PDA

View Full Version : House passed socialized medicine

luvmylabs23139
11-07-2009, 10:16 PM
We really are in Cuba now. Anyone know who the traitor republican is?

K G
11-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Redefines the term "simply majority."

The mid-term elections can't happen soon enough regards,

kg

Martin
11-08-2009, 07:26 AM
Rep from Lousiana. New Orleans district.

Martin

Roger Perry
11-08-2009, 07:48 AM

I believe the term is health care reform, not socialized medicine.

Pete
11-08-2009, 08:11 AM
So now that all people have to pay for health care weather they want it or not,, what will they do with those who would rather pay their mortgage and food first leaving 0$ for their health care.

Dont tell me,,,, are they going to forcable take peoples property?

I wouldnt put it passed them.

This is truely socialized medicine and not a health care plan.

OH well let the games begin

Pete

Roger Perry
11-08-2009, 01:47 PM
When Obama ran for President of the United States, his biggest ajenda was health care. After he got elected President, he said health care was a top priority. Now that is coming to furtion all the right is complaining. Were you all caught off guard about Obama's health care plan intentions?

It is time for the right to realize ---- YOUR GUY LOST.

M&K's Retrievers
11-08-2009, 03:39 PM
When Obama ran for President of the United States, his biggest ajenda was health care. After he got elected President, he said health care was a top priority. Now that is coming to furtion all the right is complaining. Were you all caught off guard about Obama's health care plan intentions?

Not quite nimrod. We all have lost.

code3retrievers
11-08-2009, 04:09 PM
I believe the term is health care reform, not socialized medicine.

When you are forced to buy a product that you do not want (health ins) I would not call that reform.

Seems almost communist like. The Soviet union also told the people what they could and when they could buy certain items (food)

I think calling it Socialized medicine is being nice.

dnf777
11-08-2009, 04:32 PM
When you are forced to buy a product that you do not want (health ins) I would not call that reform.

Seems almost communist like. The Soviet union also told the people what they could and when they could buy certain items (food)

I guess I've been living in communist states for some time now, since Pennsylvania, Texas, Louisiana, and Alabama ALL require auto insurance. Oh, I guess I could choose to walk 40 miles per day to work, but that's not really practical. Then my mortgage banker has this funny thing about requiring home-owners insurance on my house.....funny I never heard complaints about that. It has something to do with shared risk, the whole concept of insurance. Than again, what do you expect from a commie like Benjamin Franklin?

luvmylabs23139
11-08-2009, 04:50 PM
There is a difference. You can choose not to own a car. You can choose not to own a house, or if your house is paid for you do not have to have insurance, it is a term of your mortgage agreement.
The mere fact that you exist will require you have medical insurance. That is unconstitutional!!!

Pete
11-08-2009, 06:21 PM
I guess I've been living in communist states for some time now, since Pennsylvania, Texas, Louisiana, and Alabama ALL require auto insurance

Your kidding right. I have lived in PA and yes its alittle on the commy side politically,,,but
It is not mandatory that all have auto insurance.
The law requires it if you drive. Driving is a privalage not a right. walking to and fro is a right not a privalage.
We aught to make walkers get insurance too. Why stop now. We aught to make the unemployed pay unemployment insurance to.

I think they should require shovel insurance,:rolleyes:
If you want to insure something then do,,,if you dont then you shouldnt have to.

p

luvmylabs23139
11-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Even some of the people that get unemployment should not.
I know of a case in VA where a person quit their jub for other employment. Fool quit before passing everything for the new job and failed the drug test. Yes they got unemployment. That is just a crock of crap. I know it is true because I was the HR manager for the company that they turned in their notice to and was the one who fought the unemployment claim. Hey they quit. Bottom line, they got to collect but we were not charged against our rating. I told the state of VA that was BS and they should not hve gotten one darn dime. Even put the protest in writing for the company, not that it did any good, with the backing of the president of the company.

YardleyLabs
11-08-2009, 06:54 PM

Are you prepared to accept a society where, if you are lying on the street bleeding to death that ambulance will leave you there until you show proof of insurance of pay in advance? When people make voluntary decisions not to buy health insurance, they are to some extent relying on the fact that they will be treated even if they cannot pay. Basically, that means that they are assuming that the rest of us will pay for their negligence. The economics of health insurance only work by spreading the risk across a broad group of people that, in any given year, are unlikely to need the benefits offered. Almost no body can afford the costs of care when we need it. As a society, we have chosen in every state of the country to require health care providers to treat people unable to pay. That care is paid by those of us who do pay our bills either by purchasing insurance or by paying for services when rendered. I do not mind doing that to cover the costs of people who cannot afford care. I do mind doing it because a person whose resource may be the same or greater than mine decided to play the odds and "save" money by foregoing insurance. The uninsured cost us money in two ways. They consume health services for which they do normally not pay, and they contribute to substantial administrative costs as providers and insurers are forced to spend significant resources verifying coverage every time someone is treated. While I understand the "freedom of choice" being sought, I do not accept the fact that I must pay the cost of those decisions. I do not believe that any meaningful reform of the health insurance system is possible unless it begins with virtually universal coverage.

luvmylabs23139
11-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Actually if they are illegal or a darn anchor baby as far as I am concerned yes they can die in the street since they broke the law and do not belong here, I don't care if people think I'm harsh. I should not have to pay for their darn as*. They should have been stopped by any means at the border!!!!

YardleyLabs
11-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Actually if they are illegal or a darn anchor baby as far as I am concerned yes they can die in the street since they broke the law and do not belong here, I don't care if people think I'm harsh. I should not have to pay for their darn as*. They should have been stopped by any means at the border!!!!
Do you suggest that ambulance drivers should check passports at the scene? Leaving people in the streets to die is pretty much an all or nothing proposition.

dnf777
11-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Your kidding right. I have lived in PA and yes its alittle on the commy side politically,,,but
It is not mandatory that all have auto insurance.
The law requires it if you drive. Driving is a privalage not a right. walking to and fro is a right not a privalage.
We aught to make walkers get insurance too. Why stop now. We aught to make the unemployed pay unemployment insurance to.

I think they should require shovel insurance,:rolleyes:
If you want to insure something then do,,,if you dont then you shouldnt have to.

p

I anticipated these responses, that's why I said I could just walk to work each day! That is not practical for the majority of folks. The real point is, if you want to drive, and you're a "good driver", aren't you bothered that you have to buy insurance?

luvmylabs23139
11-08-2009, 08:03 PM
I anticipated these responses, that's why I said I could just walk to work each day! That is not practical for the majority of folks. The real point is, if you want to drive, and you're a "good driver", aren't you bothered that you have to buy insurance?

