PDA

View Full Version : Psalm 109:8

MJMontgomery
11-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Traffic was moving slowly, and a car in front of us had an Obama bumper sticker on it.

It read: "Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8".

Of course I had to look up the verse and it read:

><>
Psalm 109:8

"Let his days be few; and let another take his office."

JDogger
11-17-2009, 11:32 PM
Traffic was moving slowly, and a car in front of us had an Obama bumper sticker on it.

><>

Hi MJ :)

Please continue to quote scripture on the political subforum of a retriever forum. Your future posts will be warmly greated by a great host here.:p

Do you train dogs?

:rolleyes:JD

ducknwork
11-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Welcome MJ. Don't pay any attention to our resident cynic and post nazi.

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr104/sedwards_08/soupnazi.png

road kill
11-18-2009, 08:38 AM

><>

Great post!!

Some here are not familiar with the book you quote.

It scares them!!

Harvard wisdom regards........:D

Henry V
11-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Enough is enough.

Use and support of Psalm 109:8 in reference to President Obama is the same as saying "Death to President Obama".

RK and others you may want to put this verse in context before you jump in for support. Psalm 109:9 continues with "Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow."

As un-American and unpatriotic as it gets. Your guy lost get over it.

Pete
11-18-2009, 09:24 AM
ummm ummmmm, it sounded like a joke to me.
MJ most here welcome humor ,, and most peoples heads here dont do a 360 when they hear a bible verse.
Carry on
Pete

Bob Gutermuth
11-18-2009, 09:24 AM
I want to see Osama resign or be impeached, but his vice pres, Clueless Joe won't be much of an improvement.

road kill
11-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Enough is enough.

Use and support of Psalm 109:8 in reference to President Obama is the same as saying "Death to President Obama".

RK and others you may want to put this verse in context before you jump in for support. Psalm 109:9 continues with "Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow."

As un-American and unpatriotic as it gets. Your guy lost get over it.

Read the whole thread.
The guy read a bumper sticker, posted it and gets jumped on for a bad post by Mr. Positive himself.
I merely welcomed his post and mentioned that the "Secular progressives" here are not real familiar with the book he quoted.
All accurate facts.

I didn't bother to look up the verse and read the entire book of Psalms to put it all into the context that suits you.

Keep on keepin' on........he is still welcome from my perspective....out of context as that may be!!

brandywinelabs
11-18-2009, 09:52 AM
I want to see Osama resign or be impeached, but his vice pres, Clueless Joe won't be much of an improvement.

"Won't be much of an improvement"? Doubt if it would be an improvement.
Not sure how far down the ranks in the Dems before you got an improvement.... Just saying....

Henry V
11-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Pete and RK,

Read my post. I said nothing about the person who posted this.

I was pointing out that this quote, to those familiar with the bible, should be seen as a clear call for the death of the President. The context is what it is. Read the next verse. If you want to present a counter argument or present evidence that I have this wrong, please do so.

You can think it is a joke. I do not. As far as I am concerned citing this verse is as much of a joke as citing the koran against infidels. As I said, enough is enough.

If this verse was directed at President Bush would you have thought it was a joke?

road kill
11-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Pete and RK,

Read my post. I said nothing about the person who posted this.

I was pointing out that this quote, to those familiar with the bible, should be seen as a clear call for the death of the President.

You can think it is a joke. I do not. As I said, enough is enough.

If this verse was directed at President Bush would you have thought it was a joke?

Henry,
#1--I doubt and hope that the poster doesn't want anyone to die, having had someone die in my arms, I know that I don't.
#2--I don't take anything here that serious.
#3--I doubt that JDogger read the context either, he just jumped on the poster about quoting a book he fears.

Beyond that, my ADD interferes and I can't even remember what we were talking about!!

PEACE my brother!!

BTW......kill anything wth the bow this year??:D

Pals
11-18-2009, 10:15 AM
A movie was made about assinating Bush-where was your outrage then? Oh wait that's 'art'- how very un PC of me to even bring it up.

Henry V
11-18-2009, 10:24 AM
A movie was made about assinating Bush-where was your outrage then? Oh wait that's 'art'- how very un PC of me to even bring it up.
Yes, if I had known about it. What "movie" are you talking about?

pat addis
11-18-2009, 10:28 AM
did any one say anything about the several times people called for geo. bush to be killed? wasn't there a movie about it?

