PDA

View Full Version : Obama is worse than Bush

Roger Perry
11-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Obama is worse than Bush

November 23, 2009 - 5:43am

The Rant (http://www.capitolhillblue.com/taxonomy/term/11)
By DOUG THOMPSON

In 2008, many Americans voted for Barack Obama hoping they were ridding Washington of eight years of abuses by George W. Bush.
Instead, especially when it comes to abuses in freedom, all those Americans got for their efforts was a new George W. Bush in black face.
When it comes to governmental abuse of power, spying on Americans by the National Security Agency and loss of freedom under the USA Patriot Act, Obama is worse than Bush.
Since taking office, Obama has increased the power of the NSA, broaded the scope of warrantless wiretapping of Americans and done nothing to scale back the many abuses of the Patriot Act. To the contrary, the Obama administration backs changes that would make the act more powerful and more intrusive into the lives of ordinary Americans.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/20310

ducknwork
11-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Interesting read, especially posted by you...I am a little confused about that, but I sense you are most likely baiting us into celebrating this article/post so that you can throw our skepticism of chb.com in our faces...

If that is not the case, I am glad you are finally beginning to see the light. LOL :D

Roger Perry
11-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Interesting read, especially posted by you...I am a little confused about that, but I sense you are most likely baiting us into celebrating this article/post so that you can throw our skepticism of chb.com in our faces...

If that is not the case, I am glad you are finally beginning to see the light. LOL :D

I have always said that I will comment on Obama when he has some time under his belt. It is not fair to judge someone when they just took over a new job without giving them time to put their plans into effect.

Franco
11-23-2009, 02:01 PM
I have always said that I will comment on Obama when he has some time under his belt. It is not fair to judge someone when they just took over a new job without giving them time to put their plans into effect.

Plans. What plans?

His ownly plan it to tax us into submission and spend it on the useless.

WaterDogRem
11-23-2009, 02:26 PM

So are you giving Obama ownership from now forward?

Terry Britton
11-23-2009, 04:01 PM

Time under his belt? My company gives a person 30 days to perform, or give them walking papers. 30 days has long passed.

gman0046
11-23-2009, 05:42 PM
With all the Obongo supporters on this site, can one of you list one of his accomplishments?

road kill
11-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Obama is worse than Bush

November 23, 2009 - 5:43am

The Rant (http://www.capitolhillblue.com/taxonomy/term/11)
By DOUG THOMPSON

In 2008, many Americans voted for Barack Obama hoping they were ridding Washington of eight years of abuses by George W. Bush.
Instead, especially when it comes to abuses in freedom, all those Americans got for their efforts was a new George W. Bush in black face.
When it comes to governmental abuse of power, spying on Americans by the National Security Agency and loss of freedom under the USA Patriot Act, Obama is worse than Bush.
Since taking office, Obama has increased the power of the NSA, broaded the scope of warrantless wiretapping of Americans and done nothing to scale back the many abuses of the Patriot Act. To the contrary, the Obama administration backs changes that would make the act more powerful and more intrusive into the lives of ordinary Americans.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/20310

Though I agree with the premise, I will not give your source any more credibility now than I did before.
I have other far more credible sources to base my opinion of President Obama's performance to date.

stan b

dnf777
11-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Put a manly dog back in the whitehouse. No more yappers who sit by and watch their master choking on pretzels.

Hew
11-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Put a manly dog back in the whitehouse. No more yappers who sit by and watch their master choking on pretzels.
LMAO. A portuguese water dog is manly? And you crochet your own jean shorts, too? ;)

Roger Perry
11-23-2009, 06:38 PM
With all the Obongo supporters on this site, can one of you list one of his accomplishments?

Bush had 8 years in office can you name one of his accomplishments that made this country better off from the beginning of his term to the end of his term?

subroc
11-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Roger

after repeated attacks (USS Cole, our embasies, the first attack on the World Trade Center, attacks on our and our allies aircraft in the no fly zone, etc.) during the previous administration he prevented us from being attacked after 9/11.

Roger Perry
11-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Roger

after repeated attacks (USS Cole, our embasies, the first attack on the World Trade Center, attacks on our and our allies aircraft in the no fly zone, etc.) during the previous administration he prevented us from being attacked after 9/11.

So, what you are saying, he accomplished nothing in 8 years except kept us from being attacked after 9/11. Some resume there.:rolleyes:

Where was the protection before 9/11?

