PDA

View Full Version : Support Sarah Palin for President

Roger Perry
12-09-2009, 03:14 PM
The Irrefutable Stupidity of Sarah Palin (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cenk-uygur/the-irrefutable-stupidity_b_382213.html)

From time to time, I'll get into a debate with a right-winger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhT0J9DJ1Lg)about whether Sarah Palin is actually stupid or if liberals are just hopelessly biased against her. They claim this bias comes from the fact that liberals are scared of her electability, her charm, her looks, her femininity, her Christianity, her ability connect to the common man and her overall wonderfulness. So, the theory is that we have all collectively decided that she is the best Republican candidate in some secret liberal meeting and are conspiring against her because we are afraid of how brilliant and electable she really is.
Now, there are a couple of problems with this theory. There are no opinion leaders on the left with Rush Limbaugh-like authority who can command all other progressives to think the same thing and use the same arguments against one person. In other words, we all think she is stupid because she is in fact stupid, not because some liberal cabal told us to think that.
How come we don't call Newt Gingrich stupid? Or Dick Cheney or Kay Bailey Hutchinson or Elizabeth Dole or Dennis Hastert? And the list goes on and on of heinous and deplorable right-wingers who are not stupid. We don't make those charges against those people, because as much as we might not agree with them or like them, we know that they are not dullards. They're all clever in their own way. Mitt Romney is greasy, Michael Steele is a clown and Tom DeLay is dirty, but we don't go after their mental acuity like we do with Sarah Palin because they're not as dumb as her (not even Steele).
So, finally we get to the evidence. I thought I'd just do it here and be done with it. Then I can just point people to this post from now on and end this senseless argument.
Now, there are a million examples (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sarah+palin+young+turks&search_type=&aq=f) of this, but I thought I'd go with three knockout punches here. In the first video, we have the classic Bush Doctrine answer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRCCcxMa-Lo), where she does not know the basic foreign policy of the Republican president at the time. How could she possibly be running for vice president and not know this? The only thing more unconscionable is the sad excuses her supporters make for this terribly botched answer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cenk-uygur/the-irrefutable-stupidity_b_382213.html

Richard Halstead
12-09-2009, 03:24 PM
I don't know if she is the one to lead us out of this problem but the current leadership seems to be leading us away from our past system.

Pals
12-09-2009, 03:29 PM
just keep calling her stupid Roger-if it makes you feel better.

We've already had this discussion in another thread......

Roger Perry
12-09-2009, 03:32 PM
just keep calling her stupid Roger-if it makes you feel better.

We've already had this discussion in another thread......

Bill O'Reilly: Let me be very bold and fresh again, do you believe that you are smart enough, incisive enough, intellectual enough to handle the most powerful job in the world?

Sarah Palin: I believe that I am because I have common sense and I have I believe the values that I think are reflective of so many other American values, and I believe that what Americans are seeking is not the elitism, the uhm, the ah, a kind of spineless, spinelessness that perhaps is made up for that with some kind of elite, Ivy league education and, and a fat resume that is based on anything but hard work and private sector, free enterprise principles. Americans are could be seeking something like that in positive change in their leadership, I'm not saying that that has to be me.
Can anyone really be biased enough to think that was a smart answer? The great irony is that he asked her if she's smart enough to be president and she gave what might be her dumbest answer yet. That answer was so bad it almost made George W. Bush look smart. Can anyone in good conscience defend that answer and say with a straight face that she should be this country's leader?
If you say yes, then there is no sense in talking to one another anymore because we are not operating in the same reality, or planet. We'll never be able to agree on anything if we can't agree that was just about as incomprehensible and stupid an answer as you can possibly come up with. And that settles the debate, because you either live in the reality based world and realize she is obviously not qualified, or in the immortal words of Stephen Colbert you believe that "reality has a well-known liberal bias" and she would make a great president.

Did you even listen to the interviews?

duckheads
12-09-2009, 03:53 PM
you can say all you want about her, but she has a huge following. She is selling a shitload more books than anyone else has from the democratic party. So keep wizzing in the wind because she will be around for awhile.

Steve Amrein
12-09-2009, 04:07 PM
you can say all you want about her, but she has a huge following. She is selling a shitload more books than anyone else has from the democratic party. So keep wizzing in the wind because she will be around for awhile.

Remember the book BHO is selling hows that doing Rog. Its a bummer when someone so stupid out does ya......