No, but a recent change in my states auto insurance does make me furious. I am now required as are all that live in this state, now DUMACRATIC to have uninsured, underinsured coverage equal to the amount of liability insurance I carry even though I carry much higher liability than required by law. Those that chose to carry higher insurance in one category now have to also have that higher amount in another.
I consider liability insurance my protection against BS lawsuits.

luvmylabs23139
11-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Do you suggest that ambulance drivers should check passports at the scene? Leaving people in the streets to die is pretty much an all or nothing proposition.

Well if they don't speak English we should check for a green card at the ER or something. At the very least we should toss them back as soon as they are stable.
And yes, every time someone is caught here illegally they should be sent straight back, no hearing no crap, get the heck out!!!!!

JDogger
11-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Well if they don't speak English we should check for a green card at the ER or something. At the very least we should toss them back as soon as they are stable.
And yes, every time someone is caught here illegally they should be sent straight back, no hearing no crap, get the heck out!!!!!

SOMEONE, seems to be hiring illegal aliens. Should we not also prosecute these business's as well? Would they come, if there were no jobs?
So, where do these jobs come from?
Or, do you believe that all illegal immigrants come only for the social services?
If that were true our poor and indigent might be emmigrating elsewhere.

Jess' sayin'

JD

Martin
11-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Let me get this straight. This is a bill and will have to be passed by the senate. But not until they Inject their venom into it. What concerns me as a free American is that a person that chooses food instead if INS is a criminal. Someone who working hard to makes ends meet can be a felon if he continues to choose food over INS. Nice. This my friends is tryanny. I thought we escaped a king along time ago to not live in fear of the gov.

If you think for one min. This will not affect your premiums you need my beach front condo in az. Make you a deal. They will go up.

True reform would be the dreaded public option. Leave private alone and create a program that one could choose. Choose being the important word here. But that person would have PAY for that option. And under the promise from the ones in charge, it would be cheaper.

But back to being a criminal. That is caca de torro

dnf777
11-08-2009, 08:56 PM
No, but a recent change in my states auto insurance does make me furious. I am now required as are all that live in this state, now DUMACRATIC to have uninsured, underinsured coverage equal to the amount of liability insurance I carry even though I carry much higher liability than required by law. Those that chose to carry higher insurance in one category now have to also have that higher amount in another.
I consider liability insurance my protection against BS lawsuits.

That makes no sense whatsoever. (the law, not your post) Why would the state care if you choose to protect your butt from other uninsured drivers or not? Sounds like the CEOs at AIG are trying to cut their losses and pass more laws to force profits out of us. That sounds more like our corporate controlled "free market", than a bunch of legislators looking out for your protection?

The last thing that democratic lawmakers (in cahoots with trial lawyers, right?) would want is any law that would discourage folks from carrying big, fat liability policies! That would mean less banana peel slip and fall lawsuits.

Pete
11-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Even some of the people that get unemployment should not.
I know of a case in VA where a person quit their jub for other employment. Fool quit before passing everything for the new job and failed the drug test. Yes they got unemployment. That is just a crock of crap. I know it is true because I was the HR manager for the company that they turned in their notice to and was the one who fought the unemployment claim. Hey they quit. Bottom line, they got to collect but we were not charged against our rating. I told the state of VA that was BS and they should not hve gotten one darn dime. Even put the protest in writing for the company, not that it did any good, with the backing of the president of the company

Ah I see the problem. Virginia and PA are not states,,they are common wealths.
what is a common wealth? Well lets see .massachussets, PA, Virginia,, Oh I know ,,what makes them a common wealth is the wealth of its citizens is common to everyone.:)

Pete

luvmylabs23139
11-08-2009, 09:14 PM
That makes no sense whatsoever. (the law, not your post) Why would the state care if you choose to protect your butt from other uninsured drivers or not? Sounds like the CEOs at AIG are trying to cut their losses and pass more laws to force profits out of us. That sounds more like our corporate controlled "free market", than a bunch of legislators looking out for your protection?

The last thing that democratic lawmakers (in cahoots with trial lawyers, right?) would want is any law that would discourage folks from carrying big, fat liability policies! That would mean less banana peel slip and fall lawsuits.

Nope, when the Dums came into power they changed the law and made it so that if you choose to carry higher liability than required by law you must carry uninsured/ under insured of the same amount.
I've never understood why they require you to carry uninsured/underinsured since that is just a pile of garbage since uninsured are violating the law.
When the battle was going on our insurance co actually sent us a letter telling us to contact our local reps and tell them our opinion. They even suggested we threaten our reps with lowering our liabilty coverage to the state minimum!

code3retrievers
11-09-2009, 07:23 AM
I guess I've been living in communist states for some time now, since Pennsylvania, Texas, Louisiana, and Alabama ALL require auto insurance. Oh, I guess I could choose to walk 40 miles per day to work, but that's not really practical. Then my mortgage banker has this funny thing about requiring home-owners insurance on my house.....funny I never heard complaints about that. It has something to do with shared risk, the whole concept of insurance. Than again, what do you expect from a commie like Benjamin Franklin?

If you don't see the difference between auto insurance and health insurance your are truly ignorant.

There are no states that require you to buy auto insurance when you don't have a car. That would be a better analogy. Your government is requiring you to buy a product that you may not need or want.

I nor anyone should be forced to buy insurance under penalty of law.

Driving a car is a privilege and as so is licensed and regulated. Living my life is not and so should not be regulated by a bunch of idiots.

dnf777
11-09-2009, 07:41 AM
If you don't see the difference between auto insurance and health insurance your are truly ignorant.

There are no states that require you to buy auto insurance when you don't have a car. That would be a better analogy. Your government is requiring you to buy a product that you may not need or want.

Driving a car is a privilege and as so is licensed and regulated. Living my life is not and so should not be regulated by a bunch of idiots.

Code3,
By your standards of normal, I guess I am ignorant. I foolishly thought that owning and operating a vehicle was pretty much necessary for most Americans of working age. I may be ignorant, but I don't recall any Deerskin-Rickshaws being pulled behind trainer-handlers on foot lately! ;-)
I'm a safe driver, so why should I pay insurance when chances are if I get in a wreck, it will be the other idiot's fault?

As for not ever needing health insurance......NONE of us gets outta here alive! Life is a sexually-transmitted, 100% fatal disease! By saying you don't need health insurance, is just saying I'll wait until I'm sick and let others pay for it.