A few accomplishments by Obama who has been in office only 10 months:
Domestic Policy
Much of this starts with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Part of this act is 5 billion for Head Start and other child care initiatives and existing programs, and 1.4 billion to strengthen the Department of Veteran Affairs (http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/veterans/).
He wisely signed a number of important initiatives-turned-law originating in the Democratic run congress, including one that extends health insurance coverage to low-income children (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/05/us/politics/05health.html), and, to allow more people to afford college, a tax credit to offset tuition costs (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/29/obamas-first-100-days-10_n_192603.html):

$2,500 tax credit to help offset the cost of tuition (among other expenses) for those seeking a college education. Nearly five million families are expected to save $9 billion, according to Treasury officials.
Obama created a White House Urban Affairs office to strengthen U.S. cities (http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS101046+29-Apr-2009+PRN20090429). In addition to listening to and acting on the concerns of the U.S. Conference of Mayors, and securing for the DOJ 2 billion in Byrne Grants targeting anti-gang and illegal gun control:

The Administration also included an Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant – conceived by The U.S. Conference of Mayors and the top priority in the mayors’ Ten Point Plan — in the Recovery Bill. This Grant positions cities to receive an unprecedented $2.8 billion, and supports mayoral efforts to meet the goals of the Mayors’ Climate Protection Agreement, which commits cities to meet Kyoto Protocol Standards by 2012. Nearly 950 mayors have already signed the agreement and are working to make their cities energy efficient.
The so-called “Cash for Clunkers” program kept many people in the automotive industry employed and managed to rid the roads of overly-polluting vehicles.
By Executive Order, Obama revoked the stem-cell research limitations (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Removing-Barriers-to-Responsible-Scientific-Research-Involving-Human-Stem-Cells/)imposed by the Bush administration.

subroc
11-23-2009, 07:20 PM
cash for clunkers...really Roger. An accomplishment?

The term "overly-polluting vehicles" to describe the US fleet, even prior to "cash for clunkers" is silly. We have had emmision controls in place since the 70s.

JDogger
11-23-2009, 07:21 PM
He has gotten Gingrich & Sharpton to work together on education. Nothing short of a miracle.

Most importantly, his election resulted in the defeat of McCain/Palin.

I shudder.

JD

Roger Perry
11-23-2009, 10:05 PM
cash for clunkers...really Roger. An accomplishment?

The term "overly-polluting vehicles" to describe the US fleet, even prior to "cash for clunkers" is silly. We have had emmision controls in place since the 70s.

Well, it sounds to me as if Obama has accomplished more in 10 months than Bush did in 8 years

dnf777
11-24-2009, 05:58 AM
If you consider what Bush did "accomplishments", then we can all pray that Obama is an "underacheiver" in order to save the country!! :p

We can't afford any more "accomplishments"!

code3retrievers
11-24-2009, 09:32 AM
So, what you are saying, he accomplished nothing in 8 years except kept us from being attacked after 9/11. Some resume there.:rolleyes:

Where was the protection before 9/11?

A few accomplishments by Obama who has been in office only 10 months:
Domestic Policy
Much of this starts with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Part of this act is 5 billion for Head Start and other child care initiatives and existing programs, and 1.4 billion to strengthen the Department of Veteran Affairs (http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/veterans/).
He wisely signed a number of important initiatives-turned-law originating in the Democratic run congress, including one that extends health insurance coverage to low-income children (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/05/us/politics/05health.html), and, to allow more people to afford college, a tax credit to offset tuition costs (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/29/obamas-first-100-days-10_n_192603.html):

$2,500 tax credit to help offset the cost of tuition (among other expenses) for those seeking a college education. Nearly five million families are expected to save $9 billion, according to Treasury officials.
Obama created a White House Urban Affairs office to strengthen U.S. cities (http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS101046+29-Apr-2009+PRN20090429). In addition to listening to and acting on the concerns of the U.S. Conference of Mayors, and securing for the DOJ 2 billion in Byrne Grants targeting anti-gang and illegal gun control:

The Administration also included an Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant – conceived by The U.S. Conference of Mayors and the top priority in the mayors’ Ten Point Plan — in the Recovery Bill. This Grant positions cities to receive an unprecedented $2.8 billion, and supports mayoral efforts to meet the goals of the Mayors’ Climate Protection Agreement, which commits cities to meet Kyoto Protocol Standards by 2012. Nearly 950 mayors have already signed the agreement and are working to make their cities energy efficient.
The so-called “Cash for Clunkers” program kept many people in the automotive industry employed and managed to rid the roads of overly-polluting vehicles.
By Executive Order, Obama revoked the stem-cell research limitations (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Removing-Barriers-to-Responsible-Scientific-Research-Involving-Human-Stem-Cells/)imposed by the Bush administration.

