PDA

View Full Version : Another Palin Article

Hew
11-24-2009, 07:01 AM
Since Roger can't get enough of all things Palin.

Here's a portion of an article written by a supposed reformed liberal from Bezerkely (get researching JDog...she's probably been a John Bircher her whole life, right?):

The Wilding of Sarah Palin

The Left has declared war on Palin because she threatens their existence. Democrats need women dependent and scared so that women, like blacks, will vote for liberals.

A strong, self sufficient woman, Palin eschews their protection. Drop her off in the Alaskan bush, and she'll survive just fine, thank you very much. Palin doesn't need or want anything from liberals, not hate crimes legislation that coddles her, not abortion, which she abhors.

Palin is a woman of deep and abiding faith. She takes no marching orders from messiah like wannabes, like Obama.

And so the Left must try to destroy her. And they are doing this in the most malicious of ways:

By symbolically raping her.

Just like a perpetuator, they dehumanize her by objectifying her body. They undress her with their eyes.

They turn her into a piece of ass.

Liberals do this by calling her a c___t, ogling her legs, demeaning her with names like "sexy flight attendant," and "Trailer Park Barbie," and exposing her flesh on the cover of Newsweek.

And from The Atlantic Magazine's Andrew Sullivan: "Sarah Palin's vagina is the font of all evil in the galaxy."

Nothing is off limits, not actress Sarah Bernhardt's wish that Palin be gang raped or the sexualizing of Palin's daughters.

As every woman knows, leering looks, lurid words, and veiled threats are intended to evoke terror. Sexual violence is a form of terrorism.

The American Left has a long history of defiling people to control and break them. The hard core 60‘s leftists were masters of guerilla warfare, like the Symbionese Liberation Army repeatedly raping Patty Hearst. Huey P. Newton sent a male Black Panther to the hospital, bloodied and damaged, from a punishment of sodomy.

The extreme Left still considers themselves warriors, righteous soldiers for their Marxist cause. With Palin, they use sexual violence as part of their military arsenal.

Palin is not the only intended victim. As the book, Against Our Will described, the brutality is also aimed at men. By forcing men to witness Palin's violation, the Left tries to emasculate conservative men by rendering them powerless.

The wilding of any woman is reprehensible. But defiling a mother of five, with a babe in her arms, and a grandmother, is particularly obscene. It is, of course, Palin's unapologetic motherhood that provides fuel to the leftist fire.

Because, as a mother, and a fertile woman, Palin is as close to the sacred as a person gets. She is not just politically pro life. Palin's whole being emanates life, in stark contrast to the darkness of the left, the life despoilers.

***MONEY LINE ALERT These "progressives" are so alienated from the sacred that they perceive nothing as sacred. And they will destroy anyone whose goodness shines a mirror on their pathology. The spiritually barren must annihilate the vital and the fertile.***

It has been almost two years since I woke up and broke up with liberalism. During these many months, I've discovered that everything I believed was wrong.

But the biggest shock of all has been realizing that the Democratic Party is hardly an oasis for women. Now that it has been infiltrated by the hard Left, it's a dangerous place for women, children, or other living things.

In the wilding of Sarah Palin, the Left shows its true colors. Rather than a shelter for the vulnerable, leftists will mow down any man, woman, or child who gets in their way. Not a movement of hope and change, it is a cauldron of hate.

remainder of article: http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/11/the_wilding_of_sarah_palin.html

What particularly puzzles me is how/why many women are just downright nasty and personal in their attacks on her. I mean, you expect the normal yahooism of "she's trailer park trash." But what's truly startling is the vile contempt that liberal feminists have for her. She clawed her way to the top with her own hands and was within inches of being the 2nd most powerful person in the world. You'd think that most feminists would tip their cap and give her grudging respect for doing exactly what they claim to support; even if they aren't of the same political stripe.

ducknwork
11-24-2009, 08:00 AM
Very interesting article. I can't wait to see how it is rebutted.:rolleyes:

