PDA

View Full Version : Palin book tour avoids Democratic strongholds

Roger Perry
11-04-2009, 03:27 PM
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Sarah Palin's book tour is a gift for her base.
No stops are planned in Seattle, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Los Angeles and other major cities and book-buying communities that are standard for authors on the road, but where the voters tend to be Democrats.
Beyond a Nov. 16 television interview with Oprah Winfreyhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2.gif (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33611944/ns/today-today_books/#), nothing is scheduled for Chicago. New York will feature media appearances only. Instead, the itinerary for Palin, whose "Going Rogue" comes out Nov. 17, includes Noblesville, Ind.; Washington, Pa.; and Rochester, N.Y.

Looks like Ms. Palin is hitting all the big metropoulos areas on her book tour.

K G
11-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Can I see a show of hands of anyone here who GIVES a RRRA?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller????

:rolleyes: regards,

kg

subroc
11-04-2009, 04:48 PM
newsflash!!!!

Salesman fails to go to the north pole to sell ice to eskimos.

code3retrievers
11-04-2009, 04:55 PM
At least he's dealing with a current event!

Roger Perry
11-04-2009, 05:47 PM
At least he's dealing with a current event!

Most things I post are current events, however some are current events of old subjects with new information coming out about them.

K G
11-04-2009, 09:52 PM
That no one gives a RRRA about...

kg

JDogger
11-04-2009, 11:09 PM
That no one gives a RRRA about...

kg

Congrats Roger, Looks like you struck a major vein. Two posts by KG outta five, I think he's feelin' biffed by SP ya know, kinda like he hadda date and she stood 'em up. I hope she continues endorsing R. candidates...black widow regards...,

JD

Evan
11-05-2009, 06:52 AM
At least he's dealing with a current event!I agree it's current. But is it really an event?

I do appreciate that hasn't blamed Bush........yet.

Evan

ducknwork
11-05-2009, 07:30 AM
I do appreciate that hasn't blamed Bush........yet.

Evan

Don't lose the faith!

From a business perspective, why would she want to go to very strong liberal areas? Would it not be a wise business decsion to spend the money to visit areas of the country where her sales would be higher? After all, she is trying to make money with by pimping her book!

road kill
11-05-2009, 07:36 AM
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Sarah Palin's book tour is a gift for her base.
No stops are planned in Seattle, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Los Angeles and other major cities and book-buying communities that are standard for authors on the road, but where the voters tend to be Democrats.
Beyond a Nov. 16 television interview with Oprah Winfreyhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2.gif (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33611944/ns/today-today_books/#), nothing is scheduled for Chicago. New York will feature media appearances only. Instead, the itinerary for Palin, whose "Going Rogue" comes out Nov. 17, includes Noblesville, Ind.; Washington, Pa.; and Rochester, N.Y.

Looks like Ms. Palin is hitting all the big metropoulos areas on her book tour.
Yeah Rog, these places are not the "REAL AMERICA," are they.
I mean they don't really count, do they??:D

Pete
11-05-2009, 08:58 AM
All major cities are predominant liberal. So if she had her book signing in the middle of nowhere ,,,where it is predominantly conservative then you can say she was avoiding libs. You cant blame her for avoiding them,,,,many of them will drive a person nuts with their insanity.

So tell me ,,,why is Barak Obama avoiding the presidency.

Pete

Roger Perry
11-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Congrats Roger, Looks like you struck a major vein. Two posts by KG outta five, I think he's feelin' biffed by SP ya know, kinda like he hadda date and she stood 'em up. I hope she continues endorsing R. candidates...black widow regards...,

JD

Yea, KG said I was the "Eeyore" of POTUS place. I tried looking up eeyore in the dictionary and could not find it there. I know KG is a stickler for spelling because in the past he chastised numerous people for their spelling.

ducknwork
11-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Yea, KG said I was the "Eeyore" of POTUS place. I tried looking up eeyore in the dictionary and could not find it there. I know KG is a stickler for spelling because in the past he chastised numerous people for their spelling.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for the laugh!!:p:p That's honestly the funniest thing I have read on the internet in a loooong time.

