PDA

View Full Version : I Like This Guy!!!

road kill
12-08-2009, 09:16 AM
This guy will scare the "big tenters" to death!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Late the denigration and name calling begin!!:D

Hope and Change is on the way!!

road kill
12-09-2009, 09:00 AM
No comments, I am surprised .

This ain't Obama!!

code3retrievers
12-09-2009, 11:36 AM
What no teleprompter? He must not be as good as speaker as Obama.

How long before the left attempts to destroy this guy's character. Soon they will be calling him a racist and worse.

Great speech. I hope he can live up to his promises. With a little more research I may have to send a donation to his campaign and hope most of you do also.

JDogger
12-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Well, so far Stan it's you and c3r. I'd be interested in hearing from any RTF'ers in district 22, or any Floridians in general.
Despite a blemished military career, and a defeat in 2008, he does give an impassioned speech without a teleprompter (expensive). I did note though, he used notes in several of the youtubes I watched.
JD

Richard Halstead
12-09-2009, 07:39 PM
He seemed inspiring enough to have him interviwed by Katie Curic and other interviewers that impress Roger enough that he might have a positive review.

Franco
12-09-2009, 08:19 PM
......wow!

Raymond Little
12-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Well, so far Stan it's you and c3r. I'd be interested in hearing from any RTF'ers in district 22, or any Floridians in general.
Despite a blemished military career, and a defeat in 2008, he does give an impassioned speech without a teleprompter (expensive). I did note though, he used notes in several of the youtubes I watched.
JD
Just burns your azz doesn't it DNF???????? A black conservative??????????:rolleyes:

JDogger
12-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Just burns your azz doesn't it DNF???????? A black conservative??????????:rolleyes:

Are you drinking RL? Just who are you responding to? dnf777 has not even posted on this thread.

Seems your azz burns more.

JD

Eric Johnson
12-09-2009, 10:35 PM
I thought is was a powerful 5 minutes.

What do you mean JD by "blemished military career"? He was a LTCol with 22 years. That's about right since we don't know when he made LTCol compared to his retirement date.

Eric

JDogger
12-09-2009, 10:44 PM
I thought is was a powerful 5 minutes.

What do you mean JD by "blemished military career"? He was a LTCol with 22 years. That's about right since we don't know when he made LTCol compared to his retirement date.

Eric

Google allen west. read it for yourself.

JD

Hew
12-10-2009, 04:05 AM
I suspect that most Americans wouldn't consider the military career of this Bronze Star-awarded man "blemished" after learning more about it. Here's a primer: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/27/politics/27WEST.html?ex=1400990400&en=71d7b26fe2922d57&ei=5007&partner=USERLAND

He made a respectable showing in '08 (45%) despite being a newcomer running in a Democrat-leaning, lily-white district against an incumbent opponent who had 8x more money. Given how close the race might be in '10, and given that he's a fiery conservative black man who isn't a race pimp (thus negating his protected status within the media), look for the left to savage him (JDog already received his fax, apparently). I imagine a lot of outside money from both sides will pour into this campaign.

BTW, thx for posting that video, RK. I'd never seen it before and only vaguely knew about West before watching it. Before the usual suspect(s) on Potus Place gets the vapors about all the bayonet talk...he was speaking metaphorically. ;-)

Eric Johnson
12-10-2009, 11:22 AM
I'll not say whether what he did was right or wrong. Don't know because I wasn't there. However, in the heat of battle, people sometimes do things that in calmer times they wouldn't do. It's very hard to find fault when what they did is so inconsequential as this and what was done was done for the right motives.

Lately many lawyers in the military are acting a lot like auditors....they enter the fray once the war is over and shoot the wounded. Sounds like the prosecutor was a pompous twit and tried to make a name for herself by sacrificing Lt Col West on the alter of political correctness.