I have felt for a long time that it is absolutely disgusting that she is treated the way that she is (as it would be disgusting for ANY woman to be treated that way).:-x

BonMallari
11-24-2009, 08:47 AM
what really disgusts me is when the media brings the kids into the mix, Chelsea Clinton was off limits,so were Jenna and Barbara Bush, so why do they bring up Bristol Palin and her teen pregnancy, and the cruelest of all is when they toss around speculation about Palin's little son , but have any groups like NOW or other so called womens advocacy groups come to her rescue....of course not , because she doesnt share their political agenda..truly disgusting

Bob Gutermuth
11-24-2009, 08:55 AM
I noticed that Newsweak hasn't posted any cheesecake pics of Hillary on the cover. The lamestream media is disgusting, no wonder the right has to depend on Fox for the truth.

Pete
11-24-2009, 09:12 AM
It has always been this way,,Liberism at the radical level is a plague that will try to consume the people who are by nature normal people.

They belong in padded rooms but instead they get to run the assylim

I thought the artical was very eye opening and has expanded my understanding of the liberal mindset.

Thanks Hew for helping us become more enlightenend,,, the artical makes us conservatives look like the gentile,sweet ,non combative creatures that we are.

p

code3retrievers
11-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Good article!

The left has always pigeon holed groups of people, minorities and women. If you do not fit into one of their categories then you are cast out and marginalized. (Clarence Thomas / Palin)

What the left does not agree with, the left attempts to destroy through any means.

dnf777
11-24-2009, 10:02 AM
what really disgusts me is when the media brings the kids into the mix, Chelsea Clinton was off limits,so were Jenna and Barbara Bush, so why do they bring up Bristol Palin and her teen pregnancy,

The others mentioned did not bring their kids into the spotlight and use them as political pawns like Palin did. In fact, I remember Laura Bush specifically asking that her kids be left OUT of the political arena, even after some of their more notorious outings. Media respected, as it should have. Ditto for the Clintons.

Hew
11-24-2009, 10:06 AM
The others mentioned did not bring their kids into the spotlight and use them as political pawns like Palin did. In fact, I remember Laura Bush specifically asking that her kids be left OUT of the political arena, even after some of their more notorious outings. Media respected, as it should have. Ditto for the Clintons.
Do you have any specific examples of them "bringing their kids into the spotlight" beyond the typical photo op and convention stuff that all Prez/VP candidates do? How about some examples of them using their kids as political pawns?

ducknwork
11-24-2009, 10:08 AM
Beat me to it, Hew...

I'm sure that he might be referring to her pro life stance and having a down syndrome child. Other than that, I must have missed something.

Hew
11-24-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm sure that he might be referring to her pro life stance and having a down syndrome child.
Exactly. Because not hiding your Down Syndrome baby in shame is the a perfect example of turning your children into political pawns (in Wingnutville). But then had she hid her very young children in the basement while she campaigned, the fine citizens of Wingnutville would have bleated about what a crappy mother she was. As it was, the nuts made both claims simultaneously. And dnf cheered.

But I'm looking for something a little more substantive from him...examples of the Palins really putting their kids out on a limb. Something along the lines of 12 year Chelsea's appearance in the "Man From Hope" telling us all what a great dad he was during the 1992 campaign. Or using Chelsea as a photo op prop in the infamous Clinton hand-in-hand walk to the helicopter during the impeachment. Or having Chelsea step in for Hillary as the Official Whitehouse Hostess. Or Chelsea postponing college to hit the campaign trail. You know...those sorts of spotlighty things.

dnf777
11-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Exactly. Because not hiding your Down Syndrome baby in shame is the a perfect example of turning your children into political pawns (in Wingnutville). But then had she hid her very young children in the basement while she campaigned, the fine citizens of Wingnutville would have bleated about what a crappy mother she was. As it was, the nuts made both claims simultaneously. And dnf cheered.

