PDA

View Full Version : $290 billion to finance its operations for just six additional weeks

Sabireley
12-16-2009, 04:52 PM
How about this one.

The House has approved legislation giving the federal government the ability to borrow a whopping $290 billion to finance its operations for just six additional weeks.

The vote sends the must-pass bill to the Senate, which is expected to approve it as its last act before adjourning for the year. The alternative would be a market-rattling, first-ever default on U.S. obligations.

The measure is needed as a result of the out-of-control budget deficit, which registered $1.4 trillion for the budget year that ended in September. The current debt ceiling is $12.1 trillion.

Democrats had hoped to pass a far larger increase of almost $2 trillion to avoid another vote before next year's midterm elections.

road kill
12-16-2009, 05:08 PM
How about this one.

The House has approved legislation giving the federal government the ability to borrow a whopping $290 billion to finance its operations for just six additional weeks.

The vote sends the must-pass bill to the Senate, which is expected to approve it as its last act before adjourning for the year. The alternative would be a market-rattling, first-ever default on U.S. obligations.

The measure is needed as a result of the out-of-control budget deficit, which registered $1.4 trillion for the budget year that ended in September. The current debt ceiling is $12.1 trillion.

Democrats had hoped to pass a far larger increase of almost $2 trillion to avoid another vote before next year's midterm elections.

Who are they borrowing it from??
Do we intend to pay it back??

How??

Hoax and Chains regards!!:D

rk

Goose
12-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Democrats and rino's have absolutely destroyed the hopes and dreams of all our children and grandchildren. Forget life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. They have nothing to look forward except for a standard of living a tad better than North Korea's. And chains!!! Chains a mile long attaching these young people to the debt they've inherited from us.

We live in Cuba now.

dnf777
12-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Democrats and rino's have absolutely destroyed the hopes and dreams of all our children and grandchildren. Forget life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. They have nothing to look forward except for a standard of living a tad better than North Korea's. And chains!!! Chains a mile long attaching these young people to the debt they've inherited from us.

We live in Cuba now.

How quickly we forget who incurred what debt! If you think any one party is solely responsible for our mess, you suffer from blind partisanship.

I still live in America!

road kill
12-16-2009, 05:41 PM
How quickly we forget who incurred what debt! If you think any one party is solely responsible for our mess, you suffer from blind partisanship.

I still live in America!
I see, this loan for $290,000,000,000 is George Bushs fault!!:rolleyes:

Ha Ha Ha!!

Hoax & Chains regards!!

rk

Sabireley
12-16-2009, 07:07 PM
The debt has been building over decades. The $290B is just a stop gap until they vote to increase the debt ceiling to $14T (~$14,000,000,000,000). That is to just keep the US from defaulting on the debt obligation in the next six weeks. How did we get here?

road kill
12-16-2009, 07:44 PM
The debt has been building over decades. The $290B is just a stop gap until they vote to increase the debt ceiling to $14T (~$14,000,000,000,000). That is to just keep the US from defaulting on the debt obligation in the next six weeks. How did we get here?
Hmmmm,let's see.......by spending MORE than we HAVE??

Just a guess.

Oh, BTW, when was the last time we had a balanced budget and who ran congress when it happened??

RP.....Yardley??

Buehler....anyone??:D

rk

Hoax and Chains regards!!

luvmylabs23139
12-16-2009, 08:03 PM

I still live in America!
BUt tons of new pork that BUMMA said he would not sign is adding to it. He will sign just like he did before and he added that porkulus bill.
He is worse than all the others combined. But that is his mission. He wants to destroy our country as we know it at turn it into the land of the GIVE ME GIVE ME I've been offended so I get everything people.

Goose
12-16-2009, 08:57 PM
And the arsonist responsible for printing all this additional Obama stash is Time magazine's Person of the Year. But I don't think B52 has the time to actually accept his award because he's real busy in the Fed's basement with his printing press and lots of green ink.

Counterfeiting money is a full time job.

We live in Cuba now.