I have not read the 1900 page bill, nor have I read ANY bills recently. In fact, I struggle to get through the AKC HT/FT rules and regs in one sitting! I'm not saying this bill is the answer to everything, and I'm sure there will be much I disagree with coming out in the next few days....but to summarily dismiss change in the name of the status quo is a failed approach. Where is the republican house alternative? Senate alternative? Haven't seen squat from Boehner or McConnel! Just nay-saying. We're in a nose-dive. We souldn't wait until we hit the ground before we try to pull out of it.

txbadger
11-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Yardly, what a tool: ".. death that ambulance will leave you there until you show proof of insurance of pay in advance? " I'd guess with your alleged "vast" experience in health care you're aware that most states require treatment of ER cases? But you prefer a shock lie to justify a pos bill. 40+ years of frustration and weather underground tactics must be tough to bear.

Pete
11-09-2009, 07:51 AM
As for not ever needing health insurance......NONE of us gets outta here alive! Life is a sexually-transmitted, 100% fatal disease! By saying you don't need health insurance, is just saying I'll wait until I'm sick and let others pay for it

I have paid out of pocket for my family up until this last year when the wife got a job.
mmmm I still am paying for most of it. People on health insurance go to the dr when they sence a pimple comming on.

Pete.

Leddyman
11-09-2009, 08:07 AM
SOMEONE, seems to be hiring illegal aliens. Should we not also prosecute these business's as well? Would they come, if there were no jobs?
So, where do these jobs come from?
Or, do you believe that all illegal immigrants come only for the social services?
If that were true our poor and indigent might be emmigrating elsewhere.

Jess' sayin'

JD

For once you are as right as rain. I got in a big argument with a housing developer over a couple of cocktails on the deck because he was trying to justify hiring illegals. Yes I've got the stones to say it in person just like I do here. I told him a man used to be able to make a decent living hanging drywall and such before he and other greedy baskirds like him who couldn't see anything but $$$$$ signs found out they could exploit illegal labor for profit. He seemed to think the only thing that mattered was that they worked cheaper. This right after he got through bragging about all his trips to cancun and the house he was living in in Cuscowilla. Google it it is BIG money.
I don't have any problem with all the money you can make until you start breaking the laws to do it.
I think they should put the ones hiring the illegals under the jail and leave them there. That would stop the problem tomorrow and raise the standard of living here next year. A couple of examples would make those hiring illegals think twice. If that closed a few businesses, which it would, I would not complain one bit about the economic impact. If you have to hire illegals to stay open then close down now.

As far as the welfare benefits. I don't know for sure if it is true, but I work as a translator for the illegal community from time to time. I go to court with them and translate when they get in trouble. I had an illegal worker tell me that the ones you see working are ALL illegal because as soon as they get a green card and are able they go on welfare. That is purely anecdotal and of course there are exceptions, but I had an illegal tell me that that was the case in the majority of cases. I think we should stop giving welfare benefits to anyone who isn't a citizen.
Treat them in the E.R. and then send them home, put the employers in jail, stop welfare, and watch the exodus.

dnf777
11-09-2009, 08:29 AM
I have paid out of pocket for my family up until this last year when the wife got a job.
mmmm I still am paying for most of it. People on health insurance go to the dr when they sence a pimple comming on.

Pete.

And I'm sure you paid a hefty premium that you're not thrilled about. I know I am. Wouldn't it be nice if you weren't paying for all those uninsured people out there, many of whom just chose not to carry coverage? If they had, and paid premiums also, YOUR premiums would not be so high. The whole concept of insurance is being subverted as it stands right now.

As for your pimple claim, not true. People who have ZERO co-pay (such as military dependents) do overuse the system in my experience. As little as a $5 co-pay eliminates the majority of those who make "pimple visits", and have become the norm in the majority of plans.

I'm not so much supporting this plan, as I am defending it against arbitrary dismissal and a cling-to attitude towards the major insurance companies. I share more of your concerns than you would believe, not to mention my personal stake in this. Healthcare butters my bread!

Henry V
11-09-2009, 08:40 AM
..... Your government is requiring you to buy a product that you may not need or want.

Help me understand.
1)What kind of health should a person have in order for them to "need" health insurance?
a) Good health
b) Poor health
c) Other (explain)

2) If someone chooses not to buy insurance and then gets really sick, they get treated at very high cost, right? Who is paying for that now?

3) Since the health care of folks not currently buying insurance now is being subsidized by all of us, exactly what is wrong with making everyone buy insurance to spread the risk?

4) Is it "arrogant" or "ignorant" for someone to not realize that they need health insurance?

ducknwork
11-09-2009, 08:56 AM
And I'm sure you paid a hefty premium that you're not thrilled about. I know I am. Wouldn't it be nice if you weren't paying for all those uninsured people out there, many of whom just chose not to carry coverage? If they had, and paid premiums also, YOUR premiums would not be so high. The whole concept of insurance is being subverted as it stands right now.

Either we will pay for them up front (in our premiums) or through the back door (higher hospital bills to cover uninsured). One way or another, we will pay for those who 'cannot' afford insurance. I'd rather do it the way we do it now as there is less possibility for government control, corruption, and excessive spending.

ducknwork
11-09-2009, 09:04 AM

No, we weren't surprised. Actually, we have been complaining the entire time, not just since it came to "furtion" (whatever that is;)). It's tough to not elect someone that has millions and millions on the govt teet voting for him because they know they can be more 'taken care of' by the government.:rolleyes:

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." -Gerald Ford

Buzz
11-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Either we will pay for them up front (in our premiums) or through the back door (higher hospital bills to cover uninsured). One way or another, we will pay for those who 'cannot' afford insurance. I'd rather do it the way we do it now as there is less possibility for government control, corruption, and excessive spending.

Yes, because as we all know that it's much cheaper to treat people at a $1000 minimum visit to the emergency room than at a $120 doctor visit.

Buzz
11-09-2009, 09:32 AM
It's tough to not elect someone that has millions and millions on the govt teet voting for him because they know they can be more 'taken care of' by the government.:rolleyes:

Must be time to change the system of electing our leaders. What do you suggest?

Roger Perry
11-09-2009, 09:43 AM
No, we weren't surprised. Actually, we have been complaining the entire time, not just since it came to "furtion" (whatever that is;)). It's tough to not elect someone that has millions and millions on the govt teet voting for him because they know they can be more 'taken care of' by the government.:rolleyes:

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." -Gerald Ford

wah wah wah:cry:

Franco
11-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Our new Socialist passed the, "Let Them Eat Cake" Health Bill in the House.

The bill they feel is good enough for us but, not good enough for them!!!

The new Socialist need to be thrown out by their ear and banned from DC.