But I'm looking for something a little more substantive from him...examples of the Palins really putting their kids out on a limb. Something along the lines of 12 year Chelsea's appearance in the "Man From Hope" telling us all what a great dad he was during the 1992 campaign. Or using Chelsea as a photo op prop in the infamous Clinton hand-in-hand walk to the helicopter during the impeachment. Or having Chelsea step in for Hillary as the Official Whitehouse Hostess. Or Chelsea postponing college to hit the campaign trail. You know...those sorts of spotlighty things.

When kids hit the campaign trail, that is a different story. And I believe Chelsea was over 18 or even 21 at that time, and her "fair game" status was discussed in the media. The Bushs and Clintons conducted themselves appropriately regarding their minor children at the time. Palin should go back to Wasilla and do what she does best.

Hew
11-24-2009, 11:27 AM
When kids hit the campaign trail, that is a different story. And I believe Chelsea was over 18 or even 21 at that time, and her "fair game" status was discussed in the media. The Bushs and Clintons conducted themselves appropriately regarding their minor children at the time. Palin should go back to Wasilla and do what she does best.
Drawing a blank on all those Palin spotlighty things, are ya? Fair enough.

dnf777
11-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Drawing a blank on all those Palin spotlighty things, are ya? Fair enough.

Not really. They're out there, before your eyes, if you'd just open them and take off the blinders. As someone once said, I'm not going to spoon feed you!

I said before, regarding the whole Sarah vs. Levi debacle...Jerry Springer should have just dedicated a week to the Palin klan and been done with it!

Frankly, I'm bored with this thread. If dear Sarah goes away, I won't notice it....if she sticks around and runs for president, it will mean more good late-night comedy skits at most. (which I can never stay awake for anyway) So whatever she does, really doesn't affect me too much!

ducknwork
11-24-2009, 11:50 AM
Not really. They're out there, before your eyes, if you'd just open them and take off the blinders. As someone once said, I'm not going to spoon feed you!

Nice deflection.;)

Roger Perry
11-24-2009, 12:20 PM

I have felt for a long time that it is absolutely disgusting that she is treated the way that she is (as it would be disgusting for ANY woman to be treated that way).:-x

And here I thought you would be the first to object to words being used such as vagina, piece of ass, c_ _t and sodomy

Eric Johnson
11-24-2009, 12:23 PM
I guess things will really heat up now that she leads the President in one popularity poll and is within the margin of error on a couple others.

I didn't see Palin putting forward her children on public display any more or less than say...the President. Meanwhile Letterman mentioned the Palin children several times but gosh, never the Obama children.

She's a phenomena and the only way the liberals and press can deal with her is to attack her, rather than her message.

Eric

Juli H
11-24-2009, 12:34 PM

care to prove your point?

in what ways did Palin 'use' her kids?

Juli

Blackstone
11-24-2009, 12:37 PM
I noticed that Newsweak hasn't posted any cheesecake pics of Hillary on the cover.

How would you take a "cheesecake" picture of Hillary? ;-)

dixidawg
11-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Cottage cheese cake?

Bob Gutermuth
11-24-2009, 12:54 PM
The looney left is afraid of Sarah Palin becuase they do not understand her nor the millions of folks behind her, regular Americans.

Roger Perry
11-24-2009, 01:18 PM
The looney left is afraid of Sarah Palin becuase they do not understand her nor the millions of folks behind her, regular Americans.

Bring her on Bob, I will switch my voter registration from Independent to Republican just to vote for her in the primaries. That is how much I am afraid of the Loon Palin.

dnf777
11-24-2009, 01:29 PM
care to prove your point?

in what ways did Palin 'use' her kids?

Juli

see #13.

