PDA

View Full Version : A nice article about Dubya

Hew
11-11-2009, 04:52 PM
I didn't always agree with Bush's decisions and often cringed when he spoke, but I always have a great deal of respect and admiration for him. He dignified and respected the office he held. He wasn't small-minded, petty or vengeful. He served the country with a servant's heart. He put the interests of the country above his own political interests or the interests of his party. He tried to be the President to everyone; not just Republicans. He was deeply moved by the service and sacrifices of our military, and the sacrifices weighed heavily upon him. He didn't act like a king...he knew he was a servant of, and to the people. In short, he was a humble and gracious man who served in a time of great difficulty without complaint and with dignity and class.

Here's an article, written by gay, Hillary supporting, life-long Democrats that acknowledges George and Laura Bush's inherent class and spirit of giving that I referred to above: http://hillbuzz.org/2009/11/10/thank-you-former-president-george-w-bush-and-former-first-lady-laura-bush/ If you have time, at the bottom of that artilcle there's a link to an equally-nice article they wrote when Bush left office.

subroc
11-11-2009, 05:25 PM
I read them both...

dnf777
11-11-2009, 05:30 PM
I didn't always agree with Bush's decisions and often cringed when he spoke, but I always have a great deal of respect and admiration for him. He dignified and respected the office he held. He wasn't small-minded, petty or vengeful. He served the country with a servant's heart. He put the interests of the country above his own political interests or the interests of his party. He tried to be the President to everyone; not just Republicans. He was deeply moved by the service and sacrifices of our military, and the sacrifices weighed heavily upon him. He didn't act like a king...he knew he was a servant of, and to the people. In short, he was a humble and gracious man who served in a time of great difficulty without complaint and with dignity and class.

Here's an article, written by gay, Hillary supporting, life-long Democrats that acknowledges George and Laura Bush's inherent class and spirit of giving that I referred to above: http://hillbuzz.org/2009/11/10/thank-you-former-president-george-w-bush-and-former-first-lady-laura-bush/ If you have time, at the bottom of that artilcle there's a link to an equally-nice article they wrote when Bush left office.

If you need to borrow some Kleenex, just let me know.....got a little something brown on your nose there......:(

road kill
11-11-2009, 05:33 PM
If you need to borrow some Kleenex, just let me know.....got a little something brown on your nose there......:(
Maybe, but you guys got it on your shoes!!:D

dnf777
11-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Maybe, but you guys got it on your shoes!!:D

Never walk behind the horses....

road kill
11-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Never walk behind the horses....

Or the ELEPHANTS!!!:shock:

(c'mon, that is a good one!!)

Hoosier
11-11-2009, 06:05 PM

Be careful Hew, if you take that tissue, our good physician will probably bill you $250 for it.

subroc
11-11-2009, 06:09 PM
we can't expect dnf777 to read them.

WindyCreek
11-11-2009, 06:16 PM

The posting talks of a former Commander in Chief and his wife honoring those who sacrificed while serving their Nation.

I understand quite well your reference to "brown" don't see anything brown about the orignal posting.

As one of 25million Veterans and the father of another in our Nation of 300 million citizens, I personally take great offense to the senseless posting quoted above on this day that was set aside to honor all Veterans.

JDogger
11-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Read 'em then decided to do a little googling.

http://www.mydd.com/story/2008/6/5/23212/82795

Seems the majority of hits on Hillbuzz come from wealthy, conservative, well educated, middle-aged white women. An interesting demographic for a blog purporting to be gay Hillary supporters. They seem now to have shifted to Palin. Dino's? Troll?

The internet is a wonderful thing. You can find almost anything you want.

Go do a google. There's some differing opinions about this blog. Decide for yourself.

JD

dnf777
11-11-2009, 06:29 PM
As one of 25million Veterans and the father of another in our Nation of 300 million citizens, I personally take great offense to the senseless posting quoted above on this day that was set aside to honor all Veterans.

As another one of the 25 million veterans, and the husband of one, I take great offense the the senseless taking of offense to the senseless JOKE that was directed at Hew.

Believe me, if Hew took offense (and it takes more than that!) he would be the first to let me know in a very clever way.

WindyCreek
11-11-2009, 06:48 PM
As another one of the 25 million veterans, and the husband of one, I take great offense the the senseless taking of offense to the senseless JOKE that was directed at Hew.

Believe me, if Hew took offense (and it takes more than that!) he would be the first to let me know in a very clever way.

It isn't whether he took offense, I did. I left out part of our heritage, I am also the husband of a Veteran as well. Between us we represent 46 years (and still counting) combined service to our Nation.

