PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Baucus recommended girlfriend for U.S. Atttorney

Roger Perry
12-05-2009, 11:05 AM
December 5, 2009 - 8:47am

Top News (http://www.capitolhillblue.com/taxonomy/term/17)
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/files/120509baucusap.jpg

Sen. Max Baucus (AP)

By THOMAS PEIPERT

Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus was romantically involved with a former staffer when he recommended her earlier this year to become the next U.S. attorney for Montana, a spokesman said.

The Montana Democrat and his former state office director Melodee Hanes began their relationship in the summer of 2008 after Baucus separated from his wife, Ty Matsdorf told The Associated Press late Friday

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/20433

road kill
12-05-2009, 11:08 AM
It's to late Roger, our TENT isn't big enough!!

dnf777
12-05-2009, 11:43 AM
I always knew he was a republican in disguise!

Roger Perry
12-05-2009, 11:51 AM
It's to late Roger, our TENT isn't big enough!!

Just calling em as I sees em.

Bob Gutermuth
12-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Sounds like some of the stunts the kennedy clan has pulled.

dnf777
12-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Sounds like some of the stunts the kennedy clan has pulled.

Gee, Roger gets a barrage of criticism for bring up the ancient history of the Bush years.........But its ok to go back to the Kennedys????

LMAO!

I love these, "my dirt-bag politician is better than yours!" arguments!

Eliot Spitzer Larry Craig regards,
dave

subroc
12-05-2009, 04:36 PM
All things being equal, I have no problem with nepotism of "qualified" candidates.

code3retrievers
12-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Gee, Roger gets a barrage of criticism for bring up the ancient history of the Bush years.........But its ok to go back to the Kennedys????

LMAO!

I love these, "my dirt-bag politician is better than yours!" arguments!

dave

Here's the difference in case you can't tell, Republicans called for both of those mentioned to resign, the dems celebrate and condone immoral and unethical behavior.

Kennedys, Clinton, Barney Frank, William Jefferson, Gavin Neusom, Marrion Barry, Jesse Jackson, Gary Condit and the list could go on and on.

If you are a scum bag, you should be run out of office no matter what your affiliation is.

Make no excuses and maybe our politicians will be better for it and your right our dirt bag politician is better than yours because ours was thrown out or asked to resign!

Bob Gutermuth
12-05-2009, 08:27 PM
The Kennedys are still active in their brand of liberal politics, and probably still parcticing nepotism

dnf777
12-06-2009, 08:39 AM
If you are a scum bag, you should be run out of office no matter what your affiliation is.

Make no excuses and maybe our politicians will be better for it and your right our dirt bag politician is better than yours because ours was thrown out or asked to resign!

We should leave it at that, because there's something we can both agree on!

Roger Perry
12-06-2009, 04:47 PM
The Kennedys are still active in their brand of liberal politics, and probably still parcticing nepotism

From the grave?

Bob Gutermuth
12-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Sadly there are plenty of Kennedys who are in elective office.

ducknwork
12-07-2009, 07:37 AM
dave

Don't forget Mr. Argentina himself, Mark Sanford!

Henry V
12-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Here's the difference in case you can't tell, Republicans called for both of those mentioned to resign, the dems celebrate and condone immoral and unethical behavior.

..... If you are a scum bag, you should be run out of office no matter what your affiliation is.

Another key difference worth noting is that Repuublicans are supposedly the party of FAMILY VALUES. From Guliani, to Newt, to Rush, to McCain, to Reagan, to Bennett, to Sanford, to Foley, to Ensign, etc, etc. Hmmm, where were/are the calls for all these folks to resign since they did not or do not live up to the supposed values litmus test?
Wait, now I see, it is a big tent after all. The party can totally ignore a core principle or two or three including fiscal conservatism. Well, at least you still can take a stand on the abortion issue, borrow and spend, and just say No.

Bob Gutermuth
12-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Lets not forget Cold Cash Jefferson.

BonMallari
12-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Since the theme around here is "can you top this" ...does anyone know if Tiger Woods is a Republican or a Democrat

ducknwork
12-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Must be a democrat. He's black....

I know, a joke in poor taste. Sorry...