Eric

JDogger
12-10-2009, 08:16 PM
I suspect that most Americans wouldn't consider the military career of this Bronze Star-awarded man "blemished" after learning more about it. Here's a primer: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/27/politics/27WEST.html?ex=1400990400&en=71d7b26fe2922d57&ei=5007&partner=USERLAND

He made a respectable showing in '08 (45%) despite being a newcomer running in a Democrat-leaning, lily-white district against an incumbent opponent who had 8x more money. Given how close the race might be in '10, and given that he's a fiery conservative black man who isn't a race pimp (thus negating his protected status within the media), look for the left to savage him (JDog already received his fax, apparently). I imagine a lot of outside money from both sides will pour into this campaign.

BTW, thx for posting that video, RK. I'd never seen it before and only vaguely knew about West before watching it. Before the usual suspect(s) on Potus Place gets the vapors about all the bayonet talk...he was speaking metaphorically. ;-)

Yeah, Hew. I really savaged him. Gimme a break. His record is there for all who care to look. Was he a good, even exemplary, military officer? By all accounts, yes. Did he, under pressure make a bad decision? Quite possibly.
We are supposed to hold the 'higher ground', are we not? His assualt on a Iraqi civilian police officer was viewed by his peers as questionable, but he was given a break, and allowed to retire.
Would he make a good and refreshing congressman? Most likely. However, making the same speech over and over again does negate his lack of use of a teleprompter.
Does he have any other message other than he'd like to live in Palm Beach?
November will tell, eh?

JD

BTW I don't have a fax. Most of my communication with the leftist underground is done in the front seat of my Volvo, (as Julie put it), tipping a blunt.:rolleyes:

Matt Weberpal
12-10-2009, 09:29 PM
He's the real deal. He reminds me of my football coach, love the intensity.

JDogger
12-10-2009, 09:45 PM
He's the real deal. He reminds me of my football coach, love the intensity.

Unfortunately, all to many here view 21st century American politics as a football game. Us vs. them. A trually short-sighted view. No matter how eloquent and compelling his speechs, if he did make his way up, would you want this man with his hand on the trigger?

JD

Pete
12-10-2009, 09:50 PM
We are supposed to hold the 'higher ground', are we not? His assualt on a Iraqi civilian police officer was viewed by his peers as questionable, but he was given a break, and allowed to retire

Definately make this guy a general,,,was it only one assault. I'm guessin the genttileman wearing the diaper on his head had it common.

Pete

JDogger
12-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Definately make this guy a general,,,was it only one assault. I'm guessin the genttileman wearing the diaper on his head had it common.

Pete

Well, he's retired now Pete. Promotion is not a consideration. He's running for election as a congressman from Florida's 22nd district. I rather imagine they'll make up their own minds, Don't you?
If we treat every 'diaper-head wearin' Iraqi as the enemy, where does victory come into the equation?
I know, I know...nuke 'em all. You got anything else? :rolleyes:

Peckerhead regards,

JD

kdeckels
12-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Whoaaa - very radical.

Hew
12-11-2009, 04:13 AM
BTW I don't have a fax. Most of my communication with the leftist underground is done in the front seat of my Volvo, (as Julie put it), tipping a blunt.:rolleyes:
Leftist underground? Hell, they're running the country; not hiding.

Julie is wrong, though. Blunts are way too proletariat and gauche for you. You're definately a hookah man. ;-)

BrianW
12-11-2009, 09:24 AM
as the report I read say he suffered no significant wound or injuries.
Definately make this guy a general,,,was it only one assault. I'm guessin the genttileman wearing the diaper on his head had it common. Pete

Back when we had generals that weren't constrained by being ordered to fight "politically correct" wars, someone like Patton would probably asked West what the @#ck took him so long to get the info instead of having him brought up on charges. In a real war, the "high road" is the one you take to outflank, surround and destroy your enemy before he destroys you. But it's plain that this hasn't been a real war for some time now.

If we treat every 'diaper-head wearin' Iraqi as the enemy, where does victory come into the equation?