Sabireley
12-17-2009, 10:57 AM
National debt as a percentage of GDP by presidential term.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_debt_by_U.S._presidential_terms

Holders of the public debt graph. China holds less than I thought, only $800B

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/aa/Foreign_Holders_of_United_States_Treasury_Securiti es.svg/500px-Foreign_Holders_of_United_States_Treasury_Securiti es.svg.png

Goose
12-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Looks like Zimbabwe Ben will be re-nominated to continue the counterfeiting operation in his basement.

We live in Cuba now.

Steve Amrein
12-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Only 800 B heck I ll right them a check:rolleyes:

Pikers......

dnf777
12-17-2009, 04:11 PM
I see, this loan for $290,000,000,000 is George Bushs fault!!:rolleyes:

Ha Ha Ha!!

Hoax & Chains regards!!

rk

There you go again!--bringing up Bush. Tsk Tsk Tsk
I merely pointed out that BOTH parties have acted in irresponsible, self-serving ways, and you turn it into a Bush discussion. No, the 290B is Obama's fault. The previous 8 trillion was Bush's. I hope Obama's spending increase will COVER THE INTEREST ON BUSH'S DEBT!!!!

Honestly, doesn't that amount of debt bother any of you conservatives?? Or is it still the old "republicans can do no wrong?"

23239: If Obama's plan is to destroy the country, he picked a perfect time to be president. Bush has already landed many near-fatal blows, leaving us clinging on life-support. It won't take much more! But anyone who believes that, is really out of touch. Most everyone wants to see this country succeed. People have different ways of making that happen. I doubt Obama has it right, but we know beyond any reasonable doubt the last administration had it WRONG. We have to recover from their damage, before we can try to succeed once again.

Have a good one,
Dave

M&K's Retrievers
12-17-2009, 04:23 PM
I merely pointed out that BOTH parties have acted in irresponsible, self-serving ways, and you turn it into a Bush discussion. No, the 290B is Obama's fault. The previous 8 trillion was Bush's. I hope Obama's spending increase will COVER THE INTEREST ON BUSH'S DEBT!!!!

Honestly, doesn't that amount of debt bother any of you conservatives?? Or is it still the old "republicans can do no wrong?"

23239: If Obama's plan is to destroy the country, he picked a perfect time to be president. Bush has already landed many near-fatal blows, leaving us clinging on life-support. It won't take much more! But anyone who believes that, is really out of touch. Most everyone wants to see this country succeed. People have different ways of making that happen. I doubt Obama has it right, but we know beyond any reasonable doubt the last administration had it WRONG. We have to recover from their damage, before we can try to succeed once again.

Have a good one,
Dave

Exactly what did the Bush Admin do and what did the Dem controled Congress do to stop these dasterdly deeds. I guess Bush twisted Barney Frank's arm so the housing crunch, Fanny Mae and Fredie Mac are Bush's fault as well.

Goose
12-17-2009, 05:29 PM

Have a good one,
Dave

Are you using your "I Hate Bush" pocket calculator when you come up with 8 trillion? Or was it the "Bush Is A Doosh" desktop model you got with your contribution to the DNC. Either way, please tell us how you came up with that number because my calculator says you're wrong.

dnf777
12-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Are you using your "I Hate Bush" pocket calculator when you come up with 8 trillion? Or was it the "Bush Is A Doosh" desktop model you got with your contribution to the DNC. Either way, please tell us how you came up with that number because my calculator says you're wrong.

I stand corrected. It was a mere 5 trillion. I'm not certain that includes all the supplemental war spending acts that he did not account for in the budget?

So, how does 5 trillion make you feel? Any better? And again, including war spending, my original number may be more accurate.

And what is your "calculator" based on?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/jan/22/rahm-emanuel/5-trillion-added-national-debt-under-bush/

And please place blame where it is due. I was not the one who brought up Bush. I pointed out both POLITICAL PARTIES have acted irresponsibly. Do you disagree with that?? What does your calculator say?

dnf777
12-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Exactly what did the Bush Admin do and what did the Dem controled Congress do to stop these dasterdly deeds. I guess Bush twisted Barney Frank's arm so the housing crunch, Fanny Mae and Fredie Mac are Bush's fault as well.

Pass blame all you want. That's the American way lately.
Bush had a republican congress for 6 out of 8 years. He had a do-nothing lap dog democratic congress for the last two. You're right. They did nothing to stop his record setting expansion of government power, spending and debt! We can agree on that, can't we?