What's really scary here, is that many posts indicate that there is an exclusive attitude amongst right wingers, in that they seem to believe that they, and ONLY they know what is right, think what is right, and that THEIR values are the only correct ones. Any thing else, even by the tiniest margin of difference, it anti-American, anti-Christ, anti-anything good. Independent and liberals tend to be more accepting of other's views and values, as the label "liberal" implies, hence no liberal Rush Limbaughs or Sean Hannitys.

Perfect example is saying that liberals don't understand "regular Americans". My grandfather worked in coal mines for 43 years, saved and bought his house, weathered the great Depression, and put his three kids through school so they may realize the American dream. He happens to be a democrat. Am I to assume from the posts here that he is not a "regular American"???

I must say, this forum has been a real educational experience....not in the way many may think, though. ;)

JDogger
11-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Just for contrast, another piece on Palin.

http://shannynmoore.wordpress.com/2009/11/08/palin%E2%80%99s-pavlovian-response-to-house-health-care-passage/

Juli H
11-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Just for contrast, another piece on Palin.

http://shannynmoore.wordpress.com/2009/11/08/palin%E2%80%99s-pavlovian-response-to-house-health-care-passage/

I wish i could find a bigger barfing smiley...:barf:

read thru some of the messages following the writers thoughts.....so much hate consuming people....it is really a shame....

ducknwork
11-24-2009, 03:22 PM
see #13.

See # 14...

subroc
11-24-2009, 06:14 PM
...Independent and liberals tend to be more accepting of other's views and values, as the label "liberal" implies, hence no liberal Rush Limbaughs or Sean Hannitys...

A canard. Let a conservative or even a republican try to speak at our esteemed universities and see how accepting your left wingers are of them. Your left wingers are so vile they can’t stand the exchange of ideas that differ from theirs to the point of throwing pies at the likes of David Horowitz, Ann Coulter and others. Yeh, sure, real accepting. Bunch of phonies....

How about Rachel Maddow and Keith Oberman????

dnf777
11-24-2009, 06:22 PM
A canard. Let a conservative or even a republican try to speak at our esteemed universities and see how accepting your left wingers are of them. Your left wingers are so vile they can’t stand the exchange of ideas that differ from theirs to the point of throwing pies at the likes of David Horowitz, Ann Coulter and others. Yeh, sure, real accepting. Bunch of phonies....

How about Rachel Maddow and Keith Oberman????

Hmmmm....I spun my radio dial at lunch from end to end and didn't find Olberman or Maddow. Did find wall to wall conservative talk. Not all bad either I must add, but VERY one-sided.

subroc
11-24-2009, 06:31 PM
I realize you like to use your nice left wing talking point about Rush. Rush is popular because he is good.

BTW, you didn't say they had to be talk radio.

Here are your lefties that populate the airwaves.

http://radiotime.com/Search.aspx?query=liberal%20talk

Richard Halstead
11-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Hmmmm....I spun my radio dial at lunch from end to end and didn't find Olberman or Maddow. Did find wall to wall conservative talk. Not all bad either I must add, but VERY one-sided.

Tune any NBC or MSNBC you won't hear anthing bad about Obama. Equally as one-sided. GE, owner of NBC, CEO Imholte doesn't want negative comments about Obama, he has such a fragile Ego.

JDogger
11-24-2009, 07:44 PM
I realize you like to use your nice left wing talking point about Rush. Rush is popular because he is good.

BTW, you didn't say they had to be talk radio.

Here are your lefties that populate the airwaves.

http://radiotime.com/Search.aspx?query=liberal%20talk

Hmm...76 online liberal stations,(I know, no one listens) vs. 160 conservative online stations. Wouldn't that tend to make conservative talk radio the reviled MSM?
On the tube the ratio is slightly reversed, but not by much. Do all the 24 hour cable news outlets have a bias? To be sure. The local affiliate's evening news touchs national politics for a of couple minutes, and just repeats the cable news cycle whatever their bent.
Seems to me it pretty much equals out.
Listen and view as broadly as your time permits. If the viewpoint presented seems silly, stupid or petty, comment on it.
I think that is one of the freedoms we can all agree on.