Hew
11-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Perhaps you're looking at it from the wrong end. Maybe it's time to reduce the numbers of those on the govt. teat?

Franco
11-09-2009, 09:53 AM

Yup, his name is Rep Chao, a Vietnamesse immigrant who replaced the convicted Willie Jefferson representing the eastern New Orleans area.

Journalist are trying to find out what the payoff was from the Dems to buy his vote.

Hew
11-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Yup, his name is Rep Chao, a Vietnamesse immigrant who replaced the convicted Willie Jefferson representing the eastern New Orleans area.

Journalist are trying to find out what the payoff was from the Dems to buy his vote.
Pay off? In New Orleans? Surely you jest? :p

ducknwork
11-09-2009, 10:46 AM
wah wah wah:cry:

Just answering your question, bud.:rolleyes:

ducknwork
11-09-2009, 10:47 AM

I suggest that we reduce the number of people that are dependent on the government for their everyday existence.

What do you suggest? Leave it at status quo?

K G
11-09-2009, 10:58 AM

And YOUR guy is about to...in the Senate...and then YOUR party will lose seats in 2010...and then YOUR guy will be a one-term wonder in 2012...he hung his hat on the wrong rack...;-)

Not quite nimrod. We all have lost.

True enough...still hemorrhaging jobs, housing market on life support...where's all that stimulus money for infrastructure rebuilding and consumer loans?

For once you are as right as rain. I got in a big argument with a housing developer over a couple of cocktails on the deck because he was trying to justify hiring illegals. Yes I've got the stones to say it in person just like I do here. I told him a man used to be able to make a decent living hanging drywall and such before he and other greedy baskirds like him who couldn't see anything but $$$$$ signs found out they could exploit illegal labor for profit. He seemed to think the only thing that mattered was that they worked cheaper. This right after he got through bragging about all his trips to cancun and the house he was living in in Cuscowilla. Google it it is BIG money.
I don't have any problem with all the money you can make until you start breaking the laws to do it.
I think they should put the ones hiring the illegals under the jail and leave them there. That would stop the problem tomorrow and raise the standard of living here next year. A couple of examples would make those hiring illegals think twice. If that closed a few businesses, which it would, I would not complain one bit about the economic impact. If you have to hire illegals to stay open then close down now.

As far as the welfare benefits. I don't know for sure if it is true, but I work as a translator for the illegal community from time to time. I go to court with them and translate when they get in trouble. I had an illegal worker tell me that the ones you see working are ALL illegal because as soon as they get a green card and are able they go on welfare. That is purely anecdotal and of course there are exceptions, but I had an illegal tell me that that was the case in the majority of cases. I think we should stop giving welfare benefits to anyone who isn't a citizen.
Treat them in the E.R. and then send them home, put the employers in jail, stop welfare, and watch the exodus.

Good post, Terry.

kg

Uncle Bill
11-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Didn't have any enlightened post for the Pelosi Cluster, so found someone more talented as a wordsmith to express my view.

UB

Fellow Patriots,

I don't normally get this emotional when writing a newsletter, so I'll have to apologize ahead of time. This is an emotional evening for me.

It's 10:12 PM here in Chicago. I just watched a room for of Democrats (and one Republican) clap and cheer as they realized they had the votes needed to pass Nancy Pelosi's healthcare legislation.

I honestly don't think I've felt this angry in years. I can't imagine how a room full of people elected to look out for our rights as Americans can so comfortably vote to strip us of them.

And worse, clap and cheer about their success in doing so.

I'm not sure if these thugs are just sick with power and look for complete control, or if they're so heavily struck with narcissism that they genuinely don't understand what it is that they're doing.

But either way, this legislation seeks to destroy everything that made our country great. This bill rips from us our personal liberty, our reason for hard work, our drive for productivity, and our ability to be free in our personal responsibility.

Should this legislation pass the Senate, we Americans will be forced to choose healthcare that is run by a government of thugs and power hungry special interest shrills. And if we refuse, we'll face up to $250,000 in fines and up to 5 years in jail.

At this point in time, I feel the urge to begin considering the reality of what we're up against. I no longer have any desire to be politically correct. It's time to start recognizing this for what it is.

Our Government, a body made up of powerful people entrusted to protect our liberty and freedom, has openly declared war on us.

If this legislation passes the Senate... I pray God will help us all.

Much to think about, folks. Much to consider.

Stay tuned.

For Liberty,
-Eric Odom

Steve Amrein
11-09-2009, 11:28 AM
I have some Guys that work for me that are from Bosnia. We have done our best to make sure that the documentation that we have to do is correct. I have no other means to my company that I work for to be sure the documentation is correct. Likely they did not swim here so I can only assume that the passed thru customs. I have made copies for guys that have returned home for vacation. But lets say one of the guys was here illeagally and had fake yet valid (required) documentation. I did everthing but you want me to go to jail ? Why cant the police and the gooberment take responsibility ? BTW in case you are thinking these guys own homes and are making generally above union scale.

Roger Perry
11-09-2009, 11:29 AM
And YOUR guy is about to...in the Senate...and then YOUR party will lose seats in 2010...and then YOUR guy will be a one-term wonder in 2012...he hung his hat on the wrong rack...;-)
kg

Obama is still a better choice than the alternative McCain & Palin who would have followed lockstep in Bush's economic shoes and have no viable soulution to the health care problem. Had McCain/Palin gotten elected we would be in a depression now instead of a recession.

K G
11-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Obama is still a better choice than the alternative McCain & Palin who would have followed lockstep in Bush's economic shoes and have no viable soulution to the health care problem. Had McCain/Palin gotten elected we would be in a depression now instead of a recession.

I know this is lost on you Roger...but notice that I talked about FUTURE dates...not past dates....I disagree with your assessment of course (think about how much less NATIONAL DEBT we'd have...;-)), but it really doesn't matter because it didn't happen.

"Soulution"...I like that...:D

Freudian regards,

kg

Roger Perry
11-09-2009, 11:49 AM
I know this is lost on you Roger...but notice that I talked about FUTURE dates...not past dates....I disagree with your assessment of course (think about how much less NATIONAL DEBT we'd have...;-)), but it really doesn't matter because it didn't happen.

"Soulution"...I like that...:D

Freudian regards,

kg

As I have said before Obama was not my choice for President either but given the 2 choices we had Obama was the lesser of the two evils. The National debt would have grown no matter who was chosen president. Now lets find a way out of it. I can give you a hint -- it won't be through partisan politics.

Brandoned
11-09-2009, 12:11 PM
As I have said before Obama was not my choice for President either but given the 2 choices we had Obama was the lesser of the two evils. The National debt would have grown no matter who was chosen president. Now lets find a way out of it. I can give you a hint -- it won't be through partisan politics.