You dummy.:D Eeyore is from Winnie the Pooh.
http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr104/sedwards_08/eeyore1.jpg
http://curtharding.wordpress.com/2009/09/
'You remember the Winnie-the-Pooh cartoons. Tigger is hilarious. He bounces around and giggles at life’s nuttiness every day. He’s just plain silly. Eeyore is sort of a downer, a sad-sack. Each day he walks around with a dark rain cloud hovering over him. Ask him how he is and he’ll respond with a low-key mumble, “Ohhhh all right I guess.”'

Glad to know you don't have kids...;)

j/k

Julie R.
11-05-2009, 10:27 AM
LMAO...I don't have kids, and even I remember poor ole Eeyore. Now we know why Roger's so bitter, he had a deprived childhood. Mama didn't ever read him Winnie the Pooh stories :black:

JDogger
11-05-2009, 10:46 AM

If you are indeed the eeyore of PP, then KG is certainly the heffalump;-)

Bob Gutermuth
11-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Gov Palin not visiting bastions of liberalism makes lots of sense. If I had written a book about hunting, I certainly wouldn't try to peddle it infront of PETA HQ.

ducknwork
11-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Gov Palin not visiting bastions of liberalism makes lots of sense. If I had written a book about hunting, I certainly wouldn't try to peddle it infront of PETA HQ.

Where's your sense of adventure? Sounds like it could be fun...:D

Jim Wetzler
11-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Roger,
what's the difference between her visiting liberal strongholds and your president being seen on Fox?
Kinda the same don't you think?

paul young
11-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Yeah Rog, these places are not the "REAL AMERICA," are they.
I mean they don't really count, do they??:D

they certainly do count......

just not if you want to sell a lot of books.

if i wanted to sell A LOT OF hamburgers, i wouldn't set up in a small town. must be the "Rogue" in her coming out. no other real explanation for it.

it would probably make a pretty good manual for politicians who don't want to get elected or re-elected, though.-Paul

Evan
11-05-2009, 12:42 PM
they certainly do count......

just not if you want to sell a lot of books.

if i wanted to sell A LOT OF hamburgers, i wouldn't set up in a small town. must be the "Rogue" in her coming out. no other real explanation for it.

it would probably make a pretty good manual for politicians who don't want to get elected or re-elected, though.-PaulWow! From a non-event to waxing scientific! Great stuff here.

How many of you are in business, and spend your advertising budget on ads not directed toward your target market? Is this really that abstract for you lefties?

Perhaps Lardy should take out a Total Retriever ad in Popular Mechanics so as not to duck the wrench-turning market, eh?

Evan

subroc
11-05-2009, 06:47 PM
...if i wanted to sell A LOT OF hamburgers, i wouldn't set up in a small town. must be the "Rogue" in her coming out. no other real explanation for it.

it would probably make a pretty good manual for politicians who don't want to get elected or re-elected, though.-Paul

I guess if I wanted to sell a lot of hamburgers, I wouldn't try to sell them to vegetarians.

paul young
11-05-2009, 08:04 PM
are there really that few republicans/conservatives that they have holed up in only those cities??(chuckling!)-Paul

paul young
11-05-2009, 08:15 PM
funny a pre-eminent trainer/author like yourself would use Mike Lardy as an example, don't you think, Evan?

but i happen to think Mr. Lardy is a pretty good marketer of his books and videos, so i fail to see your point. his materials are used by people in every state and many people in other countries, as well.

by comparison, i think Sarah has a lot to learn about selling books. i would think her market would be anyone who reads books.-Paul

Raymond Little
11-05-2009, 08:41 PM
funny a pre-eminent trainer/author like yourself would use Mike Lardy as an example, don't you think, Evan?

but i happen to think Mr. Lardy is a pretty good marketer of his books and videos, so i fail to see your point. his materials are used by people in every state and many people in other countries, as well.

by comparison, i think Sarah has a lot to learn about selling books. i would think her market would be anyone who reads books.-Paul
Hasn't most everyone one in San Fran read "Das Kapital"?:rolleyes:

dixidawg
11-05-2009, 09:04 PM
What's the chance it will be in Oprah's book club? She really ought to work on that angle if she wants to move some product..