BTW her poll numbers are going the other direction compaired to the choosen one.

road kill
12-09-2009, 04:17 PM
The Irrefutable Stupidity of Sarah Palin (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cenk-uygur/the-irrefutable-stupidity_b_382213.html)

From time to time, I'll get into a debate with a right-winger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhT0J9DJ1Lg)about whether Sarah Palin is actually stupid or if liberals are just hopelessly biased against her. They claim this bias comes from the fact that liberals are scared of her electability, her charm, her looks, her femininity, her Christianity, her ability connect to the common man and her overall wonderfulness. So, the theory is that we have all collectively decided that she is the best Republican candidate in some secret liberal meeting and are conspiring against her because we are afraid of how brilliant and electable she really is.
Now, there are a couple of problems with this theory. There are no opinion leaders on the left with Rush Limbaugh-like authority who can command all other progressives to think the same thing and use the same arguments against one person. In other words, we all think she is stupid because she is in fact stupid, not because some liberal cabal told us to think that.
How come we don't call Newt Gingrich stupid? Or Dick Cheney or Kay Bailey Hutchinson or Elizabeth Dole or Dennis Hastert? And the list goes on and on of heinous and deplorable right-wingers who are not stupid. We don't make those charges against those people, because as much as we might not agree with them or like them, we know that they are not dullards. They're all clever in their own way. Mitt Romney is greasy, Michael Steele is a clown and Tom DeLay is dirty, but we don't go after their mental acuity like we do with Sarah Palin because they're not as dumb as her (not even Steele).
So, finally we get to the evidence. I thought I'd just do it here and be done with it. Then I can just point people to this post from now on and end this senseless argument.
Now, there are a million examples (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sarah+palin+young+turks&search_type=&aq=f) of this, but I thought I'd go with three knockout punches here. In the first video, we have the classic Bush Doctrine answer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRCCcxMa-Lo), where she does not know the basic foreign policy of the Republican president at the time. How could she possibly be running for vice president and not know this? The only thing more unconscionable is the sad excuses her supporters make for this terribly botched answer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cenk-uygur/the-irrefutable-stupidity_b_382213.html

Ah yes, the Huffing&Puffington Post!!

Good source Rog, best loosen up that foil hat bud!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!:roll:

subroc
12-09-2009, 04:28 PM
...Did you even listen to the interviews?

Whenever I hear a lefty say anything about her, I just think 57 states and all is well in the world.

Roger Perry
12-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Ah yes, the Huffing&Puffington Post!!

Good source Rog, best loosen up that foil hat bud!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!:roll:

Why do the right wing wacko's here quote the Huffington Post when it suits their position :confused:

Roger Perry
12-09-2009, 04:48 PM

I hope so. I will support her for the primaries;-)

Hoosier
12-09-2009, 04:59 PM
So Roger, why are you so obsessed with a stupid person?

JDogger
12-09-2009, 05:39 PM

Seems to me a lot of people are. :rolleyes:

JD

dnf777
12-09-2009, 05:43 PM
So keep wizzing in the wind because she will be around for awhile.

The lefties are banking on that! You betchya!

Roger Perry
12-09-2009, 05:55 PM
The answer to this question was given AFTER she quit as Governor of Alaska

Bill O'Reilly: Let me be very bold and fresh again, do you believe that you are smart enough, incisive enough, intellectual enough to handle the most powerful job in the world?

Sarah Palin: I believe that I am because I have common sense and I have I believe the values that I think are reflective of so many other American values, and I believe that what Americans are seeking is not the elitism, the uhm, the ah, a kind of spineless, spinelessness that perhaps is made up for that with some kind of elite, Ivy league education and, and a fat resume that is based on anything but hard work and private sector, free enterprise principles. Americans are could be seeking something like that in positive change in their leadership, I'm not saying that that has to be me.

dnf777
12-09-2009, 06:03 PM
She mentioned "hard work and private sector".

Someone correct me, but isn't her only non-political job a short tenure as a sports announcer and writer for a small town media?

Nor_Cal_Angler
12-09-2009, 06:17 PM

Someone correct me, but isn't her only non-political job a short tenure as a sports announcer and writer for a small town media?

Nope,

Commercial fishing biz...

Owner of record is Todd Palin, but that is not uncommon to list only one person as the owner of a family biz. (rather than each filing a schedual C only one member of the family does)

Toad's Fisheries is the name of the Co. they sell catch out of Bristol Bay to a commerical Co. in Seattle.