Steve Amrein
11-18-2009, 10:35 AM
did any one say anything about the several times people called for geo. bush to be killed? wasn't there a movie about it?

The movie I think was "Death of a President" not much outrage by the PC police then if I recall

Steve Amrein
11-18-2009, 10:39 AM
The problem with free speach is you either support it fully or be prepared for someone with a differing view to silence yours.

I may not like what David Duke, Rev Wright and Louis Farrakan have to say but fully support the right to say it.

Leddyman
11-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Hi MJ :)

Please continue to quote scripture on the political subforum of a retriever forum. Your future posts will be warmly greated by a great host here.:p

Do you train dogs?

:rolleyes:JD

The scripture quote was in reference to Obama. He is the president. This is the political forum....Wait...P-O-L-I-T-I-C-A-L. See...OBAMA is the president....Get it????

dnf777
11-18-2009, 10:47 AM
I vaguely remembe a movie about a president being assassinated, and was turned off by it. Likewise with the Whitehouse being blown up. I do seem to remember conservatives cheering out loud in the theatre for that one. Anyone offended care to comment on that one, since you're so concerned about outrage? Since nobody can even remember the name, that tells how successful or pervasive it was.

Wishing death on anyone like that may be protected under free speech, but so is farting in chruch......legal, but not in good taste.

Someone mentioned my "credibility" being compromised for callin Ms. Palin a mental pygmy.......where does posting death-wishes for the President of the United States fall with the "credibility police"?

Besided, doesn't anyone else find it in poor taste to quote scripture to condone the killing of fellow Christians? I never really considered going to Church and reading the Bible a means to justify killing my fellow man. But then again, as pointed out, only right-wing conservatives attend church or read the Bible. I don't know where I was, sitting in those wooden pews for hours upon hours. :rolleyes:

Leddyman
11-18-2009, 10:51 AM
BTW He only quoted part of the Psalm. The part he qouted doesn't have anything to do with anybody dieing. It was in reference to his OFFICE that he was hoping his days would be few. Leave it to you to go and find words to put into somebody else's mouth. That is such a typical Lib tactic that it is laughable. HAHA I laugh.

Plenty of people will die if he takes over health care. Where is your outrage over that? Sorry Grandma...they say you are too OLD. How sad.

ducknwork
11-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Leddyman, plenty of people die everyday already, legally and justified (to some, not me) I might add. You know, those unborn children that are killed at the hands of skilled medical proffessionals with the unwavering support of many liberals in this country (president included)...Oh the horror of the mention of killing a criminal though...

Looks like MJ is going to keep this place busy if his first post is any indication.:razz:

Steve Amrein
11-18-2009, 12:49 PM
I vaguely remembe a movie about a president being assassinated, and was turned off by it. Likewise with the Whitehouse being blown up. I do seem to remember conservatives cheering out loud in the theatre for that one. Anyone offended care to comment on that one, since you're so concerned about outrage? Since nobody can even remember the name, that tells how successful or pervasive it was.

Wishing death on anyone like that may be protected under free speech, but so is farting in chruch......legal, but not in good taste.

Someone mentioned my "credibility" being compromised for callin Ms. Palin a mental pygmy.......where does posting death-wishes for the President of the United States fall with the "credibility police"?

Besided, doesn't anyone else find it in poor taste to quote scripture to condone the killing of fellow Christians? I never really considered going to Church and reading the Bible a means to justify killing my fellow man. But then again, as pointed out, only right-wing conservatives attend church or read the Bible. I don't know where I was, sitting in those wooden pews for hours upon hours. :rolleyes:

I did not say it was ok anymore than David Duke says kill (Insert N word), Rev Wright GD America or the drival that Farakkon spews. Even your hate for Bush and Palin. I dont have to like it or condone it to support free speech.

dnf777
11-18-2009, 12:55 PM
I did not say it was ok anymore than David Duke says kill (Insert N word), Rev Wright GD America or the drival that Farakkon spews. Even your hate for Bush and Palin. I dont have to like it or condone it to support free speech.

I may disagree with Mr. Bush and Ms. Palin's policies, and may even express my doubts as to their intellect, but wish HARM on them???? YOU are putting words/thoughts into other people. Please don't do that. I don't wish harm to anyone, unless they're trying to inflict harm on me or my family!