M&K's Retrievers
12-18-2009, 12:26 AM
Pass blame all you want. That's the American way lately.
Bush had a republican congress for 6 out of 8 years. He had a do-nothing lap dog democratic congress for the last two. You're right. They did nothing to stop his record setting expansion of government power, spending and debt! We can agree on that, can't we?

I believe I asked you a question which you did not (can not?) answer. Bush did it all. All by himself. He was all powerful. In fact, he is still screwing things up while he's here in Dallas or in Crawford. Poor Obama doesn't stand a chance with the all powerful Bush calling all the shots and making the decisions. I ask again, what did he do to deserve your wrath. Please be specific.

dnf777
12-18-2009, 09:07 AM
I believe I asked you a question which you did not (can not?) answer. Bush did it all. All by himself. He was all powerful. In fact, he is still screwing things up while he's here in Dallas or in Crawford. Poor Obama doesn't stand a chance with the all powerful Bush calling all the shots and making the decisions. I ask again, what did he do to deserve your wrath. Please be specific.

I believe I gave you an answer, which you did not, (cannot?) see. Yes, I agree with you that Bush was powerful. He marginalized the checks and balances (as ALL presidents attempt to do). He ran up between 5 and 8 trillion dollars in debt, depending on how you crunch the numbers. He ran a secretive gov't, with the least amount of access of any admin in history. (Dick Cheney's energy policy meetings...behind locked doors, not subject to congressional review according to him) He expanded the gov't's powers to pry into YOUR private life more than any time in history. He used recess appointments for positions subject to congressional review at an unprecedented rate.

Ok, I answered your question. Take the "I love Bush" sunglasses off, and maybe you'll see that YOUR messiah was not what you bargained for! Are you really happy with the gov't expansion of power and debt under Bush???

M&K's Retrievers
12-18-2009, 09:55 PM
I believe I gave you an answer, which you did not, (cannot?) see. Yes, I agree with you that Bush was powerful. He marginalized the checks and balances (as ALL presidents attempt to do). He ran up between 5 and 8 trillion dollars in debt, depending on how you crunch the numbers. He ran a secretive gov't, with the least amount of access of any admin in history. (Dick Cheney's energy policy meetings...behind locked doors, not subject to congressional review according to him) He expanded the gov't's powers to pry into YOUR private life more than any time in history. He used recess appointments for positions subject to congressional review at an unprecedented rate.

Ok, I answered your question. Take the "I love Bush" sunglasses off, and maybe you'll see that YOUR messiah was not what you bargained for! Are you really happy with the gov't expansion of power and debt under Bush???

You didn't answer anything. You made accusations but did mention specifics just your continued "Bush did it". What exactly did he do? I keep asking. You do not seem able to tell me what he did. Maybe that is because you can't.

dnf777
12-18-2009, 10:46 PM
You didn't answer anything. You made accusations but did mention specifics just your continued "Bush did it". What exactly did he do? I keep asking. You do not seem able to tell me what he did. Maybe that is because you can't.

I never did like merry-go-rounds. Seeing and hearing the same thing over and over again gets boring! I'm getting off this one.

regards,
dave

M&K's Retrievers
12-18-2009, 11:19 PM
I never did like merry-go-rounds. Seeing and hearing the same thing over and over again gets boring! I'm getting off this one.

regards,
dave

Kinda what I thought. You may not like merry-go-rounds but you like backing up your BS even less.

Uncle Bill
12-19-2009, 06:17 PM

regards,
dave

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Sooooo refreshing seeing a quitter call it quits, after accusing Sarah Palin of being one.

BTW,....Dave, how do the signers of the Declaration of Independance fall into this view?

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." Friedrich Nietzsche

Is it your 'independant' philosophy that we need to include atheistic teachings into our curriculum too? Should we assume you are a Nietzsche devotee, or just an agnostic or freethinker?

Just remember, tho, Nietzsche lost that conflict with God, when he stated "God is dead". I wonder what "Freddie" might be telling us from his grave? Suppose he might be questioning his philosophy of 'different' thinking now?

