PDA

View Full Version : Binocular Recommendations

Gene
11-09-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm looking for a high quality pair of binoculars. I have a pair of Swarovski 10 x 32 El's. They are small and light. Good for field trials, dog work, turkey hunting, bow hunting. The problem I have with them is low light conditions. Deer hunting in fields where I need to see good particularly near dark they don't do like I want and I need something better for low light conditions. I'd appreciate some input on what you like and where you've found the best deal. Thanks, Gene

Brandoned
11-10-2009, 08:09 AM
I'm looking for a high quality pair of binoculars. I have a pair of Swarovski 10 x 32 El's. They are small and light. Good for field trials, dog work, turkey hunting, bow hunting. The problem I have with them is low light conditions. Deer hunting in fields where I need to see good particularly near dark they don't do like I want and I need something better for low light conditions. I'd appreciate some input on what you like and where you've found the best deal. Thanks, Gene

Gene, I personally like Zeiss the best for binoculars. I can't remember right off what size mine are, but you can see great in low light conditions. I went to Bass Pro and looked at them before I bought them, of course Bass Pro was $200 higher than anywhere I had priced them. I bought mine in Birmingham at Mark's Outdoors. You will not beat the prices they have on any scopes or binoculars. http://www.marksoutdoors.com/

birdhunter66
11-10-2009, 08:40 AM
I'll 2nd the Zeiss recommendation. Swarovski in either the SLC or the EL's is also and excellent choice. If you want to save some money thought and get great glass the Meopta is a great binoculars as well. My personal favorite for hunting is the SLC Swarovski 7x42. Excellent in low light and general viewing. Has the same glass as the EL's for about $700-$800 less. I can tell you out of the big three euro's that Swarovski has the absolute best customer service and they really stand behind their product. I have a friend that owns a gun shop here in NC and if you want his phone number to call and check prices I'll gladly give it to you. He has the best deals of anyone in the state.

Gene
11-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Thanks for input. I purchased a pair of Swarovski SLC 10 x 50. Bought them from a company in Louisiana called Sport Optics. sportoptics.com. The owner, Chris helped me to make the decision on what to get. He is one of if not the top Swarovski dealers in U.S. Good customer service. Next day shipping at no extra charge. Good prices on binoculars and on accessories.

Gene

Brad B
11-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Steiner 8x56 are the best I have. Just had them refurbished and put many a mile on them with no complainants. Also have a smaller lighter pair of Steiners that stay in the truck but I don't know what power they are. Both have very good low light capabilities. I've used the 56mm pair at night in my police work and it's as good as night vision for us.

birdhunter66
11-11-2009, 08:13 AM
Gene, you made a great choice. I went through three pair of binoculars Nikon Monarch 8x42, Kahles 8x42, and Bushnell Elite before purchasing the Swarovski SLC's. I love the SLC and will never part with them unless Swarovski comes up with something better in the SLC line. Best of luck. birdhunter66