PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Court Justices

Roger Perry
11-10-2009, 05:33 PM
John Stevens 88 years old
Ruth Ginsberg 75 Years old
Antonin Scalia 72 Years old
Anthony Kennedy 71 Years Old

How many will President Obama have to replace before he leaves office?

BonMallari
11-10-2009, 06:12 PM
I think two since he will be a one term POTUS...Stevens and Ginsberg...the process being as brutal and invasive as it has become. I wish the terms were not lifetime appointments, but since they are I wish a lifelong term for all the SCOTUS

Bob Gutermuth
11-10-2009, 09:14 PM
God willing none, his first appointment was a simple exercise in political correctness not in judicial selection.

luvmylabs23139
11-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Hopefully zero!!!! We already are stuck with one from him who does not believe in word of the constitution. That whore does not belong on the supreme court!!!!!!!!

JDogger
11-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Hopefully zero!!!! We already are stuck with one from him who does not believe in word of the constitution. That whore does not belong on the supreme court!!!!!!!!

Please don't hold back...tell us what you really think

JD

luvmylabs23139
11-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Please don't hold back...tell us what you really think

JD
That was the sensored version!!!!!

JDogger
11-10-2009, 10:23 PM
That was the sensored version!!!!!
That would be censored...Que no?

JD

Blackstone
11-11-2009, 09:57 AM

That kind of name calling is really inappropriate and uncalled for.

Roger Perry
11-11-2009, 10:02 AM

Name calling, telling lies and belittling people is what the Right does time after time when they don't get their way.

ducknwork
11-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Name calling, telling lies and belittling people is what the Right does time after time when they don't get their way.

Pot, meet kettle.

In that regard, the left is no different.

JDogger
11-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Pot, meet kettle.

In that regard, the left is no different.

please cite ONE post you have made concerning the democratic party or the people you paint with the broad brush "liberal" which was not negative.-Paul

JD

luvmylabs23139
11-11-2009, 10:36 AM

My opinion of the b*tch!

Blackstone
11-11-2009, 10:49 AM
My opinion of the b*tch!

It might be your “opinion”, but it still doesn’t make it appropriate. Your continued derogatory and sexist remarks about her really don’t present a very good image of you either.

BonMallari
11-11-2009, 10:53 AM

My opinion of the b*tch!

You are entitled to your opinion but as Blackstone pointed out it is inappropriate for this forum. I would hate to see this forum closed by the powers that be,because of posts such as yours..I think you could find other adjectives to convey your displeasure with a SCOTUS appointee ..

Blackstone
11-11-2009, 10:53 AM

The kind of disparaging comments made by luvmylabs goes a little beyond partisan politics.

Brandoned
11-11-2009, 10:55 AM
It might be your “opinion”, but it still doesn’t make it appropriate. Your continued derogatory and sexist remarks about her really don’t present a very good image of you either.

But had he said that about Sarah Palin you and several others would have been ok with it....right? I'm not saying what he said was right, just making a point!

Blackstone
11-11-2009, 11:13 AM
But had he said that about Sarah Palin you and several others would have been ok with it....right? I'm not saying what he said was right, just making a point!

Brandoned,

Actually, you are not making a point. I do not know how you came to your conclusion about what is “ok” with me, but you are wrong. It would not have been ok with me if someone had made similar comments about Sarah Palin. It would have still been just as inappropriate, and I would have made the same comments. There is really no reason for comments like that (unless, of course, luvmylab has some intimate knowledge of her sexual habits).

dnf777
11-11-2009, 11:17 AM
That whore does not belong on the supreme court!!!!!!!!

Nice, very nice. Good to hear sophisticated, mature political discussion.

ducknwork
11-11-2009, 11:38 AM
please cite ONE post you have made concerning the democratic party or the people you paint with the broad brush "liberal" which was not negative.-Paul

JD

How so?

BTW, here is one example for you. I'll do you one better. I even agreed with Roger.:shock:

Roger: Should Obama and his staff turn the economy around (remember he still has 3 years to do so) you may see him in office for another 4 years after that.

Me: You are correct. If the economy turns around, whether by his doing or just part of a natural cycle, we will have 8 years of Obama.