I would love to see where Osama was the lesser of the two evils??? But then again I'm sure MSNBC, CNN (Clinton News Network) and others really helped you on that one....

Roger Perry
11-09-2009, 12:23 PM
I would love to see where Osama was the lesser of the two evils??? But then again I'm sure MSNBC, CNN (Clinton News Network) and others really helped you on that one....

As I am sure Fox entertainment, Rush Limpaugh, Glen Beck and others helped you to disagree.

ducknwork
11-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Now lets find a way out of it. I can give you a hint -- it won't be through partisan politics.

If it won't be through partisan politics, why are you so pleased with the partisan games that your messiah and his crew are playing? They have stated time and time again that they will do this without republicans if necessary. Perhaps they should step back and think about what is best for their constituents and the country, not their votes and wallets.

Brandoned
11-09-2009, 12:38 PM
As I am sure Fox entertainment, Rush Limpaugh, Glen Beck and others helped you to disagree.

No actually they didnít! Osamaís lack of experience in everything he has ever done did!! Couldn't tell you when the last time I watched any of those, including Fox. I have no idea why I even responded to anything that you said you are soooooo far Left its pitiful!

dnf777
11-09-2009, 12:39 PM
No actually they didnít! Osamaís lack of experience in everything he has ever done did!! Couldn't tell you when the last time I watched any of those, including Fox. I have no idea why I even responded to anything that you said you are soooooo far Left its pitiful!

Who is osama?

ducknwork
11-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Who is osama?

Don't start picking on spelling.;) We'll never have time to discuss anything if we do the same for Mr. Perry.:D

Brandoned
11-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Who is osama?

Osama, Obongo, you take your pick! Remember I will show your president the same respect that you showed mine!

Roger Perry
11-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Osama, Obongo, you take your pick! Remember I will show your president the same respect that you showed mine!

Who was your president? Dumbya?

Roger Perry
11-09-2009, 01:03 PM
If it won't be through partisan politics, why are you so pleased with the partisan games that your messiah and his crew are playing? They have stated time and time again that they will do this without republicans if necessary. Perhaps they should step back and think about what is best for their constituents and the country, not their votes and wallets.

Seems to me that the Republican's had control of Congress for 6 years along with a Republican President. They had plenty of time to pass health care bills but did they? No, just tax cut bills and surplus spending that sent our country into a tail spin recession.

ducknwork
11-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Seems to me that the Republican's had control of Congress for 6 years along with a Republican President. They had plenty of time to pass health care bills but did they? No, just tax cut bills and surplus spending that sent our country into a tail spin recession.

You must own a lot of history books, because once again, the past is ALL you can talk about. Not to mention that your comment has ZERO to do with what we are talking about currently.

Why? Probably because you can't legitimately defend the present.

BTW, if surplus spending sent the economy into a tailspin, what will deficit spending do? (Please don't ignore this question)

dnf777
11-09-2009, 01:11 PM

Right now Mr. Obama IS your president, as well as mine, whether or not we voted for him. An electoral and popular majority of our fellow Americans said so. I didn't vote for Bush, but served under him anyway.

I try very hard to refer to all American presidents by their proper names. Some are easier than others, I admit.

Brandoned
11-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Who was your president? Dumbya?

Good Roger, you figured it out. Didn't know if you maybe needed a little help with that one or not. Then again he was the PAST president, that's all you talk about!!!!

ducknwork
11-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Right now Mr. Obama IS your president, as well as mine, whether or not we voted for him. An electoral and popular majority of our fellow Americans said so. I didn't vote for Bush, but served under him anyway.

I try very hard to refer to all American presidents by their proper names. Some are easier than others, I admit.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I wish that he was nobody's president, but as much as I dislike what he wants to do, he is still everyone's prez. It's just that he seems to be more of a messiah to some rather than just a president.

Wish in one hand regards,

Roger Perry
11-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Good Roger, you figured it out. Didn't know if you maybe needed a little help with that one or not. Then again he was the PAST president, that's all you talk about!!!!

If the Country was left in a prosperous condition when Dumbya left office I would not have to talk about the past. It wasn't. It was left in the worst possible condition imaginable for the next president to dig his way out of.

Evan
11-09-2009, 01:35 PM
If the Country was left in a prosperous condition when Dumbya left office I would not have to talk about the past. It wasn't. It was left in the worst possible condition imaginable for the next president to dig his way out of.Just when it was looking like you had figured out he wasn't president anymore, you dredge him up in the same thread...('your guy lost')...remember? That means your numbskull, incompetent - albeit stylish:cool: - guy won...nearly a year ago. That necessarily means the ball is in his court. Get it?

Evan

Roger Perry
11-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Just when it was looking like you had figured out he wasn't president anymore, you dredge him up in the same thread...('your guy lost')...remember? That means your numbskull, incompetent - albeit stylish:cool: - guy won...nearly a year ago. That necessarily means the ball is in his court. Get it?

Evan

Yes I get it, Obama is doing what he thinks is best for the Country by trying to bring us out of the recession we have been in for the past 3 years. Dow industrials hit new 52-week high

Uncle Bill
11-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Yes I get it, Obama is doing what he thinks is best for the Country by trying to bring us out of the recession we have been in for the past 3 years. Dow industrials hit new 52-week high

Can you also provide us with the UNEMPLOYMENT HIGH we just reached, Roger? And since your math is sooooooo good, remind us how the new home starts are progressing, and how many months of new highs the foreclosed homes are into.

UB

Bob Gutermuth
11-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Dubya had been the former President for almost a year. When is osama going to stand up and take the blame for the screwed up state the country has fallen into on his watch, or will he blame Dubya for everything until he is thrown out in 2012?

Evan
11-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Yes I get it, Obama is doing what he thinks is best for the Country by trying to bring us out of the recession we have been in for the past 3 years. Dow industrials hit new 52-week high Yes sir! Boy, that Dow high is really impressing my 41 year-old son, who has 12 years seniority at the Harley plant here in KC, where he's still laid off. Unemployment is now over 10 percent, and I can't wait to see the retail sales numbers for this Christmas! Barrack Hussein Obama, mmmmmmmm, mmmmmmmmmm, mmmmmmmm!!!

Evan

twall
11-09-2009, 05:58 PM
If this is really about providing healthcare for the uninsured then why is the bill so long and its' content so confusing? Why does this bill impact the insured too? Why does it take so long to provide benefits to the uninsured?

If this bill was really trying to do what the proponents claim it will do it would have much broader support and have been passed a long time ago.