And I support free speech as much as anyone. I was disappointed in the movie that portrayed Bush's death, as well as the WH blowing up, although I sure did hear lots of cheers in the crowd that was bothersome. To display a bumper sticker that was mentioned is in very poor taste, low class, and very childish. Although most children know better than to wish death on someone, so I won't insult children like that.

Edit: Steve, I guess you said my "hate for" Bush and Palin, not that I wanted to harm anyone. My apologies if that is NOT what you implied. As for even "hating" them, I hate their policies, I hate what they're trying to do to our country, but to sit down over a beer with them (or cola), I doubt I would "hate" them personally. As I get older, I waste less and less energy on hating things. Life's too short. Be happy.

JDogger
11-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Henry,
#1--I doubt and hope that the poster doesn't want anyone to die, having had someone die in my arms, I know that I don't.
#2--I don't take anything here that serious.
#3--I doubt that JDogger read the context either, he just jumped on the poster about quoting a book he fears.

Beyond that, my ADD interferes and I can't even remember what we were talking about!!

PEACE my brother!!

BTW......kill anything wth the bow this year??:D

I didn't jump on anyone brother Stan. :confused: I think I said he would be welcomed here.:)
It is generally accepted forum etiquette to introduce yourself in your first post though, mention dogs, then start posting polical humor. His post seemed troll like.

BTW What in the world would cause you to believe I fear the Bible? I don't think I have ever expressed any religious point of view on RTF.

The ADD seems to be affecting more than just your memory:rolleyes:

JD

road kill
11-18-2009, 02:42 PM
I didn't jump on anyone brother Stan. :confused: I think I said he would be welcomed here.:)
It is generally accepted forum etiquette to introduce yourself in your first post though, mention dogs, then start posting polical humor. His post seemed troll like.

BTW What in the world would cause you to believe I fear the Bible? I don't think I have ever expressed any religious point of view on RTF.

The ADD seems to be affecting more than just your memory:rolleyes:

JD

You didn't answer the important question.....did you shoot anything with your bow??

Pete
11-18-2009, 03:13 PM
was pointing out that this quote, to those familiar with the bible, should be seen as a clear call for the death of the President. The context is what it is. Read the next verse. If you want to present a counter argument or present evidence that I have this wrong, please do so

:p:p
Sounds more like a reap what you sow kinda thing.
I see absolutely no call for the presidents death.
If the poster would have even tried to mean that she would have posted all of psl.109 and even that would be a stretch to mean what you say it means

You forgot psalms 109 verse 7 "WHEN HE IS JUDGED"

As usual people adding to the word and people subtracting from it to make up something up to suit their needs

P

Pete

Pete

JDogger
11-18-2009, 11:10 PM
You didn't answer the important question.....did you shoot anything with your bow??

No, but I once killed a skunk with a rock. Have you?
I know when I tilt swords here on PP, I always come away feeling a little bit smelly, but then I can't help myself anymore than you I guess. I'm glad you try to keep this all in a humorous vein. I know I do, although some take it all way to seriously.

BTW, you didn't answer my question either. If I fear the Bible? How did you come to this evaluation?

"kill it and grill it" -T. Nugent regards,

JD

road kill
11-19-2009, 07:28 AM
No, but I once killed a skunk with a rock. Have you?
I know when I tilt swords here on PP, I always come away feeling a little bit smelly, but then I can't help myself anymore than you I guess. I'm glad you try to keep this all in a humorous vein. I know I do, although some take it all way to seriously.

BTW, you didn't answer my question either. If I fear the Bible? How did you come to this evaluation?

"kill it and grill it" -T. Nugent regards,

JD

Had fresh backstraps last night!
The redhead saw "Shemane" whack a buck on TV with her cute pink camo bow.

Now she wants one!!:D

MJMontgomery
11-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Whoa!!! I stirred up a wasp nest!
It was not meant to be a death threat or a politically correct sunday school lesson. It was merely a bumper sticker.

MJM

huntinman
11-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Whoa!!! I stirred up a wasp nest!
It was not meant to be a death threat or a politically correct sunday school lesson. It was merely a bumper sticker.

MJM

And a very good one at that.