PDA

View Full Version : Goose calls

btbrown
11-10-2009, 07:36 PM
I've been reviewing the duck call threads and see a lot of recommendations for the Primos Wench, Duck Commander calls, or Haydel DR-85 for decent low cost calls. Wondering what the recommendations are for Canada goose calls. Went out last weekend and a buddy found a Primos Hunter's Select Flute call in another buddy's basement. Had (to my ears) a great sound, and I know he doesn't have much experience. Any thoughts on that call or recommendations for something in the $20 to $35 range? I'm looking to upgrade both my duck and goose calls, but on a budget after sending my first off to college.

FWIW, we limited out in 45 minutes that day. But we were where the birds wanted to be - we could have had the UCLA marching band going through the decoys and they would have dropped into that field! What a day!

Thanks for any suggestions - Brad

Fowlfeller1100
11-10-2009, 10:32 PM
I know its off topic but where the heck are there large numbers ducks in the Adirondacks? Champlain?

lizard55033
11-10-2009, 11:54 PM
Best goose call in that price range (IMO one of the best out there) is the Lohman Big river Flute call. At $25 its hard to beat. Take very little air to crack the call over and the call has all the built in back pressure so you don't need much hand work; except to change the note tones....

btbrown
11-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Both of the ducks in the Adirondacks landed in my spread this morning before legal shooting time!

There's just not much around at all right now in my area, should pick up in a few weeks I would hope. Large numbers? Never really seen large numbers in the southern Adirondacks where I live. Went to college in St. Lawrence county, plenty up there and I hear Champlain can be real good. I just don't get the chance to go that far.

I know its off topic but where the heck are there large numbers ducks in the Adirondacks? Champlain?