And another, but I think I'm tapped out after this one. LOL I even accepted him as my president, something that many have trouble with.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I wish that he was nobody's president, but as much as I dislike what he wants to do, he is still everyone's prez. It's just that he seems to be more of a messiah to some rather than just a president.

Wish in one hand regards,

Go back and read the original post of mine that paul refuted and my response to him. You will see that I was not saying that I think RP should talk about conservatives in a positive light, but that he bashes just for the sake of bashing. When I talk negatively of liberals and their agenda, that is not my purpose. I don't believe many liberals on her could come up with more than a handful of posts that aren't negative regarding conservatives and vice versa. We are all guilty of the same thing. The difference is that most of us have a purpose that goes beyond just talking smack.

luvmylabs23139
11-11-2009, 11:49 AM
She does not belong on the supreme court!!!!! She said that it was fine to toss out the promotions of the New Haven firefighters because not enough minorities earned the promotion, she does not uphold the second ammendment. SHE IS RASIST!!!
By the way I am a she not a he!

JDogger
11-11-2009, 12:11 PM
How so?

BTW, here is one example for you. I'll do you one better. I even agreed with Roger.:shock:

Roger: Should Obama and his staff turn the economy around (remember he still has 3 years to do so) you may see him in office for another 4 years after that.

Me: You are correct. If the economy turns around, whether by his doing or just part of a natural cycle, we will have 8 years of Obama.

And another, but I think I'm tapped out after this one. LOL I even accepted him as my president, something that many have trouble with.

Go back and read the original post of mine that paul refuted and my response to him. You will see that I was not saying that I think RP should talk about conservatives in a positive light, but that he bashes just for the sake of bashing. I think he really believes what he writes. When I talk negatively of liberals and their agenda, that is not my purpose. I think you really believe that. "I don't believe many liberals on her could come up with more than a handful of posts that aren't negative regarding conservatives and vice versa. We are all guilty of the same thing. The difference is that most of us have a purpose that goes beyond just talking smack."

You get the contradiction in your last three sentences? No...probably not.

I still find you funny though.:smile:

JD

Roger Perry
11-11-2009, 01:24 PM
She does not belong on the supreme court!!!!! She said that it was fine to toss out the promotions of the New Haven firefighters because not enough minorities earned the promotion, she does not uphold the second ammendment. SHE IS RASIST!!!

Had me fooled by your foul mouth.

Blackstone
11-11-2009, 01:33 PM

I do not remember assigning a gender to you, but if I did, I apologize for the error.

I find it curious that, as a woman, you would be so eager to make such blatantly derogatory and offensive remarks about another woman, especially since they have nothing to do with her political or judicial opinions. Do you feel it would be appropriate for people that hold opinions that are opposed your to make similar comments about you?

Well, one thing is for sure, if she is a racist, she won't be the first one to serve on the Supreme Court.

ducknwork
11-11-2009, 11:07 PM
You get the contradiction in your last three sentences? No...probably not.

I still find you funny though.:smile:

JD

I think you just don't understand what I said. Or don't want to understand what I said. It makes perfect sense.

aandw
11-12-2009, 01:48 PM
rodger,
i find the quote you use as a signature offensive. and it is probably not be true. http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_president_bush_call_the_constitution_a.html

i don't know her personally so i am not qualified to call her a whore. i doubt anyone on here is qualified. but based on some of her speeches and comments i would say she sounds like an activist and racist.

ducknwork
11-12-2009, 03:41 PM
rodger,
i find the quote you use as a signature offensive. and it is probably not be true. http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_president_bush_call_the_constitution_a.html

i don't know her personally so i am not qualified to call her a whore. i doubt anyone on here is qualified. but based on some of her speeches and comments i would say she sounds like an activist and racist.

When has roger ever cared?

From your link:

We judge that the odds that the report is accurate hover near zero. It comes from Capitol Hill Blue, a Web site that has a history of relying on phony sources, retracting stories and apologizing to its readers.

Capitol Hill Blue does offer one sound bit of advice, under the heading of "Just the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions):"
Capitol Hill Blue:

Should we believe what you print simply because you say it is so?

Absolutely not. You should read many publications and draw your own conclusions.

Interestingly enough, Capitol Hill Blue is a site that he references quite regularly when posting drivel.