UB

dnf777
12-19-2009, 08:47 PM
UB,
You're quite the antagonist.
What does my quote have to do with my wanting to teach atheistic teachings? And you say it like "freethinker" is such a bad thing.
Also, I didn't take an oath to stay and bang my head against a wall with the likes of some who have political blinders on, now did I?
What Nietzsche believed was up to him. I never met the guy, did you? I just happen to agree with the particular quote I added to my signature line. It is sad, but occurs here quite often. In fact, I'm replying to such an attitude right now.

As for the Declaration of Independence, I suggest you read it. Then you'll see it has NOTHING to do with Ms. Palin, and there is no parallel to be drawn between her quitting her sworn responsibilities, and a people severing ties with a government that no longer serves the needs of the people.

Uncle Bill
12-20-2009, 01:52 PM
UB,
You're quite the antagonist.
What does my quote have to do with my wanting to teach atheistic teachings? And you say it like "freethinker" is such a bad thing.
Also, I didn't take an oath to stay and bang my head against a wall with the likes of some who have political blinders on, now did I?
What Nietzsche believed was up to him. I never met the guy, did you? I just happen to agree with the particular quote I added to my signature line. It is sad, but occurs here quite often. In fact, I'm replying to such an attitude right now.

As for the Declaration of Independence, I suggest you read it. Then you'll see it has NOTHING to do with Ms. Palin, and there is no parallel to be drawn between her quitting her sworn responsibilities, and a people severing ties with a government that no longer serves the needs of the people.

After reading this, the intelligence I used to give you credit for, has waned considerably. You obviously have no knowledge of the meaning of a freethinker. May want to look it up sometime.

As to your reference to my needing to read the Declaration of Independance, that poses no problem since it's posted on my wall, along side the US Constitution.

But in your Nietzsche-cleverness capacity, you failed to make the point that 'like-minded' US patriots authored that historical document.

As to your venom for Mrs. Palin, please drop your phoney PC title of Ms. Most conservatives have far more respect for their married females than the left. Stick with your Ms. for Degeneras and O'Donnell, and the other lefty lesbians the Democrat party is so proud of.

UB

dnf777
12-20-2009, 06:40 PM
After reading this, the intelligence I used to give you credit for, has waned considerably. You obviously have no knowledge of the meaning of a freethinker. May want to look it up sometime.

As to your reference to my needing to read the Declaration of Independance, that poses no problem since it's posted on my wall, along side the US Constitution.

But in your Nietzsche-cleverness capacity, you failed to make the point that 'like-minded' US patriots authored that historical document.

As to your venom for Mrs. Palin, please drop your phoney PC title of Ms. Most conservatives have far more respect for their married females than the left. Stick with your Ms. for Degeneras and O'Donnell, and the other lefty lesbians the Democrat party is so proud of.

UB

Thankyou UB.
You show true colors.
Stay warm, it's cold out there.

Cogito ergo sum regards,
dave

M&K's Retrievers
12-20-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm getting off this one.

regards,
dave

Couldn't stand it could you? Still no answers...

dnf777
12-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Couldn't stand it could you? Still no answers...

No. The answers were laid right before your eyes. So either 1) you're too stupid to see the answers (which I do NOT believe), or 2) you're a helpless ideologue who refuses to see the answers. (very common here)

Rather than escalate into a bitter thread, as is happening, I choose to bow out. If it strokes your ego to call that a victory for yourself, go right ahead. I like to try at least to keep things civil, so I chose to move on. I hope you can understand that. If not, go ahead and get your last shots in. I don't really mind.

Hope Monday is treating you well,
Dave

M&K's Retrievers
12-21-2009, 06:40 PM
No. The answers were laid right before your eyes. So either 1) you're too stupid to see the answers (which I do NOT believe), or 2) you're a helpless ideologue who refuses to see the answers. (very common here)

Rather than escalate into a bitter thread, as is happening, I choose to bow out. If it strokes your ego to call that a victory for yourself, go right ahead. I like to try at least to keep things civil, so I chose to move on. I hope you can understand that. If not, go ahead and get your last shots in. I don't really mind.

Hope Monday is treating you well,
Dave

You have left here twice but your still here. Kind of like a car wreck:-P