PDA

View Full Version : One less turd!

dnf777
11-11-2009, 05:54 AM
The DC sniper bit the dust last night. A victory for the Justice System, finally! Sorry about the crude thread title, but it seemed appropriate.

Too bad we have to support his accomplice for the rest of his life.

ducknwork
11-11-2009, 06:12 AM
We should support both of them for the rest of their life. An eye for an eye was a long time ago. Yes, I am saying I am against the death penalty, for anyone.

When you go to prison, it should be miserable. You should have no tv, no air conditioning, no basketball, no weight training, no freedom. You should be locked in solitary and given bread and water to eat and drink. Many people that go to prison have it better there than outside of prison. If you do something worthy of being sent to prison, it should be a punishment. You should not be comfortable.

Run prisons like that, and it will deter criminals and save us money on supporting the oxygen thieves for the rest of their lives.

Bob Gutermuth
11-11-2009, 06:18 AM
I am against a life without parole sentence being the maximum. Prisoners excape, judges turn them lose, they can still kill guards and other prisoners. Once they have been executed we have a rehabilitated criminal who will never re-offend.

Pete
11-11-2009, 08:07 AM
We ought to let the relatives of the victoms pull the lever.
I know if that happened to me ,,that would make me feel better and at least provide a little closure.

Why waist a productive moment.

Pete

Julie R.
11-11-2009, 08:35 AM
This is one thing I agree wholeheartedly with dnf777 over--I only wish this murdering POS suffered a horrible painful death like his victims.

I've met the judge who tried and sentenced him, Paul Ebert. He's someone I think most people on this board would like, a fine man and a duck hunter :D.

Steve Amrein
11-11-2009, 12:46 PM
The truely sad thing is that the families that lost loved ones to this dirt bag still have to suffer unlike the murderer.

Franco
11-11-2009, 02:28 PM
The DC sniper bit the dust last night. A victory for the Justice System, finally! Sorry about the crude thread title, but it seemed appropriate.

Too bad we have to support his accomplice for the rest of his life.

The execution only happened because it was such a high-profile case. Where is the Justice System functioning with all the others condemend to die?

Hew
11-11-2009, 03:03 PM
The truely sad thing is that the families that lost loved ones to this dirt bag still have to suffer unlike the murderer.
That's why there's some poetic justice that the Ft. Hood shooter is paralyzed and will have to live with the knowledge that a woman did it to him (if news accounts are accurate).

subroc
11-11-2009, 03:42 PM
We should support both of them for the rest of their life. An eye for an eye was a long time ago. Yes, I am saying I am against the death penalty, for anyone.

When you go to prison, it should be miserable. You should have no tv, no air conditioning, no basketball, no weight training, no freedom. You should be locked in solitary and given bread and water to eat and drink. Many people that go to prison have it better there than outside of prison. If you do something worthy of being sent to prison, it should be a punishment. You should not be comfortable.

Run prisons like that, and it will deter criminals and save us money on supporting the oxygen thieves for the rest of their lives.

I am not saying if I am for or against the death penalty.
I just want to comment on your theoretical punishment. While that is what you would like to see, that doesn’t represent reality.

ducknwork
11-11-2009, 10:03 PM
I am not saying if I am for or against the death penalty.
I just want to comment on your theoretical punishment. While that is what you would like to see, that doesn’t represent reality.

Why should prison be 'cushy'? Make it really suck so people don't want to be there...