They dont turn a large profit but that again isnt very uncommon in the commerical fishing indurstry.

They also had a go at a small town car wash but that went up in smoke after a few years of operation.

All in all I will take her actions as a political figure head over the current administration's (all cab. members) any day of the week!!!!!!!

NCA

zeus3925
12-09-2009, 06:45 PM
I haven't seen anything in her approach to things that gives me any confidence in her ability to govern. But if you're a young buck full of testosterone, I can understand why you guys are so eager to vote your hormones.

Roger Perry
12-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Nope,

Commercial fishing biz...

Owner of record is Todd Palin, but that is not uncommon to list only one person as the owner of a family biz. (rather than each filing a schedual C only one member of the family does)

Toad's Fisheries is the name of the Co. they sell catch out of Bristol Bay to a commerical Co. in Seattle.

They dont turn a large profit but that again isnt very uncommon in the commerical fishing indurstry.

They also had a go at a small town car wash but that went up in smoke after a few years of operation.

All in all I will take her actions as a political figure head over the current administration's (all cab. members) any day of the week!!!!!!!

NCA

Sarah should have worn her bikini to wipe down the cars.;-)

dnf777
12-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Nope,

NCA

Hmmmmm....so a lack-luster fishing business in Alaska, and a car-wash that "went up in smoke"?

You didn't forget any lemonade-stand enterprises did you?

Gee, quit two elected positions early, and had a small business go up in smoke. And you want to let her run the country, by-golly?

Richard Halstead
12-09-2009, 07:10 PM

The simple sage said it best as Forest Gump. "Stupid is as stupid does", mean while the uninteligent former Alaska Govenor is laughing all the way to the bank.

road kill
12-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I haven't seen anything in her approach to things that gives me any confidence in her ability to govern. But if your a young buck full of testosterone, I can understand why you guys are so eager to vote your hormones.
Isn't that what your side did in the last election??

Warm tinglys up your leg regards!!:D

JDogger
12-09-2009, 07:52 PM
The simple sage said it best as Forest Gump. "Stupid is as stupid does", mean while the uninteligent former Alaska Govenor is laughing all the way to the bank.

You beat me to the Gump quote Richard. If that's what jingles your X-mas bells, so be it. Had a spammer offer her book the other day for $4.95 + S+H $11.95 = $16.90. Wotta deal? He probably bought 1k copies for $2.
No wonder sales are up. Hope he makes a profit. I'll buy one for the cabin. One of these days one of the kids will pick it up and say, "WTF?"

JD

Nor_Cal_Angler
12-09-2009, 08:12 PM
I haven't seen anything in her approach to things that gives me any confidence in her ability to govern. But if your a young buck full of testosterone, I can understand why you guys are so eager to vote your hormones.

I consider, Running out corupt members of her own party, selling the extravagant unnecessary items of the former govenor and returning the money to the taxpayer, and establishing contracts with big oil to turn over some of that money to her states people ACTIONS I can get behind, and an approach to governance that gives me confidence.

Sarah should have worn her bikini to wipe down the cars.;-)

TOO TRUE!!!!!

Hmmmmm....so a lack-luster fishing business in Alaska, and a car-wash that "went up in smoke"?

You didn't forget any lemonade-stand enterprises did you?

Gee, quit two elected positions early, and had a small business go up in smoke. And you want to let her run the country, by-golly?

You only asked to be corrected!!!!!!!!!!

Correction noted regards,

NCA

Raymond Little
12-09-2009, 08:38 PM

Roger, your stupidity is irrefutable.;)

zeus3925
12-09-2009, 10:53 PM
I consider, Running out corupt members of her own party, selling the extravagant unnecessary items of the former govenor and returning the money to the taxpayer, and establishing contracts with big oil to turn over some of that money to her states people ACTIONS I can get behind, and an approach to governance that gives me confidence.

If she had returned the money for the "Bridge to Nowhere" she might have been worthy of another look.

ducknwork
12-10-2009, 06:18 AM

And the current POTUS's only non political job was, ummmm. Crap, I'm drawing a blank here...:confused:

ducknwork
12-10-2009, 06:23 AM

Can anyone really be biased enough to think that was a smart answer? The great irony is that he asked her if she's smart enough to be president and she gave what might be her dumbest answer yet. That answer was so bad it almost made George W. Bush look smart. Can anyone in good conscience defend that answer and say with a straight face that she should be this country's leader?
If you say yes, then there is no sense in talking to one another anymore because we are not operating in the same reality, or planet. We'll never be able to agree on anything if we can't agree that was just about as incomprehensible and stupid an answer as you can possibly come up with. And that settles the debate, because you either live in the reality based world and realize she is obviously not qualified, or in the immortal words of Stephen Colbert you believe that "reality has a well-known liberal bias" and she would make a great president.

