PDA

View Full Version : T I T

dback
12-04-2009, 11:07 AM
www.statepress.com/node/9696

If I'm not mistaken this was originally funded by Arts & Humanities.

ducknwork
12-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Will those phones also have the tracking systems that all cell phones have that allows emergency services to pinpoint your location?:D;)

Pete
12-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Why not just pay home owners to take care of illegals when they cross. we can feed them ..bath them,,pay for their babies and basically just pay alll their bills,, this way they wont get hurt.
cant we charge these idiots with the cell phone idea with aiding in the criminal actions of others,,,,or did I just wake up on another planet,
P

dnf777
12-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Next, someone will invent a radar-detector to help people drive at excessive speeds, which already contributes to 40,000 traffic deaths per year! What the hell is this world coming to? Kevlar for bank-robbers at taxpayer expense? Free condoms for rapists to help avoid DNA detection?

Insane as it is....where there's a dollar to be made, there will be someone (usually a competing throng of people) waiting to capitalize!

YardleyLabs
12-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Next, someone will invent a radar-detector to help people drive at excessive speeds, which already contributes to 40,000 traffic deaths per year! What the hell is this world coming to? Kevlar for bank-robbers at taxpayer expense? Free condoms for rapists to help avoid DNA detection?

Insane as it is....where there's a dollar to be made, there will be someone (usually a competing throng of people) waiting to capitalize!
This is actually an interesting situation. The t.i.t. software is actually being developed by a group of artists as a conscious act of civil disobedience. The software is not expected to be available for another year. The telephone for which it is being developed was selected because it is cheap (under $50), readily accessible, and contains a GPS that can be accessed by programming code. It would not actually be used as a telephone at all. The basis of the software is a software tool developed by one of the artists to help hikers create a virtual simulation of planned hiking outings. If the package is ever completed as planned, it may find its greatest commercial applications among those of us who like to visit the great outdoors and avoid the signs of man. Maybe we'll see it advertised in the RTF Classifieds.;-)

charly_t
12-05-2009, 12:42 PM
www.statepress.com/node/9696

If I'm not mistaken this was originally funded by Arts & Humanities.

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus............at least there is for illegal aliens if this gets into production. Well, I guess Uncle Sam is already playing that part......uuuummmmmmm. Let me see now.......am I an elf or a reindeer ?

charly_t

BrianW
12-07-2009, 09:10 AM
The developers of this should be prosecuted for conspiracy to aid & abet illegal actions against DHS/Immigration.

brandywinelabs
12-07-2009, 12:03 PM
The developers of this should be prosecuted for conspiracy to aid & abet illegal actions against DHS/Immigration.

If we assumed all things were to be used imporperly we wouldn't have guns or cars or..... It's all in the use.

ducknwork
12-07-2009, 12:06 PM
If we assumed all things were to be used imporperly we wouldn't have guns or cars or..... It's all in the use.

From the article:

A new GPS mobile phone application, still in its testing stages, is designed to help immigrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border illegally.

The Transborder Immigrant Tool for Nextel Motorola phones was developed by a University of California at San Diego research team.

There is no scheduled completion date, but when the application is finished, it will be preloaded onto thousands of phones that will be distributed in Mexico, one of its creators said.

There is a huge difference in this product and the others that you mentioned. This is designed specifically to aid in illegal activities.

dnf777
12-07-2009, 01:01 PM

Be careful what you wish for. That exact same argument is being used by those who would hold gun manufacturers responsible for crimes committed with their product. Silly, yes, but obviously made headway in the courts.

dback
12-07-2009, 06:56 PM
If the package is ever completed as planned, it may find its greatest commercial applications among those of us who like to visit the great outdoors and avoid the signs of man. Maybe we'll see it advertised in the RTF Classifieds.;-)

I doubt that...the package you suggest is already available and most of us already own one. Additionally, if you wanted to avoid the signs of man....those would be the last trails you would follow....the trash is waist deep, you don't even need a GPS to follow them.

