PDA

View Full Version : I don't know about you...

ducknwork
11-18-2009, 02:24 PM
but this is getting too close for my comfort.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091118/pl_nm/us_usa_healthcare_senate

Roger Perry
11-18-2009, 06:56 PM
but this is getting too close for my comfort.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091118/pl_nm/us_usa_healthcare_senate

Let me guess, if the republicans introduced the same health care reform, you would be totally for it.

WaterDogRem
11-18-2009, 08:25 PM
Let me guess, if the republicans introduced the same health care reform, you would be totally for it.

I know you'll never understand but this is not a R vs D issue.

ducknwork
11-18-2009, 08:46 PM

Negative. I think for myself, unlike you.

Roger Perry
11-19-2009, 07:58 AM
Negative. I think for myself, unlike you.
Now thats funny:lol: Is it true you only make right turns?

road kill
11-19-2009, 08:13 AM
Now thats funny:lol: Is it true you only make right turns?
Roger, do you know Tommy Chong personally??:D

Roger Perry
11-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Roger, do you know Tommy Chong personally??:D

No and I don't know his brother Cheech either.:rolleyes:

Gerry Clinchy
11-20-2009, 10:05 AM
They need 60 votes to move it to the floor .. but once there only 51 to pass whatever they dream up.

To make a change this dramatic ... first they should have fixed the things that don't work in the system we have today. Concentrate on the fraud, abuse, tort reform and covering those people who really want to buy coverage by expanding Medicaid with Fed grants for that purpose.

Simultaneously, set up a task force made up of citizen representatives, consumer advocates, medical/hospital/pharma representatives, legislators to come up with something that will work better than the present system.

I simply have no confidence that legislation "rushed" as this legislation is being attempted will come up with a new system that truly works. Not to mention that the legislation will be passed without really knowing what the final parts of a "basic" plan will really be. The bureaucrats will fill in the blanks as they go along.

People seem to ignore the numbers work by collecting funds before money is expended. It's those years of collecting $ without any payouts that make those numbers work for the first 10 years. After the first 10 years costs go up dramatically. This kind of accounting shell game is reminiscent of the banking shenanigans that led to the financial crisis.

In fairness, the study of the issue should have begun long before now. Not doing so was irresponsible. Who should have been doing this in-depth, detailed study? In my mind, it should have been those who felt this was an issue of critical importance.

I believe that if O campaigned on this issue being central to "change", then he should have had people working on it long ago. He should not have had to cut a deal with pharma while the legislation was underway. The Ds should not have had to wait till the 11th hour to deal with delaying the reduction in Medicare reimbursements to doctors. Since the Ds did have congressional control for 2 years, they should have been formulating something better than the mishmash they are dealing with now.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Medicare needed to fix its financial situation, especially with the baby boomers coming to retirement age. The D congress could have been working on that for the past two years as well.

Bob Gutermuth
11-20-2009, 11:32 AM
considering what a wonderful cost effective job that the Fed is doing delivering the mail, they don't need to be screwing with the health care system at all.

K G
11-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Olympia Snowe and Joe Lieberman are carrying the banner...no pressure, folks....:eek:

58 votes doesn't get it done regards,

kg

paul young
11-20-2009, 11:55 AM
ok, the prevalent opinion here is that it's a piece of crap.

where are the proposed legislative changes put forth by the opposition? tort reform, etc....

where i work if an idea is crap, you offer an alternative.-Paul

Goose
11-20-2009, 02:09 PM

where are the proposed legislative changes put forth by the opposition? tort reform, etc....

Where I work if an idea is a piece of crap you don't spread it on a piece of bread and serve it up as a meal.

Tort reform! That's part of the answer. You said it yourself. But the democrat party is beholden to the trial lawyers.

We live in Cuba now.

Richard Halstead
11-20-2009, 02:37 PM
The CBO (Congeessional Budget Office) calculated the total cost of Health Care not just ten years as the supporters of the Bill would like us to believe. They announced the total cost would add 2.7 trillion to the National debt.

paul young
11-20-2009, 04:13 PM
but the way to prove something is not a good idea is to modify it or scrap it and offer an alternative based on facts and research, not just bash it and walk away.

