
________
Blonde Redhead (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/321/redhead/videos/1)

dnf777
10-30-2009, 01:13 PM
First the GOP is consumed with Birthernism:

And then they're too busy being obstructionists to pay attention to the Birthers:

And your final answer is.....what?

Didn't say the GOP is consumed with birtherism. Said an element is. In fact, went out of my way to make that distinction. You need to read more carefully, and not put words in people's posts.

The birthers and senatorial leadership are not the same entity. I can't believe I need explain that to you! Like it or not, the birthers are a fringe element with a loud voice, that I think is doing more harm than good for the republican party.

That's just an observation...from an independent who watched the republicans get their hat handed to them last year. Like Duckenwork pointed out, those talking heads are NOT leadership. They HAVE NO leadership currently. Who would YOU say republicans should look to for guidance leading up to 2010?

JDogger
10-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by JDogger http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?p=518630#post518630)

JD

Yawn... I love it when a lib can't read and takes an opportunity to (incorrectly) be a smartass. Would you like to continue to make liberals look silly, or would you like to stop making incorrect inferences while ignoring context clues that point directly to something else just to attempt prove a point?

If you will re read the post that I quoted, apparently there are some who said that even if he wasn't a citizen, it wouldn't matter due to the fact that he got the majority of the vote.

I clearly did not say that I think it should continue. Think what you want. Although, you do have to admit it is strange when someone who has 'nothing to hide' won't prove that they have nothing to hide. Kinda like pleading the fifth...

You make my point so eloquently?

JD

ducknwork
10-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by JDogger http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?p=518630#post518630)

JD

You make my point so eloquently?

JD

Really? How so?

JDogger
10-30-2009, 11:11 PM
Really? How so?

You figure it out. Maybe someone will 'splain it to you. Maybe not. Either way it doesn't really matter much. It's just so much PP bushido.

Don't take things so seriously.

Enjoy your weekend,

and if you get a chance to hunt, hunt hard.

JD

ducknwork
10-31-2009, 06:01 AM
You figure it out. Maybe someone will 'splain it to you. Maybe not. Either way it doesn't really matter much. It's just so much PP bushido.

Don't take things so seriously.

Enjoy your weekend,

and if you get a chance to hunt, hunt hard.

JD

Wish I was hunting...Gotta work.:(

Pete
10-31-2009, 08:30 AM
Although he has never produced a birth certificate he has produced a shadow government mmmmmmm

Pete

dnf777
10-31-2009, 11:37 AM
Although he has never produced a birth certificate he has produced a shadow government mmmmmmm

Pete

That is hilarious....even congressional subpeonos and court orders couldn't get Mr. Cheney or his cronies to testify. couldn't make up his mind if he was an executive branch employee, or congressional? Whatever fit the current scandal's needs!

We still don't know what all went on. Not that we need to in all cases, but to sit back happily for the past 8 years, and now all the sudden have a conniption over gov't secrecy?? Sorry, not buyin' it!

Pete
10-31-2009, 11:59 AM
That is hilarious....even congressional subpeonos and court orders couldn't get Mr. Cheney or his cronies to testify. couldn't make up his mind if he was an executive branch employee, or congressional? Whatever fit the current scandal's needs!

We still don't know what all went on. Not that we need to in all cases, but to sit back happily for the past 8 years, and now all the sudden have a conniption over gov't secrecy?? Sorry, not buyin' it

Hmmm
Czars working through the wee hours to commit unconstitutional acts of treason

Dont you listen to talk radio?
I know the world is full of links that say otherwise.

Pete

dnf777
10-31-2009, 01:08 PM
Hmmm
Czars working through the wee hours to commit unconstitutional acts of treason

Dont you listen to talk radio?
I know the world is full of links that say otherwise.

Pete

Treason? The only treasonous activity I've heard lately is secessionist talk from Rick Perry. At last count, Obama and Bush were about equal with the Czar count. (I never liked that choice of terms, but I guess Nixon was the first US Potus to appoint one??)

I do listen to XM radio, but lately its been mostly the classic radio channel, and old Gunsmoke episodes. Ah, the good ol' days!

Pete
10-31-2009, 01:43 PM
I do listen to XM radio, but lately its been mostly the classic radio channel, and old Gunsmoke episodes. Ah, the good ol' days

I guess my point is that you cant trust words only actions.
You don't have to look at many issues to understand whats going on.
Ever here much on border control,,,I wonder why,,actually I don't.

Pete

dnf777
10-31-2009, 02:04 PM
I guess my point is that you cant trust words only actions.
You don't have to look at many issues to understand whats going on.
Ever here much on border control,,,I wonder why,,actually I don't.

Pete

I'm with you on that. NO president has been serious about border control in my lifetime. I have nothing against Mexico, or anyone trying to improve their lot in life like my ancestors did, but you have to do it legally. And, there's a big difference between the early 20th century and today. Namely, about 200 million more people, and not enough jobs for the ones we already have.

Pete
11-01-2009, 08:18 AM
I'm with you on that. NO president has been serious about border control in my lifetime. I have nothing against Mexico, or anyone trying to improve their lot in life like my ancestors did, but you have to do it legally. And, there's a big difference between the early 20th century and today. Namely, about 200 million more people, and not enough jobs for the ones we already have.

Pete