I was listening to a program last week with Cardenas as a guest. I was in and out of the truck so I did not hear all the comments. My understanding is that he wanted to provide the download for free to illegals in the border region of Mexico.

Regardless of your position on 'Illegal Immigration', a defensible opposition may be taken. There simply is no 'Black & White' in the issue of 'illegals' already present in the US, it is a very difficult, complicated issue and that is before politicians become involved. Inject political maneuvering and it becomes a real 'hairball'. High concentration areas of illegals have high crime rates and social services are burdened to limits (tip of the iceberg problems). The Feds attempt to shift the burden to the border states without recompense...the list just goes on.

Border security should be priority #1 in this issue, however, IMO the D's see it as an advantage to gain Hispanic voters and the R's have not the intestinal fortitude to attempt to stop it for much the same reason. Cardenas and his T I T program simply don't care that they are nothing more than a canker that will continue to drain our society.

BrianW
12-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Be careful what you wish for. That exact same argument is being used by those who would hold gun manufacturers responsible for crimes committed with their product. Silly, yes, but obviously made headway in the courts.

The firearm manufacturers produce a product that can be used to to enforce a Constitutionally guaranteed right.
Can you please direct me to the clause/amendment that covers guaranteed illegal entry to the US?
Also, the precedent that certain types of ammunition/fireams can not be sold to the general public established that certain applications of otherwise legal devices can be regulated, such as teflon coated/tungsten cored bullets .

Again, it's the stated intention that this application is designed to help immigrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border illegally, thus thwarting immigration laws and enforcement bodies by identifying their GPS locations.
If I develop software/devices designed to get around ATM security and fraudulently enter accounts to obtain financial/informational gain, particularly on a mass scale w/o governmental authority/license, I could be prosecuted/imprisoned under numerous bank & computer security acts for intent, not just use, because it's such a threat.

Electronic countermeasures to allow or facilitate illegal entry to US territory are a threat to our national security, be it an airplane, ship, vehicle or person. Those that collaborate in order to expedite that are committing conspiracy. The fact that it was developed at UCSD, most likely using Federal and State monies is the icing on the cake for me. Cloaking it as "humanitarian", "civil disobedience" or "disagreement with immigration policies" and trying to establish that we as "Americans also have the responsibility to make sure they (ILLEGAL entrants) do not perish along the way." is yet another indication to me that this country has lost it's mind.

dnf777
12-08-2009, 11:39 AM
The firearm manufacturers produce a product that can be used to to enforce a Constitutionally guaranteed right.
Can you please direct me to the clause/amendment that covers guaranteed illegal entry to the US?
Also, the precedent that certain types of ammunition/fireams can not be sold to the general public established that certain applications of otherwise legal devices can be regulated, such as teflon coated/tungsten cored bullets .

Again, it's the stated intention that this application is designed to help immigrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border illegally, thus thwarting immigration laws and enforcement bodies by identifying their GPS locations.
If I develop software/devices designed to get around ATM security and fraudulently enter accounts to obtain financial/informational gain, particularly on a mass scale w/o governmental authority/license, I could be prosecuted/imprisoned under numerous bank & computer security acts for intent, not just use, because it's such a threat.

Electronic countermeasures to allow or facilitate illegal entry to US territory are a threat to our national security, be it an airplane, ship, vehicle or person. Those that collaborate in order to expedite that are committing conspiracy. The fact that it was developed at UCSD, most likely using Federal and State monies is the icing on the cake for me. Cloaking it as "humanitarian", "civil disobedience" or "disagreement with immigration policies" and trying to establish that we as "Americans also have the responsibility to make sure they (ILLEGAL entrants) do not perish along the way." is yet another indication to me that this country has lost it's mind.

I don't think my comments in anyway disagree with your thoughts. Just sayin' people will try to twist it that way.

Personally, I think that if someone was genuinely concerned about the welfare of illegals crossing into this country, the best approach would be to encourage them to obey the law, and NOT ENTER ILLEGALLY!

Seems like nobody in a postition to make a diffence agrees though.