What your saying or should I say your source the ,Huffinton Post is saying, he has thrown billions of dollars at several problems with no results that can be measured yet.

The only thing that he has accomplished has been the cash for clunkers that was mismanaged from the start and in the long run will have zero effect on the employment of auto workers, yet cost billions.
As far as getting polluting cars off the road, that is suspect, since most people traded in cars that still had good emissions systems but that were not worth more then the $4000 they got in the program so it became just another welfare program of the government. Kind of like the guy here that went out and bought a SUV with our money.

Gerry Clinchy
11-24-2009, 10:13 AM
The real estate tax credit:

Spoke to a fellow whose daughter qualified for the tax credit. She went to fill out and submit the form required (you don't necessarily have to wait to file your taxes). She was told it would take 6 to 8 months to get through the process!

The reasons ... 1) There has been a lot of fraud in the program, so processing is being more cautious (or so she was told). 2) Some real estate agents/mortgage officers were telling the people to submit their forms early, before the settlement had occurred). She was told that a settlement sheet had to be included with the form. Oops! Seems that wasn't put in the written regulations anywhere, but has become part of the submission process ... somehow.

The settlement sheet thing is very obvious. OTOH, that could also be "made up" rather easily. In order to validate the claims for this program, the govt will actually have to get proof from public tax records that a particular property exists; and that a sale actually took place. Wonder how long that will take!!

Unless the IRS/Fed goes directly to the local authority for this information, any of it could be fabricated by someone. Just make up a fraudulent settlement sheet for a non-existent property, and grab your $8000. Instead of just a settlement sheet, they should have had a form for the recording authorities, with a notary-type "seal", to fill out and send back to the buyers with their deeds (which are mailed to the buyers after they are recorded). It might have helped if they had gotten some advice from someone who knew about real estate transactions :-)

Roger Perry
11-24-2009, 12:51 PM
What your saying or should I say your source the ,Huffinton Post is saying, he has thrown billions of dollars at several problems with no results that can be measured yet.

The only thing that he has accomplished has been the cash for clunkers that was mismanaged from the start and in the long run will have zero effect on the employment of auto workers, yet cost billions.
As far as getting polluting cars off the road, that is suspect, since most people traded in cars that still had good emissions systems but that were not worth more then the $4000 they got in the program so it became just another welfare program of the government. Kind of like the guy here that went out and bought a SUV with our money.

The Huffinton Post has been quoted here quite a few times by the right wingers here.

By the way didn't the Obama team just arrest terrorists here in the U.S. just recently?

WaterDogRem
11-24-2009, 01:17 PM
So are you giving Obama ownership from now forward?

Roger.......??

Clay Rogers
11-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Where was the protection before 9/11? quote from roger perry.

Why don't you ask the dems who were in office at the time this was being planned? Surely you don't think this was planned after GWB took office. But not once did he try to put the blame on the previous admin. He sucked it up, played the hand he was dealt. I might could respect your man more if he would follow suit and man up, quit whining about "what he inherited". Last time I checked, he decided to run for pres, no one asked him to. You know what, I really wouldn't respect him more.

Clay Rogers
11-25-2009, 04:04 PM
If you consider what Bush did "accomplishments", then we can all pray that Obama is an "underacheiver" in order to save the country!! :p

We can't afford any more "accomplishments"!

With all the money YOUR guy has spent in 10 months, how can you make this statement and expect to have any credibility on this site. He has spent more money in the first 9 months of his term than any other pres.

subroc
11-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Bush had 8 years in office can you name one of his accomplishments that made this country better off from the beginning of his term to the end of his term?

You asked for one thing. So I wrote:

Your response:

So, what you are saying, he accomplished nothing in 8 years except kept us from being attacked after 9/11. Some resume there.:rolleyes:...

I guess I could go on about no child left behind, getting us out of Kyoto, which I think was good, prescription drugs which I thing was probably bad, he shored up second amendment rights, which was great. His accomplshments are many. If your hate could get out of the way, you would see them. Many of them, you, as a leftie would agree with far more than me.

