PDA

View Full Version : Tragic loss....

TXduckdog
11-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Hey all, been extremely busy gearing up for this deployment with never ending training cycles and planning meetings.

I just had to find a computer and get this info to you all.

The following picture is of a very special team of soldiers serving in Afghanistan. The 23 year old MP, Sp4 Steffey hails from U.P. of Michigan and his wonderful best friend and fellow soldier, Macy are trained to track personnel who plant IED's. They arrive on scene after an IED is located and track the a$$holes to their hideouts.

They have been very successful at this particularly dangerous job.

Sunday, their luck ran out when on a track, the terrorists command detonated a second IED killing both these young troopers.

This the very essence of what my job will entail and these are the type of incredibly brave soldiers I am training up for deployment.

Sp4 Steffey has a young bride and beautiful infant daughter named Abby. Please keep them in your prayers these next few weeks as they deal with the loss of their husband and daddy.

SGM

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo31/tgoerz/397105464_STEFFEY_AND_MACY_resized.jpg

Hoosier
11-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Very sad news. Sorry to hear about your friends.

Nor_Cal_Angler
11-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Terrible news, I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

NCA

JDogger
11-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Tex, we may disagree on politics, but on your mission, and the safety of you and the others, never.

Please, HOLD FAST.

I am trully sorry for the loss of your friends.

JDogger

ducknwork
11-05-2009, 06:22 AM
Tex, so sorry to hear that. They will be in my prayers. Take care of yourself!

Evan
11-05-2009, 06:28 AM
They and you will be in my prayers also. It can't be over stated that our military stand as the source of our freedoms, however we may use them. Keep standing strong, and be safe.

Evan

Lady Duck Hunter
11-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Prayers offered for the family and friends of this brave soldier.

Julie R.
11-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Thanks for reminding us of the sacrifices these brave young men and their partners make for us and particularly for those on the frontlines. Those two may have lost their lives but I wonder how many soldiers will get to go home to their families because of the dangerous job that pair did?

I will say a prayer for Steffey and Macy and all those over there including you, Tex. Thank you all. Hope you can drop in from time to time to keep the POTUS libs in line ;-) we miss you already!

brandywinelabs
11-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Steffey and Macy RIP.

Please watch over the other brave men, women and canines who serve for us.

TXduckdog
11-05-2009, 06:20 PM
To let you all know....I was no-where near the shooting at the main post at Ft Hood today. Our training grounds are in the far north of the base. Thank you to those that asked.

In response to some questions on the K9 situation. The reason these tactics are in place is that our troops are not allowed to call in indirect fire, such as artillery or mortars..... if these bombers are located in anything remotely close to a populated area, even small villages. EVEN IF WE ARE TAKING DIRECT FIRE.

The response must be "surgical" in nature. That is, wait on an asset such as a helicopter gunship or laser guided munitions from jets or fire and manuever ourselves to take out the threat.

This is what happens when folks are more concerned with collateral damage than they are with taking out the opposing threat. We as troops are often left no other choice but to take great risks in exposing ourselves to fire or simply withdraw and let the bad guys get away.

It is what it is.