Have we seriously fallen to the point of arguing about how someone decides to market a book?

K G
11-06-2009, 08:21 AM

JD

That was two out of SIX, JDog...you're not math-challenged, are you? ;-)

Been a LOOOONG time since I've given a RRRA about anyone's spelling, Roger...but as attached to the past as you are, this comment is not surprising...I spelled it correctly for you so THAT's no excuse...and I cannot BELIEVE you didn't try your #1 reference source for Eeyore info....:-)

If you are indeed the eeyore of PP, then KG is certainly the heffalump;-)

Au contrar....I LIKE going to birthday parties...and here's your heffalump primer, JDog...you're welcome...:cool: In the fifth chapter of Winnie-the-Pooh, Pooh and Piglet attempt bravely to capture a heffalump in a trap. However, no heffalumps are ever caught in their trap, and indeed they never meet a heffalump in the course of the books. The sole actual appearance of heffalumps in the books come as Pooh tries to put himself to sleep: "[H]e tried counting Heffalumps [but] every Heffalump that he counted was making straight for a pot of Pooh's honey ... [and] when the five hundred and eighty-seventh Heffalumps were licking their jaws, and saying to themselves, 'Very good honey this, I don't know when I've tasted better', Pooh could bear it no longer." We learn nothing more about the nature of the beasts in the writings.

What's the chance it will be in Oprah's book club? She really ought to work on that angle if she wants to move some product..

Have we seriously fallen to the point of arguing about how someone decides to market a book?

That only the farthest RIGHT of the RIGHT (and hockey moms) will give a RRRA about....;-) Yes, this is what the farthest LEFT of the LEFT finds most interesting in today's world....

Status quo regards,

kg

paul young
11-06-2009, 08:35 AM
only in passing, Keith.

what i REALLY find interesting is that the republican party and those that voted for her thought she would make a good Vice-President, AND THAT MANY ON HERE CONTINUE TO THINK SO....-Paul

JDogger
11-06-2009, 10:01 AM
That was two out of SIX, JDog...you're not math-challenged, are you? ;-)

I didn't count the thread starter. My bad.

In the fifth chapter of Winnie-the-Pooh, Pooh and Piglet attempt bravely to capture a heffalump in a trap. However, no heffalumps are ever caught in their trap, and indeed they never meet a heffalump in the course of the books. The sole actual appearance of heffalumps in the books come as Pooh tries to put himself to sleep: "[H]e tried counting Heffalumps [but] every Heffalump that he counted was making straight for a pot of Pooh's honey ... [and] when the five hundred and eighty-seventh Heffalumps were licking their jaws, and saying to themselves, 'Very good honey this, I don't know when I've tasted better', Pooh could bear it no longer." We learn nothing more about the nature of the beasts in the writings.

KG quoting directly from wikipedia and not giving credit...? More like a woozle than a heffalump. :p

I am aware that woozles are not illustrated in the original books, but heffalumps and woozles appear in later Disney productions and are depicted as elephants and weasels.

JD

Roger Perry
11-06-2009, 10:06 AM
I didn't count the thread starter. My bad.

KG quoting directly from wikipedia and not giving credit...? More like a woozle than a heffalump. :p

I am aware that woozles are not illustrated in the original books, but heffalumps and woozles appear in later Disney productions and are depicted as elephants and weasels.

JD

KG quoting Wikipedia? Tell me it aint so.

By the way, I never read Whinnie the Phoo guess it must be advanced reading material. :rolleyes:

JDogger
11-06-2009, 10:16 AM
By the way, I never read Whinnie the Phoo guess it must be advanced reading material. :rolleyes:

Roger, are you telling us you avoid advanced reading material? :rolleyes:

Thought I'd say it before someone else did.;)

JD

Gerry Clinchy
11-06-2009, 10:42 AM
what i REALLY find interesting is that the republican party and those that voted for her thought she would make a good Vice-President, .-

I think many people voted in Nov 08 while holding their nose, & marking their ballots for what they believed might be the least of the evils in the choices offered to them.