Low hanging fruit regards,

subroc
12-07-2009, 12:02 PM
...does anyone know if Tiger Woods is a Republican or a Democrat

Every indication shows he is apolitical.

When given the opportunity, he fails to get involved in political issues.

dnf777
12-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Must be a democrat. He's black....

I know, a joke in poor taste. Sorry...

Low hanging fruit regards,

I would agree that he's a democrat. Those were mighty fine lookin' women he ran around with.....not a male crack dealer or some dude in the airport men's room!!

Even lower fruit regards,

ducknwork
12-07-2009, 02:06 PM
I would agree that he's a democrat. Those were mighty fine lookin' women he ran around with.....not a male crack dealer or some dude in the airport men's room!!

Touche...:p:D

Yeah, that was low regards,

BonMallari
12-07-2009, 02:22 PM

and not a single one of them was/is better looking than his wife....and for the record I know that Tiger's dad was a staunch Republican because I ran into him at a couple of events back when I lived down the road in the next city from them in So Cal,also used to shoot the breeze with Mr Woods Sr on the practice range, he was a very good man..his mom was a real pistol too, its where he gets his killer instinct, she was always rooting him on to go for the jugular and crush his opponents..and that was at the AJGA junior evenents:razz:

K G
12-07-2009, 02:31 PM
and not a single one of them was/is better looking than his wife....

So, Bon....looks aren't everything, huh....;-)

If he's got opportunistic gold diggers looking to cash in on his indiscretions (up to and including Elin), best thing he can do is cut his losses now and get out. Tigers don't change their stripes...

Shoulda thought about his kids whilst he was putting on some other greens regards,

kg

road kill
12-07-2009, 02:45 PM
[B]and not a single one of them was/is better looking than his wife[/B:

UHHHHH....no one is!!!:shock:

code3retrievers
12-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Another key difference worth noting is that Repuublicans are supposedly the party of FAMILY VALUES. From Guliani, to Newt, to Rush, to McCain, to Reagan, to Bennett, to Sanford, to Foley, to Ensign, etc, etc. Hmmm, where were/are the calls for all these folks to resign since they did not or do not live up to the supposed values litmus test?
Wait, now I see, it is a big tent after all. The party can totally ignore a core principle or two or three including fiscal conservatism. Well, at least you still can take a stand on the abortion issue, borrow and spend, and just say No.

Let's see are anyone of these still in power or did they exit or on their way out of politics due to their indiscretions?

I would not vote for anyone one of those people you mentioned. By the way, several you mentioned, never had affairs or moral failings unless you consider the act of just alleging wrong doing, but I guess in your eyes allegations are just as good. The rest I say good so long.

I also think it's good that a party supports family values (you will always have bad apples in every bunch) what I really find funny is that the left seems to celebrate moral failing and support the murder of the innocent unborn and calls it "choice" or supports women's issues but fail to support Muslim women's rights around the world.

The left has no value system other then "If it feels good do it" and if you don't agree with it destroy it. And they say the left is tolerant.

SAD and SICK!

BonMallari
12-07-2009, 03:13 PM
So, Bon....looks aren't everything, huh....;-)

If he's got opportunistic gold diggers looking to cash in on his indiscretions (up to and including Elin), best thing he can do is cut his losses now and get out. Tigers don't change their stripes...

Shoulda thought about his kids whilst he was putting on some other greens regards,

kg

nope looks arent the end all do all...very disappointed in him as a man and father,... not surprised at all...I figure of the 7 that have surfaced, less than half are legit..I feel bad that his kids will have to read about their dad some day besides his heroics on the golf course

ducknwork
12-07-2009, 03:29 PM
UHHHHH....no one is!!!:shock:

Except mine....:cool:

dnf777
12-07-2009, 04:22 PM
I'd take my Italian/Filipino babe ANYDAY over Mrs. Woods! I just wish I had half of what she's going to extort out of him when the divorce is final!

BTW, my prediction has come 33% true already. I hear Oprah has invited him to come cry for forgiveness on her show, and admit that all men are evil, etc...
Once that happens, as well as The View and Ellen, my prediction will come true. Not sure about Dr. Phil, but he certainly fits in the "sorry I was born with a pair" circuit!