Gerry Clinchy
11-29-2009, 10:28 AM
NY Times on the current detainee situation in A'stan

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/29/world/asia/29bagram.html?pagewanted=1&th&emc=th[

Honeymoon with the press over?

This article would imply that the press now expects O to take ownership of how he handles things on his own watch.

dnf777
11-29-2009, 10:36 AM
With all the money YOUR guy has spent in 10 months, how can you make this statement and expect to have any credibility on this site. He has spent more money in the first 9 months of his term than any other pres.

How can you keep calling him "my guy" and expect to have any credibility. He's NOT my guy. So far, he has only continued the flawed policies of Mr. Bush....record gov't spending, wars with no strategy, and expansion of gov't powers. My guy was pushed out of the discussion by the major parties and corporate influence that don't want anything to do with a true independent ever getting in office. God forbid we may have meaningful campaign finance reform and curtailing of lobbyists' control over gov't.

I keep falling victim to the "you're either EXACTLY like us, or your against us" attitude of the new republican party. Both major parties are beyond moronic and selfish....both seem hell-bent of self destruction, however the ONLY thing they seem competent to accomplish is to squash any third, independent party effort to make inroads to American gov't.

road kill
11-29-2009, 10:50 AM
How can you keep calling him "my guy" and expect to have any credibility. He's NOT my guy. So far, he has only continued the flawed policies of Mr. Bush....record gov't spending, wars with no strategy, and expansion of gov't powers. My guy was pushed out of the discussion by the major parties and corporate influence that don't want anything to do with a true independent ever getting in office. God forbid we may have meaningful campaign finance reform and curtailing of lobbyists' control over gov't.

I keep falling victim to the "you're either EXACTLY like us, or your against us" attitude of the new republican party. Both major parties are beyond moronic and selfish....both seem hell-bent of self destruction, however the ONLY thing they seem competent to accomplish is to squash any third, independent party effort to make inroads to American gov't.

I didn't get that at all, not at all.

I think we call him "YOUR GUY" cause you voted for HIM!!

In regards to being "exactly like us," that would mean respecting life, smaller Govt, less taxes, fiscal responsibility, economic recovery, gun owners rights, liberty & freedom, do the right thing for us in Washington etc.

The things "your guy" is doing run contrary to the things that matter to us.
You...not so much.

I think the reason some voted for "your guy" is because President Bush went outside many of the tenants the "New Republican Party" has held for decades.

Nice effort though.......:D

Clay Rogers
11-29-2009, 10:55 AM
First, I have only called him your guy once.( Refer to above post). Second, you seem to have a great disdain for everything GWB did or, in your eyes, failed to do. I guess that is why.

BrianW
11-29-2009, 11:29 AM
When even CNN reports that CFC cost taxpayers $24,000 for each car purchased, do you really want to keep bragging about it.
http://money.cnn.com/2009/10/28/autos/clunkers_analysis/

Then, the most common reported swap is an old Ford F-150 @ 15 mpg for a NEW F-150 @ 17. That's really going to save the planet!
http://www.allbusiness.com/automotive/motor-vehicle-models-pickup-trucks/13395162-1.html

And then the DOT's list of top sales had to do some fancy footwork to come up w/ the numbers they wanted. Sounds kind of like all the new Congressional districts created by the "stimulus" reporting group.

dnf777
11-29-2009, 12:56 PM
I think we call him "YOUR GUY" cause you voted for HIM!!

Jeez....do you have cameras in the voting booths? What else do you know about me??

BTW, you're wrong.

dnf777
11-29-2009, 12:58 PM
First, I have only called him your guy once.( Refer to above post). Second, you seem to have a great disdain for everything GWB did or, in your eyes, failed to do. I guess that is why.

Running up a multi-trillion dollar debt, expanding the powers of the federal gov't??? What is there NOT to "disdain" about the guy? I thought I was amongst conservatives who had a disdain for exactly what Bush, and now Obama are doing!?

Clay Rogers
11-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Running up a multi-trillion dollar debt, expanding the powers of the federal gov't??? What is there NOT to "disdain" about the guy? I thought I was amongst conservatives who had a disdain for exactly what Bush, and now Obama are doing!?