In the case of LtCol West we're not talking about "every Iraqi", we're talking about a policeman, theoretically on "our" side that would not provide information about the terrorist's assassination plot, thus being complicit in the plot and in my view becoming a traitor & a terrorist himself, e.g the "enemy".
In this particular case "victory" comes about by those on our side actually staying on our side and not aiding/abetting the enemy.
Even PBO said yesterday in his Nobel speech that you can't reason with terrorists. So how do you achieve "victory" against someone you can't negotiate with? Only 1 way that I know of. The terrorists want to go to Allah, I say help on their way. Seems to me the "policeman" got off easy.as he suffered no significant wound or injuries.

BTW, the Islamic terrorists who hate our guts, want to kill us and destroy our country don't appreciate being called "towel" or "diaperheads" as what they wear on their heads is actually a small, folded sheet.
SO, we should be calling them "Little Sheet Heads" and giving them the due respect they deserve! :p

Pete
12-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Well, he's retired now Pete. Promotion is not a consideration. He's running for election as a congressman from Florida's 22nd district. I rather imagine they'll make up their own minds, Don't you?
I know, I know...nuke 'em all. You got anything else

Well that it a good idea ,,,I kind of like the get out and let them kill each other,,,,we can blow up training camps via satilites from 1000 miles away. we need to put another sadam hussein in their and let him keep Iran busy. Sadam hussein is lookin pretty rightous now eh

p

JDogger
12-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Are you and BrianW related?

JD

ducknwork
12-11-2009, 02:30 PM
I'd vote for him in a second.

Franco
12-11-2009, 04:30 PM
I'd vote for him in a second.

Me too! By saying what needs to be said and not pandering to anyone, this man is the anti-Obama!

Pete
12-11-2009, 06:43 PM
http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/image.php?u=22603&dateline=1227284966 (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/member.php?u=22603)

Are you and BrianW related

Great minds think alike,,,,We are in the same state ,,maby we are related some how

Leddyman
12-11-2009, 07:48 PM
If we had a few people like him in charge of this fiasco we would have won it by now.

ducknwork
12-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Can anybody say 'second black president'?:D

JDogger
12-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Can anybody say 'second black president'?:D

No..., he hasn't even won his district yet. The more you and 'others' jump on his bandwagon the more he reminds me of Obama. "Please, oh please, say something we can believe in." The right is as mindless as the left. "Please, please say the words I want to hear. Your are our Messiah, even if you are black. Yea... you speak the magic words.
Sheep on the right, smell as do sheep on the left. Like dung.
Turn around and look at the dye mark on your neck...is it red?

JD

ducknwork
12-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Your sense of humor is equivalent to that of a wet rock.

JDogger
12-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Slippery...hmmm?

The humor to be garnered here on RTF PP can indeed run the gamut. From dry and witty, to boorish and obtuse. Where pray tell, do you place yourself?
I know you'll turn the question around to ask me where I view myself...Answer...

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/smilies/poke.gif

I hope you know dknwk, I don't take any of this very seriously.
At any given moment 5 are viewing this, and 85 are viewing the main forum, and they don't give a FRA about our bickering here. I'm old and I enjoy giving a poke with a stick now and again, what's your excuse?

JD

JDogger
12-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Great minds think alike,,,,We are in the same state ,,maby we are related some how

Is it in the water?

JD

BrianW
12-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Is it in the water? JD
Actually I like to think it's in the air. Nice crisp & clean and well away from most of the crap from the cities with plenty of room for a dog to be a dog. ;-)
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/BKWelch/Magnum%20pix/Snowpix2-22003.jpg

Fwiw, at least Allen West seems to be saying what he believes in, which is what people want to hear. Say what you mean AND mean what you say. Unlike the current POTUS who masked his true core beliefs/intentions with the aid of the media, who wouldn't ask the tough questions and dig into what he really meant, like when he said he wanted "to transform America".
We can bet though, that the media will do all it can to twist and distort this man's campaign against stimulus/cap & trade/health care "reform" supporter Ron Klein.

ducknwork
12-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Slippery...hmmm?