JD

subroc
11-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Hmm...76 online liberal stations,(I know, no one listens) vs. 160 conservative online stations. Wouldn't that tend to make conservative talk radio the reviled MSM?...

...Listen and view as broadly as your time permits. If the viewpoint presented seems silly, stupid or petty, comment on it.
I think that is one of the freedoms we can all agree on.

I don't know if it is possible to see where or if there is balance across the spectrum of sources of news. But, I expect we have plenty of news available. I doubt that any of it, even if it tries to be un-biased, doesn't have at least some level of judgment in its presentation. Most, I expect, is ideologically driven. Some percentage of outlets will not even present news that doesn't advance their agenda or in some way might harm candidates that they believe in politically/philosophically.(see acorn)

We can agree having the freedom is critical.

Henry V
11-24-2009, 11:36 PM
The left has always pigeon holed groups of people, minorities and women. If you do not fit into one of their categories then you are cast out and marginalized. (Clarence Thomas / Palin)

What the left does not agree with, the left attempts to destroy through any means.

LMFAO!!!!! Next to the “article” that began this thread (hew you ar lowering your standards), this is quite possibly the funniest statement I have ever seen on this site.

The level of denial and/or delusion among those here on the far right is amazing. Could anyone please present some evidence that the republican party is the big tent party that does not cast out or marginalize? All anyone needs to do to refute such a notion is to post a picture from a republican convention/rally or of the republican caucus of the house or senate. Also, take a look at what happened in New York’s 23rd district a few weeks ago. Yes, a great example of how inclusive the national party is. Same goes for the current treatment of Olympia Snowe and then there is good old Senator Specter former chair of the judiciary. He must have really felt included and crucial to the republican party to leave it. Didn't a bunch here say "good riddance".

Next, how about providing some evidence that the party takes the high road and doesn’t “pigeonhole people or destroy people” through any means? What an utterly ridiculous statement that ignores reality. Have you forgotten the vilification of the Clintons (they murdered people don’t you know, I saw it on a website) or today’s continued demonization of President Obama and current policies. Sean Hannity has said that it was his job to demonize Hillary and now to do the same for Obama. Glenn Beck called her a bitch. Today, Beck called Senator Landrieu a "high-class prostitute ... She may be easy, but she ain't cheap." Of course none of this is pigeonholing or meant to destroy them. It must just all be in fun. Just like all the coverage of ACORN which was nothing close to an attempt by the right to pigeonhole or destroy them, right? Hillarious.

Come to think of it why would democrats need to “destroy” folks on the right when they are so great at destroying each other? Look at the posts on this site directed at Olympia Snowe, Colin Powell and other Republicans who do not conform to all extreme right wing views. They get raked over the coals or at least called traitors. I totally agree that Palin is uniting the party, look at the evidence. McCain and his staffers have not found any lies in her book and support it fully. ;) This is nothing new of course. Look what Bush did to McCain in South Carolina in 2000. Yes, I also see lots of posts by those on the left here trying to destroy people, could someone find one, please.

As far as Palin goes, she is a celebrity who wrote a book. She will get media coverage for now and it will once again go away. She had many options since her VP run. She could have gone back to work governing and leading the state of Alaska and building her record for future political aspirations or she could cash in on her celebrity. She made her choice . Come on Palin 2012. Please, please, please. I am so afraid…………

dnf777
11-24-2009, 11:56 PM
LMFAO!!!!! Next to the “article” that began this thread (hew you ar lowering your standards), this is quite possibly the funniest statement I have ever seen on this site.

Bravo!

The extreme right has totally mastered "double-speak"....right out of Nineteen Eighty-Four! Nice to see them called for it once in a while!

M&K's Retrievers
11-25-2009, 12:45 AM
!