Did you even listen to the interviews?

I'll bite, Rog. What's wrong with what she said? To summarize:

She:

1. Possesses common sense (that's rare in DC) and values reflective of many Americans
2. Believes Americans don't want elitists
3. Says education isn't all it's cracked up to be
4. Takes issue with those who don't believe in free enterprise principles (capitalism)
5. Believes Americans want positive change, but admits it may not be her that must bring it

Sounds good to me regards,

BTW, she wasn't running for 'the most powerful job in the world'.

Steve Amrein
12-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Sadly both parties but it seems more so the left when trying to demonize someone they always say how stupid they are. "Potatoe" for example. A person makes a statement or 2 that is wrong and they are toast. I dont understand how Biden gets a pass. I would have thought BHO Mr 57 states, would have him muzzled by now. BTW the best and brightest (both sides) have gotten this country to the point it is currently and hows that workin out. I also dont think she is electable at least right now.

dnf777
12-10-2009, 09:15 AM
And the current POTUS's only non political job was, ummmm. Crap, I'm drawing a blank here...:confused:

Wow...this discussion is wholly about Sarah Palin. How you could confuse her with Mr. Obama is far far far beyond my comprehension!!
Hint: She's a girl, he's a dude. She's white, he's black. She's republican, he's democrat. The list goes on...

Nor_Cal_Angler
12-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Wow...this discussion is wholly about Sarah Palin. How you could confuse her with Mr. Obama is far far far beyond my comprehension!!
Hint: She's a girl, he's a dude. She's white, he's black. She's republican, he's democrat. The list goes on...

But the compariosn is valid....

If your holding to the idea that Sarah is an IDIOTm welllllllllll.....

I'm Just Saying Regards,

NCA

Bob Gutermuth
12-10-2009, 10:26 AM
I love the way that the looney left laughs at Fox news, but then takes the BS from Huffington, Daily Kos and Move ON as factual.

zeus3925
12-10-2009, 10:30 AM
I'll bite, Rog. What's wrong with what she said? To summarize:

She:

1. Possesses common sense (that's rare in DC) and values reflective of many Americans
2. Believes Americans don't want elitists
3. Says education isn't all it's cracked up to be
4. Takes issue with those who don't believe in free enterprise principles (capitalism)
5. Believes Americans want positive change, but admits it may not be her that must bring it

Sounds good to me regards,

Sounds like an ideal running mate for Jesse Ventura (who just might make a run for POTUS).

ducknwork
12-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Honest question zeus, was that last comment a positive or negative one? I don't know how you meant it. Really.

ducknwork
12-10-2009, 10:37 AM

I figured that if we were going to bag on someone who didn't get elected as POTUS (hell, didn't even run for it), it's only fair to extend the same criticism to the person who did get elected.

Most of the posts on this thread seem to confuse the fact that she did not actually run for President, and has not announced if she will in the future.

zeus3925
12-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Honest question zeus, was that last comment a positive or negative one? I don't know how you meant it. Really.

You can take it either way. They both have similar thinking.

dnf777
12-10-2009, 12:22 PM
I figured that if we were going to bag on someone who didn't get elected as POTUS (hell, didn't even run for it), it's only fair to extend the same criticism to the person who did get elected.

Most of the posts on this thread seem to confuse the fact that she did not actually run for President, and has not announced if she will in the future.

Yes, but when the running mate who IS running for president will be the oldest man ever elected to that office, one must at least entertain the thought, right?

dnf777
12-10-2009, 12:24 PM
I love the way that the looney left laughs at Fox news, but then takes the BS from Huffington, Daily Kos and Move ON as factual.

You can check my browse history, I've never been to any of those sites, expect Faux-News. I'll take your word for it though, if those sites are half as biased as Faux, I'm glad I never paid them any creedence.

mjh345
12-10-2009, 12:32 PM

Gotta love and respect Fox news for their ability to bring us "FAIR AND BALANCED" reporting.

