PDA

View Full Version : whos next in 2012

starjack
11-16-2009, 05:29 PM
who do you think will run in in 2012. my guess is going to be palin-rice

K G
11-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Wonder what Vegas would make the odds of that pairing?

Couple of BILLION to one regards, ;-)

kg

BonMallari
11-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Condolezza Rice is done with politics, she will make more in the private sector than she could ever hope to in politics. I am sure she has had her fill of Washington and will be forever linked to the GWB administration, too much of an intellect to be in the DC cesspool.

Palin is damaged goods, her personal life would never hold up to the public scrutiny,too much fodder for the brand of tabloid journalism that seems to come out during Presidential campaign season

dnf777
11-17-2009, 05:54 AM
I think you'd find it difficult to get ANYONE with any modicum of intellect to play second fiddle to a mental pygmy like Palin. Someone suggested Ted Nugent?? (I can't find the emoticon ROTFLMFAO or I'd use it here) Condy Rice....although I disagree with her tactics and politics, she is head, shoulders, and torso above Ms. Palin, and would not spend ANOTHER 4 years "dumbing down" to fit in a program. (that was a compliment to Ms. Rice) That oughta get the flames started!

Edit: Just heard a quote from former Utah republican, US Ambassador to China Huntsman on the release of Ms. Palin's book: "if you a republican, it's a good time to be in Beijing!"

Franco
11-17-2009, 09:45 AM
If the Republicans were foolish enough to run Palin in 2012, Obama would win by a landslide.

I just hope the GOP is not that dysfunctional and that they would give us a candidate with a reasonable chance to win back the White House.

road kill
11-17-2009, 09:50 AM
I think you'd find it difficult to get ANYONE with any modicum of intellect to play second fiddle to a mental pygmy like Palin. Someone suggested Ted Nugent?? (I can't find the emoticon ROTFLMFAO or I'd use it here) Condy Rice....although I disagree with her tactics and politics, she is head, shoulders, and torso above Ms. Palin, and would not spend ANOTHER 4 years "dumbing down" to fit in a program. (that was a compliment to Ms. Rice) That oughta get the flames started!

Edit: Just heard a quote from former Utah republican, US Ambassador to China Huntsman on the release of Ms. Palin's book: "if you a republican, it's a good time to be in Beijing!"

WOW!!

That is "colorful!!":D

Remember folks, to the left Harvard, Yale or Princeton is total wisdom.

K G
11-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Assuming you meant "wisdom," there is a HUGE difference between "wisdom" and "smart."

Neither political party in this country has a monopoly on either, and is sadly lacking in both.

kg

Steve Amrein
11-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Assuming you meant "wisdom," there is a HUGE difference between "wisdom" and "smart."

Neither political party in this country has a monopoly on either, and is sadly lacking in both.

kg

Along with truth, integrity and courage.

Steve Amrein
11-17-2009, 10:34 AM

Your comments are marginalizing any credibility for future comments to be taken seriously.

Bob Gutermuth
11-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Osama will lose by a landslide in 2012 regardless of who the GOP runs, he is that bad and incompetent.

Golddogs
11-17-2009, 11:26 AM
I would not rule out Pawlenty. Find a woman VP candidate with common sense and a good haircut, stay away from single topic platforms and it would be fun to watch.

If the economy and conflicts continue on there present course, not to mention the health care mess, he cannot be re-elected.

ducknwork
11-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Jeff/Dave '12

vs

RK/Gutermuth '12

dnf777
11-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Your comments are marginalizing any credibility for future comments to be taken seriously.

I take it that goes for Amb. Huntsman also?? Or the 55% of republicans who don't think Palin is fit to be president? If you read through the digs at Palin, you can see I was actually very complimentary to Ms. Rice....or is THAT what undermines my credibility in your eyes? :D Afterall, I was trying to cut her some slack, after being wrong about everything she said about Iraq, but I figure you don't get supertankers named after you if you're a dummy.

As for being taken seriously, NOTHING THAT ANY INDEPENDENT OR PROGRESSIVE SAYS HERE that is favorable to Obama or contrary to Bush or his lieutenants is taken seriously by a large cadre of posters here, so that doesn't bother me. Even moderate republicans are tossed under the dog trailer!

road kill
11-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Jeff/Dave '12

vs

RK/Julie R. '12

Fixed!!

The winning ticket!!;)

Leddyman
11-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Governor Palin is neither stupid nor uninformed. If any, I mean ANY, of the Brainstorms you guys bow down to on the Democrat side had to face half the scrutiny and personal attacks that Palin has faced they would be destroyed.

I would put her up against Pelosi, Biden, and Reid any day. Idiots three.

Matt Weberpal
11-17-2009, 08:17 PM
I'm on leddyman's side. Dnf777 turn off CNN and pick up "GOING ROGUE". You will quickly see that Palin is much more than what we saw last November. Just my $.02

Bubba
11-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Governor Palin is neither stupid nor uninformed. If any, I mean ANY, of the Brainstorms you guys bow down to on the Democrat side had to face half the scrutiny and personal attacks that Palin has faced they would be destroyed.

I would put her up against Pelosi, Biden, and Reid any day. Idiots three.

Me too. On top of that she has a great rack- which is sorely missing on the others mentioned.

Priorities regards

Bubba

dnf777
11-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Me too. On top of that she has a great rack- which is sorely missing on the others mentioned.