Tom

Gerry Clinchy
11-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Sen. Tom Coburn's article on Native American Health Care run by the government:
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2009/11/05/tom-coburn-public-option-indian-health-service/

In the past, some have referred to the success of the VA program. This past Sunday our local paper discussed that success. Among those things, the excessive length of time it can take for a claim to be processed (one claimant submitted paperwork 3 times because the VA kept losing it). Then the coup de grace ... claims finally approved and check received (retroactively) for benefits; but because the claimant had then died days before the check arrived, the family had to give the check back. It did not become part of the estate (benefits that should have been paid while the claimant was alive, but were bureaucratically delayed).

Is that dumb? Let us just supposed that the claimant's family goes into hock to pay for care, for which they expect to be reimbursed ... but by a twist of fate the claimant dies two days before that $ arrives. The govt promised to pay the bill, but if they can delay long enough they can get themselves off the hook entirely. Does the word "loophole" sound familiar?

code3retrievers
11-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Code3,

As for not ever needing health insurance......NONE of us gets outta here alive! Life is a sexually-transmitted, 100% fatal disease! By saying you don't need health insurance, is just saying I'll wait until I'm sick and let others pay for it.

I have not read the 1900 page bill, nor have I read ANY bills recently. In fact, I struggle to get through the AKC HT/FT rules and regs in one sitting! I'm not saying this bill is the answer to everything, and I'm sure there will be much I disagree with coming out in the next few days....but to summarily dismiss change in the name of the status quo is a failed approach. Where is the republican house alternative? Senate alternative? Haven't seen squat from Boehner or McConnel! Just nay-saying. We're in a nose-dive. We souldn't wait until we hit the ground before we try to pull out of it.

I carry insurance (but it is by my CHOICE). I have not been to a doctor in years and have no unhealthy habits. If I got sick and chose not to have insurance, like when I was younger, then it would be my responsiblity to pay for it, not yours. Like wise, it should not be my obligation to pay for you or anyone else's health care, mortgage payment, car purchase or other personal responsiblities.

The idea should be reform not take over. So far the Dems have only pushed for take over and forced health care. As far as Repblicans, if you have noticed they have been shut out of almost all imput and debate.

The present administration should be pushing to control the cost of health care through proven methods, instead they are growing the govenment and attempting to take over a large portion of our economy. The government has no business trying to run health care, they can barely run anything well. Besides why is this not a states issue. Many states provide coverage to the poor and have been dong so for years. If anyone in the USA wants healthcare it is available and there are many programs in place already on the state level.

It is time to tweek the system not radically change it.

code3retrievers
11-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Yes, because as we all know that it's much cheaper to treat people at a $1000 minimum visit to the emergency room than at a $120 doctor visit.

I work in Fire/EMS and there are no bigger abusers of the ER's then those that are currently on some form of government medical plan.

Here in AZ it is called ACCSS and when someone on the plan has a cold or the flu they demand to go to the ER by ambulance ($700 ride with a lot more for the ER visit). When someone else with health ins or no ins. calls us they are more likely to either see their family doctor or transport themselves.

When people have entitlements they abuse them more often the not.

M&K's Retrievers
11-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Yes sir! Boy, that Dow high is really impressing my 41 year-old son, who has 12 years seniority at the Harley plant here in KC, where he's still laid off. Unemployment is now over 10 percent, and I can't wait to see the retail sales numbers for this Christmas! Barrack Hussein Obama, mmmmmmmm, mmmmmmmmmm, mmmmmmmm!!!

Evan

My 37 year old son in the real estate business in Dallas said the same thing. His business is down 50% from last year which was down 50% from the year before that. A customer of mine just today got back from Vegas. He said the hotels/casinos were ghost towns. My mutual funds still blow. Things are really picking up.:rolleyes:

dnf777
11-10-2009, 05:50 AM
My 37 year old son in the real estate business in Dallas said the same thing. His business is down 50% from last year which was down 50% from the year before that. A customer of mine just today got back from Vegas. He said the hotels/casinos were ghost towns. My mutual funds still blow. Things are really picking up.:rolleyes:

Agreed. The disconnect here is that there are two economies. One for the McCains, Kerrys, Kennedys, and Bushs.......then there's the economy for you and me. We are being asked to foot the bill for the other people's recovery. Look at how much we gave bankers just last year, now they're poised to grant themselves $23 billion in bonuses!!!!!

As our middle class shrinks, we are gradually becoming a two-class system, just what our forefathers and colonists fought to avoid and get away from.

Our 'boy mayor' in Pittsburgh just proposed a "privelage tax" for ALL post-highschool education in the city, making higher education and the chance of bettering one's self even further out of reach for many Americans.

Evan
11-10-2009, 06:02 AM
I work in Fire/EMS and there are no bigger abusers of the ER's then those that are currently on some form of government medical plan.

When people have entitlements they abuse them more often the not.That has always been so. I was a Paramedic in KC long before I went back to school and became an RN. It was the patients whose bills were paid by tax payers who consistently abused the system. Those who earn what they get clearly respect it more, and it surely shows in the healthcare industry.

Evan

ducknwork
11-10-2009, 06:39 AM
That has always been so. I was a Paramedic in KC long before I went back to school and became an RN. It was the patients whose bills were paid by tax payers who consistently abused the system. Those who earn what they get clearly respect it more, and it surely shows in the healthcare industry.

Evan

That only makes sense! I haven't been to the doctor in over 2 years. If I didn't have to pay for it, I am sure there are times that I would have gone to the chiro rather than walk around with a hurt back for 3 days. BUT, I have to pay for it ($200 deductible, $15 copay), so I don't go. One visit would cost me over $200 since I haven't met my deductible. A little too steep for me.

WaterDogRem
11-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Agreed. The disconnect here is that there are two economies. One for the McCains, Kerrys, Kennedys, and Bushs.......then there's the economy for you and me. We are being asked (FORCED) to foot the bill for the other people's recovery. Look at how much we (we didn't, the current Administration & congress did and without reading the contracts) gave bankers just last year, now they're poised to grant themselves $23 billion in bonuses!!!!!

As our middle class shrinks, we are gradually becoming a two-class system, just what our forefathers and colonists fought to avoid and get away from. (Exactly why this administration and congress must be stopped now, as we have let too many past administrations lead us into this position)

Our 'boy mayor' in Pittsburgh just proposed a "privelage tax" for ALL post-highschool education in the city, making higher education and the chance of bettering one's self even further out of reach for many Americans.(Well I hope the Pittsburgh people do what they should to stop it)

I agreed with your post, but wanted to add my 2 cents.

code3retrievers
11-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Are you prepared to accept a society where, if you are lying on the street bleeding to death that ambulance will leave you there until you show proof of insurance of pay in advance?