10% plus or minus of the U.S. POPULATION IS UNINSURED. a percentage unknown to me is underinsured. these are the people we end up paying for when they show up at the emergency rooms anyway. what is that cost? plus, they bog down the emergency services by addressing non-emergency health issues in this manner. they can't be denied services by virtue of state and federal law. they're not going to stop, either.

all i asked for is the ideas those opposed to the bill in question have for addressing the issue.
do they truly have none, or do we just not hear about them?-Paul

Hew
11-20-2009, 04:36 PM
all i asked for is the ideas those opposed to the bill in question have for addressing the issue.
The latter. It's often hard for a powerless minority to get much media traction (unless of course one of them writes a book and then 11 AP reporters will have all sorts of interest). Here's the CBO's take on the GOP plan: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/CBO-Prepublican-health-plan-would-reduce-premiums--69270747.html

WaterDogRem
11-20-2009, 04:54 PM

The country I live in, if it's unconstitutional it suppose to be scrapped. It's not the government's job to give you and me health insurance. Supporters really need to go back to their U.S. history books and review how and why this country was founded.

Steve Amrein
11-20-2009, 05:18 PM
but the way to prove something is not a good idea is to modify it or scrap it and offer an alternative based on facts and research, not just bash it and walk away.

10% plus or minus of the U.S. POPULATION IS UNINSURED. a percentage unknown to me is underinsured. these are the people we end up paying for when they show up at the emergency rooms anyway. what is that cost? plus, they bog down the emergency services by addressing non-emergency health issues in this manner. they can't be denied services by virtue of state and federal law. they're not going to stop, either.

I am not the GOP but here is a idea. If 10% is the number than just raise everyones ins cost by 10% Done leave the gooberment out of it otherwise it will be 200% or more with 1/2 the coverage.

Mcdonalds can sell my lunch for 5 bucks and I can customize it in 30 seconds. The DMV takes 30 to 60 minutes to give me a pre printed sticker that cost about a nickel and charge me a 14 dollar handling fee plus the state and fed ad ons.

K G
11-20-2009, 05:26 PM
The CBO (Congeessional Budget Office) calculated the total cost of Health Care not just ten years as the supporters of the Bill would like us to believe. They announced the total cost would add 2.7 trillion to the National debt.

60 people are going to bankrupt us all if this passes.....:-x

kg

huntinman
11-20-2009, 05:31 PM

kg

The bad thing is, they know it but don't care...

Franco
11-20-2009, 05:45 PM
The bad thing is, they know it but don't care...

It is all a part of spreading the wealth. By the time Obama and the Dems are finished, we will all be poor.

We live in Cuba now is becoming one of my favorite lines, sad but true!

Our own Dem Sen. Mary Landreau is being bombarded with, "do not support this bill or else". She knows that if she supports this piece of crap legislation that she is finished.

BTW, the Republicans have offered solutions like Health Insurance Reform, Tort reform and other ideas. Trial Lawyers contribute too much $ to the Dems for the Dems to touch Tort Reform.

Pete
11-20-2009, 05:47 PM
10% plus or minus of the U.S. POPULATION IS UNINSURED. a percentage unknown to me is underinsured. these are the people we end up paying for when they show up at the emergency rooms anyway. what is that cost? plus, they bog down the emergency services by addressing non-emergency health issues in this manner. they can't be denied services by virtue of state and federal law. they're not going to

Ummmm I would say thats horse chit
I paid all of my way and my families way 99 percent of my life.

If I would have paid for ins.over a 33 year period By my estimations at 72ooo dollars a year Thats 237 thousand 600 hundred dollars I've saved.
I have forked out under 40 grand

I dont know about you but if someone made me pay that,, they would also have to pay me welfare and put me on a cheese program. And probably public housing.

Also it doesnt really cost 75 dollars for exactly 1 drop of tylonal and a doctor I never saw in my life peeks in the door and says how ya doin will cost you 150 bucks for a F n dr visit. F representing the word frugal of coarse

p

brandywinelabs
11-20-2009, 05:52 PM
But Reid has Mary in his pocket with the medicare exemption for disaster areas within the last .. well from shortly before Katrina to now.

Franco
11-20-2009, 06:01 PM
I have a feeling that Katrina Mary would rather keep her job than accept the 100million bribe from Harry Reid.

Goose
11-20-2009, 06:33 PM

kg

Sadly, we are already bankrupt and we don't even know it. Eventually the Chinese and everybody else who loans us money will stop loaning us money and all we'll have then is a Fed that continues to counterfeit the currency with its printing press.

Once the Chinese stop loaning us money everything stops and we're really screwed.

This hideous healthcare bill only speeds up the process. But wait...then there's cap and trade because the democrats (and RINO's) never stop spending your money. They will never, ever stop.

Our national debt is on its way to about $24 trillion dollars within a decade. My bet is we never make it. We'll lose our AAA rating and (probably) default on a portion of our debt at the same time within the next decade. Prepare thyself.

We live in Cuba now.

ducknwork
11-21-2009, 09:34 PM
I have a feeling that Katrina Mary would rather keep her job than accept the 100million bribe from Harry Reid.

Too late. Unfortunately, your feeling was wrong.:-x