PDA

View Full Version : Former La. congressman sentenced to 13 years

Roger Perry
11-14-2009, 09:52 AM
ALEXANDRIA, Va. - A former Louisiana congressman who famously hid $90,000 cash in his freezer was sentenced Friday to 13 years in prison for taking bribes, the longest term ever imposed on a congressman for bribery charges.
William Jefferson, a Democrat who represented parts of New Orleans for nearly 20 years, was convicted in August of taking roughly $500,000 in bribes and seeking millions more in exchange for using his influence to broker business deals in Africa.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33915800/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Let's prosicute all the crooked politicians and put them in jail where they belong.

subroc
11-14-2009, 10:20 AM
even you can't spin this (find a way to blame the republicans), might as well get on board.

dnf777
11-14-2009, 10:47 AM
even you can't spin this (find a way to blame the republicans), might as well get on board.

who's trying to spin this? He was caught, given his day in court, found guilty by a jury of his peers, and sentenced. The American justice system worked in this case. If it continues to work properly, perhaps Bernie Madoff, Wm Jefferson, and Tom DeLay will all be roomies at upstate pen?? Would YOU like to get on board with that?

code3retrievers
11-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Just waiting to see how Roger blames Bush for this one.

subroc
11-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Just waiting to see how Roger blames Bush for this one.

exactly...

luvmylabs23139
11-14-2009, 09:58 PM
charlie Rangle and Dodd are stilll not in jail, so no the system does not work!!!

subroc
11-14-2009, 11:26 PM
I am pleased that they finally got this guy. I think we has a few posts on this BB where we discussed this.

How about the unindicted co-conspirator from Pennsylvania?

Franco
11-15-2009, 06:47 AM
charlie Rangle and Dodd are stilll not in jail, so no the system does not work!!!

Just some of the crooks in DC that need to serve time!

Willie Jefferson got 13 years but will serve less for good behavior and I'll bet he is hoping for a Presidential pardon. The man stole millions over the years and should spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Willie's brother, Moses was also convicted in state court for bribary and is awaiting sentencing.

Eric Johnson
11-15-2009, 06:53 AM
I don't believe that there is "time off for good behavior" in the Federal system. A Presidential pardon is a different issue.

Eric