PDA

View Full Version : Way To Go America!

Goose
11-18-2009, 11:16 AM
We should all feel proud! Sometime last night our national debt reached $12 trillion dollars. I think I'll celebrate and drink a beer tonight.

Special thanks to Bill Clinton, George Bush, Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, liberal democrats, Keynesians and our Dear Leader.

At this rate $20 trillion dollars in debt won't be far behind...and what a party that will be!

Way to go America!!!

We live in Cuba now.

dnf777
11-18-2009, 12:58 PM
We should all feel proud! Sometime last night our national debt reached $12 trillion dollars. I think I'll celebrate and drink a beer tonight.

Special thanks to Bill Clinton, George Bush, Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, liberal democrats, Keynesians and our Dear Leader.

At this rate $20 trillion dollars in debt won't be far behind...and what a party that will be!

Way to go America!!!

We live in Cuba now.

Just to be fair and not deny anyone their just due credit, let's not leave out George Bush I, and Ronald Reagan. And don't give people accolades they don't deserve. Clinton actually steered the country towards budget surplus, which would have chipped away at the national debt, had W not stepped in and saved the day!

Franco
11-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Just to be fair and not deny anyone their just due credit, let's not leave out George Bush I, and Ronald Reagan. And don't give people accolades they don't deserve. Clinton actually steered the country towards budget surplus, which would have chipped away at the national debt, had W not stepped in and saved the day!

Clinton also put a lot of pressure on banks to make bad mortgages. The mortgage fiasco is why so many banks and brokerage houses were bailed out.

There should have been no bailouts.

Goose
11-18-2009, 02:42 PM

Do you do your own books? If you did your books the way Clinton did when he was President you would be in jail. What he called 'debt reduction' was actually 'debt shifting' and he did it with your social security dollars. They don't call him Slick Willie for nothing.

The only thing Clinton steered was Monica's head.

We live in Cuba now.

dnf777
11-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Sorry I had it wrong. I'll let the then republican senate and house finance committees and the CBO know they had it wrong too.:oops:

Uncle Bill
11-27-2009, 04:33 PM
The only thing Clinton steered was Monica's head.

:D:D:D might be the best line on this entire page.

Thanks for the big-time laugh, Goose.

UB

BrianW
11-28-2009, 06:26 PM
It really doesn't matter "who did what (or whom)". The fact is that the debt "is what it is" and that THIS current Administration IS increasing said debt at an increasingly faster geometric rate. The math doesn't lie, unlike the politicians. If it keeps up, we won't be able to afford the interest, much less the principle.

When was the last time the bank didn't force you to pay the interest first on a loan?
What happens if/when the debt holder(s) calls it in, NOW?!?

Is the US "too big to fail"?