Priorities regards

Bubba

I agree with Bubba!!!

JDogger
11-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Ms. Prejean was mentioned on FOX tonight as a possible. Now there's a candidate fer ya!! Go fer it.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/mouse.gif

JD

Nate_C
11-17-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm on leddyman's side. Dnf777 turn off CNN and pick up "GOING ROGUE". You will quickly see that Palin is much more than what we saw last November. Just my $.02

How much of that do you think she wrote or really contributed. I have never seen her have an intelligent off the cuff conversation. Every interview is rehearsed. She stays away from any pressure situations or any group that would challenge her.
It is funny when the right talks about wisdom vs. smart. What they mean by wisdom is conforming to traditional right wing beliefs and edicts. real wisdom comes from experience which she has almost none. She has been a figure head almost her whole life. She was gov. of the 4th smallest state by population which has a fixed economy, and before that a mayor of a town of what 700 people, and a figure head for the oil industry.
Begin a hockey mom does not give you insight into complex economic issues, budget execution, international affairs........ She is neither smart not wise in areas that would aid her in being president. And though you want to think everyone hates Obama they don't. Palin has to win Florida, Ohio, ...ect... and other swing states that will go with Obama unless the Republicans can give them a solid, likeable and capable alternative
What about Romney,Condoleezza Rice, Colin Powell ... I wonder if they love Jesus enough to get the nomination. Sorry if that comment offend anyone, I am very religious and don't want to use the saviors name lightly however I said it to make a point that politicians like Palin and G.W.Bush use their religion as a political accessory t make up for a lack of capability. Like the savior cares about republicans vs. democrats.

JDogger
11-17-2009, 11:59 PM
Hi Nate,

Good post, comon'in, the water's fine!

JD

code3retrievers
11-18-2009, 12:37 AM
It is funny when the right talks about wisdom vs. smart. What they mean by wisdom is conforming to traditional right wing beliefs and edicts. real wisdom comes from experience which she has almost none. She has been a figure head almost her whole life. She was gov. of the 4th smallest state by population which has a fixed economy, and before that a mayor of a town of what 700 people, and a figure head for the oil industry.

Sorry, but she still had more experience than Obama.

As far as religion why is it that its OK for Obama to talk about his religion and speak about his faith but not for the other side? I'm guessing Obama has quoted scripture twice as many times already then Bush did his entire presidency.

Bush never threw his beliefs in anyone's face. He spoke of his faith when asked about it or when he wanted to talk about what gave him strength.

ducknwork
11-18-2009, 08:20 AM
real wisdom comes from experience which she has almost none. I had to laugh out loud at this comment...I would not bring up this if you are trying to defend Obama...

Colin Powell Colin Powell?! You mean the guy who traded sides of the aisle for skin color?

Julie R.
11-18-2009, 09:01 AM
How much of that do you think he wrote or really contributed. I have never seen him have an intelligent off the cuff conversation. Every interview is rehearsed. He stays away from any pressure situations or any group that would challenge him. In fact he uses his Presidential position to try and discredit or eliminate any news organizaiton that disapproves or challenges him.
It is funny when the left talks about wisdom vs. smart. What they mean by wisdom is conforming to traditional left wing beliefs and edicts. real wisdom comes from experience which he has almost none. He has been a figure head almost his whole life. He was a junior senator with a lackluster attendance record and before that a community organizer, and a figure head for affirmative action.
Begin a community organizer does not give you insight into complex economic issues, budget execution, international affairs........ He is neither smart not wise in areas that would aid him in being president. And though you want to think everyone hates Palin they don't. Obomo has to win Florida, Ohio, ...ect... and other swing states where he promised things he can't deliver and any party that can give them a solid, likeable and capable alternative will win by a landslide.
What about Romney,Condoleezza Rice, Colin Powell ... I wonder if they love Jesus enough to get the nomination. Sorry if that comment offend anyone, I am very religious and don't want to use the saviors name lightly however I said it to make a point that politicians like Obomo use their religion as a political accessory t make up for a lack of capability. Like the savior cares about republicans vs. democrats.

There....fixed it for ya. ;-)

Matt Weberpal
11-18-2009, 08:34 PM
darn code 3 beat me to it. She has more experience than Obama. Unless of course you think acorn, bill ayers, rev. wright have anything to offer. At least Palin stands for something. Obama is friends with everybody and really hasn't done anything except make "everyone" feel good. I'm not against the Dems. but STAND FOR SOMETHING ALREADY! Even if it's not in my favor.

dnf777
11-18-2009, 09:08 PM

I haven't watched CNN for a long time. As for "Going Rogue", I plan on reading it as soon as I finish "Green Eggs and Ham".

Actually, I'm reading "Highest Duty" by Capt. Sully. Imagine if HE had Palin's attitude towards tough situations! "oh, its the 'gotcha geese' again!" "I QUIT"

disclaimer: any resemblance to actual quotes or actions is purely intentional

Gun_Dog2002
11-18-2009, 09:15 PM
I think you'd find it difficult to get ANYONE with any modicum of intellect to play second fiddle to a mental pygmy like Palin.

Why not? Obama did....

/Paul

Gun_Dog2002
11-18-2009, 09:16 PM

Priorities regards

Bubba

Thats right and she shot it herself. Course large racks are easier to find in Alaska and Hollywood....

/Paul

Pals
11-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Julie-

Hit that nail right on the head-good post.