Happy Veterans Day and thank both you and your husband for your service, that is sincere and in no way sarcasm.

dnf777
11-11-2009, 06:59 PM
NOW you've done it! I really take offense to you thinking I have a husband! :shock: I'm happily, heterosexually married to a hot babe who could fill out army polyester green like nobody's business!

Have a good one my friend...lets save all our "offense" for the jerks that would harm our troops. They're the ones who deserve it!

road kill
11-11-2009, 07:58 PM
NOW you've done it! I really take offense to you thinking I have a husband! :shock: I'm happily, heterosexually married to a hot babe who could fill out army polyester green like nobody's business!

Have a good one my friend...lets save all our "offense" for the jerks that would harm our troops. They're the ones who deserve it!
You mean the radical Islamic Terrorists??
The ones now identified by the left in America as "Conservative Islamists??"

code3retrievers
11-11-2009, 08:57 PM

Interesting! One of our local papers referred to the terrorists with just those words (conservative islamists) the other day. Is this some type of Obama talking point?

dnf777
11-11-2009, 09:42 PM

Call them what you want, we both know who they are.

As for the "conservative Islamists", its just the progressives doing to the term "conservative" what the conservatives did to the term "liberal" in the 90s. Its brand association, and very effective when it catches hold. Ask any "progressive".

Hew
11-12-2009, 04:26 AM
Read 'em then decided to do a little googling.

http://www.mydd.com/story/2008/6/5/23212/82795

Seems the majority of hits on Hillbuzz come from wealthy, conservative, well educated, middle-aged white women. An interesting demographic for a blog purporting to be gay Hillary supporters. They seem now to have shifted to Palin. Dino's? Troll?

The internet is a wonderful thing. You can find almost anything you want.

Go do a google. There's some differing opinions about this blog. Decide for yourself.

JD
LOL. Nice work Detective JDog.

As of now, 161 people have read this thread and what you wrote. 154 of them are relatively wealthy and conservative. Applying your above logic, that means that you obviously can't be a Liberal's Liberal.

It's a couple of Democrat gay dude's opinions. They're not trying to win an Edward R. Murrow Award for Investigative Journalism. Agree with them or don't. I do appreciate you taking the time to read the articles, though. Maybe they softened your THC-addled heart. ;):p

Gerry Clinchy
11-12-2009, 08:05 AM
Seems the majority of hits on Hillbuzz come from wealthy, conservative, well educated, middle-aged white women. An interesting demographic for a blog purporting to be gay Hillary supporters.

Is there a reason to suspect that this demographic is any less intelligent or thoughtful than any other demographic? Perhaps the fact that they read this blog is an indication of open minds willing to listen to other perspectives.

I note that the referenced URL was dated June 2008 ... during the heat of the campaign.

JDogger
11-12-2009, 10:35 AM
The tone of the articles on GWB are in the same tone as all of the blog. Gay? Yes. Conservative? Yes. Why they have the self-label of life-long democrats I have no idea. Maybe identity blur as well as gender blur.
The reason I thought the demographic interesting was because it was no surprise. Nothing to do with any comment on intelligence.
If you choose to believe that the two GWB pieces come from a couple of now apologetic gay democrat dudes, so be it. I do not.

JD

Hoosier
11-12-2009, 10:58 AM
The tone of the articles on GWB are in the same tone as all of the blog. Gay? Yes. Conservative? Yes. Why they have the self-label of life-long democrats I have no idea. Maybe identity blur as well as gender blur.
The reason I thought the demographic interesting was because it was no surprise. Nothing to do with any comment on intelligence.
If you choose to believe that the two GWB pieces come a couple of now apologetic gay democrat dudes, so be it. I do not.

JD

This post seems a little homophobic, and coming from the far left at that.

JDogger
11-12-2009, 02:58 PM
This post seems a little homophobic, and coming from the far left at that.

Nay, conservophobic.;)

JD

Gerry Clinchy
11-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Geez! Just because somebody had something positive to say about GW's humanity & compassion, people get their knickers in a twist? Just because someone has said that in spite of policies that might have been questionable, the man was not evil personified?

BHO should be as fortunate to have someone offer such a tribute when he has become a "former President".

As for the "real" political position (or gender position) of the author, does it make the statements made less true?

Hoosier
11-20-2009, 08:41 PM
and (http://www.3stepads.com/66774/did-you-get-it/)the exotic (http://www.3stepads.com/66151/heaven/)touch (http://www.3stepads.com/65703/you-who/)her voice (http://www.3stepads.com/65214/casually-xu/)excited (http://www.3stepads.com/64021/quickly/)

Spammer !!