I dislike what government is doing also, but I am wise enough to know that it is not only his fault. The dem congress had a lot to do with it. The problem with Obama is that he is pushing all this crazy spending and his congress is lapping it up like, well, kool-aid. But again, Obama has spent and is spending more money than any president in hx and I don't hear you putting him down every other breath. That is probably why people think he is your president.

dnf777
11-29-2009, 02:21 PM
I dislike what government is doing also, but I am wise enough to know that it is not only his fault. The dem congress had a lot to do with it. The problem with Obama is that he is pushing all this crazy spending and his congress is lapping it up like, well, kool-aid. But again, Obama has spent and is spending more money than any president in hx and I don't hear you putting him down every other breath. That is probably why people think he is your president.

You mean the democratic congress that was the last two of eight years of Bush's presidency? And if you so desire (which I doubt) you can check many posts where I also show disdain for deficit spending. I was the one who likened the passing of this massive debt to Obama as someone running up thousands of dollars on the credit card, then sending the bill to someone else and blaming them for the problem! And, like I've said many times before also, I am very unhappy with Obama for continuing Bush's irresponsible spending habits just the same! In fact, if it weren't for the different hair-do and at least sounding intelligent when he speaks, I couldn't tell the difference between the two based on their policies! I suspect the real reason people think he's my guy, is that I don't follow the Fox talking points of the day, and blindly oppose EVERYTHING this administration puts forth. I notice there's not much positioning on Afghanistan here lately. I suspect its because Fox is waiting for Obama's statement, so they can formulate the exact opposite.

Clay Rogers
11-29-2009, 02:41 PM
You mean the democratic congress that was the last two of eight years of Bush's presidency? And if you so desire (which I doubt) you can check many posts where I also show disdain for deficit spending. I was the one who likened the passing of this massive debt to Obama as someone running up thousands of dollars on the credit card, then sending the bill to someone else and blaming them for the problem! And, like I've said many times before also, I am very unhappy with Obama for continuing Bush's irresponsible spending habits just the same! In fact, if it weren't for the different hair-do and at least sounding intelligent when he speaks, I couldn't tell the difference between the two based on their policies! I suspect the real reason people think he's my guy, is that I don't follow the Fox talking points of the day, and blindly oppose EVERYTHING this administration puts forth. I notice there's not much positioning on Afghanistan here lately. I suspect its because Fox is waiting for Obama's statement, so they can formulate the exact opposite.

I don't watch FOX, unless you are talking about the movie channel. And I know that Bush did alot that wasn't popular and many think hurt this country. But I think alot of this meltdown with the economy is not his fault, just happened when he was in office, just like 9/11. The previous admin(Clinton) had the most to do with the housing fall. And if you served and had any cleareance, you know he could have stopped Bin Liden dead in his tracks several times. But he was too busy getting his "willie slicked".

dnf777
11-29-2009, 05:43 PM
So Clinton got a BJ. Everything else I said still stands.
Got to get ready for Buck season...swine flu and all!

ducknwork
11-30-2009, 09:38 AM
You mean the democratic congress that was the last two of eight years of Bush's presidency? And if you so desire (which I doubt) you can check many posts where I also show disdain for deficit spending. I was the one who likened the passing of this massive debt to Obama as someone running up thousands of dollars on the credit card, then sending the bill to someone else and blaming them for the problem! And, like I've said many times before also, I am very unhappy with Obama for continuing Bush's irresponsible spending habits just the same! In fact, if it weren't for the different hair-do and at least sounding intelligent when he reads, I couldn't tell the difference between the two based on their policies! I suspect the real reason people think he's my guy, is that I don't follow the Fox talking points of the day, and blindly oppose EVERYTHING this administration puts forth. I notice there's not much positioning on Afghanistan here lately. I suspect its because Fox is waiting for Obama's statement, so they can formulate the exact opposite.

Fixed it...:cool:

dnf777
11-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Yes, being able to READ is an important attribute for the President of the United States to posess, I agree.

ducknwork
11-30-2009, 10:06 AM
So is being able to speak without having someone/something telling you what to say...

The dummy only says what the ventriloquist wants him to say...;)

Roger Perry
11-30-2009, 10:26 AM
So is being able to speak without having someone/something telling you what to say...

The dummy only says what the ventriloquist wants him to say...;)

You mean like Cheney pulling the puppet Bush's strings?

ducknwork
11-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Sure...

So who's pulling Obama's strings? I bet it's not Biden.