The humor to be garnered here on RTF PP can indeed run the gamut. From dry and witty, to boorish and obtuse. Where pray tell, do you place yourself? Whatever seems funny to me at the time. Sorry, that is the best I can do. I know you'll turn the question around to ask me where I view myself...Answer... I don't really care, Ms. Cleo. Tell me what else you 'know' about me...;)

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/smilies/poke.gif

I hope you know dknwk, I don't take any of this very seriously.
At any given moment 5 are viewing this, and 85 are viewing the main forum, and they don't give a FRA about our bickering here. I'm old and I enjoy giving a poke with a stick now and again, what's your excuse?

JD

What do I need an excuse for?:confused:

Pete
12-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Sheep on the right, smell as do sheep on the left. Like dung.
Turn around and look at the dye mark on your neck...is it red

JD
Sheep smell like lanolin:)

Pete

K G
12-19-2009, 02:10 PM
No..., he hasn't even won his district yet.
JD

Didn't take a whole lot more than that to get BHO elected (I mean...before he started making the campaign promises)...anything can happen...;-)

kg

JDogger
12-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Didn't take a whole lot more than that to get BHO elected (I mean...before he started making the campaign promises)...anything can happen...;-)

kg

Considering the past history of the republican party in Palm Beach...no kiddin'.:rolleyes:

Recount regards,

JD

K G
12-19-2009, 04:33 PM
I was referring more to his experience as a "community organizer" and that year and a half as a Senator authoring ZERO legislation....and I LOVE the term "past history".....;-)

kg

JDogger
12-19-2009, 05:01 PM
I was referring more to his experience as a "community organizer" and that year and a half as a Senator authoring ZERO legislation....and I LOVE the term "past history".....;-)

kg

Jeez, KG's the grammer police again http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/love0030.gif

K G
12-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Yeah...THAT was the most important part of my post....:rolleyes:

At least I put a winky face after it...you DO know that's to indicate "humor" right, JDog? You DO know what HUMOR is, don't you?

Or are you channeling Al Franken??? ;-):D;-):D

Best I can do regards,

kg

........and it's "grammar"..........:wink:

JDogger
12-19-2009, 09:20 PM
Yeah...THAT was the most important part of my post....:rolleyes:

At least I put a winky face after it...you DO know that's to indicate "humor" right, JDog? You DO know what HUMOR is, don't you?

Or are you channeling Al Franken??? ;-):D

Best I can do regards,

kg

........and it's "grammar"..........:wink:

And spelling too. Let me crawl into a cave. I am trully a grasshopper. I sit at your feet Bapu. Unrole your mat and let me sit upon its' corner, I have much to learn. :rolleyes:

The bowing, scraping smiley is humor too KG, tell me you get it?

JD

Smiley face added for emphasis :)

OK?

JD

Hoosier
12-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Hint: JDog, when your the only one laughing, your jokes probably aren't that funny.

JDogger
12-20-2009, 02:50 AM
Hint: JDog, when your the only one laughing, your jokes probably aren't that funny.

Who's joking?
Who cares?

JD

ducknwork
12-20-2009, 12:22 PM
At least the last few posts have been entertaining!:D

K G
12-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Maybe JDog has finally found his niche....:D

kg

Hoosier
12-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Maybe JDog has finally found his niche....:D

kg

Now all he needs is a good stage name. Hmmm, how about Phillip MaCrevice

JDogger
12-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Now all he needs is a good stage name. Hmmm, how about Phillip MaCrevice

OMG. You do have a sense of humor. :D

Huh, huh...naw...Mongo straight.

Please... tell me you get it Hoosier?

Looks likes someone else has found their niche regards,http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/smilies/nilly.gif

JD