Yardley,

Tell me where this happens now? It is illegal in every state that I am aware of. I work Fire/EMS and no one and I mean no one can be denied emergency medical treatment due to lack of ability to pay. Yes, when someone does not pay, those costs are passed on to the rest of us as consumers, that is the risk and price I am willing to pay.

If this happens else where (medical abandonment) then the laws can be changed to avoid this situation and make it illegal not to render care.

When you throw up a false argument it makes your entire argument look foolish.

code3retrievers
11-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Help me understand.
1)What kind of health should a person have in order for them to "need" health insurance?
a) Good health
b) Poor health
c) Other (explain)

2) If someone chooses not to buy insurance and then gets really sick, they get treated at very high cost, right? Who is paying for that now?

3) Since the health care of folks not currently buying insurance now is being subsidized by all of us, exactly what is wrong with making everyone buy insurance to spread the risk?

4) Is it "arrogant" or "ignorant" for someone to not realize that they need health insurance?

Let me help you understand.

Life is full of choices and responsibilities. It is both your choice and responsibility to buy insurance. I buy my insurance and I expect you to do the same thing. If you choose not to then you will end up accepting the risk and paying the price later.

It's called personal responsibility and maybe you lefties should try it some time and stop wasting our money.

Stop trying to change the entire system to cover a very small percentage of people.

So, you want to make me buy a product simply because I live and breathe and it will make the product cheaper for you. (Sounds like a form of wealth redistribution and selfishness on your part)

This should be about reform not take over.

Richard Halstead
11-10-2009, 05:28 PM

I believe that the recession would recover faster and also improve the 10.2% unemployment had they cut taxes on businsses rather than spending a trillion dollar debt. Instead they taxed where we were never taxed before to try to have an income.

road kill
11-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Are you prepared to accept a society where, if you are lying on the street bleeding to death that ambulance will leave you there until you show proof of insurance of pay in advance? .
Are you rfeferring to your "Obama Healthcare" Card??:shock:

Julie R.
11-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Money from thin air! It's magic!
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/th_witchdoctor.gifhttp://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/th_witchdoctor.gifhttp://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/th_witchdoctor.gif
NO! It's....Voodoo Health Care!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/pspauld/BlogPix/obama-witchdoctor-muck.jpg

luvmylabs23139
11-10-2009, 06:40 PM
[

4) Is it "arrogant" or "ignorant" for someone to not realize that they need health insurance?[/quote]

IT is arrogant of the gov't to tell me what level or type of health insurance I need.!

JDogger
11-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Julie, glad to see you're posting your funny images and emoticons once again. I was afraid maybe you'd gotten a smackdown from the mods.
Anyway, the house narrowly passing this watered down HC bill does not mean we're on our way to socialized HC. It has a long way to go, and I believe that the efforts of the right will result (if it happens at all) in the passage of a HC reform bill that pretty much maintains the status quo. I too am dissappointed. I really hoped for a full blown, single payer healthcare revision that would bring us on par with the other industrialized nations. Oh well, it's a start, and without a toe in the door...?where would we be?
The effort at HC reform might not be so much as to give coverage to illegals, and those that do not deserve it, merit it, or want it, as it might be to cover some of the 10.2% who have lost it. I have in-laws in that unfortunate position,(formally staunch repubs, well not so much now).
They're lucky though, they'll qualify for Medicare soon, (another version of socialized medicine, that you and I both pay for if we work)(you're still working aren't you Julie?)
We could cut funding for private military contractors to help bolster medicare and medicaid, but that would just push the unemployment numbers higher, Eh? No easy answers.
Just continue to hate, and fear, and loath. That'll get us somewhere, huh?

That's enough for now...JD

luvmylabs23139
11-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Julie, glad to see you're posting your funny images and emoticons once again. I was afraid maybe you'd gotten a smackdown from the mods.
Anyway, the house narrowly passing this watered down HC bill does not mean we're on our way to socialized HC. It has a long way to go, and I believe that the efforts of the right will result (if it happens at all) in the passage of a HC reform bill that pretty much maintains the status quo. I too am dissappointed. I really hoped for a full blown, single payer healthcare revision that would bring us on par with the other industrialized nations. Oh well, it's a start, and without a toe in the door...?where would we be?
The effort at HC reform might not be so much as to give coverage to illegals, and those that do not deserve it, merit it, or want it, as it might be to cover some of the 10.2% who have lost it. I have in-laws in that unfortunate position,(formally staunch repubs, well not so much now).
They're lucky though, they'll qualify for Medicare soon, (another version of socialized medicine, that you and I both pay for if we work)(you're still working aren't you Julie?)
We could cut funding for private military contractors to help bolster medicare and medicaid, but that would just push the unemployment numbers higher, Eh? No easy answers.
Just continue to hate, and fear, and loath. That'll get us somewhere, huh?

That's enough for now...JD

THE GOV"T BETTER STAY THE HECK OUT OF MY HEALTHCARE!!!!!!
Single payer is socialism, and I will be one of the ones that fight it to the death!!!!!!

I will defend the letter of the constitution and not bow down to Tyrany!!!!!

dnf777
11-10-2009, 07:46 PM
I sure am glad this thread stayed on topic and didn't resort to racist photoshops! Notice I said "didn't". There's NOTHING racist about showing the president in tribal garb with teeth stuck through his nose. No sir!

JDogger
11-10-2009, 08:27 PM
THE GOV"T BETTER STAY THE HECK OUT OF MY HEALTHCARE!!!!!!
Single payer is socialism, and I will be one of the ones that fight it to the death!!!!!!

I will defend the letter of the constitution and not bow down to Tyrany!!!!!