subroc
11-06-2009, 11:44 AM
...what i REALLY find interesting is that the republican party and those that voted for her thought she would make a good Vice-President, AND THAT MANY ON HERE CONTINUE TO THINK SO....-Paul

democrats and obama right back at ya...

ducknwork
11-06-2009, 11:45 AM

If it doesn't have pictures or require crayons, forget it. Rog will avoid it like the plague.:p

paul young
11-06-2009, 12:16 PM
maybe you'll get the chance to vote for her again, Joe.

who knows, if she wins, she might even serve a full term instead of quitting.-Paul

Roger Perry
11-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDogger http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?p=521509#post521509)

If it doesn't have pictures or require crayons, forget it. Rog will avoid it like the plague.:razz:

Yea, I missed reading our pet goat also.
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/F/Z/2/bush-library-tt090113.jpg (http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/F/Z/2/bush-library-tt090113.jpg)

subroc
11-06-2009, 06:49 PM
maybe you'll get the chance to vote for her again, Joe.

who knows, if she wins, she might even serve a full term instead of quitting.-Paul

Maybe I will get the chance and maybe I will vote for her.

But, I doubt very much that she is running for anything. I expect the canard that she is running offers the left another reason to continue to fuel their hate.

But in the end first we will have a primary process populated with communists, left wing zealots, right wing zealots, centrists, independents and republicans. Hopefully, a good candidate will rise from that and I will get a choice.

On the other side there will be an incumbent president.

So I guess I will ask you, when that happens, will obama get your vote again?

JDogger
11-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Maybe I will get the chance and maybe I will vote for her.

But, I doubt very much that she is running for anything. I expect the canard that she is running offers the left another reason to continue to fuel their hate.

But in the end first we will have a primary process populated with communists, left wing zealots, right wing zealots, centrists, independents and republicans. Hopefully, a good candidate will rise from that and I will get a choice.

On the other side there will be an incumbent president.

So I guess I will ask you, when that happens, will obama get your vote again?

What if? what if?... there was a candidate in 2012 you could vote for? Who would that be? Does such a candidate even appear on the horizon?
A candidate with the charisma, the political savvy, to turn around the world as it has become? I would vote for such a candidate myself, even with the knowledge that we might have turned the corner to the true fascism that you falsely decry.
Can you give me a true option? Or, just an objection?
Seems to me, liberal or conservative, we find ourselves in the same waters....and we ask ourselves, if the Captain stops rowing, does the crew do the same?

JD

Bob Gutermuth
11-07-2009, 07:58 AM
I didn't vote for Osama this time and I sure as h**l won't in 2012.

subroc
11-07-2009, 09:06 AM
What if? what if?... there was a candidate in 2012 you could vote for? Who would that be? Does such a candidate even appear on the horizon?
A candidate with the charisma, the political savvy, to turn around the world as it has become? I would vote for such a candidate myself, even with the knowledge that we might have turned the corner to the true fascism that you falsely decry.
Can you give me a true option? Or, just an objection?
Seems to me, liberal or conservative, we find ourselves in the same waters....and we ask ourselves, if the Captain stops rowing, does the crew do the same?

JD

Have I ever used the word fascism?

In the sorry state of affars that describe todays politicians, I rarely vote for anyone. I did vote for President George W. Bush. I held my nose voting for Mccain which was more a vote against obama than real support for Mccain although I liked Sarah Palin.

Steve Amrein
11-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Yeah her marketing really sucks. #2 on amaozon and is not availible yet. I bet she laughs all the way to the bank.
Her going to sanfran is like selling condems to Nuns.

ducknwork
11-09-2009, 07:51 AM
I didn't vote for Osama this time and I sure as h**l won't in 2012.

I would vote for what I left in the toilet yesterday before I ever vote for Obama.

Leddyman
11-09-2009, 09:33 AM
I would vote for what I left in the toilet yesterday before I ever vote for Obama.

That made me laugh!

subroc
11-21-2009, 04:14 PM
I doesn't appear that her strategy has hurt her sales all that much.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20091120/D9C3IM400.html

I guess she could have gone to left wing strong holds and wasted her time.