"Gidget" Carlson, or one of their many ex-beauty queen "journalists" was doing a typical "Pulitzer-Prize" worthy expose on the alleged global warming email scandal.

She was showing a poll on whether Americans felt that the emails indicated that some of the data had been exaggerated or manipulated.

According to her poll, over 50% of Americans polled felt that manipulation or exaggeration had occurred.
Apparently, Gidget failed to realize that the figures quoted in the poll totalled up to 120% of polled respondents.

I don't know if this shows Fox to be truly "FAIR AND BALANCED". However it appears that for a story on the exaggeration and manipulation of data they certainly do have some expertise in that area.

WE REPORT- YOU DECIDE regards

Bud Bass
12-10-2009, 12:49 PM
There are a couple things that I consider hallarous about the far right and their infacuation over SARAH. If she looked like Phillis Diller, her ratings would be in single digets, she would never have gotten where she is based on what she says. Period. She quit the state of Alaska to devote more time to writing her book. Most likely a smart decision she had help making, seeing as how she got over a million bucks up front for the writing, and they steered her to a very good ghost writer who knew more of the aphabet then she did. Right now she is in it for the money. Before her book tour, she spent some time in Bozman MT looking at cattle ranches for sale. What does that tell you. Bud

Marvin S
12-10-2009, 12:56 PM
There are a couple things that I consider hallarous about the far right and their infacuation over SARAH. If she looked like Phillis Diller, her ratings would be in single digets, she would never have gotten where she is based on what she says. Period. She quit the state of Alaska to devote more time to writing her book. Most likely a smart decision she had help making, seeing as how she got over a million bucks up front for the writing, and they steered her to a very good ghost writer who knew more of the aphabet then she did. Right now she is in it for the money. Before her book tour, she spent some time in Bozman MT looking at cattle ranches for sale. What does that tell you. Bud

It tells me you are either a REALLY lousy speller or not very well read. :( but :cool:

Julie R.
12-10-2009, 01:24 PM

I'm not a Palin fan, but even I will concede I'm amused by the way she alarms the left and sends them into such a feeding frenzy. But as light as her resume is, it's still light years better than Obongo's. But Dave, remind me again about your boy's qualifications for his job? All that private sector hard work and experience learning how the real world works? All those legislative initiatives and thoughtful debates he participated in both in the Illinois and U.S. Senate? Someone? Anyone?

dnf777
12-10-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm not a Palin fan, but even I will concede I'm amused by the way she alarms the left and sends them into such a feeding frenzy. But as light as her resume is, it's still light years better than Obongo's. But Dave, remind me again about your boy's qualifications for his job? All that private sector hard work and experience learning how the real world works? All those legislative initiatives and thoughtful debates he participated in both in the Illinois and U.S. Senate? Someone? Anyone?

I don't think anyone on the left is alarmed by her. They actually hope she runs! She's the Dan Qualye of the 21st Century, although he DID complete his sworn service in it's entirety.

Again, let me direct the following at you this time:

Hint: She's a girl, he's a dude. She's white, he's black. She's republican, he's democrat. The list goes on... I think the right is secretly in LOVE with Obama...someone mentions a beautiful woman, and ya'll immediately associate that with Obama! Weird, if you ask me!

As my "my Boy", since you asked what hard work he has done, I'll tell you.
He was born in the hard-working blue collar steel city of Pittsburgh. Worked his way into a top medical school, Duke, earned his MD degree and completed one of the most grueling, sleepless residencies, OB/GYN, and built and worked in private practice, all prior to entering public service. Oh, did you falsely assume "my boy" was Mr. Obama?? You know what they say about ASS-U-ME, don't you?

Nor_Cal_Angler
12-10-2009, 07:30 PM
As my "my Boy", since you asked what hard work he has done, I'll tell you.
He was born in the hard-working blue collar steel city of Pittsburgh. Worked his way into a top medical school, Duke, earned his MD degree and completed one of the most grueling, sleepless residencies, OB/GYN, and built and worked in private practice, all prior to entering public service. Oh, did you falsely assume "my boy" was Mr. Obama?? You know what they say about ASS-U-ME, don't you?

Ok, Ok, Ok.....I'll play....

MY BOY:

All he did this last Saturday, is work up not 1 but 6 wild pheasants in a nice field out here in California...

Thats right...LIMITS for 2 (his Dad and Grandpa)

NOW TOP THAT...because doing that in this day and age is really working a MIRACLE!!!!!!!

NCA