PDA

View Full Version : Ameristep hayhouse blind? (ASAP)

huntinlabs
11-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Has anyone used one of these to duck hunt or know someone that has if so how did they work out thinking about geting one since the wife dont want to hunt in seperat layout blinds...

Thanks for anyones help

huntinlabs
12-01-2009, 01:56 PM
No one has ever used one?

TroyFeeken
12-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Waste in my opinion.

Good layout blind is going to give you much more versatility, better comfort, less to haul into a field and easier to camo up than a haybale blind.

huntinlabs
12-01-2009, 02:30 PM
but i would have to buy two of them and they are much more expensive

Tim West
12-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Go to

Rogerssportinggoods.com

They have a khaki FA Express Layout blind for $78! You can't beat this anywhere. We guide with them and they are great. You will need to camo them up well though with the khaki. I would spray paint them with flat black, rust and tan camo spray paint, then brush them.

Mud them after you spray paint, then mud them and brush them.

TroyFeeken
12-02-2009, 08:29 AM
With a haybale blind, think of what you'd need in order to use it... a field with haybales in it. On top of that, it's got to be more difficult to stubble or make look like the other bales than two small layout blinds.

I have hunted out of lots of different kinds of blinds and thus far like that FA Pro Lander or X-Lander, depending on your size any typical temp you hunt in.

huntinlabs
12-02-2009, 04:45 PM
the place that i am hunting is like 4 to 6 foot buck brush and millet though so i dont think the blind will stick out or one place is an island of thickets and trees