I'll say it again, and say it slowly. Medicare and medicaide are socialist programs. My mother counts on her Medicare. As the retired widow of a government employee, (state dept.) she gets continued HC benefits. Even those are not enough without supplemental coverages.
Will you luvmylabs decline medicare when it becomes avaiable to you? (I don't know your age, but will you?)
In the mean time calm down. we have already started the march to socialized medicine. It's just that now you need to be old to capitalize on it. Why not make it available to all? My mother's doctor's, and many others, submit claims to the US Gov for subsidation of HC costs. It has been for so long now that we think Medicare has always been. It has not.
No one's freedoms have been lost.
Well no more so than we lost our freedom' than when we instituted a Dept of Homeland security and started taking our shoes off at the airport to make ourselves more secure:rolleyes:

Gimme a break,

JD

luvmylabs23139
11-10-2009, 08:44 PM
I'll say it again, and say it slowly. Medicare and medicaide are socialist programs. My mother counts on her Medicare. As the retired widow of a government employee, (state dept.) she gets continued HC benefits. Even those are not enough without supplemental coverages.
Will you luvmylabs decline medicare when it becomes avaiable to you? (I don't know your age, but will you?)
In the mean time calm down. we have already started the march to socialized medicine. It's just that now you need to be old to capitalize on it. Why not make it available to all? My mother's doctor's, and many others, submit claims to the US Gov for subsidation of HC costs. It has been for so long now that we think Medicare has always been. It has not.
No one's freedoms have been lost.
Well no more so than we lost our freedom' than when we instituted a Dept of Homeland security and started taking our shoes off at the airport to make ourselves more secure:rolleyes:

Gimme a break,

JD

The gov't steals my money for medicare, I pay so I darn better get what they hijacked from me.
Medicaid, I pay, thru gov't theft but get nothing in return, while those that pay nothing get MY EARNED MONEY!!! THAT IS THEFT AND BS SOCIALISM>
THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO MY MONEY!
I don't want more theft.
If someone broke into my house to steal I can legally defend my property with deadly force in my state.

Julie R.
11-10-2009, 08:57 PM
(you're still working aren't you Julie?)

Dog, I've never worked. I'm living large off public assistance which gives me time to go hug trees and watch my flat screen TV and post stuff on dog forums. I don't even own a dog, I'm a cat person.

Pete
11-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Juli
Thats funny stuff right there
I dint see as a racist poke, rather Obamas healthcare is similar to witchdoctory.
Dave
It would look silly if you dressed a white guy in that garb wouldnt it,, is dressing a white dude in a red flannel shirt,cowboy boots and an elmer fud hat racist.

I still have no idea what racism is.
I always thought it was hating a particular race.

If she had a picture of a black dude in his fancy cloths,with corn rows and a grill is that racism. if so I know alot of black people that hate themselves.
Pete

JDogger
11-10-2009, 09:18 PM
The gov't steals my money for medicare, I pay so I darn better get what they hijacked from me.
Medicaid, I pay, thru gov't theft but get nothing in return, while those that pay nothing get MY EARNED MONEY!!! THAT IS THEFT AND BS SOCIALISM>
THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO MY MONEY!
I don't want more theft.
If someone broke into my house to steal I can legally defend my property with deadly force in my state.

Please keep your guns in your closet 23139 The revnoor's aren't comin to get you. Well not yet anyway. We all have money withheld from our paychecks that we agree or don't agree is legitimate. Our protests fall mostly on deaf ears. Bummer. When you threaten to respond with violence, you draw more attention to yourself. The internet, and indeed this forum are most likely monitored by the people whose job it is to do so.
Be circumspect in your posting's now brother, they are out to get you, Ya know!

JD

dnf777
11-11-2009, 05:51 AM
Juli
Thats funny stuff right there
I dint see as a racist poke, rather Obamas healthcare is similar to witchdoctory.
Dave
It would look silly if you dressed a white guy in that garb wouldnt it,, is dressing a white dude in a red flannel shirt,cowboy boots and an elmer fud hat racist.

I still have no idea what racism is.
I always thought it was hating a particular race.

If she had a picture of a black dude in his fancy cloths,with corn rows and a grill is that racism. if so I know alot of black people that hate themselves.
Pete

I said its NOT racist! Neither are the watermelon and fried chicken dollar bills. Neither was the comment about the escaped gorilla being Michelle's relative. Just good ol' boy jokin' around!

OTOH, showing a white guy in hunting garb and a hat is explicitly racist, since NO guys any of us know would dress in such ridiculous, out of context attire. Especially at a hunt test, or while actually hunting! :rolleyes:

I'm getting the hang of the 1984-style "double-speak". It works great!

Julie R.
11-11-2009, 08:21 AM
So Dave, you're basically saying anything that makes fun of the president or his initiatives, is racist? We shouldn't criticize him, or compare his voodoo health plan to witch doctoring, because you and your ilk think it's racist? FYI you got the tribal part of the cartoon right but I have it on pretty good authority the garb in the photochop is American Indian. Wow, how offensive and racist to insinuate any Native American heritage.
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/WAAAAAaaaaahh.gif http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/queen.gif http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/racist.gif

In fact, the more I hear it, the more I think "That's racist!" has become the rallying cry of liberals in this country, perhaps because they don't have any real substance to get offended over.

ducknwork
11-11-2009, 09:03 AM
It wasn't racist when Dubya was portrayed as a monkey. It would be if O was, even though his ears DO make him look like curious george, regardless of his skin color.

AnishinabeIkwe
11-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Julie – I think you photoshop was hilarious and enjoyed the opportunity to laugh a bit when the subject is so bitter. I think many people have lost the art of laughing at themselves. I do find it disturbing that you’re a cat person, but hey lets try to all get along.

I don’t appreciate being mandated to carry health insurance. I thought I was living in America, land of the free. I don’t know that just doesn’t sound very free.

I do have health insurance but you know what I find odd. When I asked if I could cover my little sister and her son, because they have no health care. I was told NO, I can only buy cover for a spouse, same sex partner or any children that I am the legal guardian of. What the heck!!!!!

They are my family and want to cover them, what difference does it make to anyone? If I wanted to place coverage of the old lady down the road it should not matter to the insurance company.

dnf777
11-11-2009, 10:26 AM
So Dave, you're basically saying anything that makes fun of the president or his initiatives, is racist? We shouldn't criticize him, or compare his voodoo health plan to witch doctoring, because you and your ilk think it's racist? FYI you got the tribal part of the cartoon right but I have it on pretty good authority the garb in the photochop is American Indian. Wow, how offensive and racist to insinuate any Native American heritage.
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/WAAAAAaaaaahh.gif http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/queen.gif http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/racist.gif

In fact, the more I hear it, the more I think "That's racist!" has become the rallying cry of liberals in this country, perhaps because they don't have any real substance to get offended over.

Julie, with all due respect, if anyone has to explain how that is racist to you, then you would not understand.

If you were ever to meet a Tuskeegee Airman, would you be comfortabe have a knee-slappin' laugh in front of them with that picture? (you can google that if you've never heard of them)

As I get older, I try to be a little more sensitive to what my be hurtful to others. That picture does't hurt me one bit, but there are many who would be, so I try to curb it a little bit when I see it. I'm no policeman, but you might find life more enjoyable if you try to channel more postive energy, and less hatred.

Have a nice day,
dave