Frankly, I'm bored with this thread. If dear Sarah goes away, I won't notice it....if she sticks around and runs for president, it will mean more good late-night comedy skits at most. (which I can never stay awake for anyway) So whatever she does, really doesn't affect me too much!

If this is what your like when your bored with a thread, you must really chat it up when your not...

Hew
11-25-2009, 04:03 AM
Could anyone please present some evidence that the republican party is the big tent party that does not cast out or marginalize? All anyone needs to do to refute such a notion is to post a picture from a republican convention/rally or of the republican caucus of the house or senate. Also, take a look at what happened in New York’s 23rd district a few weeks ago. Yes, a great example of how inclusive the national party is. Same goes for the current treatment of Olympia Snowe and then there is good old Senator Specter former chair of the judiciary. He must have really felt included and crucial to the republican party to leave it. Didn't a bunch here say "good riddance".
Let me see if I've got you straight, Henry. You're trying to refute a previous poster's claim that the Democratic Party is all about identity politics and Balkanized special interests (women, gays, blacks, hispanics, lesbian blacks "married" to fat, handicapped, transgendered hispanic women, etc.). And you know, what better way to make your point than by counting heads at a GOP convention and decrying that you don't see enough women, gays, blacks, hispanics, and lesbian blacks married to handicapped, transgendered hispanics in the crowd? Bravo, Henry. You've convinced me. The previous poster was totally wrong and you and your fellow Democrats don't care a whit about identity politics afterall.

That little bit of delicious irony aside,...mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa, you're right...most conservatives and rank and file Republicans don't really care to politically support supposed Republicans who cast their lot with Democrats (Scozzafava, Colin Powell) or who are actually Democrats (Specter). How petty and narrow minded of us. But I'm sure you're a huge Joe Lieberman supporter, aren't ya?

road kill
11-25-2009, 07:59 AM

The level of denial and/or delusion among those here on the far right is amazing. Could anyone please present some evidence that the republican party is the big tent party that does not cast out or marginalize? As far as Palin goes, she is a celebrity who wrote a book. She will get media coverage for now and it will once again go away. She had many options since her VP run. She could have gone back to work governing and leading the state of Alaska and building her record for future political aspirations or she could cash in on her celebrity. She made her choice . Come on Palin 2012. Please, please, please. I am so afraid…………
The very spirit of this thread is to "cast out and marginalize" Sarah Palin.
Talk about double speak.
She evidently is not wanted in your partys' "tent.":D

cotts135
11-25-2009, 03:54 PM

It is amazing to me how Sarah Palin can cry out how bad she is being treated by MSM by being called names and such, and then remain silent when people she gives interviews to call a female US Senator a prostitute. Isn't this the same principle that we use with the Muslims when their leadership fails to denounce their radical members?

Captain Mike D
11-25-2009, 04:12 PM
It is amazing to me how Sarah Palin can cry out how bad she is being treated by MSM by being called names and such, and then remain silent when people she gives interviews to call a female US Senator a prostitute. Isn't this the same principle that we use with the Muslims when their leadership fails to denounce their radical members?

Maybe the most expensive prostitute in the history of the world $300,000.000.00 for a kiss ... Don't you just love it? :)

Mike

Uncle Bill
11-26-2009, 02:08 PM
As far as Palin goes, she is a celebrity who wrote a book. She will get media coverage for now and it will once again go away. She had many options since her VP run. She could have gone back to work governing and leading the state of Alaska and building her record for future political aspirations or she could cash in on her celebrity. She made her choice . Come on Palin 2012. Please, please, please. I am so afraid…………

Always fun to return to this BB with so many sheeple like Henry. Nice to see how emboldened you have become since putting in that fellow BFer..Frankin. Your pride must have all your buttons popped off.

With your undying support of the current administration, and all it stands for, can we assume you are into same-sex marriage too? How is that working out for you? How far away can a run for POTUS and vice POTUS by your favs, Barney Frank and his fellow limp-wrist buddy, Frankin be? Oh happy day! You must be elated.

UB